ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL

by: Maria Guyan
Feedback to: petlady5@yahoo.com

Author's Notes:  Thanks need to be sent out to my beta readers, who help me so much and keep me writing: Adrianna Laura and Miki.  Thank you!



DISCLAIMER: All characters and property of Stargate SG-1 belong to MGM/UA, World Gekko Corp. and Double Secret Productions.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


I pushed open the door to the surface. Squinting as the bright sunlight momentarily blinded me.  That's what I get for working underground all day.  At least it was a short day. I inhale the fresh air, thankful for the opportunity to leave. It's Saturday and no teams are due to come in, so I get to go home at 2 this afternoon.  No real point in staying later.

I start out to my car, when a noise around the corner catches my attention.  I pause and listen for a moment.  Yes, there it is, someone screaming and laughing.  I walk to the edge of the building and peer around the corner.

Captain Carter runs around what look like make-shift bases, their jackets laid on the ground. Doctor Jackson cheered her on from the pitcher's mound, shouting an exciting "Run!. Run!."  She rounds third just as Teal'c catches up to the rolling ball way out in the field, hurling it towards Colonel O'Neill waiting at homebase.

O'Neill catches it and tags Carter, much to her disapointment, just before her foot hits base.  Grimacing, Jack proceeds to rip his glove off and massage his palm.

"Damnit, Teal'c!  Were you trying to throw the ball through my hand?" O'Neill complains, looking up briefly from his injury.

Teal'c approaches him, taking his glove off as well.  "Did I injure you?"

"No, I'll be fine.  It just hurts like hell, that's all!"

"I am sorry, O'Neill.  It was necessary to out Captain Carter."

"That's tag out.  We had to TAG Carter out." Jack smiles at his friend, unable to hide his amusement.

"Oh, it's fine, Jack.  Just a little red, that's all."  Daniel pipes up, joining the group.

"Sure, it's not your hand.  You're up next Danny-boy!"  Jack announces, handing the bat to him.

I chuckle softly as I watch them get into position again.  On or off duty, they were a team.  It was a little ironic.  The one team that no one thought would work, has turned out to be the best group we've made yet.

They seemed so mismatched in the beginning.  A straight-laced Colonel who was a self-proclaimed scientist-hater, an anthropologist who couldn't shoot a gun to save his life, a woman airforce officer-  yet another scientist, and an alien with an infant Gou'ald housed within him.

My superiors had given it a week, tops.  Even they can't deny now how well this team works together.  They've been through it all, even death, and stuck together through the thick and the thin.  After seeing them and working with them for over a year now, I find it hard to imagine them apart.

I turned my attention back to the game as Colonel O'Neill shouts, "Now just watch the ball, Daniel.  Watch it."  The ball flies past Jackson into O'Neill's glove.

"Sorry, Jack." Daniel looks sheepishly behind him.

"Did I forget to mention the part when you're supposed to swing?" Jack asks sarcastically, throwing the ball back to Sam.

"Let's try it again."

Carter lobs the ball over the plate, Jackson swings and connects. The ball starts to fly into the field.  Jackson watches it for a minute, till Carter starts screaming for him to run and he takes off, his eye on the ball which is heading straight to Teal'c.

He gets to second base as the ball lands neatly in Teal'c's glove. His face falls and he freezes.  Teal'c looks at him, opens his hand, and announces as the ball thuds to the ground, "I have fumbled."  He lied, making no move to pick it up.

"You can't fumble.  This is baseball.  Pick it up!"  Jack grumbles from home.

Carter laughs and screams, "Run, Daniel, run!"

Jackson pauses, then takes off, running for all he's worth.  Teal'c finally bends down to get the ball, looking at it, before throwing it slowly towards home.

Jackson's foot hits the base just a moment before the ball makes it there.  He couldn't have looked happier if he tried.

"It's a conspiracy!  You're all teamed up against me!"  Jack exclaims in mock exasperation and lunges at Teal'c who is coming over to congratulate Jackson.

I whirl around as someone comes up from behind.  "Is there something wrong, sir?"  One of the airmen asks.

"No, son.  Everything's just fine."  I assure him and send him on his way.

I turn back to them and shake my head as they all fall to the ground, play fighting.  Once a team, always a team, and I wouldn't want it any other way.


Back to Stories Page


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||