THE BOTTLE: Part 6

by: Maria Guyan
Feedback to: petlady5@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Daniel followed Hathor into the main hall.  Apophis was waiting for them, seated on the throne.  He rose to greet them.  "Hathor, all is as planned?"

"Yes, my lord.  You will have new gou'ald soon."  Hathor said, lowering her eyes slightly.

Apophis stepped over to Daniel and looked at him.  His eyes flashed, but Daniel showed no fear.  "You said that this one would help you to produce more gou'ald.  He was brought here last night.  I should have my gou'ald by now.  I will kill him if he will not cooperate!"  Apophis raised his hand with the ribbon device as it began to glow.

Hathor stepped in front of him.  "No, you will not harm our beloved!  He will cooperate.  Blame those on his planet for the delay.  He was too fatigued to create more gou'ald for you last night, but soon we will."

Apophis watched Daniel throughout this.  His expression never changed.  He then turned to Hathor.  He toyed with the idea of killing them both, but that would do him no good.  "Very well, but I will tolerate no further delays."

Hathor was about to speak when a Jaffa burst into the room.  "My lord, the Taur'I have arrived!"

"Bring them here."

"Yes, my lord."

Hathor motioned for another Jaffa to approach.  "Take our beloved back to our chambers.  We shall come for him shortly."

"Yes, my queen."  The Jaffa placed his hand on Daniel's arm, but he shoved it away.

"No, I want to stay with you!"  Daniel protested.

"Yes, we know, our beloved, but you must remain safe.  Now go and await our return."  She kissed him lightly and watched as he left the room with the Jaffa.


As expected, SG-1 was greeted by a group of a dozen Jaffa as soon as they left the Stargate and promptly relieved of their weapons.  They entered Apophis's palace and were taken directly to the main hall.  Apophis and Hathor stood there, side by side smiling at them.

SG-1 was forced to kneel as Apophis approached.  "You came, as I knew you would.  Now we will have the pleasure of eliminating all of you."  He brought the ribbon device towards Col. O'Neill.

Hathor stepped forward.  "No!  This one will not cause a problem.  I wish to keep him."

"He cannot be trusted."

Hathor knelt down next to O'Neill and leaned in close to him.  He could feel her hot breath on his neck, but nothing else thanks to Janet's pills.  "You will not cause trouble for us, will you Col.?" Hathor whispered.

Jack tried to put on as much of a dazed expression as he could manage as he looked into her eyes.  "No, my queen."

Hathor smiled and stood.  "Release him."  She commanded the Jaffa. They glanced at Apophis and released Jack as he gave his approval.  Jack obediently stood at Hathor's side.  Carter looked at him nervously and was relived when he winked at her.

Hathor caressed Jack cheek.  "You see, Apophis.  This one is loyal to us.  He will still make an excellent Jaffa.  Have the others held until we can properly dispose of them."

Apophis considered her request.  She was a valuable asset to have, despite her habit of disobeying his commands.  Also, he was quite pleased to see Jackson and O'Neill behaving so well.  "Do it."  He told the Jaffa.  Carter and Teal'c were dragged away.


Daniel anxiously waited for Hathor to return.  He paced the room for a while and considered going to look for her.  She would be angry if he did that, though, she had told him to stay here, so he decided against it.  He busied himself reading one of the books and a small desk in the corner.

He looked up as the door opened to reveal Hathor.  Behind her, Jack walked in and she placed a hand on his shoulder.  "Jack!"  Daniel was happy to see him and started forward, but stopped after a step, looking at Hathor questioningly.

She nodded.  "He is safe."

"Hello, Daniel."  Jack tried to keep all of the emotion out of his voice, drawing on what he remembered from the last time they had been with Hathor.

"He will guard you until tonight."  Jack heard Hathor's words and silently gave a shout of joy.  This was working out even better than he had hoped.

"You have to leave again?"  Daniel asked, his eyes pleading with her to stay.

"Yes, our beloved, but we will return tonight.  O'Neill will keep you safe for us."  She turned and left.

Daniel paid no attention to Jack after Hathor had left the room.  He wandered back over to the desk and picked up the book he had been reading.  "Daniel."

Daniel turned around.  "Yes, Jack."

Jack opened his hand and showed Daniel the pill he was holding. "Hathor wanted me to give this to you.  She wants you to take it."

Daniel took the pill out of Jack's hand and eyed it suspiciously. "Why didn't she give it to me herself?"

Jack silently cursed.  Dammit Daniel, couldn't you just do something without questioning it for once?  "She is busy preparing for tonight. She needs you to take it."

Daniel looked at the pill again.  "What is it for?"

Jack gave him the only answer he could think of, "Our Queen does not inform me of her plans nor does she need to.  It is important to her that you take that and so it is important to me."

He watched Daniel and was thrilled when Daniel seemed to buy it.  He crossed the room for a glass of water and took the pill without another word.  Jack stared at him as he swallowed, then continued reading his book.

Jack slowly counted to five hundred in his mind waiting for the pill to take effect.  When he reached it, he guessed that at least ten minutes had passed.  "Daniel."

"Jack?"  Daniel looked up from the book.

"How are you feeling?"  Jack asked cautiously.

"Fine.  How should I feel?"  Daniel was starting to get suspicious. Jack decided to cut straight to the point.

"Hathor just wants to make sure you feel ok about what's going to happen tonight."

"What about it?  We're going to make more gou'alds.  It'll be great." Daniel replied happily.

Jack muttered under his breath, "He didn't take enough."

"What was that, Jack?"

Jack cleared his throat.  "I said, you should take another one."  He reached into his pocket and shook another pill out of the bottle.  He was about to put the bottle away again when Daniel spoke up.

"Let me see that bottle, Jack."

"Daniel—-"

"I SAID, LET ME SEE THE BOTTLE!"

Jack reluctantly handed it over, preparing for the worst.  Daniel looked at it for a moment.  "SGC.  You're trying to stop Hathor.  You betrayed her.  You betrayed ME!"  He threw the bottle into the corner.

"Look, Daniel.  I can explain.  You're not thinking clearly.  Just calm down.  The pills will help you."

"I'm thinking very clearly, Jack.  JAFFA, HELP!"  Daniel screamed. Luckily, Jack had been the only one assigned to guard Daniel.

"I'm sorry, Daniel."  Jack apologized as he pulled out the pistol and shot Daniel with the dart, glad that his performance had earned him his weapons back.

"Ja-ck."  Daniel whispered as he collapsed and Jack caught him. "Sorry, Daniel, I had no choice."  Jack told his, now unconscious friend.

Jack dragged Daniel over to the bed and lifted him onto it.  "You'll be ok here until I can go get Carter and Teal'c.  I'll be right back." He promised him as he grabbed a handful of pills off the floor and ran out the door.


Back
Back to Stories Page