TITLE: Triple Counterpoint - Part 4

"You look wonderful...beautiful," I reply hoarsely. "Lie flat," I add, panting a little. She complies and her legs rise higher. She crosses her legs in the small of my back. I move my left hand off her. I take my now completely erect cock and tease her folds with it, gathering the glistening juices of her arousal onto the head. I slide the head of my cock inside the wet, soft folds of her cunt and then up onto her clit, rubbing up and over it and then from side to side as well.

"OhhhhDearGod," she groans in a rush. "You feel so good."

"Oh yeah...so do you, lover," I murmur. "You're really wet for me. Damn that's fine," I add, stroking her further.

"Jesus...oh please..." she gasps, inching her butt closer. The head of my cock slips into her slightly but I pull back and out, teasing her.

"Walter," she moans, her eyes shutting and then opening again. She cranes her neck to look at my hard-on and licks her lips.

I'm not going to make her beg. I don't have to make her say it. From the look in her eyes I know what she wants. I want it as much as she does.

"Look how hard you got me, lover," I tell her, huskily.

"Yes," she whispers. "I want to see you put it in...slowly...can you do that?" she asks. It's almost a challenge and I give her a feral smile in return.

"No problem," I reply, grinning. I use my left hand to part her folds and then move it to the side so she can see as I guide myself in. She cranes her neck again to observe as the head of my cock enters her.

"Uh," I grunt as I grit my teeth, forcing myself to go slowly and move forward an inch at a time.

Her breathing picks up, coming in rapid pants, and she makes a small sound of pleasure as I painstakingly thrust forward and finally seat myself completely in her up to my balls.

"Ok?" I ask quickly as we shift a little to get completely comfortable.

"Oh God, yes. That's so good," she murmurs. I shift forward, placing my hands on either side of her head. I move my hips slightly, rocking against her, riding up higher so I can keep the base of my cock stimulating her clit. She moans and I lean down and kiss her, running my tongue over her moaning open lips first. She bites my lower lip slightly and then devours my mouth, sucking my tongue in desperately. Her hands come up onto my arms and she runs them up and down as we kiss. My medallion meets her cross between us with a small metallic sound.

I raise up at last and gaze down into her face as my hips continue their slow forward and back motion. Her face is beyond description. Exquisite as she gives herself up completely to the ecstasy of our joining. I groan with the raw bolt of love and lust that pierces my heart and stabs right down to my cock. My eyes shut for a second from the intensity of the feeling but then I open them, look down and half sob in ecstasy.

"Oh God....Walter," Scully whispers.

I know she's seeing my soul in that moment, just as I see hers now, the spark blazing deep inside her blue eyes. It's an incredible sight and I keep my eyes locked on hers as I stand up and hold her hips. I draw back and thrust into her deep, pull out and repeat the movement again and then again. She joins me immediately meeting me stroke for stroke.

"Jesus!" I grunt and then I throw my head back and laugh for joy.

"Oh God...oh...do it," Scully cries out and then she laughs as well and it's pure music.

We rock together smoothly, drawing out each thrust, savoring the experience for a few minutes. Then she begins to move faster, jerking her hips in rapid thrusts.

"God...so close," she gasps out.

"More? Harder?" I grate out, between clenched teeth.

She nods and I move a hand down to cup her mons again. I push up and down, massaging her clit. She nods and pants harder. Both of us keep watching each other as if mesmerized. The view is incredible. I continue to piston into her, watching as her stomach muscles tighten up. Her legs start to shake and then she arches up, moaning loudly.

The moan descends into a whine. Her muscles relax and tense, relax and tense. I know she's so close but not quite there. I concentrate one finger on her clit, rotating and rubbing it rapidly as she bucks her hips. I still my hips, my cock in deep because I remember her mentioning she really likes that full feeling and maybe that will help her come. Scully continues to thrust and then she manages to gasp out a request.

"No...with me...oh...please..."

I grunt my assent and try to comply, thrusting rapidly into her hot, tight, heat as I rub her clit furiously. Finally I feel the first fluttering spasm inside that tells me she's going over the edge.

"Oh yeah, lover...oh yeah," I groan as her pelvic muscles finally clench down tight and her back bows up.

"Uhhhhhhh!" she cries out and then her taut neck muscles cut off her voice and her inner muscles clamp down on me hard.

"Fuck, oh...oh..." I moan. I grit my teeth and watch as she arches below me. I pump with hard stabs of my hips and feel that wonderful anticipatory build-up in my groin that tells me my orgasm is coming on fast. The warmth spreads, roiling up out of my balls as they pull tight. I groan loudly and plunge in deep again.

"GGGOD!" I roar as I throw my head back. My cock seems to swell even more and then I'm ejaculating, my hips jerking against hers. Warm spurts of cum shoot out of my cock and deep into Scully's body. We pump together, both of us on automatic pilot for a few moments, grunting and gasping as we ride out an almost simultaneous climax. I convulse against her, as my cock twitches inside, delivering spurt after spurt of milky fluid. I'm barely aware of some of it trickling back out and down between Scully's ass cheeks as I hold her legs tight to me and continue to pump against her bucking hips.

Finally our frenzied movements slow and I sag forward, catching myself on my hands on either side of her head. She pulls me down however, into her embrace and our chests heave together from our efforts.

"Dana," I murmur into her hair. "I...oh God," I mumble, overcome with emotion.

"I know...you...you were so beautiful," she replies, softly, rubbing my back.

I lever up and stroke her hair, gazing into her eyes again.

We lie silently stroking and kissing tenderly until I suddenly consider how hard the table must be under her after I was pushing her into it and just how heavy I am. I kiss her one more time and then stand up again between her legs.

"I should pull out," I suggest, smiling gently down at her.

She nods and reaches down to part her folds. I hold the base of my cock and step back, My flaccid cock slides out of her. It flops down, warm and sticky against my balls. I stretch a hand out and help Scully to sit up. Then I step between her knees again and pull her into my embrace.

We rub each other's backs languidly and I feel her kiss my chest. She sags against me and I know she's really very tired.

"We should...we should clean the kitchen up," she mumbles, resting against me.

"Go on upstairs. I'll do it...it'll only take a few minutes," I rub her shoulder.

"All right," she replies, pushing off me. I release her back and taking her hips, lift her carefully off the tabletop. She wobbles a little and I hold her arm until she steadies herself.

"My clothes..."

"I'll bring everything. Go ahead," I smile down at her.

She stands on her tiptoes, kisses me briefly on the lips and then turns to make her way out of the kitchen as I stand with my fingertips on my mouth.

xXx

Friday, September 17, 1999. Midnight. Dragon's Roost. Crossroads, Maine.

Scully lies with her head on my chest, her hair still slightly damp from the shower we took together. When I got done cleaning up downstairs I came up, put our clothes over a chair back and went into the master bathroom to join her in the shower stall.

I helped her to soap herself up, and then helped wash her as well, letting my hand's careful and tender caresses tell her just how much she means to me and how much I enjoyed our lovemaking. Her hands conveyed the same information as she ran them over me as well.

