TITLE: Triple Counterpoint - Part 5

I bend my head and watch as I pull back and thrust again. My cock sinks into her wet folds and she bucks up under me. I move her legs together and place them around my waist. She clasps her ankles behind me as I shift forward over her, supporting myself on my hands. I raise up on the balls of my feet, riding high as we start to rock back and forth. We just grind together, thrusting and grunting for a few moments, getting a nice smooth, hard rhythm going. I stop suddenly and draw almost all the way out. Scully cranes her neck to watch me as I shove my cock in slowly again. My shaft rubs her clit along its whole length as I enter her an inch at a time. She groans.

"You like that?" I hiss, moving slowly back out and stopping with just the head of my cock inside her.

"Oh...God...yes," she mumbles as I repeat the same slow insertion. I do that a few more times and then build up my pace slowly finally working up to rapid, deep thrusts. Scully's arms grip my biceps so hard I know she's going to leave bruises. I grit my teeth because the sensation is really marvelous.

After that there are no more words, just the sound of slapping, sweaty flesh and the storm outside in counterpoint to my harsh breathing and her rising moans. I feel her tense up again, her inner muscles adding just the right friction to send me suddenly rocketing over the edge into orgasm. My climax hits me like one of the lightning bolts that's grounding itself outside. I close my eyes, throw my head back and roar like thunder as I empty myself inside her body.

I thrust spastically against her, my muscles taut, my back arching, as I feel Scully come again as well. She cries out, writhing under me as both of us thrust together to bring each other as much pleasure as possible.

Finally I slow my thrusts, gasping and huffing as Scully stills beneath me, shaking like a leaf from the intensity of the experience. I roll us carefully onto our sides and hold her in my arms.

"Whoa..." I gasp, stroking her back.

"You can say that again," she replies, her voice breathless.

"Let me pull out so I'm not crushing your leg," I suggest as she shifts against me.

"Thanks," she murmurs, smiling.

I grip my cock and slide out of her. We untangle our legs and I lay my head on her breast.

"Too heavy?" I ask as she shifts to get comfortable.

"No...I like it," she grins down at me, pulling me up onto her chest a little more.

"Good. So do I. You have cushy tits," I tease. She pulls a mock frown and I kiss the subject under discussion. She caresses my shoulder and we settle back to let our breathing become normal again.

Another crack of thunder punctuates the sound of our breathing. Rain beats against the window. Christ, I hope to hell Mulder is being careful driving through this I think as I rub Scully's stomach.

"I hope Mulder's being careful," she whispers, resting her hand on my arm.

"You just read my mind," I murmur, nuzzling her nipple. "I think he'll take his time. He'd better or I'll frag his ass," I chuckle.

She laughs as well and then we lapse into companionable silence again for a few moments. Scully moves her hand up and strokes my scalp. She begins to speak and I listen to her quiet voice.

"Ever since I was a little girl I liked to lie in bed, warm and snug with a good book when it would be raining this hard. I've always liked rainy, lazy days," she sighs with contentment.

"Hot cocoa," I reply.

"Hmm?" she asks, glancing down at me.

"I used to curl up with hot cocoa and comics when I was a kid," I reply quietly.

"Really? Hot cocoa sounds fantastic," she replies, stroking the hair at the nape of my neck.

"Yeah, even in summer. I still do that sometimes...well minus the comics," I grin a little. "I usually fall asleep though. Rain on the window is a great sophorific," I add. She yawns and I rumble a chuckle. "See."

"You're absolutely right," she agrees, pushing up a little. I shift off her and she turns on her side so I can spoon up against her back. I pull the bed's comforter up to partially cover us.

"Do we have time for a nap?" she mumbles, half asleep already.

"Oh yeah," I reply, rolling over in order to set the clock radio alarm for an hour. "An hour for sure," I add sleepily as I roll back over and spoon against her again. I reposition the comforter, and then place my arm over her waist to hold her close.

"Mulder..." Scully mumbles, her words fading out.

"Mulder knows how to use the door knocker if he gets here before the alarm goes off," I reply.

I kiss her hair and then I feel myself drifting off to sleep as well.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 9:00 PM. On the road near Crossroads, Maine.

I sit in the rest area as the rain pummels my windshield and sigh. I needed to pull off just to get a breather after fighting traffic in this downpour. Damn it. I glance at my watch. I should have been there by 10 PM. I doubt that's going to happen now.

I look out the side window at the three other cars that are waiting out the worst of the deluge. I can just make out the people in the closest car. A young blonde- haired girl sits next to the tall, imposing older woman at the wheel. A little dog of some kind sticks its head up in the rear window and its warm breath steams up the window further, adding to the fog inside the car that makes it even more difficult to see its occupants. My vision obscured, I turn back to the inside of the Olds.

The gas gauge is on full. I stopped and filled it just a while back. I'm letting my motor run to keep the inside of the car warm so I decide to turn on the radio to see if I can catch a local station and get a weather report. After searching through the FM band and getting station after station of inane DJs, commercials, the Spice Girls and Back Street Boys, I finally switch to the AM band and find a station without too much trouble. Two guys are talking about the New England Patriots so I deduce it's the sports broadcast. I settle back to wait for the weather report.

I hear an engine close by and glance out my side window. The car with the older woman, blonde girl and dog is pulling out. Well, I guess they're going to risk the trip. Maybe they live close by. I wish them silent good luck for a safe journey as their tail lights recede in the distance. I refocus on the radio, turn up the volume a little and sit back again in my seat.

My mind wanders to thoughts of what Walter and Scully are doing right now. If I know Scully, she could be curled up in bed with a good book. She really likes to do that on a rainy day or night. But, I hope that this time instead, she's curled up in bed next to Walter. Yeah...that would be nice. He can have his hand on her instead of on that cup of cocoa he thinks I don't know he makes for himself on a rainy day.

I smile at the image of the two of them possibly snuggled close until the weather woman comes on and gives us all the news I figured I'd hear. Storm of the fall blowing in. Record inches of rain. High wind. Lightning. Power outages. Stay in and stay safe. Etc. etc. Oh brother. Ok...well...I guess I could turn round and pull off at that roadside Mom and Pop motel I saw 5 miles behind me. Hmm. The image of Walter and Scully dances into my mind again and I shake my head. No way. If I go slow and watch myself I'll get there fine. I can always pull off again if it gets too tough to drive. I nod, deciding to move on. I readjust my seat belt, put the car in drive and give her the gas to get back on the interstate.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 11:30 PM. Dragon's Roost. Crossroads, Maine.

'Something's wrong' I think instantly upon awakening. I tense, listening. No, it isn't auditory...it's visual...it's dark...we...we left the lights on. Scully mumbles next to me as I disengage myself from the tangle we've become in sleep.

"Hmm?" she murmurs as I sit up and stare into darkness. The silence is broken by rain pounding on the windows, and the sound of heavy wind.

"Scully, wake up," I reply quietly, my voice concerned. She's awake in a flash, sitting up and alert.

"What's wrong?" she glances around. "The lights..."

"Yeah, the power's out," I reply, bemused once I realize what's up. "It must be the storm."

A sudden bolt of lightning illuminates Scully's features and a loud boom of thunder punctuates her words as I look into her face. She jumps slightly.

"It does sound worse," she observes, looking past me at the clock radio. I roll on my hip, following her eyes. The digital display is dark. "What time is it?" she asks. "Oh...my watch is over there too," she finishes gesturing towards the dresser.

"Hang on, I'll check," I volunteer, climbing off the bed. The next bolt of lightning shows me where we left the packages lying again so I don't step on them. I walk over to the dresser and retrieve my watch. Depressing the button that lights up the face, I pull it up close to my eyes and frown.

"Shit. It's 11:30," I comment, turning to Scully.

"I'm calling Mulder," she replies immediately.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," I reply, reaching for my glasses. He should have been here by now," I reply, an edge of worry in my voice.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 11:30 PM. Closer to Crossroads, Maine.

I juggle the cell phone to my ear.

"Mulder," I bark into it.

"Mulder, where are you?" Scully's voice comes over the connection. Worry is palpable in her tone.

"Just pulling out of yet another rest area, Scully. This is a mess out here. I'm on my way though. No problem. It just may take me a while," I reply, trying to keep the frustration out of my voice and not quite succeeding.

"Thank God. The power's out here. We...uh...fell asleep and the alarm we set didn't go off," she replies, relief obvious in her words.

I grin to myself. Ah ha. So my earlier image was accurate I bet. Good. I was hoping they were getting nice and close while I was away.

"So, you two having fun?" I tease her.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she teases back. "Look, I'll let you go so you can put both hands on the wheel. Just be careful, all right. Batman and Batwoman are keeping the Bat Cave nice and warm for you, Boy Wonder."

I guffaw loudly as my last reference to the Bat Cave jumps instantly into my mind. "God, bless you Saint Scully, the enigmatic," I cough into the phone. "I'm bringin' the Batmobile on home now," I add, chuckling.

"All right. Take care, lover," she replies, laughing herself.

"You too," I reply, hanging up and tossing the cell phone onto the passenger seat.

xXx

Sunday, September 19, 1999. Midnight. Dragon's Roost. Crossroads, Maine.

