Chapter 2


Author:   Patricia
Rating:   NC-17  (overall story)
Spoilers:   none
Summary:   As the threesome discover new aspects of their bond and Doyle must deal with a personal weakness... at the worst time imaginable.

Disclaimer:   They're not mine.  If they were mine, Angel could go safely into the sun, Doyle would be a millionaire and Cordelia would be a famous movie star.  And they would be together.

Thoughts between Angel, Doyle and Cordelia are marked //like this.//






"So this is La Selva," Angel said aloud for Wesley's benefit.  The club they had just got in was the "in" spot and it was decorated with a cheesy jungle motif.  Angel couldn't believe it.

//You asked to use my so-called 'brooding charms' to get us into this?// he sent to Cordelia.  She just smiled.

//Come on, Angel.  Just give it a try.  Make me happy.//

//There are other ways to make you happy, my love.//

//I agree with Angel Eyes 'ere,// Doyle said, making the others laugh.  Wesley just sighed, wondering what could be so funny, besides the whole idea of the place.

Quickly, Angel's "brooding charms" helped them get a good table and some drinks.  The club was crowded.  And Angel couldn't believe people would actually pay to get into places like this when they could be involved in more fulfilling activities... such as playing with ice cubes with his two lovers, in his case.

Both Doyle and Cordelia gave him a look.

//Hey!  What was that?// the Irish half-demon asked.

//Just me thinking,// Angel answered after checking that Wesley was as far away as he could be on the dance floor, making some movements that seemed more fitted for a Xander Harris clone than a former Watcher.

"I like your way of thinking," Cordelia said aloud.  "But you know what else I like?"

//Dancing.//  Angel and Doyle's thoughts came as one.

//Smart guys,// she said.

//You guys go first.  I'm gonna finish my drink,// Angel sent to them before taking a sip.  They looked at him.

//Angel...//

//Five minutes, tops,// he smiled, knowing that they could never resist that gorgeous smile of his.

Cordelia sighed.  //If you're not with us in five minutes, I swear we're going to come here and drag you to the dance floor.//  With that she took Doyle by the arm and headed towards the dance floor.

Angel smiled as he watched them.  They made an interesting couple.  The gorgeous brunette with the red dress and matching strappy sandals and the blue-eyed Irishman with his polyester shirt and leather jacket.

Angel couldn't think of anything more beautiful.

He wasn't lying when he had told Cordelia he would always love Buffy.  But she was the past.  And the couple on the dance floor was his future.

Smiling, he saw them laugh and spin around the dance floor, just enjoying being alive and together.

Alive...

//Angel,// Doyle's voice was sad.  //Don't do that.//

//I won't.  Sorry.//  How could he not be happy if he was loved by such wonderful people?  He left his jacket on the table and joined his lovers, trying to decide whether moving around like he was suffering from convulsions could be considered a dance.

The next ten minutes went by as they danced and laughed together, the eyes of a lot of people on them.  The threesome didn't seen to care, or didn't notice, because they went on and on until Doyle felt a strong need for a Billy D.

"I'll be back," he said aloud before heading to the bar.  Soon after he left, the fast tempo music was replaced by a soft ballad.  Cordelia and Angel wrapped their arms around each other and started to dance.  The brunette leaned closer to him to whisper in his ear:

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"For loving us the way you do."

He kissed her cheek.

//Thanks to you for being here with me.  You and Doyle.//

By now almost everyone was looking at the gorgeous couple.  Doyle smiled proudly.  They were his.  Nobody else could claim them the way he did or be loved the way they loved him.  And that made him the happiest man on earth.

//Do you have any idea how delicious you look together?// the half-demon sent to them.

Angel sent back:  //Good enough to eat?// along with a image of the three of them in one of the club's bathroom stalls.  Cordelia blushed.

//Not here.//

//Why not?// Angel asked, thinking about how funny it would be.

//Because... Wesley's here,// she said pointing at the former watcher.  Angel and Cordelia separated.

"Wesley, what is it?" Angel asked.

"I'd like to go home now, if you don't mind.  Shaking my booty in the 'in place' is definitely not my idea of a good time."

"But we've only been here for..." Cordelia started to say.

//An hour, more or less,// Doyle sent to her.

"An hour.  It's early."

"Maybe I could go to the office and do some paperwork.  Really, Angel, I'd like to go."

The vampire sighed.

//Are you guys up for a walk?// He asked Doyle and Cordelia and they agreed.

"Okay, Wesley.  You can take my car.  We'll walk."

Wesley looked confused but didn't say anything.  Instead, he accepted Angel's keys and said good night to them.

//Why did we even brought him in the first place?// Doyle asked from his position by the bar, once the Englishman was gone.

//Because we want him to feel a part of the group,// Angel answered knowing what his lovers were going to say about it.

//He's not a part of the group.//

//I didn't mean like that.  I just... wasn't I saying something about a bathroom stall?//

//Angel!// Cordelia exclaimed.

//Can you guys start dancin' again?  You look so good together//

With a smile, Doyle's lovers resumed their dancing as the Irishman ordered another Colt and watched them.

"Well, I'll never be a stranger and I'll never be alone,
Whenever we're together, that's my home."