And God it was good. If I had any doubt about sex with her being less than what I have with Mulder I was definitely wrong. Yes, it's different, but it's still a profoundly exciting and moving experience, as well as completely fulfilling. No question.

It feels good to hold her in my arms too. You know...maybe it's some kind of hackneyed stereotype but I'm discovering I enjoy holding Scully. I like feeling as though I'm sheltering her, protecting and comforting her in my embrace. Yeah, because she's a woman...smaller...been through so much...all that shit I guess. She'd probably bridle at the idea, kick my ass even if I told her too. But...maybe not. I think there is a certain amount of vulnerability in all of us and we don't mind being protected this way sometimes. I know I like to be held now. And of course...it took me a while to admit I did too. So, quite possibly Scully wouldn't mind my viewpoint in this area. In any event she's cuddling close so I tend to think she enjoys having me hold her.

I stroke Scully's arm and she rubs my stomach. Then she speaks, her voice sleepy.

"Thank you again for the bracelet," she murmurs. "It really is incredible."

"Hey...my pleasure," I reply, glancing over onto the dresser where she left the bracelet for the night. "And thank you again for being so patient with me."

"Oh, it was well worth it," she giggles softly. "God...I...I still can't believe we made love on Dennis and Phil's kitchen table."

"Yeah well...I have a suspicion it isn't the first time someone's done the deed in that kitchen. With those two I would imagine there isn't a room in the house that hasn't seen some action," I reply, rumbling a chuckle.

Scully laughs a little harder.

"What?" I ask, looking down at the top of her head.

"I thought you were going to say you and Mulder did it in the kitchen," she snorts, looking up at me.

"Uh uh. That would be telling," I reply, wagging my finger in front of her nose. She pulls a mock frown and then I touch her nose with my finger. "Can I tell you something?" I ask quietly.

She nods, her face growing suddenly soft as she looks into mine.

"I just wanted to tell you that...that the whole issue about my preferences...my preferring sex with Mulder..." I let my voice trail off. I'm not sure how to express what I want to say to her. I don't want this to sound like I'm simply telling her she was a great lay. What I felt while we were together transcended anything so crass and mundane. I swallow and let my eyes play over her face before I try to answer. But I can't make the words come. "Dana...I...making love with you was...it...uh..." I stop again and sigh.

She touches my cheek.

"It was beautiful," I finally breathe out as she runs her hand over my beard stubble.

"It's hard to describe sometimes," she muses quietly as I watch her face, drowsy but focused enough to draw me into her limpid blue eyes and her tranquil voice. "I love both you and Mulder but when I'm with each of you...I find different things about you both to be fulfilling...different textures, smells, the differences in your bodies. I find strengths and yes, weaknesses that compliment mine in you both too. All those things makes the experience of making love with you both interesting, and wonderful, but also unique...and I like that feeling," she replies, taking her hand from my face and settling it against my chest. She lays her head back down as well.

I kiss the top of her head before I reply.

"It's confusing at first too. Or it was for me. I mistook the difference for something...lacking or wrong. But it isn't...it's marvelous. Something to celebrate."

"Exactly. I think I may have been confused at first as well...and also a little afraid that I could possibly entertain the thought of having two men in my bed...much less together," she chuckles a little. "But...I don't feel that way anymore."

"I was nervous about that too...all of us together...well...that was probably obvious," I rumble a chuckle deep in my chest.

No kidding. When I think back to that time here during the summer I want to put a bag over my head. I was practically catatonic at the prospect of making love with both Mulder and Scully at first. God. Well...too many issues at the time. I'm glad things are better now.

"Well...I think we were all a little nervous," Scully replies, stroking my stomach.

"Not Mulder," I reply with a small chuckle. "I think he was like a kid in a candy store, wasn't he?"

"Oh yes, definitely," she laughs as well. "And you know...he's been so much more...at peace since then. Even with everything that's gone on...he's had an inner strength and been more centered since that day. I think it's because he knows he has us," she muses more quietly.

"I think you're right," I whisper. "You want to call him tomorrow?" I ask carefully.

She thinks about it for a second before she looks up and answers me.

"I'm...I'm enjoying this," she replies, smiling up at me.

I smile down at her.

"I'm enjoying it too," I reply.

"He may not be ready to come up yet depending on what happened with his mother," she continues.

I look down into her face. I can tell she wants him here. I could tell when she was talking about him that she misses him. So do I. I want him to experience the joy we experienced together tonight.

"Scully, if you want to call him, it's all right," I chuckle. "I want him with us too."

She chuckles as well and kisses my neck.

"I miss him. We should see how he's doing anyway," she replies.

"Good point," I reply, stroking her shoulder. She lowers her head onto my chest again. "We'll all talk then too. I'm sincere about that idea, Scully. I miss him but...I have a bone to pick with him about haring off to see his mother," I add, annoyance creeping into my voice.

"Oh yes. I still can't believe he's going to try to explain about all of us to Teena," Scully replies, yawning.

"Me either. Maybe he'll break it down into stages. Tell her about the two of you first or something," I reply, postulating.

"Well I'm sure we'll find out," she replies, her voice getting more sleepy.

"I'm sure we will," I whisper.

Her breathing evens out finally and she drifts off into sleep.

"Sweet dreams, lover," I whisper, kissing the top of her head. Then I feel my own eyes grow heavy and as sleep approaches I think of Mulder and Scully and what they mean to me. I fall asleep with a smile on my lips.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 9 AM. Dragon's Roost. Crossroads, Maine.

I drift up through veils of sleep and for a split-second I experience some disorientation. Then it dawns on me just where I am and I smile and reach for Scully. The other side of the bed is empty. I sit up, look around and frown. She's not in the bedroom and there's no noise coming from the bathroom either.

I climb out of bed, ignoring my need to piss and the morning erection that's rapidly wilting with worry, grab my glasses and put them on. I proceed over to my overnight bag where I left it on the floor last night in our haste to get to bed, and root around in it. I find my sweat pants, pull them on and hasten out of the bedroom to head downstairs.

"Scully?" I call as I descend to the first floor.

"Dana?" I call again as I look in the living room.

No answer. I become even more concerned and walk back into the kitchen. I smell coffee right away and there's a pot freshly made as well as two mugs set out. I raise my eyebrows and scratch my balls as I cross over to the coffeemaker. I catch movement in my peripheral vision. I turn and look out the window, past the deck and down onto the private beach. A shock of red hair catches my eyes. I crease my brow, puzzled and walk to the back door. The door is locked so I have to hope Scully has the car keys with the two sets of house keys on them. I open the door and unlock the dead bolt and knob lock, step outside and shut the door behind me.

Once I'm on the deck I can hear voices laughing and yelling from the beach below. I walk down the deck steps and head in the direction of the figures, one of which is running back and forth down below.