Scully had a small flashlight in her luggage. Just goes to show how long I've been out of the field. I wasn't that well prepared at all. Oh yeah, I had a tiny flashlight hanging from the Jeep keychain. I could just about see the end of my dick with it if I held it really close. Just about see it that is when I finally found the keys in my pants pocket. Christ.

We showered by flashlight which was kind of romantic actually. I had half a mind to suggest to Scully that we go for a second round, but I think worry for Mulder was temporarily squelching our ardor. So, we washed up, toweled dry and got dressed instead. Both of us put on sweaters as the temperature in the house was dropping by that point.

Finding our way downstairs we located candles in a drawer in the kitchen and lit them, taking them into the living room so that we could build a fire in the fireplace. Both of us were extremely glad that Dennis and Phil had left the cut wood.

The fire burns bright now, bathing the room in warmth. I straighten up and turn to Scully after adjusting the flu.

"That's it. You can shut the screen," I advise as she places a log we didn't use back down with the piled up wood.

She nods and pulls the glass screen closed as I step away from the hearth.

"You hungry?" I ask, scratching at my chin.

"A little," she acknowledges.

"You know what I have a taste for?" I reply, twitching my lips in a grin.

"What?"

"Hot cocoa," I reply, grinning wider.

"And cookies!" she replies, smiling with delight.

"Yeah, let's see what we can scrounge up in there. I thought I saw some Swiss Miss in the cupboard earlier when I made the coffee," I reply, smiling. She gathers up a candle, and so do I. Scully moves to my side and I take her hand as we leave the living room.

xXx

Sunday, September 19, 1999. Midnight. Just outside Crossroads, Maine.

I can see a glow on the horizon that tells me I'm at last approaching Crossroads. I thought I recognized the area even though the last road sign was barely visible in the sheets of rain outside. It's still coming down to the point where the phrase '40 days and 40 nights' is playing in my mind...or I expect to see an ark floating down the drainage ditch that borders the highway here.

I shake my head and concentrate on the road. Traffic is almost non-existent. I've only seen a few cars trying to make it to their destinations. I see lights in my rearview mirror, now as a matter-of-fact, and watch as the car signals that it's going to pass me. Shit. I grit my teeth and back off on the gas. The car pulls round me...pulls around me fast...way too fast. 'Jesus...come on, man...slow down...where's the fucking fire', I think as the car careens around me.

"SHIT" I curse as the car fishtails in front of me. Adrenaline rushes through my body as the late model Ford goes out of control on the slick pavement doing a 360 spin right before my eyes.

"GOD!" I yell, instinctively not going for the brake but instead, taking my foot off the gas, and throwing the car in second gear to slow myself down. I clench my jaw tight and grip the wheel hard, avoiding the spinning Ford enough to steer clear to the side of the road. I lose sight of the other car as I struggle to finally brake and control the skidding Olds in the gravel of the roadside. The edge of the ditch looms up fast but I avoid going over into the darkness below by inches, bringing the Olds to rest side on to the edge.

I slam my hand down on the steering wheel in anger, fear and frustration, breathing hard. Then I look for the Ford. The Ford wasn't so lucky. I can see the Ford's red tail lights in the ditch below me.

"Jesus," I hiss. I'd better call 911. I reach for my cell but it's on the floor. I unsnap my seat belt and reach down, fishing it up into my lap. Once I get it in hand, I dial 911 as quickly as my shaking fingers will allow. Taking several deep breaths I feel myself calming as the 911 operator comes on.

I hesitate only a moment to give the information that I know will bring help even faster if possible.

"This is Agent Fox Mulder of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Badge Number JTT047101111. I'm directly next to..." I bark into the cell, taking a glance outside my windshield,"...the road sign that says Crossroads, Maine, Exit F, 7 miles. There's been a serious car accident. A car's in the drainage ditch just below me."

The operator confirms that help has been dispatched. I thank her and disconnect the phone.

I reach around in back of the seat and grab my leather jacket off the hook. I know I have a flashlight in my luggage. I shove my cell phone in the pocket. I nod, coming to the only decision I can really make. Yeah, the storm may take help too long to arrive. Right now I may be the only help for those passengers in the Ford.

I turn off the ignition and pocket the keys, putting on the parking brake for good measure. Then I exit the car and hurry to the trunk to retrieve my flashlight.

xXx

The ditch bank is wet, the grass slippery and muddy. I skid and fall once on the way down, soaking my jeans even more than they're already wet from the rain, and adding mud to the mix as well. I get back up and use gravity to more or less walk down to where the Ford rests, halfway on its side, passenger side up, against the embankment.

As soon as I get close I hear barking. Barking? Oh...shit. That car at the rest stop had been a late model Ford. I rush forward as quickly as the muddy ground will allow, my flashlight beam sweeping the car windows. Sure enough, the little, blonde colored dog I saw earlier is jumping around in the back seat, barking loudly. My mind flashes instantly to my memory of the young blonde-haired girl and I train my light on the passenger side window. I can just make out her head lying against the window. Crap. Late model car, no airbags.

I come up against the rear bumper of the car and brace my foot and hand on the side, pulling myself along until I reach the back window. The dog throws himself against the door, barking furiously. Well obviously, he's fine. He must have been on the floor of the rear seat when they went over the embankment. I get a good look at the dog's face now. It's one of those pushed in...it's a French bulldog. My mind clicks...whirring through my memories...Crossroads, Maine...town gossip...tea with Susanna Abnernathy...little French bulldog snorting around my ankles...

"Hey, Babar," I call through the window at the fearless little Frenchie. "You probably don't remember me..." He barks like hell. "Then again...well at any rate...hang on...I'm here to help," I assure him.

'God, it's Susanna Abernathy' runs through my mind as I reach the side of the car where the young girl's head rests against the glass.

"Granddaughter?" I whisper to myself as I tug on the passenger door. Shit. Locked. My flashlight shows me a bit of movement as the girl stirs. I knock on the glass with the handle of the light.

"Miss...uh...hey...are you awake? Can you hear me?"

The girl lifts her head slowly off the glass and stares at me, confusion and fear in her eyes for a moment.

"Can you move? Don't move if you hurt anywhere," I call again.

"I can move," she replies, her eyes showing hope, "Help us...help my grandmom," she adds, tremulously.

"Yeah...I'm gonna help you all. Can you roll down the window?" I ask her again.

"Ok," she replies in a shaky voice. The window inches down and then it rolls down all the way.

"Hey, my name is uh...Fox...what's your's?" I ask as I reach over and unlock the door.

"Amelia...this is Babar," she replies, shaking. "Shut up, Babar," she calls out in a much stronger voice. The excited dog stops barking completely and sits staring wall-eyed at us from the back seat. I almost laugh out loud because he's still managing to sit solidly despite the car's crazy angle.

"Do you think anything's broken, Amelia?" I ask her, looking at her arms and legs in my flashlight beam.

"Nothing hurts at all. Well...my head a little but I feel ok," she nods. I put the flashlight on her face and watch her pupils as she blinks in the light. They look fine so I think she doesn't have a head injury either. She probably just got stunned when her head hit the window.

"All right," I reply, breathing a sigh of relief.

She glances over at her grandmother.

"Oh...no," she exclaims, her voice bordering on panic. The Frenchie jumps off the back seat and sticks his head up between the front seats, snuffling her arm to comfort her.

"What?" I ask, craning to look at the older woman.

"There's blood," she whispers, looking back at me. Her face is pale. I take her hand and squeeze it.

"It'll be ok. I called 911 before I came down here," I reply.

I'm torn between opening the door and taking her out to get at the older woman or waiting. There is a chance that Amelia is injured and doesn't know it due to shock. If I move her I could injure her further. Also, dragging her out into the cold rain isn't a great idea either. She's getting wet as it is, with the window cranked down. As I mull over what to do, Susanna Abernathy groans.

"Grandmom! Grandmom!" Amelia exclaims, stretching in her seat belt to grab at the older woman.

"Easy, don't jolt her around," I admonish Amelia quickly.

She pulls back and her grandmother rises slowly into a sitting position. I can see where the blood is coming from at that point. There's a cut on her forehead and her nose is bleeding heavily from impacting with the steering wheel. Broken nose for sure. Possible concussion.

"Mrs. Abernathy, don't move. You've been in a car accident. Amelia and Babar are fine. You've been injured. Try to keep still," I tell her in a calm voice. She raises a hand to her face, coughing.

"Bloody hell," she curses, wiping at the blood. I shut my eyes briefly in relief at hearing that strong Australian accented voice.

"I called 911. Help's on the way," I assure her, rain running down my face and into my mouth. I spit it out on the ground and look back into the car at her.

Susanna Abernathy turns her head slowly and blinks at me.

"Don't I know you, young man?" she queries, raising a blood-caked eyebrow.

"I'm Fox..." I begin to reply.

She nods a little and then grimaces, but her answer is strong and I chuckle at her reply.

"Mulder. Took two lumps and lemon," she states matter-of-factly as Babar gives a woof to voice his confirmation of her statement's accuracy.

xXx

Sunday, September 19, 1999. 1:30 AM. Dragon's Roost. Crossroads, Maine.

- tria juncta in uno.

