More Member Posted Challenges

Bumper Sticker Challenge:

Use one or more of these as a springboard for a fic, any fandom, any situation -Steel

Don't you dare hug me.

No thanks. I prefer someone who lives above ground.

You can't live with them and you can't shoot them.

Suppose I said yes.

Enjoy Life. This is not a dress rehearsal.

How can you resist such cuteness and talent?

I have no intention of telling you my real name.

Where's Basil? Where's my Rolls?

Mind like a steel Slinky.

Maybe later. Maybe never.

Life is a constant audition.

Reality is for people who lack imagination.

Looking for Mr. "He'll Do"

Not much upstairs - but what a staircase!

When the going gets weird...

Moody, but cute.

I'm goin' crazy. Wanna come along?

Love means never having to say "Put down that meat cleaver!"

If I can't win, I don't want to play.

Accepting reality is the first step to insanity.

If you're looking for me, I just left.

On the journey to Enlightenment, I'm taking the local.

This is the earliest I've ever been late.

What a long, strange trip it's been.

Better-Than-Sex Cookies Challenge:

Hello Everyone, Well a friend of mine gave me this recipe and well I just couldn't help but post a challenge to it :) Write a story where your characters are making the cookie, handing out the cookies, or trying the cookies, which is soon followed up about finding out if said cookies are really "Better than Sex," ;) *HUGS* and Have fun! -Lady Q

Better-Than-Sex Cookies

Ingredients:

1 lb pecan pieces
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like Guittard's best)
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup butter (1 and 1/2 sticks), softened
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar, or so, 3/4 cup if you like sweeter cookies
2 eggs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Take half the pecans, and process in a blender or food processor, until it has the texture of coarsely ground peanut butter. (Pecan butter will not be as oily as homestyle peanut butter.)

Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.

Beat together pecan butter, butter, sugars and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs and beat well. Gradually add in flour mixture until blended. Manually stir in remaining pecans and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 9 to 15 minutes, depending on how rounded your spoon is, until the cookies are golden brown. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Variation:

You may try toasting the pecans before processing, for a slightly roasted flavor. You can also reduce the sugar slightly and substitute milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet.

My Two Dads Challenge:

A conversation on another list got me remembering a show I liked a long time ago - "My Two Dads". Well, I thought the base of the show would make a great challenge for other fandoms. I can totally see it for Jim & Blair of TS, but others can definitely qualify.

For those who don't remember/never saw the show:

Two guys slept with a woman within a short period of time. Many years later, they're called to a lawyer - the woman died in a car accident, leaving her daughter behind, and the lawyer claims she didn't know which man was the girl's father. So, they moved into one apartment and raised the girl together.

Obviously, this was before DNA testing :) But it can still work, especially if friendships/relationships develop during the time it takes to get the results. This can be either slash or gen (though I kind of pull for slash, myself).

Fun writing! -JamieBlue

Aphrodisiacs Challenge:

When I found this list on the Life Network website, I had to turn it into a challenge!

Use any (or as many) of the following in a story as you wish... -Denise

Top 10 Aphrodisiacs (listed alphabetically)
by Viviane Kertesz

Asparagus - Everything about asparagus screams "aphrodisiac" - from the sexy, phallic shape of its stalk to its tender taste. Achieve best results by boiling or steaming these and serving with a plain or herb-infused butter sauce. Although hard to find (and more expensive than the green variety), white asparagus is worth the search. Try serving white asparagus with warm table cream for a delectable treat. Who needs cutlery? Feed this palate-inspiring fare to your lover with your fingers.

Avocado - Despite the avocado's similitude, when halved, to female genitalia, the Aztecs called the avocado tree "Ahuacuatl" which translated means "testicle tree," believing this fruit, which hangs in pairs, to resemble male genitalia. A divine fruit, avocado is rich in vitamin E and offers a creamy, mouth-watering texture. The base ingredient in guacamole, avocado is great in salty or sweet dishes alike. For a savoury treat, serve avocado sliced with balsamic vinegar and freshly ground pepper, and for a refreshing dessert, try serving avocado mashed with lemon and sugar, sweetening to taste.