I can clearly make out Scully now. She's dressed in sweat pants, a sweatshirt and sneakers. She's talking to what appears to be a child...a young girl with blonde hair and...something... a dog? A dog with short stumpy legs that are churning like hell in the sand as he runs...oh shit...Babar! That French Bulldog has to be Susanna Abernathy's dog, Babar. Susanna Abernathy - the town gossip's short legged mutt. But who's the kid? Does Susanna have a granddaughter? Christ, I don't remember. I break into a fast walk, my bare feet cold as they tread across the frost covered lawn.

Scully is laughing at the little dog as he runs back up the beach, a tennis ball in his mouth. The girl, who looks to be about 11 years old, is standing next to Scully and laughing as well. As I reach them, Babar skids to a stop in front of them and spits out the ball. His barrel chest is heaving and his huge mouth open as his tongue lolls out. The pushed in faced dog snorts and gasps like a freight train, even his bat ears are pink inside he's so winded.

"You'll give him a heart attack," I chuckle despite myself.

"Good morning," Scully replies, laughing. "Walter, this is Amelia, Amelia this is Walter," she introduces me to the blonde girl. "Oh...and this is Babar," she indicates the French bulldog as well. "Babar came to the door this morning...without Amelia's permission I might add."

"Yeah, I was throwing his ball down the beach and he just decided he had to visit Dennis and Phil, even though they aren't home," the girl interjects. "We're really not supposed to come up here without permission," she adds, looking a little guilty. "It's a private beach."

"Babar I know," I reply pitching my voice so it's a little softer. "Amelia, it's my pleasure to meet you...whether you were trespassing or not," I add, giving her a grin so she'll know I'm not angry at her breaking the rules.

"Hi, you want to throw the ball for him? He won't have a heart attack. My grandmom says he's in pretty good shape," Amelia greets me with a smile, relief in her stance over my not castigating her over coming onto private property.

Ok. So she is Susanna Abernathy's granddaughter. Oh brother. I hope Scully didn't say too much to her. If she's as talkative as her relation, we're in big trouble. Mrs. Abernathy will spread whatever was said over half the blasted county. I smile at the girl and try to think of a good way to get Scully back in the house gracefully. I cross my arms over my chest, a little self-conscious at being shirtless in front of the youngster. Reconsider and uncross them to answer her question.

"Sure," I reply, picking up the ball and tossing it down the beach. The dog takes off again, stumpy legs flying.

Scully laughs. The dog really is cute in a gargoyle kind of way.

"So, you're Mrs. Abernathy's granddaughter?" I ask in confirmation, putting my hands under my armpits again to warm them.

"Yes, sir," Amelia replies, smiling as the little dog rounds and returns with the ball in his mouth. He spits it out again and she picks it up. The dog jumps up for it as she holds it over his head. "I'm visiting while my mom and dad get the divorce. Grandmom says it's better if I'm off the battlefield," she replies matter-of-factly.

Scully looks at her with concern and I can tell that topic didn't come up before I got down here. Yeah, she's talkative. I sigh a little at that thought.

"Does your grandmother know you're here?" Scully asks, worry in her voice.

"Oh sure. She's the next house closest to town. It's not that far. I come down this way lots with Babar when I'm visiting. We use Dennis and Phil's beach...um...what's it called...property boundary as our turn around point to go back. Sometimes my grandmom comes along. We've been up here too and had coffee cake and stuff with Dennis and Phil when they've invited us. They're neat artists," Amelia answers brightly.

Oh hell. Well if Susanna Abernathy's out and about on the beach, we'll have to make sure we watch out for her that's for sure. The woman is sweet but she really is a terrible busybody. We don't need to have her prying into our business.

"You want to throw the ball again?" the girl asks.

"No, thank you though. I just came down to tell...Dana that coffee was ready if she wanted some," I reply, smiling at them both.

"Oh, that sounds good," Scully replies giving me a quick grin at the barefaced lie I just told. "And you must be cold, Walter," she adds smirking at my goosebumps and my discomfort at being half dressed in front of them both. Oh brother...she obviously hasn't caught on to the real reason I want her back in the house.

"It is a bit chilly," I observe, giving her a pointed look. She arches an eyebrow but turns towards Amelia.

"I guess we should get back in. It was very nice to meet you, Amelia. And Babar too of course," she tells the young girl. Babar makes a snorting, snuffling woof as Amelia tucks the tennis ball into the pocket of her hooded sweatshirt.

"Yes, my pleasure again too," I add as Amelia puts the leash she's holding back on Babar's collar.

"Nice to meet you both. Bye," she replies, turning and heading back up the beach towards her grandmother's house. Babar stumps along at her side.

"Be careful," Scully calls after her.

"Thanks. I will," Amelia replies back over her shoulder.

Scully watches her walk back up the beach, a slightly wistful look on her face. Then she turns to me.

"What's wrong?" she asks immediately.

"Probably nothing. But...that kid's grandmother is the town gossip..." I reply, my voice trailing off as I'm pretty sure she understands the implications. I shrug.

A look of annoyance crosses her face for a moment. I watch her shut her eyes and compose herself. I can tell she's frustrated and slightly offended by my response. Instantly memories of our old adversarial relationship come back for some reason. I feel myself tensing for a disagreement. Without really meaning to I frown and when she opens her eyes she sees my look of disapproval.

"I'm sorry if I risked things by talking to her. I didn't stop to consider local...gossips," she replies, in a tight voice.

I feel my jaw muscle jump and my face become warm. For one second I want to growl at her in my AD voice but I hold back. I set my jaw and reply.

"Well...we have to be a little careful I think. Her grandmother really does have a knack for spreading rumors and..."

She looks down and I sigh. I realize I was lecturing her and yeah, the AD voice was there in full force even though I tried to rein it in. Christ...why did I make her feel like a green subordinate? We're not Agent Scully and AD Skinner here for God's sake. I don't want to argue with her. It's stupid anyway. Who the hell cares if she talked to the kid? We're just frustrated with the situation. Like I said - I'm so tired of having to hide and I know Scully is too. There's no sense in beating each other up over something we can't really control. I'm probably worrying for nothing, anyway. Susanna Abernathy probably has enough on her mind right now with her granddaughter visiting without worrying about what we're doing here.

"Look, forget it. I'm...I'm making too much of it. Don't..." I begin.

She looks up and smiles wanly at me, shrugging a little herself.

"I'm sorry too, I don't want to argue about it. It's just circumstances. You're right...we do have to be cautious."

"Scully...you can disagree with me...go on...tell me I'm a horse's ass. It's a legitimate complaint sometimes," I reply wryly.

She blinks at me and then she laughs.

"I'll file that away for future reference," she chuckles.

"Do. And look...we have to be discreet within reason...but just talking to the kid wasn't that much of a risk," I insist.

She nods.

"I understand. I didn't tell her who we were or anything. I didn't even give her our last names. I just said we were using the house for the weekend and that we were friends of Dennis and Phil. She did most of the talking...about the dog really."

"It's ok. Don't sweat it. Like I said - I'm probably being overly cautious."

She sighs as well then.

"It's tiresome to have to hide so much, isn't it?" she muses, crossing her arms over her middle.

