THE BOTTLE: Part 5

by: Maria Guyan
Feedback to: petlady5@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Daniel woke up feeling better and more rested than he had ever felt in his entire life.  He took a deep breath and Hathor's pheromone-laced breath filled his lungs.  He smiled and turned towards the source.  Hathor sat in a chair next to the bed.  She handed him his glasses.

"How long was I asleep?"  Daniel asked as he put them on.

"Many hours, our beloved.  We awaited your awakening with great anticipation, but could not hurry the process.  You are well rested now?"

Daniel sat up and stretched.  "Very."

"Excellent."  She handed him a small stack of clothing.  "Dress, then we shall speak."  With that, she stood and left the room.

Daniel got out of bed and quickly dressed, eager to rejoin Hathor. When he emerged from the bedroom, the Jaffa motioned for him to follow and guided him to a small hall.  In the middle of the room was a table filled with delicious looking food.  Hathor was seated in one of the chairs.

When he entered the room, she stood and crossed to him.  She looked over his new clothing and nodded her approval.  Taking him by the hand, she led him to the table.  "Please, sit and eat.  You must be hungry."

Daniel sat himself next to her and began to slowly eat.  The food tasted as delicious as it looked and he was soon full.  He looked around the room that they were in.  Many tapestries lined the walls.  They told of the countless battles that Apophis had fought and won.  He noticed Hathor watching him.  "You seem puzzled."

"I am."  Daniel replied and glanced around the room for Jaffa. Seeing none, he continued.  "I thought that Apophis was your enemy. Isn't he here?  This is his palace."

Hathor studied him.  His face was filled with concern.  She placed her hand on his shoulder.  "Fear not, our beloved.  Apophis is here, but will not harm us.  He is powerful, too powerful to defeat directly. Therefore, we must ally ourselves with him until the moment is right."

"But he knows that you hate him.  Why would he ally himself with you?"

"His power consumes his mind.  He needs more gou'ald to attain complete control.  For that, he needs us.  Therefore, we need you.  He will not harm you or us."

Daniel considered this, then looked back at her as another thought crossed his mind.  "What about Sha--," he stopped himself as he looked into her eyes.  "Ammonet?  She must be able to produce more gou'ald for him.  Why does he need you?"

Hathor cupped his face in her hands and tilted it to look into his eyes.  "Because, she does not have a beloved.  We do."  She replied, kissing him.  She pulled back, then leaned in next to his ear and whispered, "Besides, Ammonet is not here."


SG-1 was suited up and standing at the bottom of the ramp.  They did a last minute check of their equipment.  Dr. Frasier entered the room and walked over to Jack.

"Final check, Col."  she said and handed him the  bottle of pheromones Hathor had left.

Unscrewing the cap, he took a deep breath and waited.  Everyone in the gateroom and control room watched him.  "You can all stop staring now.  The stuff works."  He announced.

"Good.  You have the pills I gave you?"  Dr. Frasier asked.

"Right here."  Jack patted his jacket pocket.  "Should I be worried about overdosing on these things?"

"Col. there's no way of knowing what they'll do at this point.  I never had a chance to test them properly.  Take as many as you need. I'd rather have you take too many and come back sick, than not take enough and not come back at all."

"Great.  I feel much better."

Janet gave him an apologetic look and headed out the door as the Stargate began to lock in the chevrons.  The final chevron locked into place and the wormhole engaged.

"SG-1, you are cleared for departure.  Good luck."


Back
Back to Stories Page