THE BOTTLE: Part 8

by: Maria Guyan
Feedback to: petlady5@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Jack entered the main hall and was greeted by a welcome sight.  Hathor was crouched near the throne next to a still unconscious Daniel.  She looked up as he entered and her eyes flashed with anger.  "You have allowed someone to harm our beloved."

"No, my Queen, Daniel asked me to get him something.  When I returned, he was gone.  Is he alright?"

Hathor accepted his story.  "A Jaffa went to check on him.  He found him upon the bed and was unable to wake him."  She looked at him again.  "You should not have left him."

Jack raised his voice so Carter and Teal'c in the hallway could hear him.  "I'm glad that you and Daniel are here.  If one of the two guards here with you had been there, one of them could have guarded him."

Carter and Teal'c burst into the room holding the weapons he had given them.  They easily overtook the two Jaffa with their surprise attack.  Jack took the weapon from Teal'c and pointed it at Hathor.  "Grab Daniel, Teal'c."

Teal'c carefully lifted the unconscious anthropologist.  Hathor began to scream, "No, you will not take our beloved."  Jack was glad that Apophis hadn't given her a ribbon device.  She turned to Jack.  "You will stop them!"

"Sorry, Hathor, you can't control me."  Jack said as the backed out the door.


They finally made it to the Stargate after a few brief skirmishes with Jaffa.  Carter punched in the seven symbols for Earth.  The wormhole engaged and Jack let go of the breath he'd been holding.  Just before he entered the shimmering liquid, he turned and saw Hathor standing at the top of the hill, eyes glowing in rage.


The medical team already had Daniel on a stretcher and on his way to the infirmary when Jack emerged from the Stargate.  "Is everything alright Col.?"  Carter asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine, Captain, just wanted to see Hathor see us off."

"SG-1, good work.  Report for your exam immediately."  General Hammond's voice said over the speaker.

"You heard the man, let's go."  Jack said, happily.


Daniel was just starting to regain consciousness when Jack, Carter and Teal'c walked in.  He moaned and Jack walked over.  "Jack!"  Daniel tried to sit up and fell back against the bed.  "Bad idea."

"How ya feeling, Daniel?"  Jack asked.

"Horrible, you shot me!"

"Relax, it was just a dart.  You were ready to turn me over to the Jaffa."

"I was?  Sorry."

"It's ok, Danny.  You weren't yourself."

Dr. Frasier walked in carrying a tray.  "Hello, Daniel.  Ready to take your medicine?"

"No, thank you.  I've had quite enough of your medicine for one day."  Daniel eyed the tray.

"Well, if you had just taken these for Jack on Chulak, you wouldn't have to take them now."

Daniel took the pills from her looking at them.  "I took one of these already, tell her, Jack."

"Yeah, you took one, Danny, but it didn't do anything.  How many times have I told you not to let women breathe on you?  Just gets you into trouble."

"Never, Jack."  Daniel answered as he swallowed the pills.

"Good, that should flush it out of your system."  Janet said approvingly.  "As for the rest of you, I need to do a complete workup.  Let's go."

"Yes, ma'am."  The team chorused.

"Get some rest, Daniel, you look terrible."  Jack teased.

"This from the man who shot me."  Daniel called after him.  He closed his eyes.  *Daniel *


Back
Back to Stories Page