The candlelit windows of Dragon's Roost are finally framed in my windshield as I pull the Olds around the bend and into the straight-a-way leading up to the drive. As I pull into the driveway and up in back of the Jeep I glance at myself in the rearview mirror. A flash of lightning accommodates me and I can see my reflection clearly for a moment. Ugh. Long enough. Hell...I look like shit warmed over.

The paramedics gave me some towels to dry off with but they didn't do much good. I'm wet, muddy and look like a strung out adrenaline junkie. Well...at least I'm here safe and sound. Yeah, there was no other way than to go down to that wreck and help out even though I look like I rolled around in a pig sty again in the process. Mrs. Abernathy will be fine after treatment for a broken nose and mild concussion. Amelia and Babar checked out fine at the scene and traveled in the ambulance with Susanna to the hospital. Yeah, even Babar. He got to ride on Amelia's lap. So once they were all squared away, I split for Dragon's Roost with a minimum of fanfare. No sense in drawing attention to myself. The paramedics acted as if FBI agents routinely called them to the scene of car accidents and that was as it should be. After all, I really was just doing my job just like they were. So, the word 'hero' wasn't applied or bandied about and I'm heartily glad it wasn't to be honest.

I shrug as I glance out the window and up at the house, concentrating on braking, putting the car in park and cutting the ignition. It's still pouring out. I sit there for a second, in the parked car, steeling myself against another drenching. This time my leather coat is hanging, heavy and soaked behind the driver's seat so I'm going under fire, sans any kind of protection. I set my shoulders, pocket the car keys, unsnap the seat belt and open the car door. 'On the count of three,' I mumble. I mentally count off and then push the door wide, dashing for the house with a quick shove to slam the car door behind me. I run as fast as my mud encased shoes will carry me and just as I gain the porch, the door opens.

"I thought I heard a...Oh my God!" Scully exclaims in shock as she gets her first look at me in the beam of her flashlight. "Mulder...what happened?" she adds, gesturing me inside. Her hands clutch at my arm as she helps me to stagger over the threshold in my clumsy weighted down sneakers. I stare at my feet so that I don't slip.

"Dana!?" Walter calls quickly from upstairs. He appears at the top of the landing and hurries downstairs, drawn to jog down to the door due to the alarm in her voice.

I walk in past Scully and stand there in the entrance area, dripping mud and dirty water onto the wooden floor. Scully shuts the door and holds the flashlight on me as Walter reaches our side.

"Holy hell...what happened!?" Walter growls, coming instantly to me. He stands awkwardly for a moment and then takes my jaw, moving my head gently up to look at me closely.

"There was a car accident," I manage to get out as I wipe at the water that's streaming from my hair down my face. Walter removes his hand and steps back as Scully moves in.

"Dear God...are you all right?" Scully replies, her brow furrowing. She begins a businesslike examination of me, tilting my head up to look into my eyes first. I notice her hands shaking a little. I take her hands and still them.

"What happened, Mulder?" Walter repeats, his tone AD perfect as he runs down the hallway to the downstairs bathroom. He's back in an instant with a large bath towel which he hands me.

"I'm fine, really. I wasn't in the accident. Susanna Abernathy and her granddaughter ran off the road into the drainage ditch about 7 miles outside of town. They ran off the road right in front of me so I stopped to help," I reply, accepting the towel from Walter with a nod of thanks. He steps back, his hands on his hips to survey the damage while Scully ignores my assessment of my condition and continues to look me over, touching and probing at me.

"What?" Scully asks, pulling back, her face shocked.

"Christ. Are they all right?" Walter queries, his eyebrows raised.

"They'll be fine according to the paramedics. Mrs. Abernathy had a broken nose and minor concussion. Amelia was just bruised and shook up. Babar was fine," I inform them, wiping my head off with the towel.

"Did it take them long to arrive after you called 911?" Scully asks.

"I was worried it would. I figured you know...with the storm, help might take a while to get there. So, I went down the embankment to see if I could administer aid first. The ditch was uh...muddy," I reply, giving a wry twitch of my lips.

"No shit," Walter comments with a slight gruff chuckle. I look up at him and see the approval mixed with love and concern for me showing in his face despite the reply. I grin a little and he grins back as I straighten my shoulders at his pride over my actions.

"At any rate, everything turned out well...the paramedics gave me the once over, pronounced me fit, and I drove on here," I finish, glancing down at my feet. There's a trail of dirty footprints from the door as well as a growing scummy pool of water where I'm standing. I look up at them both, and scrunch up my face.

"Guys...I don't think this is working," I advise, holding the towel up.

Scully looks up at me and then without any hesitation, steps close and hugs me around the waist.

"Whoa...you're gonna get soaked," I mumble, pleased despite the fact she's getting filthy.

"God, Mulder...you could have been killed," she replies softly, hugging me fiercely to her.

After a second of watching, Walter steps almost shyly forward and gathers us both close in a bear hug, Scully between him and me. We stand like that for a moment, breathing quietly and then Walter steps back.

"Listen...why don't you two go upstairs to the master bedroom and clean up. I'll take care of the mess down here," he advises.

Scully nods, and smiles at us both.

"Yes...I guess I'd better change as well," she replies ruefully, looking down at her mud smeared jeans and T-shirt.

"Your luggage in the car, babe?" Walter asks.

"Yeah, uh..."

"I'll get it. Dennis and Phil have umbrellas in there," he replies, gesturing with his head towards the hall closet. "It'll only take me a few minutes. I'll bring it up."

"Ok. My leather coat's in the back seat, Walter. It's a write-off I think. But if you could bring it in, maybe I can wipe it down tomorrow...I mean today... or well whatever," I reply, yawning a little.

"Sure. We'll see what we can do with it later," he replies giving me a small grin.

"Come on, Boy Wonder. I think you could use a hot shower," Scully advises.

"Yes, ma'am," I smile and nod, toeing off my muddy sneakers so I can leave them in the hallway on the boot rack there.

xXx

The hot shower water sluices down my body and I shake off like a wet dog under the spray. I brace my hands against the wall and let the hot jet wash over my loosening neck muscles. Man...I was still tense. I've been in here for what seems like forever, and finally the water is doing its work. Yes, it's relaxing, but I feel fatigue creeping through me to replace the tenseness. I swear inwardly as sleep threatens to claim my body.

Damn it. Here I am at last, with my two lovers and I'm dead on my feet. Figures, I grumble mentally. I reach forward and flip the lever that sends the water back down to the tap so I don't scald or freeze my nuts off and then I turn the faucets, stopping the water's flow. When I turn to open the shower stall door, Scully opens it for me and I step out into a huge, fluffy white bath towel. She's changed into her pajamas and robe now and looks simply beautiful.

"Thanks," I smile as she wraps the terry cloth around me. She steps back but I reach and pull her close, the towel falling to the floor. I draw her into my embrace and hug her, snuffling her hair. "Better with no mud," I comment. She chuckles.

She pushes me back a little and looks up into my face, smiling.

"Better and better," she replies quietly.

I bend and kiss her gently, and then a little more passionately as she opens her mouth to allow our tongues to meet and entwine. The swell of emotion goes right to my head, making me a little dizzy.

There's a cough at the bathroom door. I let go of Scully like a guilty kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar and sway a little. Walter is standing in the doorway, three brandy snifters and a bottle of brandy in hand. He barks a laugh as I regain my balance.

"Busted, Boy Wonder," he laughs, his dark brown eyes flashing behind his glasses. "You should see your face."

I laugh and so does Scully. I can tell he's pleased to see us together. I can also tell he's pleased to see me standing here buck naked. His eyes take us both in and he grins that lazy grin that tells me all's right with Walter. Very right indeed.

"Well I thought Batman was gonna maybe kick my ass for snogging Batwoman," I retort, teasing. I bend to pick up the towel. Scully steps back and covers her mouth to suppress a case of the giggles as I stand back up.

"'Kicking' your ass wasn't what I had in mind," Walter replies in that low, deep voice that sends shivers right up my spine. I look over at him, longing in my face, and he studies me for a moment. "But...right now...I think a brandy and bed are in order...sleep I mean," he qualifies as he gestures with his head back into the bedroom. "I'll pour these...when you're done, come on out," he adds, kindly, leaving the doorway, and shutting the door behind, so that Scully and I can have our privacy.

I look down at the towel in my hands, a crestfallen look on my face. Scully walks back over and stands in front of me. I look at her with disappointment. I can't help it, I want them both so much. I reach over and stroke Scully's arm.

"Mulder...you're exhausted. I don't think Walter expects you to...uh...well I didn't expect you to follow through on that kiss, either. Fox...you can hardly stand up," Scully tells me tenderly.

I sag into myself a little and nod. Yeah, she's right. The adrenaline rush is over and I'm practically collapsing with the aftereffects.

"Yeah, you're right. I have to get some rest," I reply, nodding.

"There's still plenty of time," she assures me, stroking my bicep. "Dry off now, I'll bring you some underwear," she adds, leaving my side.

"Scully?" I interject before she reaches the door.

"Yes?" she asks, turning to look at me.

"Thanks...thanks for being here...and...well...just thanks," I reply, fatigue making my attempt to express my depth of feeling for her clumsy.

