The Place of Our Legacy


Updates


To 1999 Updates


31st JULY, 2000
  • CLOSING DOWN: Yes, it's true. After being open for approximately 18 months, The Place of Our Legacy is closing down. I'm going to be a full-time student again, so that means lots of study, and less time online. It also means TPOOL will be closed - even though it may not seem like the updates are huge, a lot of time is spent on them. I have unimaginable thanks for all the authors who trusted me enough to archive their work here, and thank you to the readers who kept coming back for more. :-) [NOTE: Those of you who've sent me submissions since the last update, I won't be able to archive them until I re-open the site - sorry! And those that are currently 'in limbo' (ie, some parts are up, later ones aren't) will remain that way until... whenever. Sorry that I can't get a solid fix on the date...]
  • Stories: All of the multi-part Stargate stories have had complete text files of the stories added. I was in the middle of doing this for the Star Wars archive when I decided to close the site. I hope to finish converting all stories if I re-open the site later. :-)
  • Beta Readers: Updated the Star Wars Betas page.

10th JULY, 2000
  • Star Wars stories added: "Your Clown".
  • Stargate stories added: "Home", "Next Time", parts 38-43 of "The Past Remembered", "This is Getting Old", and "What's in a Name?"
  • Beta Readers: Updated the Star Wars Betas page.
  • About TPOOL: Made some changes to the 'About The Place of Our Legacy' page
  • Changed some of the graphics (namely the banner at the top of most main pages)... a new-look site may be coming, but I haven't quite decided yet
  • Slight change to all of the pages on the site - the links are no longer underlined, and the little 'navigation links' at the bottom of each page have been 'pruned'. <g> Also, I'm getting rid of the 'Stargate Main' and 'Star Wars Main' page. Other little changes have been made with things like fonts on certain pages.

JUNE, 2000
  • Star Wars stories added: "Cloak", "Father", Parts 1 & 2 of "Home Rule", "Jealousy", part 1 of "Joy", "Kilts", "The Lighter Side of Maul", parts 3, 4 and Epilogue of "Mosaic" (finally! Sorry it's taken so long, Nyc!), "The Night Yoda Went Crazy", "Nu'Yakk, Nu'Yakk!", "A Promise Fulfilled", "Retirement", part 2 of "Secret Fear", "Sh**... I Did it Again", "Sister", "What They Really Said", "Year Upon Year", and "Zonk".
  • Stargate stories added: "Answers", "The Best of Both Worlds", "The Camping Trip", "Dr Jackson and Mr Hyde", "Night Maneuvers", "P-537", parts 18-37 of "The Past Remembered", "Planet-quake", "Sometimes I Can Forget", "Storms of Life", and "Who, What, Why, When and Where?".
  • Chat: New chat room!! The last two that have been up were acting strangely, to say the least. Hopefully, this one will work much better. Like the others, you can either access it via your browser in a java applet, or using an IRC program.
  • URL: I've heard via the grapevine that some people have a problem remembering the URL for the site [http://ancientservant.cjb.net]. So, there's a new, hopefully easier URL you can use - http://tpool.cjb.net/ , which uses the initials of the site's name (The Place Of Our Legacy). However, the other one, and https://www.squidge.org/~ancientservant still work... okay, I've probably confused you all terribly now. <g> Just use whichever URL is easiest for you to remember, but all of them take you to the same site. *smile*

MAY, 2000
  • Star Wars stories added: "Diplomatic Incident", part 8 of "Old Flames", part 1 of "Secret Fear", "A Stolen Moment - Ardeth", and "A Stolen Moment - Qui-Gon".
  • Stargate stories added: "A is for Assassin", "Bad Penny", "Centre of Attention", "Daniel's Addiction", "Days Gone Bye", "Full Circle", "In for a Penny", parts 31-38 of "Mishap", parts 15-17 of "The Past Remembered", "Pieces of Clarity".

