Unanswered Questions

By LadyArmand


Just once Michael wished that when he and Brian came to Babylon his best friend would stay with him and not run off to the back room at the first chance he got. Actually he wondered what the fuck he was doing here in the first place. There was a French test he could be studying for. There were at least three comics he could be re-reading instead of standing here at the bar with a warm beer in his hand. He'd be getting more attention then he was here in the middle of Babylon on a school night waiting for his friend to finish either fucking for getting his dick sucked, sitting at home watching television.

He decided to do something he'd never done before. Michael decided to leave Brian at Babylon and go home. He was standing outside the side door of the club zipping up his jacket when he saw Brian leaning against the wall of the club that led into the alley. There was some shaded figure in front of his best friend sucking him off. Michael rolled his eyes and turned to go, he was walking away when Brian called out his name.

Michael kept walking like he hadn't heard his friend calling to him. He was tired of being Brian's second choice. Second only to Brian's dick of course and whatever trick he was with at the time. He'd beg Michael to come out with him, drag him to these clubs, where Michael never really had a good time; he'd buy him a beer that Michael hardly ever finished, and then Brian would disappear leaving him alone. Alone that is until Brian decided he wanted to dance, or he just got bored with the twinks in the clubs.

"Mikey where you goin'?" Brian asked breathlessly as he finished zipping up his pants.

"Home," Michael said without slowing his pace.

"You were just going to leave me?" Brian panted after his friend a few steps behind.

"Yeah. How does it feel?" Michael said walking to the bus stop.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" Brian shot at his friend getting pissed now.

"I'm tired, I wanted to go home, I couldn't find you. And I didn't think you'd notice," Michael said matter of factly.

"Well, I'm here now you don't have to take the bus," Brian said reaching into his pocket to get a cigarette.

"Don't do me any favors Brian," Michael spat back, not liking the patronizing tone in Brian's voice.

"You wanna take the fucking bus home, fine. Just remember I'm supposed to be spending the night at your place," Brian said hating it when Michael got all pissy.

"I didn't forget. Just don't make a lot of noise when you come in. Ma'll be sleeping," Michael said as the bus came.

Brian watched in frustration as Michael boarded the bus and headed home. Now what the fuck was he supposed to do? He'd planned on going to the baths tonight to show Mikey around.

Michael got on the bus and didn't look back. He wished he didn't love Brian so fucking much, and then maybe it would be easy to cut him off. To tell him to go fuck himself. But he couldn't do that. There was something of a wounded child about Brian that tugged at Michael's heart and held him captive to the taller boy. And damned if Brian didn't know it and know exactly how to use it.

~~~~~~~

Brian threw a couple of pebbles at the window and it took Michael a few minutes to realize what the sound was considering he was still half asleep. Michael staggered down the narrow stairs still drunk with sleep and opened the back door for Brian. He felt more than saw his friend move past him in the dark and then locked the door behind him. Michael then followed Brian up the stairs and on into his bedroom. Brian started taking off his clothes in silence and Michael headed back towards the bed.

Brian looked at Michael actually couldn't take his eyes of the smaller teen as he climbed back into bed. Michael only had on his pajama bottoms, his chest was bare and his skin nearly glowed in the moon light streaming in through the now half opened window.

Brian finished undressing and crawled into bed behind his friend who had his bare back facing Brian. Brian spooned in behind Michael burying his face in the black hair of Michael's head. He inhaled deeply taking in the scent of Michael's shampoo mixed with his own unique scent. Brian wrapped his arm around Michael and felt his friend melt back into him in his sleep. Brian loved being this close to Michael, he loved having his body so close, feeling his skin glide against his, and listening to him breathe.

"If only," Brian thought to himself as he was lulled to sleep by his friends breathing.

Michael woke up first before the alarm went off and felt Brian's morning erection pressed firmly against his ass. He smiled to himself as he pressed himself back into it just a little to see what his friend would do. In his sleep Michael felt Brian rub up against him slightly and moan softly in the back of his throat. At first Michael felt this rush of satisfaction travel through his body, but this soon faded as the crashing wave of insecurity washed over him.

Michael knew Brian had to be dreaming about some nameless, faceless fuck, and that his was only the body that was closest to him. Brian didn't think about Michael in those terms and Michael knew it.

He moved Brian's arm from around him and made to get up so that he could go to the bathroom and brush his teeth. He sat up on the side of the bed and stretch then got up readjusting his own erection just in case he ran into his mother in the hall.

"Mikey, where are you going?" Brian half muttered.

"To the bathroom," Michael said his hand on the door knob.

"Come back to bed." Brian ordered in a seductive purr.

"What for the alarm's about to go off," Michael said opening the door and heading out.

Brian opened his eyes and looked over at the clock. It was too fucking early in the morning to even consider getting up. He seriously thought about talking Mikey into cutting school with him, and they'd go catch a movie and he'd make up for whatever he did last night to piss Michael off. That was one of the things Brian just couldn't stand; the other was seeing Michael hurt in any way.

When Michael came back into the room he'd already showered and had a towel loosely wrapped around his slender waist. Brian gave Michael the once over when his friend bent down to get his socks out of his drawer and his cock twitched. Michael had a magnificent ass and he'd like nothing more than to get his hands on it and, and…

He shook his head and got up walked behind Michael and kissed him on the neck and walked out of the room ripping the towel off his friend who gave a little yelp. Brian sauntered into the bathroom, turned on the shower stripped off his underwear and stepped into the stream of hot water. He jerked off while thinking of how Michael looked this morning when he came back from the shower. His hair damp and clinging to his head, his eyes all big and dark, his body taut as the muscles worked beneath his skin.