She smiles and I almost melt into the floor under the love I see in her eyes. She exits the bathroom and I bring the towel up to my head and scrub at my hair. As I work the towel down my body, the vanity bulbs pop back on, bathing the room in bright light. I hear a double cheer go up from the other room. I smile and blow out the candle that glows before me on the vanity top.

xXx

Clad in my boxer briefs, I follow Scully out of the bathroom. She follows me and the first thing I spot is my luggage piled neatly in one corner. No leather jacket but maybe Walter left that hanging downstairs to dry. We both spot Walter picking up the discarded bed comforter from the floor. I'd noticed it earlier when we'd come into the bedroom. Scully blushed slightly. There was dried semen on it. She and Walter had been in the process of changing it when they thought they heard a car in the driveway.

Walter wads up the thick fabric and tucks the comforter under his arm. He exits the bedroom with practiced aplomb, to go downstairs, I expect to the laundry room.

"Brandy snifters on the dresser," he tosses back over his shoulder.

"We'll wait for you, big guy," I call after him.

Scully picks up the fresh, Prussian Blue colored comforter from the end of the bed.

"Let me help you with that," I offer, going to her side.

"Thanks," she replies, a little shyly.

I take a side of the comforter and we draw it out and over the king-size bed. With a flick of our wrists it floats down and covers the blanket and sheets. Scully busies herself with smoothing it out and I watch her economical hand movements over the blue surface.

"Scully...it's ok, you know," I comment quietly, watching the top of her red head as she bends to her task and avoids looking at me.

"What?" she asks, her head tipping up to look at me. Her face is in confusion.

"You don't have to be embarrassed," I venture, sitting down on the side of the bed and watching her straighten up to stare at me.

I could tell that my seeing the bedspread earlier is still making her uncomfortable. I just want to assure her that I'm not worried in the least or uncomfortable with the idea that she and Walter were together. I mean...so what if I saw the evidence. There's nothing to be squeamish about. After all, Walter found that huge hickey she left on my thigh that time. No, there's no reason for her to be shy about having sex with Walter. I smile at her. Scully's about to answer when Walter comes back into the room.

"Embarrassed about what?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

Both Scully and I look at the comforter almost unconsciously and then back up at him.

"Oh," he replies. "Well...yeah..." he lets his voice trail off and his ears go bright red as the discomfort he's been trying to hide finally can't be contained any longer.

Scully starts to giggle and then she laughs, sputtering as she does so. Walter and I crack up after her and then all three of us laugh like hell. It feels so good to let it all out. We laugh until we're breathless and any tension, embarrassment or doubt flow away with our shared good humor.

"So...now that, that's settled..." Walter says at last, catching his breath.

"Now...that, that's settled, let's have that brandy and then, Mulder...to bed...I mean it," Scully lectures, wagging her finger at me.

"Yeah, babe. You look like something the cat played with real hard and then dragged in," Walter chimes in as he crosses to the dresser.

"For once...I'll agree with you both," I reply, suppressing a yawn.

"Call Ripley's," Scully retorts, dryly, getting up to join Walter. I chuckle and follow her to the dresser. All three of us pick up our snifters. We perform the obligatory swish and sniff...and then we pause.

"Toast?" I suggest, glancing from Walter to Scully. Scully looks at Walter as well.

"Yes...Uh..." Walter begins and then pauses for a second. "Ah...all right. 'Dum vivimus vivimus'," he rumbles, lifting his snifter.

Scully smiles gently.

"While we live, let us live. Very appropriate," she adds quietly.

"Excellent," I reply. "May I offer another?" I ask.

Walter inclines his head in my direction and Scully gestures at me with her snifter.

I smile.

"Tria juncta in uno," I pronounce, lifting my snifter.

Walter and Scully barely think a moment and then I see the slow grins spread on both their faces.

"Three joined in one," they chorus and then we all three clink glasses.

The brandy goes down smooth as always, and all three of us savor the liquid as it warms us thoroughly.

I put the snifter back down on the dresser and suddenly yawn wide.

"Sorry," I grin weakly. My eyes feel so heavy I can barely keep them open now.

"Sleep," Walter orders, pointing towards the bed.

"I hear you," I agree, raising my hand in acquiescence.

I leave their side and cross over to the bed, climbing in and pulling the sheets, blanket and comforter up around me. Walter picks up his snifter and mine and Scully picks up hers. As I watch, my head heavy and eyes closing, Scully places her hand around Walter's arm and pulls him towards the bedroom door.

"Shhh. Let him stretch out and rest," I hear her whisper to him. Walter grunts his assent and both my lovers quietly walk out of the bedroom as I drift off to sleep, the sound of rain a distant, lighter drumming on the window pane.

xXx

My mind works its way through a pleasant haze of contented warmth and peace as I wake in the king-sized bed in the master bedroom at Dragon's Roost. I become aware, senses coming into play in a jumble of impressions as my brain kicks into gear.

I don't hear rain. Good. I hear...gentle breathing at my back...I smell...a spicy-citrus musk aroma...Oh, very good....I feel...a warm, wall at my back and a solid, muscular arm slung across my middle...I feel...a hard cock pressed against my ass. Walter. I turn slowly under the arm and I'm met by Walter's brown eyes, still soft with sleep, but deeply beautiful.

"Hey," he smiles at me.

"Hey," I echo back. "What time is it?" I ask, shifting to look over him at the clock radio.

"Around 12:30," he replies, before I get a look at the clock.

He flexes a leg under the sheets and out of my way as I lie back down. I blink at him a little owlishly and then nod. No problem. I guess I got my sleep. Yeah, and I needed it. I feel much better.

"I didn't hear you come in," I reply, blinking some more to drive the sleep out of my eyes.

"You weren't supposed to," he replies, wryly.

I grin a little and toy with the medallion on his chest. Then it suddenly occurs to me as I come fully awake that I'm staring at one third of our relationship. I glance around, my forehead creasing.

Walter chuckles.

"She's downstairs, babe. We...went back downstairs earlier and uh..."

"Flipped a coin?" I venture, chuckling myself.

"That would have worked too, maybe. But no. Scully suggested she'd hogged me enough over the last couple of days. This was her idea...although I wasn't going to disagree. Besides, to be honest, she's a little tired too. I came up here to play bed warmer and left her with a cup of tea and Stephen King in the guest bedroom downstairs," he replies, giving me a small grin.

"Does Tabitha King know?" I retort. He raises an eyebrow and I laugh.

"Scully was asleep with his novel on her stomach and the tea on the night stand," he replies, giving me the look.

"So, she's uh...down below us?" I confirm, studying his face. I see his pupils dilate and my mouth falls into a slow smile heavy with implications.

"Yeah," Walter replies, grinning back.

"Then I guess we'd better be as quiet as we can," I murmur as I move forward and take his head in my hands.

I press my lips to his and he opens his mouth, devouring mine with such ferocity I almost lose my breath and my tongue. I grab him convulsively and pull him over on top of me. He lands between my legs, scrabbling to grab at the waist of my boxer briefs. One hard yank and an arching of my hips, and the briefs are off and somewhere on the floor. The bedding gets kicked back in a storm of flying arms and legs.

Walter splays out over me, grabbing my hands and stretching them over my head as he slams his mouth down over mine again. Our lips and hips meet simultaneously and then his erection grinds against my rapidly hardening cock with long, sure thrusts.

He lets go of my mouth finally and I gasp as I look up into his fiercely handsome, aroused face.

"Oh Jesus, Jesus," I whisper as he humps against me.

He grunts, half chuckling, half moaning and I bite my lip to keep from crying out with the raw, primitive, seething emotions I see in his eyes. My cock swells between us and I groan with every pass his makes over it.

"Yeah...get it up for me, baby," he hisses as he licks and sucks at my nipples.

"Oh fuck...oh...fuck me," I moan, starting to pant.

"You want me?" he grunts, rocking back to look down into my face.

"Up my ass," I spit out through clenched teeth.

He rolls off me, quickly reaches for the night stand, fumbles with a drawer and fishes around coming up with a partly used tube of KY Jelly. Thank God Dennis and Phil keep things handy, runs through my mind as Walter rolls back over and goes up on his knees.

"Do you want me to use a rubber?" he asks, panting. I get his meaning without him mentioning why, and shake my head no.

I pull my knees up and he slides his knees up under my ass. Picking up the tube of KY he squeezes the slick onto his right hand, warms it up and moves his hand down between my ass cheeks. In no time at all he has two fingers up me and moving in and out in a nice, smooth rhythm. I rock below him, struggling hard not to moan loudly as he works both fingers in deep. My cock comes completely to attention and bobs with each thrust of his fingers up my ass.

"Uhhh," I grunt. "Do it....come on, put it in," I hiss as quietly as I can.

He squeezes out more KY and slicks up his cock. Not even stopping to wipe his hands off, he grabs for my legs and I help him by raising them when his hands slip off. Somehow we manage to get my legs over his shoulders and his cock on target. I crane to watch as he places the head of his cock at my anus and thrusts. The head pops in, he grabs my hips and levers up on the balls of his feet to gain leverage.

"Yes...Oh yeah," I exclaim as he moves slowly into me. I look up and watch him clench his teeth, his neck muscles, tightening a little as he pushes forward.