Bananas - The banana's phallic shape is certainly in part responsible for its popularity as an aphrodisiac. But from a scientific standpoint, bananas offer a bountiful source of potassium and B-complex vitamins, both vital elements in sex hormone production. So if you're not already ape about bananas, indulge in the lascivious act of peeling and eating this ripe, yellow fruit on its own, or flambéed and topped with ice cream, whip cream, and chocolate (see below) in a banana split.

Chocolate - Also known as "nourishment of the Gods," chocolate contains natural ingredients which cause the brain to release serotonin, a hormone responsible for feelings of relaxation and pleasure. Chocolate that has a higher quantity of cocoa is purportedly a more effective aphrodisiac, so choose dark chocolates over its lighter cousins to maximise this desired effect. The fact that chocolate is high in magnesium, and boasts more antioxidant properties than red wine, is a good excuse to indulge in a small amount of both during a romantic dinner with your love.

Ginger - Whether served raw, cooked, candied, or crystallised, ginger root is a circulatory system stimulant that adds tangy flavour to any meal. Because ginger increases circulation, it improves sensitivity to your body's erogenous zones. Candied ginger is a light, delicious way to complete a romantic dinner while simultaneously improving post-meal breath.

Honey - Everything about honey is an aphrodisiac, from its thick and viscous consistency and its golden appearance to its aromatic, sweet scent and its deliriously syrupy taste. Even its manufacture is romantic: culled by honeybees who create it from the nectar of flowering plants, this substance is a natural treat that is affordably luxurious. Add honey instead of sugar to tea for a change, or try hot milk with honey to warm yourself on a cold winter's day. Try to incorporate honey into salad dressings or desserts, such as baked bananas, ice cream parfaits, and hot, buttered buns. Perfect to share with your honey-bunny.

Oysters - Historically, oysters have enjoyed a randy reputation-but is it deserved? Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, conceived one of mythology's first aphrodisiacs when she burst forth from the sea and gave birth to Eros on the shell of an oyster. Casanova was rumoured to eat several dozen oysters each morning with the ladies he romanced. Low in fat and high in salt and glycogen content (an essential element in muscle contraction), oysters are a healthy source of phosphorus, iodine, and zinc (said to increase both sperm and testosterone production as well as the secretion of a vaginal lubricant). Serve oysters au naturel, on crushed ice with seaweed, fresh lemon juice or Worcestershire sauce, or top with caviar and pair with champagne for an opulent aphrodisiac treat.

Nutmeg - If variety is the spice of life, spices are sure to infuse your love life with zest. Known for its hallucinogenic effect in large quantities, nutmeg has long been a natural aphrodisiac across many cultures. Try grating whole nutmeg into pumpkin soup or pie, or sprinkle the powdered variety into eggnog for a festive addition to this traditional holiday beverage that is a welcome surprise off-season. Experiment with it as a substitute in recipes that call for cinnamon or cardamom.

Truffles - French food expert Brillat-Savarin surmised that although the truffle is not exactly an aphrodisiac, it had a tendency to make women more tender and men more likeable. Whereas Greeks and Romans considered this member of the mushroom family a reliable aphrodisiac, medieval peasants went so far as to dedicate truffles to Venus. Their short harvesting season, expensive extraction methods (requiring either human, canine, or porcine experts), and divine flavour, are three reasons that make truffles a luxury item. If you have acquired a taste for them, the mere idea of their consumption can be an aphrodisiac. Try including fresh or canned truffles in an omelette, salad, or sauce if only for a culinary celebration of a special anniversary with your loved one.

Vanilla - The cured, unripe fruit of an orchid acts as much through its sultry scent as through its taste. Because the brain recognises scent in the hypothalamus, a gland that controls memory and emotion, pleasing scents - like vanilla's fragrance-have a powerful effect on the sex drive. Vanilla is a common addition to many sweet baked goods, which often call for the real bean rather than the liquid form of real or artificial vanilla extract. The difference is tangible: the seeds inside vanilla pods give off a sensuous odour when boiled in cream or milk. If you're not fond of it in baking (try it in chocolate-based concoctions), add it to your bath for a heavenly soak that will seep its sexy smell into your skin.

Challenges * Home * Stories