~~~~~~~

The school day started out just like any other day. And then Michael saw him. This Greek god came walking down the hall and into his life and he was utterly blown away. No one save Brian had ever affected him this way. His breath caught in his chest making him feel like his lungs were about to seize up. Almost the same way he'd felt when his asthma attacked or the first time he'd laid eyes on Brian. But there was also something different about this that he couldn't put his finger on.

He was slightly taller than Brian and more muscular, not thick, thick, but medium thick. You could tell he worked out a lot. He didn't have what one would call classic features not like Brian, but the shape of his face, the angle of his nose, and way he smiled made him absolutely beautiful in a completely different way than Brian. It was more realistic, a more attainable beauty. It was a beauty that was just, there not on parade like Brian's.

They met because the guy caught him as he was about to run face first into a locker, because Michael had been staring at him. When he touched Michael there was this shock of recognition there. His hands were big, but gentle. He had this sort of cradling effect to his grip, like he wanted to rock Michael to sleep.

~~~~~~~

Ben saw him standing next to a locker joking around with this other guy. Then there was a moment he could have sworn the smaller of the two teens looked at him, but that couldn't be. But just to make sure he made his way down the hall slowly so that he could pick up on anything if anything was there to pick up on. At first he felt the eyes of the taller guy on him. Ben was flattered by it but something in the hazel eyes sent a shiver down his back. Almost like he was being sized up the way a predator sizes up his prey. Ben had known guys like that and didn't feel like being lunch today.

Besides for some reason he couldn't explain he was drawn like a magnet to the darker haired one. Something in those deep brown eyes, or the way the long thick eye lashed curled up and kissed his eye lids. Or maybe it was the smile he had on his face. Or maybe it was the tantalizing idea of seeing what was beneath the baggy pants and sweater that was propelling him. Whatever it was he wanted to talk to him, touch him, and be touched by him.

His friend saw Ben staring at him and pulled his arm. But the guy wasn't really looking at where he was going his eyes now locked on Ben and almost hit the open locker door next to him. Ben ran up and caught hold of his other arm and pulled the smaller boy out of the way just in time.

He stabilized him and took a closer look into those deep chocolate wells and smiled like a damn fool. His friend came up from behind having lost his grip on the smaller guys arm and pulled him out of Ben's grip.

"Mikey, you okay?" the guy asked.

"I'm fine," Michael said still half looking at boy who had rescued him. "Thank you," Michael said into Ben's face.

"No problem. By the way my name's Ben," he said smiling.

"I'm Michael. And this is Brian," Michael said blushing at the way Ben was looking at him.

"Nice to meet you, Muscles, but we have to go or we'll be late, Michael," Brian said pulling Michael away.

"What the fuck was that about?" Michael asked Brian as he was being pulled down the hall.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Brian said letting his friend go.

"The way you grabbed me and pulled me away, when all I was doing was thanking the guy for saving my ever loving face," Michael said.

"You said thank you and we are going to be late." Brian replied.

"Whatever," Michael said not sure of what else to say.

~~~~~~~

Later Michael spotted Ben in the lunch room, and since Brian had other plans off campus Michael decided what the hell and waved Ben over to have lunch with him. There was a huge lump in his throat as Ben walked over to where Michael was sitting.

"Hi," Ben said smiling down at Michael.