"I hear you," I reply, touching her shoulder. "I'm sorry - I didn't mean to imply that...that you'd done anything wrong. The kid'll probably tell grandmom something, but so what? I'm sure with the divorce and all she's got more on her mind than who's staying up here at Dragon's Roost," I reply quietly.

She nods.

"That's a point," she agrees. "But, I do think you're right. We have to be a little careful."

"Ok, agreed," I reply, smiling a little at her. "So, hey...uh...let's get back in, ok? I am kind of cold," I add, changing the subject.

"Oh, yes...I made coffee. Did you see the mugs on the counter?" she replies, her face brightening.

"Yeah. Thanks. You want to have a mug and then take a short run?" I ask, turning to go back to the house. I walk forward and Scully falls into step at my side. She smiles and moves her hand over to mine, taking it and giving it a squeeze.

"Wonderful idea. But...I think it'll have to be short. I'm...I'm a little tired this morning."

Something in her voice makes me think she means more than she's just tired, although she did a masterful job at hiding it. I stop and face her, concern on my brow.

"Are you...was I too rough?" I ask immediately. Shit...maybe I shouldn't have fucked her on that god damn table last night.

"No!" she reassures me instantly.

"Scully...communication...remember?" I reply, taking her other hand in mine as well.

"No, seriously, Walter. It was a long day for me yesterday. Making love last night was wonderful. It's a good tired...you...you didn't hurt me," she answers, her voice sincere.

I examine her face and decide she's telling me the truth. I nod, put my arm around her waist and we walk slowly on.

"Ok...coffee and a very short run. Then breakfast," I reply.

"Good," she replies, nodding matter-of-factly.

We walk up to the back door and Scully reaches in her pocket, bringing out my keychain with the house keys on it.

I chuckle.

"I left it unlocked. I figured you had the keys but..."

She laughs.

"You know...I did lock myself out of my mother's house once that way. It was embarrassing. I've since learned to hunt down any available keys."

"Smart thinking. Yeah. I did that once at Judge's Point. I was in my friggin' robe and briefs too. I just stepped out to get the paper on the driveway. Luckily it's private there. No one saw me."

"I'd like to see Judge's Point sometime," Scully replies, opening the back door and walking inside. I follow her, shut the door and lock it.

"I think that could definitely be arranged," I smile down at her.

Then I bend and kiss her very gently, holding her shoulders in my hands. Her lips part, and I probe her mouth with my tongue, deepening the kiss. When we part she steps back and fans herself.

"Coffee...now...or we'll never get out of here," she chuckles.

"Yeah...good idea," I swallow and head over to the counter to retrieve a mug.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 9 AM, Teena Mulder's House. Greenwich, Connecticut.

"Thanks, Mom."

"No trouble at all. So...uh...you're spending the weekend with your...friend?"

"Yes. I'm driving up to Maine to meet him after I leave here."

"I see. It's pretty up there this time of year. I imagine you'll have a very nice time."

"Yes, thanks. I think we are going to do some sightseeing," I reply. Oh yeah, we'll be seeing some sights all right. My mind flashes instantly to Walter and Scully naked and entwined together. I squelch the thought in a big hurry because my hand twitches slightly as my mother pours my coffee.

I watch as she refills my mug and then pours some in her own. She sits down at the breakfast table across from me and picks up her cup. I smile and pick mine up as well, sipping at the Starbucks House Blend.

In reality I'm going to drive up the Interstate, stop at a Motel 6 Scully and I have stayed in before on a case, rent a room and wait for Walter or Scully to call me. I've decided staying on here with Teena is probably a bad idea. We've been getting along remarkably well and if I stay longer I'm afraid the spell will be broken and we'll end up on the outs again. So, I'll drive out of Greenwich about an hour and camp out until my cell phone rings. I have plenty of seeds, and like I said - the motel has the 'Playboy Channel'.

Mom got up early and so did I as a result. She chided me for not sleeping in the guest bedroom. Well...the couch was just more familiar and I knew I'd sleep better on it. I went outside, pulled the Olds into the driveway and brought in my luggage so I could wash up and change my clothes. Showered, shaved, changed into jeans and a green cotton turtleneck and repacked, I came downstairs to find breakfast waiting for me.

Oatmeal. Oh...well. It's the thought that counts.

"Would you like some more oatmeal?" my mother asks, breaking into my reverie.

"No thanks. I think the two bowls will stick to my ribs enough for a while," I reply, smiling. "It really was good. I liked the raisins in it," I add, trying to sound more enthusiastic than my stomach feels. Evidently it works because she smiles at me.

"Oh good. I wanted to fix your favorite. I'm glad you liked it," she replies, putting her cup to her lips again.

I bring my coffee cup up to my lips carefully, and take a long, slow drink.

Oatmeal with raisins was Samantha's favorite breakfast. I shut my eyes to stop from choking on the coffee as it goes down my throat. I had an idea that's why it was sitting at my place setting this morning. She got it confused of course. God. I drain my cup and give her a game smile, placing the cup down on the table.

"Yup - it was outstanding. Well...uh...I'd better hit the road, I guess. Thanks for breakfast, Mom."

"Oh...well, I suppose it is time you leave. You're very welcome for the breakfast. I...I enjoyed having you here and...really, Fox...I will try to understand," she replies, her voice strong and sincere.

I rise, smiling at her and she gets up as well. I move to her side and hug her tight. She hugs back.

"Thanks, Mom. I love you. If there's anything you need, just call me, ok? I mean it," I reply.

"I will. You be careful now on the trip. And...tell your friend I hope you both have a wonderful weekend."

I kiss her on the cheek and let her go. She stands there a little flustered, unsure of what to do with her hands and settles for clasping them in front of her.

"I'll tell him," I reply quietly. She nods and I leave her side to go upstairs to get my luggage.

When I come back down she has a little white bag that she proffers towards me.

"What...what's this?" I ask, chuckling a little, and setting my luggage down.

She smiles.

"Oh, just some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I thought you might like a snack later," she beams.

This time she got it right. One of my favorite snacks besides sunflower seeds is chocolate chip cookies and milk. I can probably get some milk near the Motel 6 and have some of them after I check in.

"Hey...that's great. Thanks. Let me take the luggage out and I'll..."

"Oh, that's all right. I'll carry the bag out and see you off," she interrupts.

I smile, nod and pick up my luggage. My mother follows me out to the driveway. I use the remote to pop the trunk and sling my bags inside. I close the trunk with a dull thunk, turn and take the bag of cookies from my mother. Then I hug her again.

"Take care, Mom. I'll call you when I get in if you like."

"That would be nice, son. I'd appreciate it. Now drive carefully."

Yeah, I'll have to make sure I turn down the Playboy Channel later when I call I guess, I wince inwardly.

"Yes, ma'am," I grin, releasing her.

"And, Fox...really, that's fine about Thanksgiving as well. I'd planned on inviting you to go with me to your aunt's house but you and I can get together Saturday just as well," she adds, looking up into my face.

"I really appreciate it, Mom. We'll have fun Saturday. We'll eat something other than turkey," I reply, grinning. She smiles and nods.