"God damn that's good," Walter grunts, looking down at me, his mouth opening as he pants at the sensation of my ass taking him in deep. He breathes heavily and shifts forward, supporting himself over me on his hands. He gives his hips one last firm thrust.

I nod and pant, arching my head back and my hips up to take him as deep as I can. Oh man...oh...Christ. I love his cock.

As soon as he's seated in up to his balls we start to move together, rocking slowly at first but then quickly picking up the pace. I reach forward and take my cock in hand so Walter can just concentrate on thrusting up my ass and balancing above me. We watch each other, smiling and then grimacing as pure, unadulterated lust overtakes our minds and our bodies go on autopilot. I gaze at him, mesmerized as his medallion rises up and down, up and down, beating a tiny thudding tattoo on his chest with each piston of his hips against my ass. I shift to look up into his face transfigured by passion as his cock withdraws and then plunges into me again, and again and again.

I love seeing Walter like this...lost in the moment. Out of control. An animal rutting in the most primal way possible and enjoying every minute of it. Like a great beast...the King of all beasts...grunting, straining, moaning and sweating above me, his cock inside me, possessing me. He owns me then, but I possess him as well. Holding him in thrall as we pleasure each other. We're both master and slave, giver and receiver of ecstasy in this joining.

I watch as Walter's eyes show me the true, pure fire of his soul. His eyes are almost black as his face, neck and muscular upper chest all flush red with his approaching orgasm. Sweat breaks out over his torso. A plump, rounded drop of perspiration runs from his temple down the side of his face and then down his taut neck muscles as he strains above me to complete us both.

I crank my cock, fisting myself faster as I feel the warm, full feeling pooling in my groin that tells me I'm close. Walter's thrusts grow erratic for a second and then he pounds into me fast and hard. I hold onto his forearm, my left hand clenching him tight.

"Fuck me!" I cry out urging him on, heedless of Scully or anyone who may be listening. He's beautiful...transcendental...and I can't hold back any longer.

"GGGod!" Walter groans loudly, his back arching and head thrown back. His balls pull up tight. "Fuck!" he grunts as his hips pump again and again against my bucking ass. I feel his warm semen filling me as he ejaculates. He shuts his eyes at last, riding out his orgasm as I watch from below, stilling my hand on my cock for a moment. God damn what a show.

I crank myself a few more times then and come, gasping, my voice cut off as my head snaps back. I shoot wildly, hitting myself in the chest and Walter's chin and chest as I lose control over my aim. My body arches up under my climaxing lover and I feel him push into me hard. We thrust together for a few moments longer and then both of us collapse in a heap on our sides, Walter's arms giving out at last.

Even then our hips move slowly together, rocking just a little longer as we savor the last few spasms. Finally we still, our breathing harsh in our ears. Walter gathers me close after a moment, his chest heaving.

"I love you," I murmur into his ear as he strokes my back. He nods, kissing and nuzzling my neck. We lie quietly for a few minutes until our breathing returns to normal and then Walter reaches down and holding his flaccid dick, pulls out.

We disentangle our legs and I roll onto my back. I slant my head to the side and touch his hip gently as he rolls over and props himself up on an elbow next to me. He strokes my cheek and I take his hand, kissing his palm.

"You ok?" he inquires, flicking his eyes towards my ass.

"Oh, yeah," I nod, smiling at him. "But I think I could use a shower," I add ruefully, letting go of his hand, sitting up and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. I look down at my semen covered stomach and chest.

Walter chuckles and wipes the sweat from his scalp.

"I hear you," he comments, sitting up. I get up and start to walk towards the bathroom. "Go on in...I'll be there in a minute," he adds, stretching a little. I arch an eyebrow but continue on, entering the bathroom.

As I'm brushing my teeth, I hear Walter puttering around outside in the bedroom. The bedroom door opens and shuts and I can tell the bedroom is empty. Then I hear the bedroom open again.

"What the hell are you doing?" I call from in front of the mirror, laughing a little.

"Changing the sheets," he calls back in, putting on his surly voice.

I chuckle.

"Mr. Organized," I mumble to myself.

After I'm done brushing, I cross to the shower and turn it on. Just before I do, I hear water running downstairs. Walter appears in the doorway to the bathroom.

"Scully," I advise, nodding my head towards the floor.

"Up and at 'em," he observes walking in.

I reach in and turn on the shower.

"Maybe if we hurry we can finish before her and make some lunch," I suggest.

"Good idea," Walter replies, nodding as I step into the shower. He follows after me and shuts the shower door. We begin to soap ourselves up in a business-like fashion in order to get done as quickly as possible.

xXx

"Gentlemen," Scully greets Walter and I as she enters the kitchen.

"Madame," I grin at her from my post at the stove.

"Lunch is almost served," Walter replies as he sets the third plate on the kitchen table.

We showered and dressed in near record time and downstairs fast enough to heat up some homemade clam chowder we found frozen in the freezer. Walter nuked it first of course and then poured the contents of the container into a pot to heat it further on the stove. I started some grill cheese sandwiches and kept an eye on everything while Walter set the table.

He moved the champagne bucket aside. When we first came down I noticed the bucket right away and laughed with appreciation. Walter was pleased as well, although he told me he'd been upset over the condoms. He said Scully had been momentarily upset but recovered quite nicely. I would have been upset too if that had happened to me and Scully here. I think they handled it fine though. We stuck the condoms in a drawer in the kitchen and Walter made a mental note to leave Dennis and Phil a written note as to their location when we leave the house keys at the end of our stay.

During our lunch preparations, Scully took an extra long shower and we heard her pad upstairs to get fresh clothing. She was up there for a while too.

She looks exquisite now in the kitchen's afternoon light. I notice immediately that she's wearing a new bracelet. A very attractive new bracelet. Ah ha...that must be 'THE' bracelet. I catch Walter's eye and indicate the band on Scully's wrist. He twitches his lip up in a small grin and gives a self-deprecating shrug. I give him a thumbs up sign. He nods and turns back to the table.

"May I say you look quite fetching this afternoon?" I add, taking in Scully's form fitting black jeans and crisp white blouse.

"Thank you Eddie," she replies, suppressing a grin. I smirk at her. "And thank you for lunch...I imagine you're both as famished as I am," she adds, giving us a significant look.

"Ravenous," I reply, smiling. I can see Walter's ears turning a little red as he stands with his back to us, setting the last soup spoons next to a plate.

"You're welcome," he rumbles without turning. "And yeah...I could eat...F...a horse," he stumbles on the words.

I guffaw loudly and Walter turns around, his face turning pink. Scully takes it all in calmly, but gives Walter a smile that says, 'Yes...and what else do you have to say for yourself?'.

He chuckles and runs a large hand over his mouth.

"All right, look. Uh...sorry. I guess I need a few minutes of recovery time here. I mean a few minutes to...to get used to this situation," he shakes his head in bemusement. "I'm with you...I just need to get up to speed," he finishes.

"It's all right, Walter," Scully replies, giving him an understanding look. "I think we all need a few minutes to get used to things...and maybe we should have that little talk now," she adds, gently and quite practically.

Actually I have to agree. The sooner we all discuss any communication issues and ground rules the more comfortable I think we'll all feel.

"I agree," I reply promptly. "Walter, my man. Sit down and relax. I'll serve," I suggest. Both Walter and Scully do a small double take and then Walter smiles and so does she.

"I'll have coffee to drink," he replies indicating the coffeemaker we started earlier.

"Milk for me," Scully advises.

"Coming right up," I reply, turning the burner off under the grill cheese sandwiches and the soup.

xXx

We sit staring at each other over our bowls of soup and plates of sandwiches, eating in silence. I look from Scully to Walter and to Scully again and start to wonder when someone is going to start this little talk. There's an air of tension of course. The room fairly buzzes with it. I'm not sure, however, if that tension is because we haven't discussed the matter at hand. Or...if there really is a matter at hand at all anymore.

I consider that really, when it comes right down to it, perhaps they don't know where to begin. There's no need because we've all talked about it so much separately that the issue has really resolved itself through three different channels. Walter, Scully and I have all reached the same point of agreement in various discussion duets and now the whole matter is a dead issue which none of us know how to, or really want to resurrect. Finally I figure since we're all stuck on what to say, or where to begin, I'll take the big white elephant in front of us by the trunk and begin the conversation so I save them the trouble. I put my soup spoon down, clear my throat and start to speak.

"You should have told us," Scully interjects suddenly, beating me to the punch.

I swallow and look at her, nodding my head slowly.

"I know that Scully. I said I was totally wrong to not tell you and Walter that I was going to see my mother. I should have said something," I reply contritely. "I really am very sorry I didn't," I add.

"I think if we can just all agree that we'll be more forthright when it comes to issues that impact us as a...a triumvirate, the wheels will roll smoothly here," Walter interjects, swallowing the piece of sandwich he was chewing.

He puts his sandwich down and Scully and I turn to listen to him. It's a natural reaction and appropriate too really. I think Walter is both an acknowledged and unacknowledged leader in our group. The solid, stabilizing base part of this three sided arrangement because of his leadership abilities and talents as a mediator. He may falter at times such as when he doubted his love for Scully. But in the long run, he's going to anchor us and it's good to hear what he has to say.

