THE BOTTLE: Part 7

by: Maria Guyan
Feedback to: petlady5@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Carter and Teal'c heard Jack's voice echo down the corridor.  "Hathor wants to kill the prisoners now."

Carter hoped that Jack was himself, but couldn't tell as he walked down the hall towards the cell.  The Jaffa unlocked the door and held his staff weapon ready as they exited.  Jack took a staff weapon lying against the opposite wall.

"I will need this."

He poked Carter in the back.  "Move."  They started forward and the Jaffa moved to follow them.  Jack addressed the Jaffa, "That will not be necessary.  Guarding these two is an easy task."

The Jaffa thought it over, then agreed.  "Very well."

Jack waited until they were down two hallways before stopping.  "It's ok, Captain.  I'm fine."

"You put on quite a show, Col."  Carter told him.

"You were very convincing, O'Neill."

"I'll make sure to thank you when I get my Grammy."  Jack joked and almost laughed as Teal'c raised an eyebrow.

"Have you seen Daniel?"  Carter asked.

"I saw him, Carter.  I got him to take one pill, but her potion must be built up too much in his system.  Even after he took it, he told me that it was great that he was going to make more gou'alds.  I tried to get him to take another one, but he caught on.  I had to knock him out.  He's sleeping in Hathor's bedroom."

"Do you really think that's the smartest place to leave him, Col.?"

"I didn't have too many options.  Besides, Hathor told me herself that she wouldn't be back till tonight."

"I suggest we hurry, O'Neill in case she returns early."

"Right Teal'c, let's go."


Jack led the way to Hathor's bedroom, keeping the staff ready in case they met any Jaffa.  The halls were strangely empty, however.  He stopped in front of a door.

"In here."  He whispered.

They filed into the room.  "Col., where's Daniel?"

"What do you mean, where's Daniel?  He's right, th—"  Jack looked at an empty bed.

"Perhaps this is the wrong room?"  Teal'c asked.

"No, this is the right room.  I left him right there.  He was out cold.  See?  There's the rest of my pills he threw."  Jack pointed in the corner.

"Speaking of pills, Col., when was the last time you took one?"  Carter asked.

"Oh, yeah, thanks."  Jack took one out of his pocket and popped it in his mouth.  Grabbing the glass of water Daniel had poured earlier, he washed it down.  "Someone must have taken him.  There's no way he left on his own.  You two stay behind me and out of sight, I'll find out what happened."

"And how are you planning to do that, Col.?"

"Ask a Jaffa, of course.  I'm just the love-dazed man, remember?"  Jack smiled as he headed out the door.


Back
Back to Stories Page