A BRAND NEW GAME: Part 7

by:  Jmas
Feedback to:  jmtm1@eastky.net



DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognisable characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


Part 7: Jack

"What fate Omarocca?"

The fishy guy is getting really ticked off at Daniel....

I guess that's only fair because Daniel is getting pretty ticked off at him...

It's been two days now and that's just about all the big bluegill has managed to say. He whumped Daniel up against the wall with some kind of energy burst the last time the kid said he didn't he didn't know...

Me? I'm just hanging around over here in my corner, tied up to some bubbling tube of a thing. I don't know if I'm here as some kind of insurance that Daniel won't escape or as a contingency plan if he doesn't come up with the answers Nem wants.

Half the time I they both forget I'm even over here, they're so busy glaring and arguing.

"What fate Omarocca?"

"What is Omarocca? Who is Omarocca?"

"What...fate...?"

"I don't know!"

It would almost be funny if it weren't for the fact that we're being held prisoner here in this underwater...whatever...against our will. And, of course, there is Nem's promise that we're going to die if Daniel doesn't come up with the right answer to a question he doesn't even understand.

I've never seen Daniel so frustrated.

He's doing that little bouncy thing...like Tigger in hyperdrive....that tells me he's reached the end of his patience. Messing with Daniel when he gets like that is like playing hockey with a ticking time bomb...fun up to a point, then boom!

Nem is getting madder by the minute. They're arguing about whether Earth is still controlled by the Goa'uld. Then Daniel suggest Nem use that brain-drain thing to get the information he wants...

"Unh-unh...bad idea...." I yell it out, but they ignore me.

Nem tells Daniel that it could kill him. Daniel looks over at me and I shake my head. Bad plan, Daniel. Really bad plan.

But he's the one who isn't tied up and he's the one who's got Nem's answer somewhere in that thick skull of his. He's also the one who's so obviously trying to ignore me right now....

Nem hooks Daniel up to the machine that he used to make Carter and Teal'c think we were dead. It starts out okay, but Nem keeps cranking it up until the sweat is pouring off of Daniel's face and the veins are standing out in his neck and arms as he tries to talk through the pain.

I'm pulling on these ropes as hard as I can, but they won't give at all. I can only sit here and watch as Nem pushes Daniel harder and harder. I'm screaming my lungs out over here, but there's nothing I can do to help Daniel....

Daniel is finally able to tell Nem that his mate, Omarocca, is dead. Nem doesn't take the news very well...he cranks the machine up even further. Daniel screams once, his body arching against the restraints and then collapsing....

Nem roars in anger, grief...whatever....and finally really looks at me for the first time. His strange eyes look almost human as he apologizes to me for hurting Daniel. I tell him to save it and go help Daniel, but Nem says it's too late....

It can't be. Daniel can't be dead....

I should have been able to stop it....

This isn't supposed to end like this!


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||