"Hi," Michael said his throat completely dry now. "Have a seat."

Ben placed his tray on the table and sat down. "Were you late for class earlier?" Ben asked looking around for Michael's friend Brian.

"Oh, no we just made it," Michael said.

"Where's your friend?" Ben asked taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Brian? He's having lunch off campus today."

"Can I ask you something personal?" Ben said swallowing hard.

"Depends on if you really expect an answer." Michael looked at him nervously.

"Is Brian, like your boyfriend or something?" Ben asked moving in close and whispering in Michael ear.

"What?!" Michael jumped a little nearly choking on his ham sandwich.

"Sorry, I didn't mean..."

"What makes you think I'm..."

"I just thought...the way you were looking at me in the hall earlier..." Ben stammered trying to get his foot out of his mouth, wondering how he could have misread the whole situation so badly.

"Am I that obvious?" Michael asked half to himself and almost too low for Ben to hear him.

"No you're not that obvious. It's just that I like you so I was hoping," Ben said looking around to make sure no one was in ear shot of their conversation. "Look why don't we go somewhere else where we can talk."

"I know a place," Michael said nervously.

They got up from the table and walked out of the lunchroom both nervous as to what they were getting into. Ben had had a boyfriend back in New York. His mother had been cool with it, but he knew not to make a big deal of it in school. This was Pittsburgh however and Ben had only been here for a couple of weeks and didn't know anything about this school or the kids.

Michael took the lead and led Ben to the football field bleachers where he and Brian went sometimes when they wanted to be alone to talk about shit they didn't want the whole world hearing. He found the smallish opening in the fence and squeezed through the whole that led to the underbelly of the bleachers. Ben had a tougher time but eventually made it and they sat down and started talking.

"How'd you find this place?" Ben asked.

"Brian found it the first week we were here," Michael replied.

"Is Brian your..." Ben started.

"No, we're just friends." Michael interrupted him feeling himself begin to blush again.

"He seems very protective of you," Ben said crossing his legs in front of him like a little Buddha.

"He is," Michael said. "But I don't want to talk about him." And for the first time in a long time that was true.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Ben asked shyly.

"About you," Michael said in full blush now.

"What do you wanna know?"

"For starters I don't remember seeing you before. Are you new here?"

"Yeah, just transferred in from New York. This is actually my first day."

"And how do you like it so far?" Michael asked looking down.

Ben reached over and put his finger lightly under Michael's chin and brought his head back up. "I like it fine so far."

Michael smiled and licked his lips; it was a nervous habit. "And what do you like about it so far?" Michael asked flirting shamelessly now. The solitude giving him courage.

"This. Being here alone with you," Ben said suppressing the urge to lean forward and kiss those luscious lips.

For the first time ever Michael went with what he was feeling in the moment. He leaned forward and kissed Ben softly on the lips. Just as he was about to pull away Ben put his arm around Michael waist bringing him closer, while the other hand laced the back of his head.