I leave her side and walk to the driver's side door, popping the lock open. I climb in the driver's seat, shut the door and buckle up. My mother steps back onto the lawn and I turn the ignition, put the car in reverse and start to back out. I wave. She waves. Visit over. Pax Romana...for now. I pull completely out of the driveway, put the Olds in drive, hit the gas and watch my mother's figure recede in the rearview mirror.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 11:45 AM. Dragon's Roost. Crossroads, Maine.

I flip the page of 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' and end the chapter. The novel is good. I can hardly wait to discuss it with Scully at some later date. I look up over the top of the book at said Stephen King aficionado where she lies on the living room couch fast asleep.

After our run, Scully showered and got dressed. I did more calisthenics before I did the same. The run wasn't quite enough for me but I could tell it was definitely enough for her. We had a good-natured debate about my view that she's pushing it too hard perhaps? I insisted that she relax a little more this weekend. After all, next week she has to go back to work. I don't want her to be overtired. She insisted however in throwing a light breakfast of melon and English muffins together after she got dressed. I told her that would be fine, provided she heeded my suggestion to rest later. So, she gave in to my idea that after breakfast she'd sit down for a while and read or even watch TV upstairs.

Her copy of the Stephen King book is lying on her stomach now where she fell asleep reading it. I'm going to let her sleep as long as she wants. It gave me an opportunity to catch up on my copy of the book anyway. I watch her as the sunlight from the window makes her hair glisten, bringing out the lighter red highlights. I guess that storm front is holding off. The sun certainly is winning the day out there.

As I watch her, she stirs and I set my book down on the small table next to my chair. Her eyes open and she looks around, stretching her jean clad legs. She notices the book, smiles ruefully and places it on the coffee table.

"What time is it?" she asks, sitting up to stretch further.

"Around noon," I reply, smiling at her.

"Noon!? Good grief, Walter...you must be bored silly," she replies, slightly shocked. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I was reading the book...and...if you fell asleep I think your body was telling you it needed the rest. So...I left you alone," I reply matter-of-factly.

She smiles and flexes her legs a little.

"Well, if you were wrapped up in Stephen King, I guess you weren't bored then," she replies, smiling.

 "How do you feel?" I ask as she rubs one calf muscle through her Levis.

"Good, actually. I feel a lot more fresh. How do you like the book?"

"It's great. Very suspenseful so far."

"When you're done with it we will have to have that discussion," she replies.

"I plan on it," I reply, nodding.

"So, what now? It looks nice out. Would you want to..." Scully begins.

Before she finishes her thought a cell phone rings. Both of us look around in confusion for a moment. Her cell is on the coffee table. Mine is on the table next to me. It's mine beeping. I raise an eyebrow and pick it up. I glance at the face. Fuck. It's work.

Scully watches, her eyebrows raised as well as I depress the send button and bark into the phone.

"Skinner."

"Sir...I am so sorry to bother you on your vacation."

"Kimberly? What is it?"

"Atlanta, sir. I have SAC Montgomery on the other line and..."

I sigh and shut my eyes. Christ on a crutch. If this means I have to leave here and fly back down to Georgia, heads will roll starting with that overbearing son of a bitch, Montgomery. Montgomery and I go way back. I knew him at Quantico. He was a blowhard then. He's worse now.

Scully sits quietly, her face taking on an expression of worry. She mouths the words "Mulder?" I shake my head.

"I assume he said it was urgent?" I ask Kim.

"Yes, sir...he said he needed to speak to you immediately," Kim answers with a small sigh.

"Kim...it's all right. Give him my cell phone number and have him call me here."

"Yes, sir. It may take a moment," Kim replies, guilt at having to call me heavy in her voice. Knowing that asshole Montgomery he probably wouldn't tell her anything except that this call was urgent regardless of what it was about. Let's hope it's nothing important and just Montgomery complaining about the inconsequential.

"I'll hang up and wait for his call," I tell Kim.

"Yes, sir," Kim replies, severing the connection.

"What's wrong?" Scully asks as I rock back in the chair and prepare to wait. "Is it Kersh?"

"No. It's Atlanta," I reply, sighing.

"Oh no," she replies, quietly.

"The SAC down there just called in and told Kim it was urgent. She's giving him my cell phone number," I reply.

"I hope this isn't bad news," Scully replies, wrinkling her brow.

"I hope to hell not too."

Scully is about to make another remark when my cell phone beeps again. I depress the send button and snap into the phone.

"Skinner."

"Walter, this is George Mont..."

"Mr. Montgomery, this had better be important. I'm on vacation," I snarl into the phone. I want him to know right up front that I'm not a happy AD at the moment and while I'm at it, it's not Walter, it's sir.

"Yes, sir. It's important," Montgomery replies, for once being astute enough to drop the cloying attempts at informality. "It's good news as a matter-of-fact. The Atlanta PD Internal Affairs investigation is wrapping up and the preliminary reports are that the FBI is off the hook, sir. Absolved of any wrongdoing. Officer Jarrett's family won't have grounds to sue really. IA found out he was on the take, skimming drug money on the side. So, it wasn't your guy who was responsible for getting him killed. It was a pissed off drug dealer," Montgomery informs me triumphantly.

God. Good news? A man died. So what if he was a dirty cop. Tell that to his wife and kids. I sigh. It still stinks and in my opinion the FBI agent was guilty of sloppy procedure that endangered others needlessly whether he actually shot Jarrett or not. The first OPR hearing covered that situation. I guess there won't be a second OPR hearing in this case. Well, whatever. I hope to hell Montgomery is right. It will make my job a lot more easy.

"Is there ballistics evidence to back all this up?" I ask the SAC.

"Yes, sir. The dealer's 9 MM definitely fired the slugs found in Officer Jarrett."

"All right...uh...and where did you get this information on the preliminary report?"

"I have an...an inside contact in IA," he replies somewhat nervously.

Yeah, he's probably sleeping with some woman agent or secretary over there. I pity George Montgomery's poor wife. She should have gone through with that divorce last year instead of reconciling with this snake. Shit. I turn away from Scully slightly and hiss quietly into the phone.

"That had better not just be pillow talk, Montgomery. Understand? Because if it is, and this is bullshit? I'll have your balls on a spit."

I can hear dead silence on the other end of the line for a second. Then a cough.

"I wouldn't have called you, sir, if I hadn't double-checked," he replies, trying to sound put out.

Yeah...in other words - 'oh fuck, the old man is on to me...I'd better verify all my facts as soon as I get off the phone'. Blow it out your ass, Montgomery. I wasn't born yesterday. I know you're a brown-nose and even if I didn't I can tell a brown-nose even all the way down in Georgia over a cell phone line.

"Fine. Is that all then?"

"Yes, sir. I just thought you'd like to know. Sorry, I was unaware you were on vacation."

Oh right. I'm sure Kim forgot to mention that completely. Christ. This guy must think my head zips up the back.

"Under the circumstances, I'll hope you understand I don't want to be contacted again unless it's an emergency," I reply.

"Yes, sir, I understand, sir," he answers, annoyance really creeping into his voice.

