Fandom: Without a Trace
Pairing: Danny/Martin
Rating: G
Disclaimer: They belong to CBS and the production team. I just play with them and returned them properly rumpled.
Notes: My webpage is iwannabedonna.
Warnings: None.
Summary: Some light conversation on beer and pizza night.

Challenge: Answering the April 2003 Song Lyrics Challenge, "From This Moment"

 


In a Moment

by Perpetual Motion




It was a beer and pizza night, and as such, there was beer and pizza. Danny and Martin were half-sprawled on the couch, sweats on, pizza in one hand and beer in the other.

Danny pulled a few strings of cheese from his slice and spoke as he shoved them into his mouth. "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Martin raised his eyebrows. "Isn't this kind of deep conversation for beer and pizza night?"

"No deeper than the Shakespeare vs. Chaucer discussion we had last beer and pizza night."

"Shakespeare and no."

"Chaucer. Why not?"

"Love requires you to know a person. When it's first sight, it's a hormonal reaction to the physical attractiveness of a person."

"Lust."

"Yeah."

"What about falling for someone in an instant?"

Martin took a drink from his beer. "What do you mean?"

"Have you ever been with someone and just known right then that you want to be with that person for as long as possible?"

"Falling in love in a second?"

Danny shook his head. "No, more like, you are in love, but you have that one moment of clarity where you realize you want to be in love with that person forever."

"Oh." Martin thought about it for a minute. "Yeah, I think that's possible."

"Good." Danny put his beer down and tossed his crust towards the box. "'Cause it just happened to me." He leaned over and kissed Martin slowly. When he pulled away, Martin was smiling.

"I think it just happened to me." He kissed Danny.

 


Challenges * Home * Stories