Fandom: View Askew, specifically Dogma
Rating: PG, for language and snoonch of violence.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, and I don't own most of the speaking lines either. Kevin Smith and a whole other mess of people do. Too bad really. I wouldn't mind owning a pair of renegade angels.. Oh, and the lyrics are from the song "Bad Moon Rising" written by J. C. Fogerty and performed by Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Notes: None really. Just a lot of ruined lines from the flick. I apologize in advance for that. Oh, and the title isn't very creative. I suck at naming things. So sue me. Wait.. don't sue me. I'm poor.
Warnings: None.
Summary: A moment in time.

Challenge: the October 2001 Song Challenge, "Bad Moon Rising"

 


Bad Moon Rising

by Jade




[I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightning
I see bad times today]

Bartleby shoved me against the beam and hissed in my face, "Nobody - not even the Almighty Himself - is going to make that otherwise." He glared hard at me, then stalked off. This was bad. This was so bad. He'd snapped. He'd completely fucking snapped. The question is, why? Why the fuck did I follow him? Why didn't I just turn around and go back to Wisconsin? Back to my cartoons, back to my job, back.. home. But no. I followed my master like an obedient little lap dog. God I'm a idiot.

[I hear hurricanes ablowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear the rivers overflowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin]

"Wings, now." He ordered me as people ran screaming from the old church.

"I'm feeling a little exposed..."

"DO IT!" he screamed.

"Fine you shitty bastard!" I yelled back and uncased my wings. "There, happy?"

Bartleby growled and grabbed me, brandishing his knife. "Very." He smirked and cut into my wings.

"Fuck!" I screamed as I tried to jump away. Holy shit that hurt! But Bartleby had a firm hold on my thrashing form. He quickly hacked off my other wing and gave me one of the most satisfied looks I have ever seen. "There. Try to stop me now... mortal." He tossed my wing into the street, then snatched my gun and took off, firing at anything that was moving. And there was a lot moving.

I blinked. I wasn't an angel. I felt so small. So insignificant. So... human. And where the pain of missing Her had been, now was pain for the loss of the connection. With Her, with Bartleby. With, well... everyone.

Someone had dropped a bottle of champagne. It was probably for the ceremony or something. "Won't be needing it now.." I thought as I popped the cork and started drinking. I hoped God would show up... hoping She could stop this.

[Hope you got your things together
Hope you're quite prepared to die
Looks like were in for nasty weather
An eye is taken for an eye.]

The scion and her followers arrived, looking at the scene. Maybe they could stop him. I said something to them, I can't remember clearly, partly from being drunk off of my ass. But a few slaps from Serendipity sobered my up a bit.

"...Have you gone in and come out through the archway yet?" She asked me frantically. I was about to answer when I heard a voice.

"No!"

"Oops.. He's back." I'm not sure if I said it out loud, but I know I thought it.

I don't know exactly what happened next, but I know it resulted in what's happening now. I'm laying here, bleeding and dying with the other humans. I was just another human to him. That's why it was so easy for him to stick me with that knife. Fuck it hurts. I can see them fighting through my rapidly dimming vision. I lay my head down and just focus on breathing. It won't do any good though. I can tell. It's getting harder with each breath. I'm sorry God. I failed. I tried to stop him, but I failed.

Something is happening, but I don't have the strength to look up. I can't hear anything, but I know people are talking. I feel some blood splatter onto my head. Then I see Her, walking this way. She'll save me! I try to move as she stands by me, only my right leg cooperating, and not very well. No.. hang on Loki. God can fix this... breath.. breath.. just.. hang... ... ...

[Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take you're life
There's a bad moon on the rise.]

***

 


Challenges * Home * Stories