THE BOTTLE: Part 2

by: Maria Guyan
Feedback to: petlady5@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Daniel emerged from the gate to be greeted by two Jaffa with their staff weapons activated and pointed at his chest.  He looked at them with no fear in his eyes.  "Take me to your Queen."  He stated simply.

One Jaffa approached him and looked at him carefully.  He raised his hand as if to strike Daniel on the face, but Daniel remained where he was as if not even registering the threat.  The Jaffa stood back.

"It is as was told."  He announced to the other Jaffa.  "Come." He told Daniel.  The three of them walked silently towards the palace.


"Now, would anyone care to explain to me why Dr. Jackson just went to Chulak instead of being at home sleeping, like he was supposed to?"  The General asked.  He stood in front of the debriefing table where Col. O'Neill, Capt. Carter, and Teal'c sat.  He placed his hands on the table.

"I don't know, sir.  This isn't like Daniel to go running off without telling us, especially not to Chulak."  Capt. Carter said, stifling a yawn.  She had been on her way home when the General called her cell phone and ordered her back to the base.

"Sir, there must be an explanation for all this.  That did not look like the Daniel I know in that gateroom."  Jack offered.

"Yes, he did appear to be altered.  Perhaps we could find the cause for this .. change."  Teal'c suggested.

The door to the debriefing room opened and Dr. Frasier stepped in.  "Glad you could join us, doctor."  General Hammond said, motioning for her to sit at the table.

"Did you find anything unusual in Dr. Jackson's post-mission exam today?"

"No, sir.  He was very fatigued, but in perfect health.  All the tests came  back normal.  I just sent him to get some sleep."

"And what was his response when you told him to get some rest, doctor?"

"Well, I suggested that he have someone drive him home since he was practically falling asleep on the examining table.  He said that he would rather just stay on base, since he'd probably fall asleep on the way home and would hate to have an airman have to carry him to his apartment.  I didn't see a problem with that so I walked him to the door and he left down the hall."

"Then, perhaps that is the place we should look."  Teal'c said.

"Alright, then.  Search Dr. Jackson's room and the area around it. Meet back here in one hour and let me know what you find.  Dismissed."

The group stood up and walked out the door.  They all had the same question on their minds.  What could make Daniel go to Chulak alone and unarmed?


Daniel and the two Jaffa entered the palace through the front gates. The Jaffa inside gave them a questioning look, but did not attempt to stop them.  Daniel silently followed the Jaffa down the hallway, looking straight ahead.

One turned to him as they reached a pair of elaborately decorated doors.  "Wait here."  Daniel nodded.  The Jaffa disappearing into the room.

A minute later he reemerged and motioned to Daniel.  "You may enter."

Daniel walked into the room without question.  The walls were lined with Jaffa guards.  Daniel walked past them without a single glance straight to the throne where a woman sat.  He kneeled before her.

She stood and walked the few steps to him.  Placing a hand on his shoulder, she indicated for him to stand.  He did and looked into her eyes.  "Excellent," she murmured, looking him up and down.  "Did you have any trouble getting here?"  She asked as she ran a hand through his long blonde hair.

"No, my Queen, I know the gate better than they do.  It was easy to keep them from stopping me."  She smiled at him, then took his hand leading him out of the room.

After a few minutes of walking down hallways, they came upon a room and he Jaffa opened the door.  They entered a large bedchamber.  She led him over to the bed and pushed back the covers.  He lay down and she pulled them back up, tucking him in like a mother would a child.  She caressed his cheek as she watched him struggle to keep his eyes open.

Finally, she removed his glasses laying them on the table beside her. She leaned down until their lips where almost touching.  "Sleep now. You must rest."  He nodded silently before she kissed him.  When she pulled back, he was already asleep.


Back
Back to Stories Page