Ben pulled Michael to him and kissed him deeply. All there was in the world was the feel of Michael's body in his arms, and the taste of his lips, and tongue in his mouth. All he wanted in this moment was this and nothing more. It took them both a while to realize that the bell ending lunch had rung, and that someone was calling for Michael outside the bleachers.

~~~~~~~

Brian had gotten back from his midday blow job in time. He thought to spend the last ten minutes of the lunch period with Michael telling him all about it. When he entered the lunchroom Michael wasn't at their usual table. When he asked Kevin Davis this guy Brian knew for a fact had a little thing for Michael and so kept his eye on him, if he'd seen Michael, Kevin told him that Michael had left the lunchroom awhile ago with that new guy. Kevin sounded disgusted and little bit more than jealous.

Brian knew that if Michael wanted to be alone with this guy there was only one place he'd take him on campus. And for some reason this pissed him off. Brian had taken guys there before for a quick fuck or an even quicker blow job. So what was the big deal if Michael had taken this guy there for a quick whatever? Who was he to begrudge his best friend a prime choice piece of ass, as long as that was all it was. Who was he to say that Michael couldn't get his rocks off?

But still it pissed him the fuck off that Michael was under the bleachers with this guy. It pissed him off that he was there doing whatever it was he was doing with this guy. It pissed him off and he had no rational reason for why it pissed him off. Wasn't it him who was always telling Michael not to be such a fucking virgin? Wasn't it him who kept telling Michael that he'd better start using his dick before it fell off? And still he was pissed about Michael actually giving this guy the time of day. This Dan, or Jon, no it started with a B didn't it? This Bob, or Brad, or whatever the fuck his name was.

He called for Michael when he got to the opening in the fence. He didn't want to go in there and actually see Michael fucking this guy, or sucking this guy or whatever he was doing with this guy. That's just not something he wanted to see, not something he wanted to have in his mind's eye. He'd called for Michael about three or four times before he saw his friend come half stumbling and laughing all red faced as he turned around and handed the guy a piece of paper before he finally made his way towards the opening.

Michael was trying to readjust himself as he approached Brian. Over Michael's shoulder Brian saw HIM. The interloper and he knew from the look on the guys face that he was going to hate him. Really hate him.

"Hey Mikey who's this?" Brian asked as matter of factly as he could.

"You remember Ben from this morning."

"Oh yeah, the good Samaritan that saved your ever loving face," Brian said stepping back to let his friend out then blocking the passage.

"Excuse me," Ben said softly.

"Oh sorry, I forgot you were there, Bob," Brian said stepping aside to allow Ben to get out.

"His name is Ben," Michael corrected looking a little annoyed at Brian.

"It's okay," Ben said smiling at Michael.

"Thanks, Ben." Brian's voice was dripping with sarcasm. "You're just full of human kindness," Brian said giving the taller teen the once over.

Ben just smiled walked past Brian, looked around and when he saw no one was around but the three of them he gave Michael a lingering kiss on the mouth.

"I'll call you tonight, Michael." Ben said and walked off. "Nice to meet you Byron," Ben called over his shoulder.

"It's Brian!" Brian called after him.

"I know!" Ben shouted back.

Michael stood there a smile on his face as he examined the expression on Brian's face. If he didn't know better, and he knew better, he would think that Brian was jealous.

Brian turned back to his friend who was now watching Ben walk away. Brian had to admit one thing: kid had a great ass.
"So you still a virgin?" Brian asked.

"What?" Michael looked at Brian trying to understand what the hell he was talking about.

"Come on Mikey, you can tell me. Don't I tell you everything?" Brian asked sheepishly.

"In glorious detail. What are you fishing for Brian?" Michael asked as he started across the campus back to the building.

"Did you fuck him?" Brian asked trying to act as if he didn't care one way or another.

"Why would I fuck anyone under the bleachers? What kind of slut do you think I am, Mr. Kinney?" Michael asked with false modesty.

"So I'll take that as a no," Brian said relief washing over him in uncontrollable waves of joy.

"Fuck you, Brian," Michael said oblivious to his friends sudden change in mood, so preoccupied was he with the thought of Ben calling him tonight.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. School let out, Brian gave Michael a lift to the diner where Michael had to work. He took the afternoon shift for his mother who had a doctor's appointment. Brian went home to do his homework and show his face to his family, since he hadn't been around most of the week and wouldn't be around for the weekend either.

Michael's house was really Brian's home. The place his parents lived was just that. He hated being around his family. His father drank too much and was a violent drunk. And his mother acted like she didn't see shit. Not the hitting or the bruises. She acted like she didn't hear the yelling or see the blood flowing from Brian's face.

She took pills and drank to keep herself numb and utterly oblivious to what the fuck was going on around her. Brian would have thought that the violence in his home would have made him close to his sister. But it didn't as long as she could keep their parents off her back she didn't give a fuck what happened to him.

So when Brian met Michael and they'd become inseparable, Michael's family became his family. He spent as much time as he could with Michael. Even when it meant he was going to catch hell for doing it.

~~~~~~~

Later that night when Michael was at home doing his homework and the phone rang he'd forgotten about Ben calling and thought it was Brian. He was taken by surprised when another male voice came across the line asking for him. He and Ben talked for hours about everything and nothing. There was such an easy the conversation, not like with Brian where Michael was always somehow on edge. Like at any moment he could say the wrong thing and expose too much of his feelings.

With Ben it was completely different. He couldn't expose too much of himself because Ben knew nothing about him. But there was something about Ben that made Michael want to tell him everything. Made Michael want to expose all of himself to Ben, like Ben would understand and not judge him, or make him feels completely stupid of having done so.

Not that Brian would have. It's just that with Brian there was a different level of communication. They were friends they talked to each other about the guys they liked and the guys they fucked. Well Brian more than him since Brian was the more experienced of the two of them. But he told Brian things he'd never told anyone else. Brian was part of him, and at seventeen he knew how strange that sounded. But it was true. Brian was part of him, when Brian hurt he hurt, when Brian cried he cried. And when Brian was happy he was happy. He felt for and through Brian.

