Fandom: Homicide: Life on the Street
Pairing: Mike/Tim
Rating: G
Disclaimer: These characters belong to people who aren't me. I make no money.
Notes: My webpage is iwannabedonna.
I'm attempting to answer every challenge on the Challenge_The_Muses, including all the individual Holiday/Birthday challenges. It's rather a lot of fun.
On the note of "Homicide", it remains one of my favorite fandoms, and I always love the touch of inspiration when it hits. And I'm so mad for Mikey and Tim, separately or together.

Warnings: None.
Summary: Sometimes, you get the urge.

Challenge: the April 2003 Holidays Challenge; April 4 is National Kick Butts day.

 


Temptations

by Perpetual Motion




"You know those things will kill you."

Mike glanced over his shoulder and saw Tim standing a few feet away. "Your point?"

"No point." Tim looked away from Mike and watched the movement of Baltimore through chain-link. "I used to smoke."

"You've mentioned that before." Mike took a drag of his cigarette.

"Yeah. I quit on April 4."

"Any particular reason?"

Tim shrugged, his eyes still on Baltimore. "Good day for it. It's National Kick Butts Day. Supposed to be the one day of the year no one smokes."

"How very conformist of you."

"I thought so, too, but it worked. I haven't smoked since."

Mike sucked in another drag. "So you're cured."

"More or less."

"Then why aren't you looking at me? Afraid the sight of a lit cigarette will set you off?"

"It's not the cigarette." Tim finally looked at Mike again and seemed to concentrate on his mouth. He watched without expression as Mike took the final drag. In two swift steps he was in front of Mike, his lips just barely not-touching Mike's, breathing in smoke as it exhaled from Mike's mouth. As soon as the smoke dissipated, he turned on his heel and left.

Mike blinked, took a deep breath, flicked his butt off the roof and started out at Baltimore until his erection subsided. Then, he lit another cigarette.

 


Challenges * Home * Stories