"I made the mistake of not being honest with myself, you or Scully, and it caused us all a lot of grief. We have to avoid doing that any longer. I don't want either one of us to go through what I just went through or put us through it again. So...let's get things out on the table and discuss them when we think they may affect us all," he finishes in a quiet but intensely serious voice.

"Exactly," Scully agrees, laying a hand over Walter's where he has it splayed out on the tabletop. She reaches for my hand as well and gives both our hands a squeeze. "I understand that in both cases, there was a certain amount of protective instinct going on in this situation," she continues, releasing our hands. "In your case, Mulder, you were trying to protect our feelings so we'd have a relaxing time together and in Walter's case he just didn't want to hurt mine when..."

"And both lines of thought backfired," I interject, running a hand through my hair.

"Big time," Walter adds.

"You've both summed it up," she pulls back, smiling a little. "Listen...I think we've all come to the same conclusion here. Do we need any further discussion?" Scully finishes looking from me to Walter.

"Other than how we shouldn't baby you?" I reply giving her a raised eyebrow.

Walter chuckles.

Scully gives him the look too and he laughs harder, putting up his hands in a defensive gesture.

"Hey, I learned my lesson," he laughs.

She looks at me and I raise both my hands as well.

"In spades," I reply.

Scully laughs then as well.

"Oh, put your hands down...I'm just giving you a hard time. I realize we're in agreement here. I think we've all more than learned our lessons. I don't want to belabor the point. Let's let it go," she replies, taking up her glass of milk and taking a long drink out of it.

Walter nods, still chuckling.

I clear my throat and she looks at me over the edge of the glass, Walter stops chuckling and looks at me as well.

"Oh, I agree...no problem. It's just that I think...well...I think we need to set some more....ground rules for the rest of the weekend," I begin, getting to the other subject that's on my mind.

We have to talk about what's going to happen between us sexually here over the next 24 or so hours. From this point forward it's obvious that some form of coupling in different combinations is bound to happen unless I'm very much mistaken. I for one want that to happen between all three of us at some point. But...we need to make sure everyone is really ok with the matter. I don't want to suddenly have Walter nervous again...or Scully either. And yeah, ok...I had a little trepidation too over Walter catching me with Scully upstairs. I just don't want any misunderstandings or feelings of...being left out to sow discord or jealousy between us.

"Ground rules?" Walter asks, his brow furrowing.

"Yeah...this is kind of along the same lines as having us all communicate better,"

I continue. I look at Scully and she puts down her milk glass.

"As in...who's with who and..."

"Right. I think we need to make sure that no one misunderstands, feels slighted or...well to be blunt...we need to discuss who's doing who, or rather agree somehow on what we do when we want to make love and...well you get the point, I guess..." I let my voice trai, off, clearing my throat again, a little cowed now as they both stare at me.

Walter straightens, shifting in his chair.

"Well, I...I don't feel slighted," he observes.

I chuckle.

"Uh...I can understand that," I reply.

"You know what I mean," he gives me that tight-jawed look that tells me I'd better know. "We're adults here, Mulder...I think we can handle the...arrangements," he blusters, glancing at Scully.

"Now see...you're getting all...prissy," I huff a little. Then I laugh. "Sorry...look, I understand..."

"Mulder...I don't feel neglected either. I suggested Walter go upstairs to be with you. He missed you. I missed you too but...well...after the workout he gave me earlier...I had to get some sleep so..." Scully begins.

Walter looks at her, his mouth dropping open for a moment and then he starts to shake. Finally he bursts out in an explosive bark of laughter. Scully stares at him for a split-second and then breaks up as well and I soon follow. All three of us cackle like demented people for a few minutes. Tears are streaming down my face before we're done and finally all of us can't keep it up any longer. We sputter to a halt at last, wiping at watering eyes.

"I'm sorry," Walter coughs, catching his breath. "I just couldn't help laughing."

"Oh, Walter...really...it didn't quite come out right," Scully apologizes.

"Ah hell, don' t worry about it. Skip it," he replies, shaking his head in amusement.

"Yeah, you're a stud and you know it, big guy," I laugh, patting him on the shoulder.

Scully puts her head on her hands for a moment to compose herself.

"Hey, look. Why don't we just go with it and see what happens. I vote we finish lunch, clean up and then take a walk or something. Seriously. I do think we should check the outside of the house for storm damage," Walter suggests, realistically.

I nod. Scully's head comes up.

"Oh...good idea," she agrees, straightening and smoothing her hair back.

"Yeah, come on. I'll clean up the stove if you guys load the dishwasher," I volunteer. We get up in unison and tackle our appointed tasks.

xXx

"Shit, it's lucky it missed the deck," I observe as Walter, Scully and I survey the huge limb that fell from an old growth maple in the back of the house.

"And the garage," Scully observes, stepping around the end of the limb.

"Before we go, I'll see if they still have that chainsaw so I can clear this up. Phil used to keep it in the basement so if they needed it during a snowstorm for this same purpose they didn't have to get it out of the garage," Walter adds, standing with his hands on his hips.

All three of us made a complete circuit of the house and luckily there was no major damage. A few downed smaller limbs on the front lawn that were easily dragged to the road. Nothing fell on the cars which was good as well. The big limb in the back of the house was the only significant problem caused by the storm which is also thankfully completely gone from the area.

The sun's out and it's relatively warm, even for late afternoon. My leather jacket was still too wet to wear even though Walter had hung it by the smoldering fireplace last night. So, I borrowed his hooded sweatshirt to put over the T-shirt and the blue wool sweater that I wore. Scully put her hooded sweatshirt over an extra green sweater as well. I have to laugh. Both sweatshirts have the FBI logo on them. Oh well...hopefully we don't run into anyone else on the beach and if we do they don't ask too many questions. Walter is dressed in his leather coat, that off white fishermen's sweater that I know Scully has a real liking for...and tight faded jeans which are a particular favorite of mine. Like I said...Walter's a diplomat.

"You two warm enough?" he asks after a moment.

"I am. Scully?" I reply.

"I'm fine. Should we go down to the beach?"

"Let's go," Walter replies, turning to head down the path that leads away from the house.

I smile at Scully and walk over to her, stretching out my hand. She takes it almost a little shyly and I grin wider.

"Come on, Batwoman. Let's get sand in our shoes," I whisper. She smiles and follows as I lead her after Walter.

The beach is windswept from the storm, but it's beautiful. The earlier violence of the weather has been replaced with a calm that makes us all serene as we walk down the sand at the edge of the surf. There's no one else around since this is supposed to be a stretch of private beach, and gentle waves wash bits of flotsam and jetsam up around us as we leave a path of footprints in the smooth ground beneath our feet.

I put my arm around Scully and Walter walks ahead of us. We all walk slowly just enjoying the light wind at our backs and the warm sun on our faces. Walter stoops occasionally to pick up a rock or shell and examine it. A choice few go in his coat pocket. The rest he skims out over the surf or lobs like a shot-put by bouncing up on the balls of his feet and hurling with all his might. He looks ten years younger, relaxed, energetic and so handsome. I watch Scully watching him too and when she looks up at me we both smile in recognition of how good he looks.

Scully looks divine. Her normally porcelain white complexion is a little ruddy from the wind and the cooler temperature. Her hair shines in the sunlight, the blonde highlights glinting in amongst the red strands. Her blue eyes sparkle and dance and she hugs me tight as our steps fall almost in unison. She looks young, fresh, alive and untroubled. I hope beyond hope that as she looks at me I look the same because I feel it...I feel so alive. Alive and in love with her and with Walter.

We come to an outcropping that I know I've seen before. I remember dragging Walter into an alcove in this rocky area one night and kissing him senseless. I smile, and give Scully a little tug. She gasps in surprise as I haul her off into the rocks and hug her tight.

She laughs as she sees what's coming and I slant my mouth down on hers, kissing her with all the passion I feel for her in that moment. I draw her back deeper into the alcove, deepening the kiss at the same time and she moans. I hold her head in my hands and she rests her hands on my hips as we sway together.

Our tongues duel for a few moments and then I break the kiss, to allow my hands to play down over her breasts.

"Mulder..." she begins to protest breathlessly. I press my lips to hers again and she struggles, half giggling to speak around them as my hands stroke her back and ass. "Anyone could see us," she sputters.

I release her mouth and grin down into her beautifully aroused face.

"I know. That's what makes public sex so much fun. The idea that you'll get caught," I whisper, bending to suck on her neck. "It's naughty, Scully. Come on...be naughty with me," I add, nuzzling her.

"It might not be as private a beach as you think," she warns, her hands stroking my back.

"Yeah, you never know," I mumble against her.

"Mulder...we met Amelia and Babar down here the other day..." she continues.

I stop a moment and pull back to look into her face. There's a little hesitation mixed in with the mischief and desire in her eyes.

I smile gently to reassure her.

"Are you really concerned? We can stop and go back. But....under the circumstances...I don't think we'll see either of them," I reply, stroking her hair back from her face. "But...if you tell me to stop...I'll stop," I add, caressing her cheek.

