THE BOTTLE: Part 3

by: Maria Guyan
Feedback to: petlady5@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Jack, Samantha, and Teal'c stepped out of the elevator to the level where the crew's quarters were.  It was night, but most of the rooms were probably empty.  No one slept here unless they absolutely had to.  They would much rather be at home in their own beds.

Jack found Daniel's room and pushed open the door.  "Well, he obviously tried to go to sleep, the bed isn't made."  Jack observed.

The others crowded into the small room with him.  They began to look around for any indication of why Daniel would have left.  Carter spotted a bottle on its side next to the bed.  She picked it up.  "A perfume bottle, what would Daniel have that for?"

Jack took it from her.  "Maybe there are some thing Daniel hasn't told us about." Jack said sarcastically.  He sniffed the bottle even though it was empty.  His eyes took on a dazed look and he shook his head.  "Hathor." He almost whispered.

Carter grabbed the bottle from him and sniffed it also.  "I don't smell anything."

Jack looked at her, blinking as if trying to clear his mind.  "Yeah, Carter, you wouldn't.  Remember, doesn't affect women."

Carter nodded.  "Are you all right, sir?" she asked Jack.

"Yeah, Captain, I'm fine.  It's powerful stuff, that's all."

"It appears Hathor left this for Daniel Jackson in the possibility that she would be defeated."  Teal'c thought aloud.

"OK, let's get this to Dr. Frasier and see what she makes of it." Captain Carter said heading for the door.


Daniel was in a dreamless sleep.  All he could see was darkness, but his mind kept calling out to him.

*We have to get out of here * His mind urged.  Why?  It's nice here. Everything will be fine.  You'll see.  *Nice here?  Can you hear yourself?  It's anything BUT nice here *  No, no, you'll see.  Our Queen will come back and everything will be fine.  *This is Hathor we're talking about.  Don't you remember the last time we met her?  She used you.  She just wants to do it again! *

Daniel was growing tired of this argument.  Why couldn't his mind understand that this was for the best?  He wanted it to understand, but didn't know how to convince it.  Suddenly, another voice was heard.  It was Hathor.  *You must rest, my beloved.  We will come for you tonight. Sleep. *  He smiled in his sleep and relaxed.  The voice of his mind died away.  All he could hear was the soothing voice of his Queen.


"It's definitely Hathor's."  Dr. Frasier said as she glanced over the test results.  "She must have breathed some of her pheromones into the bottle and told Daniel where to find it in case she was forced to leave."

"Yeah, but why wouldn't Daniel remember that and tell us."  Jack asked.

"Do you remember everything that happened to you while she was here, Col.?"  Dr. Frasier asked.  "For all we know, she could have one of these bottles hidden for every man on this station."

"That's it.  I want a base-wide search.  Anyone finding one of these is to report immediately.  And whatever you do, don't open it!"  The general told the two airmen standing next to him.  They hurried out the infirmary doors to inform the rest of the base.

"Why would he open it now?"  Captain Carter asked.  "It's been over 2 weeks since Hathor left.  Daniel's been acting perfectly normal.  He gave no indication that he was going to do something like this."

"That's a good question, Sam.  Unfortunately, I don't have a definite answer.  I can only see two possibilities. Either, A, he came on it by accident and opened it to see what was inside.  Or, B, the link to Hathor wasn't completely broken when the wormhole disengaged.  Maybe it still exists on a subconscious level until she activates it.  There's no way of knowing."

"OK, maybe she does still have a link to him."  Jack said.  "But, if that's true, then why hasn't she mobilized the entire base?  We were all affected by her little potion.  Why just Daniel?"

"Because he is her beloved."  Teal'c stated.


Back
Back to Stories Page