APRIL, 2000
  • Star Wars stories added: actually, not an addition, but an update. The Sabé series written by JazzyJedi LA has been revised, and the newer versions of prelude and part 1 of "Sabé's Journal" has been added. (Sorry it took so long, Amy!) Also, "Trophy Slave", and "Twins".
  • Stargate stories added: "Attica", "But Who's Counting?", "Circles", "Dead-Again Daniel", "Gone For Good?", "Intimat Hearts - Charity", "Intimate Hearts - Hope", "Mea Culpa", parts 20-30 of "Mishap", "Moments to Remember", "No Bones About It", "Not Like Nick", parts 10-14 of "The Past Remembered", "Source of Light", "Soul Salvation", and "The Sphinx Conspiracy".
  • Updates List: I really recommend to people who keep checking back for updates to join the mailing list - it's for the sole purpose of telling people when the site's been updated and what's new. I also let people know via the list when the next update may be due, and if there are problems which are stopping me from updating. Go to http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/tpool-updates to subscribe.
  • Submissions: Everyone please, oh pretty please, remember to include a space between new paragraphs. If you're wondering what I mean, check out the new sample story to give you a good idea what the heck I'm going on about. *grin*

MARCH, 2000
  • Star Wars stories added: "Aging of a Master of the Sith", "Another One of Those Days in the Old Age of Yoda, Jedi Master", "A Change in Plans", part 4 of "The Chasing of Obi-Wan Kenobi", "In the Beginning", "Knighthood", "Life Without the Senile Old Despot", "Lost Light", "Miracle", parts 6-7 of "Old Flames", "An Old Friend", "One of Those Days in the Life of Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Apprentice", "Performance Anxiety", "Plotting Our Future", "Poof!", parts 1-11B of "Realities Collide", parts 10-16 of "Something Borrowed, Something Blue", "Their Journey Home", and part 1 of "Written in the Stars".
  • Stargate stories added: "Accidents Will Happen", "After Nick", "Appearances", "Cat-astrophe", "Coffee Nerves", parts 3-7 of "Doppleganger", "Happenstance", "Last Laugh", "Medical Considerations - Shades of Grey", parts 8-19 of "Mishap", "Missing Scene - Shades of Grey", parts 1-9 of "The Past Remembered", "A Price Too High", "A Sense of Belonging", "Spores", "Through the Gate", "Trust is a Two-Way Street", "Waiting", "Where the Heart Is", parts 9-44 of "Where Roads Meet", and "Why".
  • Submissions - I've made some more slight changes to the submissions guidelines. GO AND READ THEM IF YOU SUBMIT FANFICTION. I'm now asking that you please send chapters of stories separately if that's how they're written. And if a story is over 150KB when you're sending it to me, please send me an email before to warn me - I don't want to be wondering what's taking over 5 minutes to download off my mail server. Thanks.
  • Submissions - folks, I can't emphasise this enough. PLEASE format your work properly. It won't be archived if it's not formatted correctly when sent to me.
  • Submissions - for those of you who use the submission forms to submit stories, don't worry if all of your story text is bunched on the 'receipt/thankyou' page, but you sent it properly formatted. That's just a funny quirk of Response-O-Matic's (the people who process the forms). If the formatting was correct in the original text box of the form, it came through to me just fine.
  • Search - I've added a search engine to the site (you can find it towards the bottom of most main pages). It may only be temporary, depending on how useful it is, and how well it works. For those of you who may try it, if you could please email me at tpool@unbounded.com with your thoughts about the engine, it will help me come to a decision on whether or not to keep it. Thanks.
  • Interactive - Just a note to everyone - the message board and chat room are there for whoever wants to use them. I know I've been really slack in the upkeep of them, but please don't feel that they should be avoided. If you want to organise to meet some friends in the chat room, by all means do so. I can also advertise a time to chat there if the feedback is good. If you'd like to start a thread on the message board or ask for help with a story, then please don't hesitate. That's what they're there for. *smile*
  • Links - if you want your site linked from this one, don't worry about emailing me. Just go here and add your link - there's no need to ask my permission. Just make sure you add it in the right category. *smile*   And vice versa - if you'd like to link my site on yours, please link away! (But PLEASE link to the warning page - more info on linking to me here)
  • Links - slightly changed some things on the Link to me page.
  • URL - As most of you will know, I generally use a redirection URL for the site (http://ancientservant.cjb.net/). Now, CJB, the people who run the redirection service, sometimes have problems, so if CJB is acting up, you can access the site via https://www.squidge.org/~ancientservant. If you still can't access the site, chances are the server is down, so you'll have to try again later. Just a little FYI. *smile*