"Well...they admitted they were trespassing....and didn't normally come up here. And besides, after the accident they may be resting at home," she demurs as I continue to study her face. If this makes her uncomfortable and she asks me to take her back to the house, I will - no question. But from the look in her eyes, and the small, wry smile on her mouth, I don't think that's going to happen.

"Uh huh. So, we don't have to worry about them. Besides, Walter can play lookout," I murmur, bending again to suck on the warm skin below her earlobe.

"You may have a point," she sighs, sagging against me with a throaty chuckle of pleasure.

Right on cue a shadow falls across the opening at the front of the alcove in the rocks. I look up under my eyelashes at the figure's black outline where it's backlit by the sun. The unmistakable broad shoulders and bearing tell me it's Walter standing in back of Scully. He steps forward slightly and I can see his face in the shadows. He's smiling and I smile around Scully's warm skin.

"I hope that's Walter," she whispers, her voice hoarse with passion.

"And no one else," he rumbles a gruff chuckle having obviously caught part of our conversation.

She stretches one hand back towards Walter as I move up and kiss her hungrily. He takes that for the signal it is and steps forward, pressing against her back and trapping her between us.

Scully moans into my mouth as Walter works his arms under hers and brings his hands up to toy with her breasts. I glance into his eyes and see the arousal there. I nod a little to let him know all's well and go back to the pleasure of plundering Scully's lips.

Scully begins to rock against me, rubbing herself against my cock and I groan, pulling back from the kiss. Walter is rubbing her nipples and kissing the back of her neck. He moves to the side of her throat, just below her ear and she arches her neck.

"Oh God," she whispers, as Walter rocks against her ass. "Please," she whispers.

I settle back a little and stroke her cheek. There's really not enough space in here to insert Tab A into Slot B but I can think of something she'll certainly like. I glance at Walter and he seems to divine my intent. He continues to stroke her nipples and breasts, kneading them gently and then more firmly.

"When I do this, do you feel it in your cunt?" he rasps, his voice low and enticing.

Christ, I feel my cock jump in my jeans at the husky, commanding voice.

"Yes," Scully breathes out, her nostrils flaring as she tilts her head back against Walter's chest.

Walter rolls her nipples between his fingers. They look like white chocolate kisses on the front of her white hooded sweatshirt.

"Does it make you wet?" he continues, licking her neck and then blowing on the spot where his tongue lapped her skin. She shivers.

"Yes," she moans, swallowing and rocking against me where I hold her hips and grind my cock against her as close to her clit as I can get it.

Walter smiles lazily, showing teeth. He moves her sweatshirt aside, exposing more of her neck, and then he gently bites into her neck just at the spot where it meets her body. She whines, biting her lip to stifle the sound. He glances up at me and I shudder. God, he's going to make me come in my pants in a minute if he keeps this up. I still my hips against Scully and Walter takes his mouth off her neck giving me a knowing smile.

"Mulderrr..." he purrs. "Mulderrr wants to feel how wet," he replies, grinning at me.

"Oh God, yes," she whispers.

I reach down between us and unbutton her jeans, my hands shaking a little with my own excitement. Her fly unzips easily however, and I insinuate my hand down the front of her panties. She's wet all right. Soaking, and when my hand cups her sex she arches up into my palm with a little moan. I can smell the heat of her. The aroma that's uniquely feminine. Uniquely Scully. It smells very much like the salty tang of the air wafting into my nose from the sea. I bend forward slightly and sniff, filling my senses with the essence of the woman I love. I kiss her, sucking on her lips taking her small moans onto my tongue.

Walter continues to rub her tits, his harsh breath causing strands of her hair to blow up around her cheek. I stop kissing her, and begin to stroke her folds and her clit with my hand, working out a nice steady rhythm. Walter continues to whisper in her ear.

"You're beautiful, Dana. A Goddess. The woman that any man...every man desires," he rumbles. Scully pants as I pick up the pace of my hand. She rocks against me in perfect counterpoint to my caresses.

"An angel, Scully," Walter purrs. "And do you know who you belong to, Dana? Who do you belong to?" he asks, cupping both her breasts completely, pushing them up together and kneading them so she groans deep in her throat.

"I belong...I belong..." she chokes out.

"You belong to yourself, Dana. No one else. We just share your beautiful soul. We're privileged to give you this pleasure," he murmurs at last, bending his lips to suck on her neck.

"Come for us, Dana," I whisper intensely. "Come for all of us," I add, pumping her clit hard.

"Ohhhh," she moans again.

I thrust two fingers inside her and stroke up towards the front of her body, seeking her G-spot. She gasps and I rub my fingers over the spot that elicited her exhalation of breath. I feel her abdominal muscles tighten against my forearm and then she arches up, her spine like a bow, her head tight against Walter's chest as she comes.

"Angel," Walter mumbles, holding her against him as I take her hip in one hand and work my fingers in and out of her, drawing my palm over her clit and folds as I do. Her mouth opens in a silent scream and her eyes shut tight as she shudders between us.

"I love you," I murmur.

Walter kisses her neck again and she sags against me, moaning, her chest heaving under her sweatshirt. I remove my hand quickly as she jerks a little, and Walter relinquishes his hold and stands still, his hands resting on her shoulders for a moment. Finally, he smoothes her hair back from her face and then strokes her shoulders.

She leans against me, breathing heavily, and I feel her kiss my chest.

"I love you both," she whispers into the FBI logo below her lips.

Walter rubs between her shoulder blades and then steps away.

"We should go back," he whispers hoarsely, looking down. In the light that hits his glasses suddenly, I can see a tear run down his cheek.

Scully nods against my chest.

"Yeah...let's go have some of that champagne," I reply, my voice rough with emotion.

xXx

After we return to the house and hang up our outer gear, Walter and Scully head into the kitchen. I take a detour to the downstairs bathroom to take care of business. Lucky for me the cold walk back curbed my erection. I'd have had to wait to piss and waiting wasn't a comfortable option by that point. After I exit the can, I stop by the thermostat and turn the heat up a little because it seems a little chilly in the house. Finally, I join them in the kitchen. Walter is grabbing the champagne out of the fridge. I go for the ice cubes in the freezer. I also snag a couple of cold packs I find frozen in amongst the food.

Scully, her breath back to normal, but her face still rosy from the cold and her orgasm, takes the party favors out of the ice bucket and places them on the kitchen table. By silent tacit agreement. The food stays where it is for now. We just ate...but more than that...the food will just be a distraction.

I take the bucket from her and fill it with the ice cubes and freezer packs. We make small-talk, bantering lightly, teasing and joking as we get everything together. Walter plunks the champagne into the bucket and I head off to the liquor cabinet to get some champagne glasses.

When I return, Walter has Scully in his embrace and they're kissing gently. She runs her hands up and down his back as he cradles her close. I stop and stare transfixed at the obvious tenderness he shows her. He's so large and she looks so delicate in his arms. They break apart when they realize I'm standing there and I smile at them. They both smile back and separate, making reflexive gestures of smoothing down their hair and clothing. Walter adjusts his glasses as I put the champagne glasses down on the table.

We stand back and stare at each other for a moment.

I clear my throat.

"I guess you know," I begin in a quiet voice, not taking my eyes off the champagne bottle. "I guess you know I want you both. Uh...what I'm saying is...I want us to share each other, make love together as a threesome. I...this means so much to me. But...but I don't want to assume that it's what you both want. I made that mistake once before and it hurt you both. So...if either of you wants to bow out of this idea...please...say so now. I won't take offense, and believe me...I'll live with it. I've come a long way since that first time in Crossroads last summer. I...well..." I stop, unable to go on. The emotions are too overwhelming and I look up at them both, tears in my eyes.

"I want this too," Walter replies without hesitation, nodding curtly, but his eyes soft and glowing with love for me.

"I do too," Scully murmurs, smiling gently into my eyes.

"Thank you," I reply simply.

"You take the glasses, Boy Wonder," Walter responds, his lips twitching into a grin.

"Yes, sir," I reply, grinning. I pick up the glasses, Walter brings the bucket and we move single file out of the kitchen, Scully leading.

Once we're upstairs, Walter puts the champagne bucket on the night stand by the bathroom side of the bed, and I place the glasses next to the bucket.

"Do you want to do the honors?" Scully suggests, smiling at Walter and indicating the bottle.

"Sure," he replies. "I need to get a hand towel or something though," he observes. "Be right back," he adds, turning and heading for the bathroom.

Scully watches Walter go, her face so open that I can't help staring at her as she stands there next to the bed, hugging her arms to her. God, she's hot for him. I find myself becoming re-excited at the idea. After we got back from the beach and up until this point maybe I was a little nervous still and my ardor had remained diminished by my worry. But I feel my cock stir in my pants again as I watch Scully unconsciously lick her lips as Walter enters the bathroom. She blinks and refocuses.

"He's got a great ass, doesn't he?" I whisper as she turns towards me. She arches an eyebrow. I wag my finger at her. "Honesty is supposed to be the best policy, Scully. Come on now," I add, giving her a grin.

"He's got a great ass," she sighs with contentment, turning away to pick up one of the champagne glasses. She hands it to me. "He's also...Mulder...he's more special than I ever realized. I had no idea..." she lets her voice trail off into a gentle smile.

I nod my head and take the glass from her hand.

"He grows on you," I reply, giving her a return smile. She chuckles.