With Ben though there was this thing, this spark of life or whatever. He couldn't really explain it. It was like with Ben he could flirt and be at ease with himself, like he knew what the fuck he was doing. He'd been attracted to guys before had wanted to fuck them. But this was different with Ben he wanted to get naked and stand there and just let Ben look at him. And he'd never been that comfortable with his body.

The only reason they got off the phone was because Brian came knocking at the back door. Brian walked in looked around as if he were half expecting to find someone there in some sort of undress. He breezed past Michael and walked into the kitchen went to the fridge and took out a beer.

"What's the point of having call waiting if you never use it Mikey?" Brian asked after taking a long drink.

"Sorry about that but I was talking to Ben," Michael said coming up to Brian and giving his friend a peck on the cheek.

"So what this guy your new boyfriend or something?" Brian asked rather pissed.

"We've only kissed a little and talked on the phone once, Brian. That hardly qualifies him as my boyfriend," Michael said going into the living room to pick up his books.

Brian walked up behind Michael hugging him and quickly turned him around and kissed his passionately on the mouth. Michael gave into the kiss for an instant and then he pulled back looking at Brian in wonderment.

"What the fuck was that?" Michael asked breathlessly.

"Is that how he kissed you?" Brian asked grinning evilly.

"Knock it off Brian. What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I was just curious that's all," Brian said sitting down on the couch.

"Fuck Brian, you're high. Did you drive over here or ride your bike?" Michael asked walking over to the sofa and helping his friend up.

"I rode my bike, mother," Brian said allowing himself to be lead to and up the stairs to Michael's bedroom.

Michael sat Brian down on the edge of his bed and started to undress his friend. He hated it when Brian was like this, because it meant that his father had done something or not done something or...holy shit...

It was when Michael took the shirt off his friend that he saw it. The bruises around Brian's rib cage. They were these sickening yellowish, reddish purple things that would soon turn dark and become black and blue.

Brian closed his eyes as Michael placed tender kisses on every bruise he found. Tears began to stream down his face. He hated being like this in front of Michael; he hated Michael being exposed to this kind of shit. Brian reached down and laced his fingers through Michael's hair and pulled him up. And kissed him on the forehead.

Michael finished undressing his friend and they lay down together. Brian breathed in deeply, and began to weep silently.

"I've got you," were the only words spoken for the rest of the night. Brian knew that Michael was there and wouldn't let him go, and he could go to sleep knowing that in the morning Michael would be there holding him.

~~~~~~~

It had been two weeks since that night and Michael had divided his time between Ben and Brian. He and Ben were unofficially boyfriends. They talked on the phone practically every night. They'd even gone with Brian to Babylon where for the first time since the first few times he'd gone there Michael actually had a great time. He and Ben danced and kissed in the middle of the dance floor. And Michael hardly even noticed when Brian made his all too predictable departure for the back room. But Michael had noticed that he'd stayed longer than he ever had before.

Brian had gone to the back room but soon made his exit. He stood drinking in the shadows of the club and watched Michael with Ben. Brian had to admit that Michael seemed happy with Ben. He also knew that they hadn't fucked yet. But it was only a matter of time before that happened.

He'd watched with a sort of bitter distain and a lonely regretfulness as Michael had fallen for Ben. He knew that Ben liked Michael a lot, he could see it, could feel it when they were together. He also hated Ben because he could give Michael all the things he wanted. All the things that he couldn't give Michael, all the things he'd wanted to give Michael. But how could he ask Michael to be with him knowing full and damn well what would happen?

~~~~~~~

Ben's hands slid over Michael's body with a practiced ease. He wanted to touch every inch of Michael, wanted to lick, bite, and suck him. Wanted to bend him over, lube him up, and fuck him into unconsciousness. But he was trying with all of his eighteen year old might to keep what was left of his dwindling composure in tact. But the pulsing bet of the music, the slight head rush he had from the beer, and the feeling of Michael this close to him was eroding his will power.

Finally he pulled Michael into a draining kiss that left both of them dizzy and ready for more. Ben could feel Michael's erection through his jeans and he moved his hand to palm it. He had to get him out of this place. Ben didn't want their first time to be in the sweaty crowded club. He wanted a bed and low lights, just enough so that he could see Michel face trace the lines of his body, watch him as his came.