FEBRUARY, 2000
  • THE PLACE OF OUR LEGACY TURNS 1!!!!!  Yes, the site's 1st birthday is on 17th of February, and it's a very happy time for me. *smile* If you actually want to read what I was thinking at this 'milestone' *LOL*, go to the Birthday Notes page.
  • Star Wars Stories: "The Abandoned", "Choices", part 4 of "The Goal", "The Honeymoon", parts 5-8 of "Loyalty of a Padawan", parts 3-9 of "Something Borrowed, Something Blue", and "What's a Nice Girl Like You...".
  • Stargate Stories: "Dénouement", parts 1 & 2 "Doppleganger", "Going to the Movies", "Interlude - Daniel", "Interlude - Jack", parts 3-7 of "Mishap", "Reconnaisance", "Relatives", and parts 1-8 of "Where Roads Meet".
  • Had to remove the link for part 3 of "Mosaic", as there was something wrong with the file. Hopefully it'll be re-added soon.
  • In the ever-changing indexes category... *grin* The full indexes for the stories have gone. And so are the letter grouping pages (you know, A-E, F-J, etc). There is now one page per letter of the alphabet. And if I have to touch those indexes again within 6 months...!! *wink*
  • I've kept the email and submission change notices on the main page and they'll be there for another 3 weeks. This is to make sure people who haven't been here in a while see it as well.
  • I forgot to add in last week's (or it might have been the week before's) update - main page counter hit 20,000!! Thanks everyone!!
  • Speaking of counters, I've gotten rid of the Bravenet ones on the 'main' main page, and the two separate fandom pages. In the first one's place there is a new tracker which will be reset at 0. I'm not installing new trackers on the separate fandom pages.
  • Created a mailing list for the site to notify people when updates are made and when things (eg submission guidelines) have changed. It runs through onelist and you can subscribe by either going to http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/tpool-updates or sending an empty email message to tpool-updates-subscribe@onelist.com (but only use the email option if you're already a member of ONElist).
  • Joined the Jedihunks webring
  • Yes, some of you may have noticed that I slightly changed a link for the main page - it's no longer just index.html. Unfortunately, I realised (quite belatedly) that changing one link was probably quite stupid - it meant that same link would need to be changed on all the story pages, and that (in turn) all those pages would have to be re-uploaded... *faints* I decided to take this opportunity to change a few little layout bits in the stories as well, which is why the update is so late. So if there are some story links that aren't working, please notify me immediately so I can fix it.

JANUARY, 2000
  • New SW fics include: "Alone", parts 6-10 of "Banished", parts 1-3 of "The Chasing of Obi-Wan Kenobi", "The Competition", parts 1 & 2 of "Death is Not Enough", "The End of the Road", "Family", "The Favour", "First Conflict", "First Meeting", "From the Tales of Rent-A-Jedi - The Reunion", "From the Tales of Rent-A-Jedi - A Wonderful Dessert", parts 1-3 of "The Goal", "Jedi Hotline", parts 1-4 of "Loyalty of a Padawan", chapters 17-25 of Part 2 of "Mosaic", Interlude II of "Mosaic", part 3-5 of "Old Flames", "On the Edge", "Patience is it's Own Reward", "Qui-Gon's Monthly Report", "Qui-Gon's Monthly Report II", "The Reward is Sweet", parts 1 & 2 of "Shattered Paradise", "Sleepover Secrets", "The Ruler - Seeds of Rebellion", and parts 1 & 2 of "Something Borrowed, Something Blue", "Surfacing", prologue & part 1 of "Unseen Enemy", and "The Warrior - Seeds of Destruction".
  • New SG-1 fics: "Altered States", "Cave In", "Despair", parts 12-19 of "The Devil to Pay", "Forgotten", parts 1 & 2 of "Mishap", "The Métis", "Present Tense", "Remembered", parts 11-13 of "Take Me Home", "Unfinished Business", and "What Price Joy?".
  • After looking at the results of the vote caster, I've come to see that a small amount of people are still using the full index pages of stories. Now, while I can see that a full index is useful, the file size is just growing by leaps and bounds each week and it takes longer and longer to upload (not to mention just plain load in your browser). So, this is the last week that either of the full indexes will be available. My apologies to those who are still using them.
  • Big time changes have been made to the Submissions page. Everyone who has or will be submitting fic, please read that entire page. If you don't, I can't be held accountable if your fic doesn't get archived.
  • There's a new email address for site stuff if you want to contact me - tpool@unbounded.com. Any site mail which originally went to gower@omcs.com.au must now be sent to the unbounded.com address.
  • This updates page was getting extremely long, so I've split it up. All updates previous to this one can be found on the 1999 Updates page. All 2000 updates will continue to remain here.



To 1999 Updates


   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||