THE BRINGING BACK

by:  Raven
Feedback to:  Stargategirl@hotmail.com

Author's Notes:  I was just thinking about how much SG-1 dies, and what it must be like for them... *smiles*



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


PAIN! Gone... I was sailing in a sea of warmth. Kind of floating there, in the water, but it wasn’t wet. The sky was blue, that color blue that penetrates the sky on a hot July afternoon...And I was there. So far from anywhere, but not discontented with that fact either.

Occasionally I would look up at the clouds. There were only a few of them, fluffy white pillows in the sky. While gazing upwards I saw faces of people I’d lost or forgotten about...Just floating, in the sky. So many people that were not in my life anymore. Pictures of people I didn’t even recognize. It was as if I had deja-vu when I looked at some of the faces. A woman... I felt like I knew her, but from where? And when? Shouldn’t I recognize her?

A ripple in the water caught my attention and I looked down. So who was I and where was I? My head throbbed and I remembered everything- But only for an instant. Then it was gone, and I could only wonder some more.

And then- Voices. I heard so many voices. But where were they coming from? I looked around my warm sea and into the sky... There was no one around, only the rippling of the water. More voices... Sad voices. They were all around, and there was no escape. And then there was blackness.


I didn’t like the blackness. My nose grew cold and started to run, but I couldn’t feel it or do anything about it. It was a jagged place, I felt uncomfortable. I might have been in a box or out in space for all I could see. Just darkness, everywhere. No light. No warmth. I wanted to go back to the happy place I’d been before.

At least the voices were gone. I couldn’t hear a thing, or maybe I could hear everything. There was no noise, but I heard all the noise that there wasn’t. I don’t know how long I was in the black area, it could have been a minute or a year.

I tried to think while I was there. I tried to remember. But I couldn’t remember a thing. Name... Didn’t I have a name? Who was I? And how did I get here? I wanted to go back to the sea. That was a nice place.


Eventually I moved on. Or at least I was moving on when I was suddenly pulled backwards- back into the blackness. I wanted to protest, to shout no, but nothing came. I was hurled faster than any wormhole ride (but wait, what is that?) through the massive darkness and back into the sea. I rejoiced in feeling the warmth again as I was yanked back through the sea where I had been.

And then, boom. Colors, lights, sounds, feelings, movements... I opened my eyes and peered up into the faces of my friends, Jack, Sam, and Teal’c. They were watching me.

“Daniel?” Jack asked.

And I knew they had brought me back from somewhere. For a moment I knew where, I remembered everything- But only for an instant. Then it was gone, and I could only wonder some more.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||