"Very good. Nevertheless, thank you for calling, Mr. Montgomery. Have a good weekend," I reply, my voice flatly neutral.

"You're welcome, sir. Enjoy the rest of your time off," Montgomery retorts.

"Thank you," I reply and then I break the connection and hold the phone away from my mouth.

"Asshole," I curse into the receiver.

"I thought it was Kersh," Scully interjects as I toss the phone onto the table.

"I thought I was going to have to fly back down to Atlanta," I sigh, reining in my anger. I run a hand up under my glasses and rub at the bridge of my nose. "I still hope I don't have to."

"Want to talk about it?" she asks, carefully.

"I'll give you the short version, if you don't mind," I reply as I rub the bridge of my nose.

"No problem," she replies, watching me with concern.

I nod and remove my hand from under my glasses.

"Evidently, the FBI is off the hook in Atlanta according to SAC Montgomery's inside information. If it's true, I'm off the hook as well as far as going back down there or attending another OPR hearing. So, I hope the guy's right," I reply as I rub the bridge of my nose.

"I hope so too," Scully replies, watching me from the couch.

"Thanks," I nod and frown a little more. Something else is creeping into my thoughts and it's just as bothersome as Atlanta. Scully's earlier comment brought it back with a vengeance.

"What is it?" Scully asks, taking in my 'suck a lemon' expression.

I stare at her for a second and decide, ok - this is the new order. No more hiding behind a facade of stoicism. Time to tell all. I gather myself, straightening and then I lean forward, my forearms on my knees and hands clasped in front of me to face Scully.

"Kersh. One of these days we're going to have to discuss how to handle him," I reply quietly.

Scully rocks back, resting her head against the couch.

"Walter, I know you still blame yourself for what happened with Kersh and for New York. I don't think you should berate yourself about it any longer. Please...don't...don't agonize over it. It bothers me to see you hurting that way," she replies, her eyes shut and a pained look on her face.

I get up and cross to the couch, taking a seat by her side. I stretch my arm out so it rests in back of her head.

"Scully...I can't help but assume responsibility given the circumstances. But if it's any consolation...I'm...I'm trying to consider it pragmatically now. It's done. Now I just think we need to develop a plan for handling him...at least until you and Mulder have the X-Files back and are under my jurisdiction again," I reply quietly.

She turns her head to look at me, opening her eyes. She studies my face carefully and I know she's gauging my words for validity. Both my admission that I'm not flogging myself over Kersh and her wounding any longer as well as whether I really believe the last part. In a moment she responds and her question tells me that at least we're over her not trusting me to tell her my true heart. It's a good feeling.

"You think that will happen don't you?" she asks, hope in her eyes.

"I have faith that you and Mulder will get the X-Files back and I'll get you both back under my jurisdiction as well, yes," I reply, stroking her cheek with the back of my hand. She nods and stills my hand on her cheek.

"All right. I agree we need to talk about Kersh. I think we need to wait until Mulder's here to do it, though," she replies, softly. I extricate my hand and take her hand in mine, kissing the palm.

"Agreed. We'll table the discussion until he gets here," I reply, giving her hand a final squeeze and releasing it.

Scully smiles.

"We'll call him later this afternoon, then," she adds.

"Sounds good. Now...what were you saying before that phone call interrupted you?" I ask, moving back slightly to watch her face.

"Oh...I just thought we could go into town, shop...I don't know...play tourist," she shrugs.

"Shop?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and grinning a little.

"All right...no jokes. Sometimes a girl gets that urge to shop till she drops. I'm on vacation. What the hell. You coming or are you one of those typical guys who'd rather have a tooth pulled than hang around while his woman indulges herself?" she replies, teasing.

"Root canal," I quip and she slaps me on the arm.

I bark a laugh.

"Hey...I didn't say I wouldn't come along," I grin. "For you...I'll put up with it," I add smiling.

"Oh gee...thanks," she replies, huffing a little with not quite mock indignation.

"You're welcome," I grin wider, showing my teeth, then I bend forward and wipe the half frown off her face with a kiss.

She chuckles huskily around my questing lips and then gives in to the kiss, moving sideways to place a hand around the back of my neck and pull my head forward to deepen the contact. I devour her mouth hungrily for a moment and then she gently pushes me away.

"You really want to go shopping?" I ask her in a low voice.

"Oh no...you're not going to pull that one on me," she replies, pushing me a little further away. I raise an eyebrow and stifle my smirk. Yeah...guilty as charged. I was trying to get her into bed instead of her getting me into a Crossroads boutique again.

"Walter Skinner...I'll have you know shopping can be a very powerful aphrodisiac for a woman. So...just show some self-control," she replies, her Scully lecture voice in full swing.

"Oh...so now I'm supposed to have some self-control," I growl, cupping her breast.

She swats my hand away.

"All right, some patience. But if you wait until later...I promise our little shopping excursion will be well worth the wait," she grins up into my eyes. I grin back.

"I'll get the keys to the Jeep," I reply instantly.

"That's my boy," she laughs as I get up from the couch.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 5 PM. Dragon's Roost. Crossroads, Maine.

"It really does look like it's going to rain now," Scully comments as she stands at Dragon Roost's front door. She fumbles with the keys as I look up.

"Yeah, I think we're in for a storm. That front is coming in. It's been coming in fast while we drove back," I reply, shifting my weight from foot to foot. "How's the lock coming?" I add, craning my neck to look.

"Ok, got it," Scully replies, unlocking the front door at last.

I'm standing behind her, my arms laden with bags the number of which is quite worthy of giving any weightlifter a light workout. Scully turns around and gestures for me to proceed her through the door and then she giggles at my packhorse-like appearance.

"Oh...you...you should see the expression on your face," she chortles as I heft a couple of the bags a little higher and walk past her.

"Oh yeah? It's probably a grimace of pain from a developing hernia," I reply, teasing her as I walk in and turn to face her in the hallway.

"You offered," she replies airily, breezing past me with the two packages she's carrying.

I chuckle.

"True," I reply. "And where does Madame desire me to deposit her packages?" I add.

"Upstairs, I think," she replies, shutting the front door again and locking it. She turns to me and smiles.

"Lead on," I reply smiling back.

She heads for the stairs turning on the upstairs lights at the wall switch and I follow obediently behind her.

We ended up driving into Derry instead of Crossroads for the shopping excursion. More choice, more anonymity. I drove there and Scully drove back. In between the day was all Scully's and you know...I had a tremendous time.

Oh of course I pretended I didn't enjoy it much. It was part of the game and she knew it. I'd grumble, and she'd chide. We'd tease each other. It felt...perfect. And to be fair, after the fourth store she released me from my obligation to continually trail behind her while she indulged her shopping binge. I did a little shopping of my own but then found myself seeking her out and rendezvousing with her to suggest lunch. After that I was at her mercy for the rest of the afternoon and loving every minute of it.

