A BRAND NEW GAME: Part 9

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Part 9: Jack

Whoa....

This is not good...

I've had about all the rest I can handle for one night.

Where's...?

Why is Daniel on the floor?

I get up and lean over him. He's shaking like he's as frozen as I was in my...

What the hell?

"Daniel?" I shake him, hard.

We've got to wake up, here; figure this thing out. I've got a funny feeling, the kind I get when things aren't quite as kosher as they seem...

Daniel is stirring, still shivering and mumbling something about being alone.

I shake him a little harder and his eyes finally open, blinking at me in confusion.

"Jack?" His voice is raw with some deep emotion that I can't quite fathom...or maybe I can. "Jack, what's going on?"

I shake my head. "I dunno, buddy. How'd you wind up on the floor?"

"I wanted to stay awake," he says, his voice shaking as much as he is. "I...think I wanted to tell you something. Must've passed out."

I lead him to the kitchen and pour us some coffee. Something's screwy around here and it's way past time to get to the bottom of it.

Daniel's still shivering so I crank up the thermostat until the furnace kicks in. Between the heat and the coffee he gradually seems to thaw out.

He looks like grade 'A' shit...hollow eyed and trembling, every nerve seemingly stretched to its limit.

"Jack...what is all of this?" His hands hover vaguely, but I know what he means.

He looks at me expectantly...

We've always managed to find answers before, but this....

I lay my head on my hands for a moment.

Got to think....


No....

This is my old house.

The house where Charlie....

Charlie?

He's running across the lawn, bounding onto the porch and into the house with all the youthful energy and enthusiasm that I remember so well. His blond hair bounces in the sunlight and it's almost like a slow-motion image...as if I have to memorize every detail while I can...

I know where this is going.

I don't want to be here.

"Jack?"

Daniel is beside me.

Daniel shouldn't be here.

I didn't even know Daniel back when....

I shake my head numbly; my entire body is braced for the sound that I know is coming soon...

The sound that changed everything...

The sound that never stops...

Daniel's pulling me, turning me away from the house, making me look at him...

"Jack, this isn't real. We have to go...now!" Daniel's voice is forceful, demanding in a way I've never heard before.

Part of me knows this isn't real; part of me knows that nothing will change here...

I know this is a dream.

This has to be a dream.

Get me out of here, Daniel...

"Jack!"


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||