Ben slowly maneuvered them so that they were heading towards the coat check. Once there, they just got their coats and left. It wasn't until he was unlocking the door of his house that Michael realized that he'd left Brian at the club. But then he thought what the fuck, Brian probably hadn't even gotten out of the back room yet and wouldn't miss him for hours. They went back to Michael's house because Debbie was working a double shift and wouldn't be home until early the next morning.

As soon as they entered the house they were all over each other. They fumbled up the stairs undressing along the way and finally stumbled into Michael's bedroom. Once there the panting boys stopped and looked at each other. Both had their shirts off and their pants were open, they'd left their shoes and socks along with their shirts on the stairs. Michael stepped forward first and placed his hand on Ben's smooth chest and ran his hand slowly along its surface until he reached the nipple feeling as the little nib of flesh became erect under the slight pressure of his thumb.

Ben took a deep breath then shuddered as he let it out. Michael became bolder and moved in even closer. When he was close enough he placed a soft wet kiss on Ben's hard nipple. He felt as Ben whole body moaned as his tongue licked around the erect nib of sensitive flesh. Then growing even bolder he bit down on it slightly.

Ben couldn't control himself any longer he lifted Michael and carried him over to the bed and lay him down. Ben nearly ripped Michael's pants and underwear off him in his rush to see Michael naked in the moonlit room. Once he had Michael laid out on the bed naked he stood over him and removed his own pants and underwear slowly giving Michael an eyeful as he watched his soon to be lover's cock grow long and thick with anticipation.

When Ben was naked and had discarded his clothes he sank down to his knees and straddled Michael's body. His pulsing cock making contact with Michael's and both started twitching. He ran his hands over Michael's chest and taut stomach until he reached their throbbing cocks and he gathered them both in his hand and started stroking them. He leaned forward resting placing his free hand by Michael's head and kissed him slowly at first then the kiss became this entity unto itself. They kissed and writhed around under the stroking of Ben's hand as their cocks began to ooze pre-cum all over Ben's hand.

Ben released his hold on their cocks and they both let out an audible groan, but they never broke the kiss, and somehow it became even deeper and more intense. It was almost like they were becoming one person merging into one another through the kiss. But Michael wanted to be closer so finally he broke the kiss and reached over into his night table and brought out a condom. Then while he fished under his bed for the box in which he kept his lube for jerking off Ben made a meal of his exposed back, legs and ass. It was so distracting that it took him a few minutes to remember what he was looking for and finally find it.

Once he had it he turned back to Ben. "I've never really done this before," Michael said breathless as Ben kissed his neck.

Ben stopped and looked him in the eyes lustfully. "We don't have to..."

"That's not what I meant. I just...I don't want to disappoint you," Michael said closing his eyes.

"Look at me Michael. No matter what happens, or doesn't happen tonight, you could never disappoint me. Never," Ben said softly and kissed Michael tenderly.

Michael reached over and gave Ben the condom then Ben pulled back and got on his knees. Michael placed on leg over Ben's shoulder. After Ben had put on the condom and lubed himself he started to prepare Michael. He took his lubed finger and circled around Michael's opening. Once he felt Michael relax a little he slowly pushed his finger in, once he was sure Michael was alright he worked his finger in until he reached Michael prostate and began to massage it.

When he had Michael all hot and bothered his slid another finger in and then another until he was sure Michael was ready for him. Ben then removed his hand and placed his cock head at the opening and pushed his way in an inch at a time. He wanted to make it good for Michael while at the same time trying to retain some control.

Soon they had a rhythm all there own as they melded into these two hot sweaty bodies that wanted nothing more than to please each other. They kissed, licked and bit each other, devouring each other, savoring the taste of each other, leaving marks that would be seen for days afterward. And when they finally did climax they clung to each other for dear life as if the sheer force of it would blow them apart.

The room was awash in moon light and their moans, groans and half screams of orgasm the kind only teenagers can have. Like this was the whole world, like there was nothing out side of this room. The whole world was encapsulated in their panting, in their kissing, in the shudders of the after glow of orgasm. Like the world belonged to them and there was nothing more complicated than looking deeply into each other eyes as they watched the other come, lost in the wonderment of having the power to do that to someone, to make them lose all control. The world was the scent of their fucking as it filled the air; it was the sheets wet and clinging to Michael's back. It was the press of Ben's body on top of Michael, or the heaving of Michael's chest beneath Ben's body. It was their sweat mingling, and the soft kisses passing between them and the whispered declarations of love as their breathing slowed to normal.