I could tell that despite all her allusions to women being 'shop-a-holics' on occasion that in truth, Dana Scully has very little time to indulge in any run of the mill, mundane personal pleasures. Part of that's by inclination of course - she's not as into shopping for the sake of shopping as she pretended to be this morning. But part of it's the nature of what we do and the nature of her involvement with Mulder and the X-Files in particular. She just doesn't have time to luxuriate in an afternoon trying on outfits and accessories whether she really wants to or not. Hell, she hardly ever takes a vacation much less goes to a mall to buy something.

The idea that she could do whatever she wanted on this trip into Derry was the main point I think regardless of whether she was really in a shop-a-holic mood. So, that touched my heart as I watched her restrained girlish delight at the opportunity of having nothing else to do but spend an afternoon going in and out of stores with increasing numbers of packages in her arms. I did offer to carry the bulk of her acquisitions after she started to look like nothing but a pair of legs behind a huge pile of bags. Of course I didn't mind carrying her purchases at all. God...it was a pleasure.

We enter the master bedroom and Scully turns on the lights. She crosses to the dresser and deposits her purse there before heading to the bed to divest herself of her packages. I deposit the packages on the bed and she lays her contributions onto the collection as well. She takes off her jacket and tosses it on a nearby chair after she takes her cell phone out of it. She toes off her shoes, getting comfortable and then turns to survey the tableau before us for a moment. She laughs.

"I won't have to shop for a year," she states.

"No comment," I rumble a chuckle as I remove my jacket and place it over hers in the chair. I take my cell phone out of it and return to her side, tossing the phone onto the night stand. "My package is still in there somewhere isn't it?" I add, poking around in the pile.

"Oh. Yes...uh..." Scully replies, looking a little perplexed as she turns from putting her cell phone on the night stand as well. I grin and step forward, digging out the one I recognize as mine. I pull it out and turn so that Scully doesn't get a good look at it.

"Here we go," I reply with a smile. She nods, distracted by the largest bag in the pile and proceeds to pick it up while I walk away.

I take the bag over and stuff it down in the drawer I'm using in the dresser. I shut the drawer quickly. When I turn around Scully is carrying the long bag I know is a new business suit for work. But unlike some of the black tailored pants suits she's been wearing lately this one is a soft camel colored skirt and jacket suit and it looked wonderful on her when she tried it on. That was the third store we stopped in and I was glad I was still hanging around at that point for sure.

She stops after she hangs the suit up in the closet and stares off into space for a moment.

"What?" I ask her quietly.

"Oh...I was just thinking. We should call Mulder," she replies.

"Yeah, I think it's time," I reply, nodding.

"Do you want to call or should I?" she asks, her tone of voice giving me the idea she prefers the latter. Yes, I can tell she wants to do it. I don't mind. I think she's still excited about the day and I can tell she really wants to share that a little with him.

"No, you go ahead. I thought maybe I'd go down and make some coffee. Are you hungry at all? I could make something for dinner," I reply, raising my eyebrows.

"After that lunch? Good Lord, no," she gives me a rueful smile, as she picks up her cell phone.

I chuckle and nod.

We ate a late lunch at a Japanese restaurant in Derry and gorged on sushi. I picked up the tab this time and I have to say it was well worth it for the amount of fish we ended up consuming. I joked about it afterwards telling her she shouldn't feel too guilty, after all she needed the energy for the remainder of her shopping.

"I hear you. Just coffee then. I'll be back in a bit," I reply, turning to go. "Oh, and Scully..." I add just before I go.

"Yes?"

"I expect he may be at his mother's house...but I guess we should give him the benefit of the doubt even though we both suspect he's there," I add, shrugging.

I suppose there's a remote possibility he may have gone back to DC or even driven up the coast in order to be closer when we did call.

"I'll take it under advisement," Scully replies, nodding.

From the expression on her face and the tone in her voice I know she's positive he's at his mother's house and she's going to let him know it. I give another shrug, this one mentally. I think Mulder needs to hear what she has to say once in a while. In this case definitely.

In any event, my leaving the room will give her some privacy for the call. I can come back up after I make the coffee and catch the rest of her conversation with Mulder.

As I leave the bedroom I hear the packages on the bed rustle as she sits down to make the phone call.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 5:30 PM. A Motel 6 outside Greenwich, Connecticut.

I pick up another chocolate chip cookie and pop it into my mouth. A swig of milk out of the carton follows and I lay back again against the pillows with a grunt of contentment as I chew. Dinner over, this is the dessert I waited for all day. Oh yeah, it was well worth the wait. I munch away as I place the milk carton back on the table between the beds in the motel room. Yes...I even stopped at a grocery store for the milk.

Some crumbs fall on my T-shirt and I pick them up and suck them off my fingers before I reach for the TV remote. I flip on the TV and select the station that the little card on top of the set told me would be the Playboy Channel. Of course I have to pay for my smut. It'll go on my bill. I toss the remote down on the bed and stare at the screen as Monique starts working her way through the men...and women in her aerobics class.

I give a split-second's thought to calling my two lovers. Bad idea I conclude. After all, they said they'd call me and I vowed not to interfere with their time together until they gave me the high sign. I have to think things are going well otherwise I might have received a negative call. So, I'm content to wait...well...as content as I can be with enforced inactivity. I suppose I could have stayed on at Teena's house but...on second thought that kind of activity wasn't the activity I had in mind at all at this juncture.

Nope, I'll camp out here for a while. I figure I'll just watch Monique enthusiastically fucking and sucking every warm body in sight and then...my thoughts are interrupted by my cell phone beeping. I pick up the remote, mute the TV and then quickly grab my phone from the night stand. I fumble it to my ear.

"Mulder," I cough as I try to swallow my chocolate chip cookie.

"What are you eating?" Scully chuckles over the phone.

"Homemade chocolate chip cookies. Want some?" I reply, clearing my throat.

"It sounds like I almost got some over the phone," she replies, chuckling a little harder.

"Scully...I could say something at this juncture because you walked right into that one...but I'll spare you," I chuckle, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder. I almost drop it and as I fumble again to stop from dropping the cell I roll on the TV remote.

Monique's voice comes out of the TV speaker loud and crystal clear.

"OH GOD, ROD! FUCK ME!"

I snatch the remote up with my left hand and struggle to turn the TV off as the buxom brunette grabs her aerobics instructor, aptly named Rod, between her legs. My cell phone falls onto the bed. Finally I succeed in turning the TV off and grab my phone up again.

"Scully?" I gulp into the phone. There's dead silence for a few seconds on the other end of the line.

"I take it you're not at your mother's house?" Scully asks in a deadpan voice.

I sigh. Yup - busted.

"No," I reply. "I'm in a Motel 6 right outside Greenwich."

No sense in hiding it. I knew they knew anyway. I let my head sag back against the headboard.

"What happened?" she asks, concern in her voice.

"It's ok, don't worry. I did go to see my mother. We had a very productive talk. My mother's getting with the program and..." I begin to reply.

"Mulder...God, you know you really should have let us know..." Scully interrupts. I hasten to interject my apology.

"All right, I know. I should have told you I was going to see her. I'm sorry. I was going to tell you all about it when I got up there," I rapid-fire off into the phone.