Unaware of the rest of the world, Angel and Cordelia danced, as Doyle watched them from the bar, sipping beer and smoking.

It seemed as though they heard none of the sounds around them, until Doyle coughed.  Then both of them glanced swiftly at him, as though breaking out of a trance.

Watching the smoke curl around Doyle's face, Angel shook his head slightly.

//Don't tell me you've never smoked in your life, m'man,// the Irish half-demon sent to him.

//I can take a bit more damage than most.  I just worry about you, boyo.  That's all.//

//We both worry, Doyle.//

//I know, darlings.  I know you do.//

Cordelia buried her face on Angel's shoulder and sighed, her warm breath bathing Angel's cool skin.  He just held her tighter, feeling her heart beating so close to his chest that it seemed as though they shared the rhythm.

If someone had told Angel a year ago that he and Cordelia would be together, he would have laughed.  He and Cordelia?  Not likely.

But there they were now, dancing.  His lips barely touching her hair, his nostrils filled with her seductive scent.

He had fallen in love with Cordelia Chase.... and Doyle was no longer the only reason.

Smiling he looked into her eyes.  The love that seemed to radiate from them almost brought tears to his eyes.

"I love you," he whispered.

//We love you too,// Doyle and Cordelia answered as one.

The vampire just smiled.

"Home is just another word for you...."







After much dancing, Cordelia found herself in need of a quick visit to the ladies' room.  //My feet are hurting, too,// she thought plaintively.

//Poor baby.  Think good thoughts of us, eh?//

Taking off one shoe and rubbing her foot, Cordelia laughed.  She kept the shoe in her hand and hobbled toward the bathroom, looking forward to putting some cold water on her sore heel.

//Now if we came in with you, we could give your tired little feet such a massage...//

Cordelia's thoughts were so occupied with the images from Doyle and Angel of some of the better things to be done in a bathroom that she didn't notice the broken glass on the floor.

//!!!// The sudden flash of pain from Cordelia caught both men's attention immediately.

//Cordelia!  What happened?//

//Not an attack, don't worry,// she sent quickly, reassuring them.  //Stepped on some glass in here.  No need to come charging in here to protect me from the big bad.//

//You're bleeding, aren't you?// Angel sent.

//Good call from our Mister Obvious.  Don't panic, guys,// Cordelia sent back.  //I've had my tetanus shots.  Just, ouch.//

//This is weird,// Doyle sent.  //I'm feelin' Angel feelin' you bleed.//

//Gross,// Cordelia sighed impatiently.  //You two, get out of my head while I finish up my business in here, OK?  No more distractions.//

After a few minutes, Cordelia limped out of the bathroom, still holding her shoe and joined them at the bar.  //No more dancin' tonight I guess, princess,// Doyle thought sympathetically.

//Gee, what total geniuses I'm in love with,// Cordelia returned sarcastically.  //And even better, we're walking home.//

Angel looked thoughtfully at Cordelia's foot.  //Would you let me try something?//

//Whatever.//

She sat on a bar stool, obviously annoyed and not expecting much of anything, as Angel took her foot in his hands.  Doyle watched, feeling the contact between Angel's mind and Cordelia's body and shook his head slowly, wondering.  //Whoa.  This feels... seriously bizarre.//

//From this side too,// Cordelia responded, her attitude changing as she began to feel something.  //My foot's getting all tingly.//

//Shhh, let me try this, don't interrupt.//  Angel concentrated, frowning.  Doyle could feel a flow of power moving through Angel's hands to Cordelia's foot and he could feel the warm, prickly sensation as the power caressed the small wound there.

He stared in fascination, unable to see very clearly in the darkness by the bar but actually feeling the minor cut on Cordelia's foot healing as Angel touched it.

//Wow,// Cordelia breathed.  //I wonder if this would work for something bigger than a little cut like this one.//

//Let's hope we don't have to find out the hard way,// Angel sent back.  //There, it's done.//  Gently, he released Cordelia's foot.

//Yeah, I know.  Good as new.  Way strange.//

Angel extended his arm to Cordelia.  //Shall we dance?//

//Why not?//  With a smile, she put her shoe back on and hopped off the barstool.  //Vampires come in useful for so many things.//







An hour before dawn the threesome was on their way home.  A little dizzy from the alcohol, Doyle walked between his two lovers, his arms around their shoulders.  They walked in silence but in Doyle's mind a song played uninterrupted.

"Well, I never had a place that I could call my very own,
But that's all right, my love, 'cause you're my home.
You're my castle, you're my cabin, you're my instant pleasure dome,
I need you in my house 'cause you're my home."

Someday, they would have to do something about Doyle's drinking and smoking but not tonight.  If he was happy that way, Doyle's lovers didn't want to get in his way.

As they walked the dark streets of Los Angeles, Angel looked up at the sky, filled with shiny stars.  For centuries, he had wondered if that was the real heaven and more importantly, if he could ever be there.

He didn't ask himself those questions anymore.

Because he was already there.  This was heaven, this was his rebirth, this was his redemption.  Doyle and Cordelia.

At Doyle's back, the vampire and his human lover joined hands without losing their grip on their beloved half-demon and headed home, a smile on their faces as Doyle's song filled their minds.

//Thank you, dearest my love, for bringing us together.//

Wherever the three of them were together, it was home.