Chapter 3


Author:   Patricia  &  Ellen
Rating:   NC-17  (overall story)
Spoilers:   none
Summary:   This is the Power of Three's answer to the AngelSlash St. Patrick's Day challenge.

Series Timeline:   Sometime before 'Covenant'.

Disclaimer:   They're not mine.  If they were mine, Angel could go safely into the sun, Doyle would be a millionaire and Cordelia would be a famous movie star.  And they would be together.

Ellen's Note:   Patricia started this chapter and I was way too impatient myself to wait for her to finish.  So, I finished it, on the theme of impatience.

Thoughts between Angel, Doyle and Cordelia are marked //like this.//






Doyle took Cordelia's place in the chair and looked at his lover.  She was still on the bed, stretched out, waiting for Angel.  They could hear him singing softly in his mind.

//Oh, it's no, nay, never, no, nay, never, no more....//

//The Wild Rover,// Doyle answered to Cordelia's unsaid question.  //An ol' Irish song.//  He looked towards the door.  //Angel, what...?//

Suddenly the vampire sent them a mental image of what he had planned, which brought a big smile to their faces.

//Angel!// they both said as one as he entered the bedroom, holding a glass full of green beer in one hand and a small can in the other.  He gave Doyle the beer and sat beside Cordelia's form, leaning over to kiss the top of her head.  The half-demon took a sip of his beer and set it down on the floor.

//I'm ready for the show, my friends,// he announced.  Angel dipped a finger inside the can and brought it out green and frosty.

//That was for the cake, you know,// Cordelia said to him.

Angel shrugged.  //I have better uses for it now,// her undead lover said with a grin.

//Let's test this, shall we?//  Angel extended his frosting-coated finger to her lips.  She extended her tongue and licked his finger lightly, sending the taste to him and to Doyle through their bond.

//Hmmm.  Tastes good, don't you think?// Angel said, enjoying the use of Cordelia's senses.

Doyle and Cordelia nodded.  Angel took more frosting with his index finger and started tracing small patterns on Cordelia's back.  She moaned softly, in anticipation.

//Feels good too,// she sent to them.  Doyle had to agree.

The feeling of Angel's cold finger on Cordelia's bare back was affecting him as well.  He managed to grab the beer and take a sip.  //Gods, Angel... Yes,// he hissed just when Angel lowered his head to lick the frosting off Cordelia's back.  She arched against him and purred.

//I like that,// Angel and Doyle's thoughts came as one.

//I know you do.//

Shifting his position on the chair, Doyle watched as Angel gently followed the melting trail of frosting down Cordelia's back.

//Hmm, green frosting might make good shaving cream for these marvelous legs of yours.  They do just seem to go on forever, don't they?// Angel teased as he spread a new trail of green frosting down Cordelia's thighs and continued tracing a line all the way down to her ankles.

//With a cold tongue for a razor?//

//Well, don't forget the fangs,// he pointed out.

//Custom leg care by Angel,// she sent back with a mental giggle.  //That's different.  Show me.//

With exquisite gentleness, he allowed his face to shift slightly, just enough to show a bit of fang.  Doyle stared wonderingly.  He'd never seen that partial change, at least from this vantage point.

//You've felt it though.  You just weren't looking at the time.//

Even in his mind, he had no reply to that.  All that he could do was watch, with intensifying excitement, as Angel lightly stroked his way down each of Cordelia's legs, fang tips barely touching her skin.

Grabbing the beer, Doyle washed the rest of it down his suddenly dry throat.

//It's not exactly a shave,// Cordelia sent with a sigh of pleasure.  //But it will do.  Ahhh... yes.//

After a few more minutes, responding to her unspoken thought, Angel handed her the frosting and she covered her own fingers with it as well.  Then she began to decorate every part of his body that she could reach.

//I look forward to licking that spot,// she sent.

//But the frosting won't melt on my skin like it does on yours,// Angel thought back.  //What a dilemma.  What shall we do about that?//

//I'll just have to heat it up enough to melt.  Which means, I'll have to move very, very slowly.//

//Or you could decorate yourself with it.  Just let me know where to go first.//

With a mental laugh, Cordelia showed Doyle her frosting-covered fingers and her image of some of the places where they might go.

Watching them, Doyle groaned.  //I don't think I can wait much longer,// he warned them breathlessly.  //I'm achin' here.  Feel me.//

With her eyes closed, Cordelia had no trouble sensing his hand sneaking toward the source of his ache.  //No cheating,// she warned.

//Have a little mercy.  This is painful, gal and I know you two don't like it when I'm in pain,// he wheedled.

//Now that's a low... ah, blow,// she sent back lazily, with a vivid thought of licking the source of his discomfort.  He gasped, as the thought made him shudder as though the contact had really been made to his flesh, rather than only in his mind.

//I've always wondered how a man really feels when he's... frustrated,// she sent, sinking her thoughts deep within his tense body, to experience his need.

//It's not a pretty sight,// Doyle sent back, feeling himself sweat.

//Ah but there you're wrong.  We find it a very pretty sight,// Angel teased.

Cordelia sent back, //You smell good, too.  Doesn't he, Angel?//

//He smells delicious.//

Cordelia thought, //I bet he'd taste really good right now, even without frosting.//

//I would guarantee it,// Angel answered.

//If you don't let me join you,// Doyle warned.  //I'm not goin' to last, here.//

//Hmmm, shall we let him?  Or shall we use some more frosting first?//

Angel sent his consciousness deep within Doyle's body and Doyle shuddered at the intimacy of the mental touch.  //I'd say he's just about ready now.//

//Well, then, come on in.  The frosting's fine.//

In a flash he joined them on the bed.  With desperate urgency, he moved into Cordelia's welcoming warmth and Angel closed in behind him, pressing Doyle' s body tightly between them.  As soon as he was surrounded by Cordelia's heat, with Angel's cooler flesh pressing firmly against his back, he knew that he could wait no longer.

//Sorry... I...// he gasped as he shuddered with the force of release.

//No need to be sorry,// Cordelia purred, licking the perspiration from his face.  //You're beautiful.  I love your impatience.//

//But... I...//

As the tremors subsided in his body, still tightly pressed between his two lovers, he couldn't help feeling shame at his lack of control.  The two of them reassured him instantly, rocking him between them.

//We love your sweat and your impatience and every little thing about you,// Cordelia told him.  //We love you down to the bottom, down to the root, all the way through.//

//Every part of you, forever,// Angel echoed.  //You are our lives.//

//Our heart,// Cordelia added, feeling his racing heartbeat, as she cradled his hot, damp body against hers.

//Our soul.//

Then, deliberately breaking the mood, Angel went on, //Besides, it's your turn next to make me wait.//

"Not the same," Doyle murmured out loud, his lips against Cordelia's throat.  "You're way too good at waiting.  Centuries of experience."

//Take it as a challenge, then.//