Michael never felt so tired and yet so good in his whole life. He didn't know if he was really loved but he felt loved in the moment. Or maybe this is what it was like when you lost your virginity. Maybe this was what it was like when everything in your world changed and your body opened up to the new pleasures it's just discovered. Maybe this is what it was like to be high and drunk and full all at the same time. Maybe this was nothing more than a seventeen year old boy's imagination about what love was. But if it was than he'd take it because it was like knowing everything and nothing all at the same time and being absolutely satisfied with that.

Michael fell a sleep in Ben's arms that night feeling like he was beautiful, because Ben made him feel beautiful.

~~~~~~~

Brian came in about an hour after Ben and Michael had fallen asleep. As he climbed the stairs to Michael's bedroom he picked up the discarded shirts, socks and shoes he found there. He took a deep breath in when he finally reached Michael's bedroom door. Something told him to just dump the stuff there and go downstairs and sleep on the couch. But there was this other side to him that had to see, had to know. It was the same side of him that provoked his father sometimes. The one that wanted to see just how much pain he could endure before he had to run and find Michael and be held until all the hurt went way.

Brian swallowed hard and opened the door. And there they were two naked sleeping forms entangled. All arms and legs and soft snoring. Brian wanted to scream, but he controlled himself.

Yeah, this confirmed it for him. He really fucking hated Ben with a passion that made his heart race and his palms sweat. Hated him as he's only ever hated one other person in his life. Hated him so much that all he wanted to do in this moment was walk into the room and force that fucker away from his Mikey and kick his naked ass out of their lives. Instead he placed the clothes on the inside corner of the door jamb of the bedroom and slowly closed it. Then he went down stairs and slept dreamlessly on the couch.

~~~~~~~

Michael woke up in the morning still being held by Ben. He looked over at his alarm clock and show that he only had forty-five minutes to get Ben up and out before his mom got home. Debbie didn't have a problem with him being gay, but Michael wanted to keep this to himself for a little while longer. He wanted this for himself before his mother barged in and decided it was up to her to run the relationship.

"Ben. Ben," Michael whispered nudging him slightly.

"Yeah, what is it?" Ben opened his eyes slowly.

"Time to get up."

"Just five more minutes."

"My mom'll be home in a few minutes."

"I thought she was cool with you being gay?"

"She is. I just want to keep this between us for now. I don't need her telling me how to be with you."

"She wouldn't."

"You don't know my mom."

~~~~~~~

Brian lay there on the couch and listened to Michael and Ben go at it for ten minutes. It was a quickie with lots of moans and oh shits, and fuck me's. Brian was tempted to go up there and tell them to knock it off. Then he had to lay there and pretend to be asleep as Ben and Michael tried to sneak downstairs quietly. He heard them kiss and he heard Michael close the door.

"Come on Brian," Michael said going back upstairs.

"I'm not sleeping on those sheets," Brian said getting up following his friend.

"Would I ask you to?" Michael asked smiling to himself.

"So Mikey, not a virgin anymore," Brian said walking in behind Michael who was in his underwear and looking good enough to eat.

"Who said I was a virgin before last night?" Michael sing-songed as he took off the sex infused sheets and started straightening the bed with fresh sheets.

"Seriously, Mikey, did he hurt you?" Brian asked walking up behind Michael and hugging him as he took in the hickeys on Michael's neck and shoulders.

Michael spun around in Brian's arms and kissed him on the cheek then just as quickly turned back to doing what he was doing.

"What the fuck was that for?" Brian asked still holding Michael.

"Just because," Michael said.

~~~~~~~

Brian was standing alone at the bar watching Michael dance with Ben. Well he was watching Michael more than Ben. Finally he decided to cut in. Brian sauntered over to where Michael and Ben were dancing and slid between them.

Michael was taken aback when Brian who wouldn't spit on Ben if he were on fire, suddenly started dancing with him. Michael walked back over to the bar and picked up his now warm beer. He watched as his boyfriend and his best friend danced to the music.

"So Ben, how's it going?" Brian leaned into Ben and asked.

"Things are going great." Ben answered.

"Why? Because you get to fuck him? He loves me more," Brian said swaying to the music.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Ben shouted over the music.

"Mikey. He. Loves. Me. More. What part of that don't you get?"

"Grow up, Brian," is all Ben said and walked away.

Ben walked over the bar where Michael was standing and took the beer from Michael's hand. After taking a long slow drink from the bottle Ben gave it back to Michael.

"Go get your friend. I think he's drunk," Ben leaned in and told Michael.

"What he do?" Michael asked worried.