"Exactly," she nods.

Scully toes off her shoes and gets comfortable. I do the same and we both place our shoes under the chair next to the bed. We're moving back to the night stand when we hear the toilet flush and then water running in the sink. The water stops in a moment and then Walter returns with the hand towel.

"Ok, here we go," he comments, taking the bottle out of the bucket. He wipes it off and then points the bottle away. "Just in case the cork goes wild," he adds with a wry twitch of his lips.

"You want us to be ready with all the glasses?" I ask, picking up his. I envision a geyser of champagne christening Dennis and Phil's floor.

Walter gives me the look.

"No need," he rumbles. "I won't spill any," he adds confidently, peeling the wire and foil away from the top of the bottle.

I grin and Scully sucks in her cheeks to keep from laughing. Walter discards the foil wrapping on the night stand.

He places the towel around the top of the bottle, and begins to work out the cork. The tendons in his forearms, flex and relax, flex and relax. His face is the epitome of concentration. I study his rough hewn profile and marvel at just how ruggedly attractive he really does look.

The cork makes an audible 'pop' and true to his word, not a drop of bubbly comes spilling out.

"Bravo," Scully comments quietly, smiling at Walter.

I nod.

"Not bad, big guy," I add.

Walter looks up, a grin playing on his lips.

"I always could manage that well," he replies, puffing up a little at the compliments.

We extend our glasses, I hold his out with mine and he fills all three. The bottle goes back in the bucket and the towel goes on the night stand. I hand Walter his glass.

"Salut," he says immediately, raising his glass.

"Salut," Scully replies, smiling and raising hers.

"Salut," I reply, completing the triangle.

We lift our glasses and drink. Scully wrinkles her nose as she sips from her glass. I raise an eyebrow over mine as I watch her. Walter observes the interaction and lowers his glass.

"Bubbles?" he asks, giving her an amused look.

Scully lowers her glass and chuckles. I lower mine as well and wait for her response.

"Champagne always tickles my nose," she replies ruefully.

"I get the broken bubbles on my glasses," Walter observes, chuckling a little himself.

I laugh and raise the glass to my lips again. All three of us drink, downing the liquid now, draining our glasses empty.

Scully closes her eyes for a moment.

"Good isn't it?" I ask her, setting my glass down on the night stand.

"We'll have to thank Dennis and Phil," she replies, opening her eyes.

"Definitely," Walter replies, setting his glass down as well.

Scully places her glass next to ours and straightens a little, giving a head gesture towards the bathroom.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be right back," she advises.

I step out of her way and so does Walter.

"Would you like a second glass?" Walter asks as she walks past him.

"Sure, why not," she replies, smiling up at him for a moment.

He smiles down at her and nods in confirmation as she leaves our side and walks into the bathroom. She shuts the door behind her. Walter lets out an exhalation of breath. I look over at him and notice his jaw muscle jump a little. Oh oh. My man's a little tense.

"Nervous?" I ask him quietly, going to his side and massaging his neck.

"Yeah, a little. But...I'll be fine, Mulder. I was sincere downstairs. I want this as much as you do now. These last couple of days with Scully have really helped me to feel more open about a lot of things. So, maybe instead of nervous I should say I'm...anticipatory," he twitches a grin at me.

I laugh a little.

"Well after the beach I figured you were a hell of a lot less worried about how this would go," I reply.

He chuckles.

"Christ...I...yeah, good point," he replies, shaking his head and at a loss for words

I clear my throat.

"Uh...listen. I want to tell you I admire you for the way you handled all this with Scully. I...you did a hell of a lot better than I did with any of it. You're a hell of a man, Walter Skinner. I'm proud and privileged to know and love you," I reply.

I lay my hand on his shoulder and stroke him. He bows his head a little. In the bathroom the toilet flushes and I have to move closer to Walter as he speaks in order to hear his deep voice speaking so softly. Scully exits the bathroom and as Walter starts to speak I hear her pad across the room.

"Mulder...I...I'd always tried to do the best I could. I tried to do what I thought was right....honorable...just. But, since I've known you...and Scully...I have a clearer path towards that goal. I know my way better. My heart, mind and soul are less confused, less empty and dark. My whole life is more full, more complete then it ever was in the past. I have to thank you both for that. I love you both for that," Walter replies, finally looking up at me. His intense, brown eyes are as open as I've ever seen them. There's no doubt in my mind that he speaks the truth as I look into the brown depths behind his glasses. I put my arms around him and hug him tight. He lays his head on my shoulder and puts his arms around my waist.

As I hug him I sense Scully standing at our side. She moves in close and stretches her arms as far as they'll reach so she can embrace us both. We stand together, feeling the warmth of our union until finally Scully lets go and steps back. I release Walter.

"A woman couldn't ask to love, or be loved by two finer men," she whispers. She walks first to me and stands on tiptoe to kiss me on the cheek. Then she does the same to Walter. Both of us grin at her. "And...after earlier...um...I guess I know how you feel about me," she adds, shyly, looking down a little.

I walk over and tip her chin up. Her eyes are luminous. I bend to her lips and taste champagne as I kiss her.

I hear Walter re-cork the champagne bottle in back of me as Scully and I deepen the kiss. Our tongues play together for a moment and then I release her mouth and step back.

She gently extricates herself from my hands and I watch emotions play across her face. Love, excitement and then something I can't quite read crosses her features. She seems to stop to consider something for a second as she regains her breath. She looks from me to Walter. Then she looks back at me.

Walter raises an eyebrow and so do I. Then Scully giggles a little.

"I'm sorry...I...maybe I am nervous. Well...I'm not really nervous...but...I'm kind of..."

"Anticipatory?" Walter asks, suppressing a grin.

"Walter and I were just discussing that very idea," I reply, giving him a wry look. "Walter is anticipatory as well," I add. Walter chuckles.

"Yeah. So..." he starts to reply. Scully interrupts.

"So...what I'm trying to say is....at the risk of sounding...naive or....well...ok...is there some kind of protocol here? I mean...I've never done this before and unless there's something you haven't told me, neither have either of you. So...what...how..." she starts to laugh and shake her head, running out of words.

Walter manages not to laugh, his iron control exerting itself in this instance as Scully and I start to lose it. I sit down on the bed, scratching my shaking head and choking on my laughter.

"This is a picture isn't it? You can take the agents out of the Bureau but you can't take the Bureau out of the agents. Here we are...anticipating a hot night of debauchery and we're trying to figure out if there's a 'Standard Operating Procedure' for it," I observe, coughing on the words as I struggle to not lose myself completely in humor.

"You must mean 'Standard Orgy Procedure'," Walter interjects, totally deadpan. "Didn't you get the memo?" he adds, crossing his arms and giving us his best AD scowl.

Scully and I are laughing so hard now, we're crying. Walter finally drops his surly facade and his face crumbles into laugh lines as well. He's quickly as lost to mirth as we are.

I flop back on the bed so that I can stretch out and breathe. Scully walks over and flops down next to me. Walter walks over and flops down on my other side. All three of us laugh for a few minutes until finally we sputter out. We lie, our chests heaving up and down, silent.

I have to admit that after the touching moment we had, the descent into humor was unexpected, but almost cathartic. I think it was for the best. I feel any nervousness I had evaporating with the rush of endorphins a good hearty laugh always brings. I stroke Scully's hair and Walter's fringe of hair as our breathing becomes normal again. Scully sits slowly up and looks down at Walter and me.

"Well, we made it to the bed, at least," she observes, smiling.

"Yes, we did," I reply.

Walter sits up and then stands up. As always, decisive, he begins to take his sweater off, tugging it up, over his head.

"Ok...I guess that's the 'SOP'," I observe, standing up as well.

Scully follows and all three of us begin a fairly business-like removal of our clothing. Scully leaves us for a moment to take her bracelet over to the dresser. Walter and I divest ourselves of watches, keys, coins, and everything else we have in our pockets. I think our decision to go unarmed has been a good one. All our weapons are in our luggage at this point. Our pocket contents go in the second night stand drawer since the top of the night stand is fairly full. Walter takes off his glasses as well and lays them carefully inside. Walter pulls the tube of KY out of the top night stand drawer. As an afterthought, he takes out several condoms and tucks them out of sight behind the bucket. Smart move. Depending on how this goes we don't want to move directly from anal sex to vaginal sex without using a condom.

Scully returns to our side, taking her sweater off over her head. It doesn't take us very long to undress and place our clothes over the chairs in the room. At last we stand before each other nude, except for Walter's medallion and Scully's cross.

By this point, the afternoon is gone, and the sun setting, casting shadows in the room. All our figures are highlighted with a mixture of black and white shapes. Walter's hard muscles, outlined and defined with blocks of dark and light, make him look even more like a work of art, like a piece of living sculpture. Living, breathing metal or stone, glowing golden and warm where the light hits it.

The play of shadow and light dapples Scully at one point, gently kissing the curves of her breasts, belly, pubis and legs, making her look like a thinner more delicate version of an ancient fertility statue. Then, one last bright ray illuminates her entire figure and I'm left breathless as I recall an exquisite Victorian angel ornament topping a Christmas tree in this house, so many months ago.

Continued in Part 6
Back to story page