THE BOTTLE: Part 4

by: Maria Guyan
Feedback to: petlady5@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


"The search has turned up nothing.  This is the only bottle on the base, which leads me to believe that Hathor only wanted Daniel in case of an emergency."  General Hammond began when they returned to the debriefing room.

"Well, I would say almost getting burned to a crisp would constitute an emergency?  Wouldn't you Teal'c?"  Jack said.

"I would, O'Neill."

"OK, then let's go get Daniel!"  Jack said standing.

"Not just yet, Col."  General Hammond stopped him.  "We both know that any men you take to that planet would be under her control before they knew what was happening, yourself included."  Carter started to open her mouth to speak, but the General cut her off as well.  "Before you say it, Captain, we don't have enough female troops here to launch a rescue operation.  It worked here, and we're all grateful, but you have more to deal with on Chulak than Hathor and a base full of men.  She probably has an army of Jaffa ready for you as soon as you step out of the gate."

Jack was silent for a moment, then spoke, "Alright, sir, then what's the plan?"

General Hammond was interrupted by the door opening to reveal Dr. Frasier.  She nodded to the group and walked over to General Hammond handing him a small pistol.  "Wasn't aware that weapons were your specialty now, Janet."  Jack joked.

"They aren't, Col."

"Thank you, Doctor.  Seeing as you're already here, why don't you explain our plan of attack?"  General Hammond offered.

"Thank you, sir.  Since Hathor left, the general's been having me develop an antidote for her pheromones in case we ever met her again.  I had a few possibilities, but no way to test them.  Thanks to that bottle and Lt. Brody volunteering to test it, I've found one that works."

"And how effective is this?  Hathor's is pretty strong.  A lot stronger than what's in that bottle."

"There's no way to be sure without testing it without Hathor here and I seriously doubt that she'll offer to help us test it."  Janet joked. "Lt. Brody said that he didn't feel anything and wasn't even able to smell it after taking one of these."  She held up a small bottle of pills.

"In other words, his reaction was then the same as a woman's would be.  I couldn't smell anything either."

Janet handed the bottle of pills to Jack.  "You'll be the only one needing these since Sam and Teal'c are immune."

"So, how many am I supposed to take?"  Jack eyed the pill he had shaken out, suspiciously.

"Take one now, then whenever you start to feel something.  I wish I could give you a timeline, but I can't speculate how strong Hathor's is."

"Trust me, it's strong,"  Jack said as he poured himself a glass of water and downed two of the pills.

Captain Carter watched Jack, then turned to General Hammond.  "With all due respect, sir, why are we going alone?  There are more than three women on this base and you wouldn't let us attempt a rescue saying that there weren't enough.  But you are willing to send just the three of us go?"  Carter was starting to get agitated.

"Captain, the plan would not work with a group of women.  You'd be shot on sight."

"What exactly is the plan, sir?"

"It's simple, Captain.  We already know that Hathor dislikes you. She probably already has an order out for your capture.  The three of you are going to go through the gate and allow yourself to be captured. I doubt that she'll have any of you killed on sight.  Once in, the Col. will likely be taken straight to Hathor.  Once he shows her that he is under her spell again, he'll be given access to Daniel."

Sam interrupted him.  "What about Teal'c and me, sir?"

"You and Teal'c will likely be taken to a holding cell until Hathor wants to deal with you.  You are to remain there until Col. O'Neill comes for you."

Carter looked like she was about to protest, but thought better of it.  The General continued, "Col. once you get to Dr. Jackson, make sure he's alright, then release Capt. Carter and Teal'c.  The three of you need to get him out of there as quickly and silently as possible.  He's not going to want to leave with you.  If you can get him to swallow one of these pills, great.  If not, use this."  He held up the pistol Dr. Frasier had brought him.  "It contains a dart with a strong sedative. He'll be unconscious for at least three hours.  That's more than enough time for you to get him back through the gate."

"Sir, wouldn't it be easier to just shoot Daniel with a liquid form of these pills?  He's heavier than he looks.  It would help if he could walk rather than drag him around Chulak."  Jack suggested.

"Granted, Col., that would be the preferred way, but we've tested that possibility.  The antidote only works in the pill form."

"Now, if there aren't any more questions, SG-1 leaves in 10 minutes. Dismissed."


Back
Back to Stories Page