"It's not what he did. It's what he said," Ben answered. "Look, baby, take him home put him to bed and I'll see you tomorrow." Ben moved forward and kissed Michael long and hard on the mouth taking him in his arms and pulling him close.

After Ben left Michael walked over to where Brian was dancing with some guy and cut in.

"We're going," is all he said and then walked away knowing that like a contrite child Brian was following him.

They drove back to Michael's house in silence. Once they got into the house however that was a different story.

Michael closed and locked the door behind him and whipped around to his friend. "What the fuck did you say to him?"

"Who?" Brian asked innocently.

"Don't pull that shit with me. What did you say to him?" Michael asked as he stormed past Brian and headed upstairs to his room.

"I just told him the truth," Brian said following his friend.

"I'm waiting." Michael whirled around on the stairs in front of Brian giving his friend a shock.

"I told him you loved me more."

"You what?!!!" Michael shouted in confusion and frustration. Then he turned around and stormed up the rest of the stairs and into his room and slammed the door.

Brian followed behind his head down and opened the door rather sheepishly. "Mikey..."

"What the fuck is your problem Brian? You jealous?" Michael asked as he was getting undressed.

"What?" Brian came all the way in now and closed the door behind him.

"You heard me."

"Why would I be jealous?" Brian asked taking off his clothes.

"Jealous that he wants me and not you?" Michael spat.

"You seriously think this is about that muscle bound dolt?" Brian spat back.

"Don't call him that. You can't expect me to believe this is about me. That's a fucking joke."

"Mikey."

"Don't Mikey me. This isn't about Ben or me. This isn't even about Ben and me. This is what it's always about. You. What? I'm not paying enough attention to you? Are you trying to get me to choose between the two of you? And if you are, what do I get out of it?" Michael was up in Brian's face now, looking up into those shocking hazel eyes.

"I just think you're...we're too young to get tied down to one person," Brian said.

"That's what I thought. Time to go to bed, Brian," Michael said turning towards the bed.

"You never said you didn't," Brian said crawling into bed behind his friend.

"Neither did you. And here we are and nothing has changed," Michael said feeling Brian put his arm around him.

~~~~~~~

It had never been about wanting to just have sex with Brian. God if it were only that fucking simple. If it were just that then when he met Ben he could have walked away. Probably would have. There was something about Brian. Not just his charm, or his fucked up sense of self. Not even his arrogance, although all of that was part of it. It was this almost child-like quality he had. Brian had this insatiable need to be loved. He was like this sponge continually begging for more, although he'd never in a million years admit it. And Michael loved him beyond all reason.

But when Ben came along it was different. Ben wanted him, wasn't afraid to want him, wasn't afraid to let him know it. When Ben held him he felt safe, calm. He felt protected and he knew Ben loved him.

Before Ben came into his life Michael had never thought he'd love anyone other than Brian. Because Brian was really all he knew, all he'd ever wanted to know. And he knew how stupid that sounded considering he was only seventeen. But there are some things you just know, some things that once you know them you know them all your life. No matter what age you were when you learned them.

At fourteen when they met Michael knew that he'd know and love Brian Kinney for the rest of his life. He didn't know how he knew. He couldn't explain it to his mother, to Brian, not even to himself. But it was there a fact, something irrefutable, undeniable, unmovable, and impenetrable.

It was a little different with Ben. With Ben it had been the first time they made love. He knew then and there that he'd know, love and be with Ben for the rest of his life. And there it was. At seventeen Michael had met and fallen in love with two very different people, for reasons that were as different as night and day. He couldn't explain it and why should he have to. Fuck, he was only seventeen.

~~~~~~~

"How's Brian?" Ben asked as they sat in a booth at the Liberty Diner.

"He has a slight hangover. Other than that he's fine," Michael said taking a bite of his burger.

"Is there something I need to know?"

"About what?"

"About you and Brian. I know you love him..."

"I do."

"If you want to end this..."

"Ben, I love you. I just do. Brian and I are friends. It's never going to be anything more than that."

"It already is more than that."

"I'm with you. Not because I can't have him. I'm with you because I want to be with you."

"What if that changes?"

"What if your feelings about me change? What then?"

"That's not going to happen."

"You're eighteen. You'll be going off to college soon and I'm seventeen. How do you know where life will take us?"

"There are some things you just know. What about the rest?"

"There are some questions that are better left unanswered..."


End of "Unanswered Questions" by LadyArmand -- email

Read the sequel: It's Not Easy Being Green

back to fiction index page