She sighs.

"That trips so easily off your tongue, you know," she replies quietly.

"What?"

"That, 'I'm sorry', Mulder. It sounds so...pat."

I straighten up and crease my brow.

"What's that supposed to mean? I 'am' sorry. I know I shouldn't have tried to keep the fact I was going to see my mother from you both," I reply, annoyance creeping into my voice.

"All right...I...look, that was out of line. I shouldn't have said that. I'm glad it went well with your mother too. Very glad. But listen...we're going to have to talk about communication when you get up here. We're going to have to discuss all of us being more truthful and up front with each other," she replies, her voice brooking no argument.

Well, shit. She's right even though I bristle a bit over her voicing the issue and how she voiced it. Yeah, I need to stop trying to double guess how things will affect all of us. I need to stop haring off when it might impact us all. I need to be more truthful and I gather from her tone of voice that Walter has already done his mea culpa in that area. Christ. The two of us really do deserve to be kicked in the ass a few times for what we did to her. I nod to myself.

"Scully...I know you're right. And seriously...my apology is genuine. I felt like a heel not mentioning the trip to my mother's but...I just didn't want you two to worry about it while you were together. I should have known it was stupid to think you wouldn't guess where I was going and worry anyway."

"Well...I can understand your reasoning...your heart was in the right place," she replies, her voice softening a little.

"I guess Walter is pissed. Is he there?" I reply, sighing. I figured he must be listening in and waiting for Scully to get done so he can throw in his two cents as well. Oh yeah, I imagine Walter has one or two choice things to say - like I should have lived up to my word and been more open with him as well.

"No, he went down to the kitchen to make some coffee. I suspect he wanted to give me some privacy to talk to you. He's not happy about your non-disclosure. He'll have something to say about it. But he'll be ok. We'll...we'll just all have a talk when you get here. I'm sure everything will be fine. Look...I didn't mean to jump down your throat. I just...I don't know...it just all came out," she replies ruefully.

"Yeah, well...I guess we can thank Monique for that happening," I reply.

"What?"

"Monique and Rod - you know 'Oh God, Rod! Fuck me!'"

"Good Lord...I have to admit that startled the hell out of me," she replies, chuckling a little.

"You don't mean you're jealous?" I ask in mock indignation, knowing full well that's not what she's getting at.

"Get real, Mulder. No, I had this horrible picture of you trying to watch some video at your mother's and her walking in on you...oh never mind," she laughs.

I chuckle as well.

"Don't worry about it, Scully. I had it coming. Like I said - I know you're right. We'll talk about whatever you guys want to talk about when I get up there. I mean that," I reply sincerely.

"All right. I know. And really, I didn't mean to snap at you," she replies, love in her voice.

"No problem," I reply, smiling into the phone. "Hey...I miss you, Batwoman," I add quietly.

"Even my snapping?"

"Every bit of it."

"I miss you too, Boy Wonder," she whispers.

I clear my throat of the sudden lump in it and change the subject.

"So...I take it you and Walter have been practicing your honesty together?" I reply, teasing her gently. "How are things going?" I'm pretty sure from what she's said so far that things are going well and that the answer will be positive.

"Things are going wonderfully, actually," she replies, her voice brightening instantly. "I'm sitting on the bed in the master bedroom with about a year's worth of clothing in bags heaped around me," she replies, her voice bubbling.

"You went shopping!? More to the point...you 'and' Walter went shopping?" I ask incredulous. I know Scully isn't overly fond of marathon shopping sessions, although to be honest that's partly because I probably don't give her enough damn time to indulge when the mood takes her. But Walter...Christ getting him into a mall would be like my getting into Mary Jo Cronkite in the 8th grade - it just doesn't happen.

"Yes, Walter came along...he was..." she grows quiet for a second.

"Scully?" I ask after the silence grows a little long.

"Mulder...he's been wonderful. Really. I..." she hesitates again and I can hear her breathing on the other end.

"It's ok. I know...he has that effect on me too," I assure her quietly. "He's just very...Walter."

"Yes...yes he is," she replies.

"I guess I don't have to ask if you settled matters," I reply, smiling.

"No...no...you don't," she replies her voice very soft and filled again with love.

I feel my eyes mist over. God, I am so glad that worked out. I know Walter had such high hopes that it would and I'm really ecstatic for them both. I knew he loved her. I knew she loved him too. I am so lucky. We're all really very lucky.

"Mulder?" Scully interrupts my jubilation.

"Yes?"

"Walter just walked in. Do you want to talk to him?"

"Yeah, put Batman on," I reply, steeling myself in the event he's ready to rant.

As soon as I hear her hand him the phone and the familiar sound of his breathing on the other end I launch into a preemptive strike.

"Walter...before you go up one side of me and down the other for not telling you I was going to my mother's house...Scully did a masterful job of it...so can you just review her report later and let me off the hook this once?" I blurt out in a rush.

He gives a rumbling chuckle.

"I miss you too, babe," he replies.

"Oh man...I am so sorry...really. Honest to God, if I'd thought that..."

"Mulder...don't worry about it, all right? Did everything go all right with Teena?"

"Yes...I can tell you all about it when I get there."

"Fine. We'll have a talk at some point after you arrive. I definitely want to hear what occurred between you and your mother. But look...we all need to clear the air, I think. You, and me and Scully...together...just like Scully and I did. And, lover...believe me...you'll be happy you did," he purrs into the phone.

I feel my whole body go warm in one great wash of heat. Oh Jesus. My cock was half hard talking to Scully. Now it's a steel bar in my underwear. Well hell, it looks like old Rod and Monique are going to get some one-handed company later. No...on second thought...if I jerk off I'll have less to go on when I get to Crossroads. Better to tamp it down and let it simmer. Oh man...this is great. I can hardly wait. Clear the air...I'm there, no problem with the promised pay-off of those last few words buzzing in my ears. Yes, sir.

"So, I take it this means you both want me to come on up there?" I reply in my best husky voice.

"Just a second...Hmmm?" Walter replies. Scully is saying something and he rumbles another chuckle and then answers me.

"Batwoman says I'm being a cock tease and to just tell you to haul your ass up here as soon as you can," he replies, his voice like fine sandpaper tickling my balls.

"I'm outta here. I shouldn't be too long," I reply, smiling wide.

"Good deal. But listen...there's a storm front coming in here. It's starting to rain here already. Don't put that Olds in the ditch. We'll be here. Don't push it," he replies matter-of-factly.

That's my man. Ever ready but ever steady.

"Yes, sir, I'll do my best, sir," I reply, smirking into the phone.

"See that you do, Agent," he replies, giving me his best AD growl.

"Say bye to Scully. Tell her I love her too and I'll be there soon," I finish up.

"Will do. Love you too. Later," Walter replies and then he hangs up.

I turn off the TV quickly and get out of bed, my erection tenting my boxers. Ah hell...well I'm not giving in. "Just wait," I tell my saluting cock. "Like Walter said...believe me...you'll be glad ya did, big guy."

Grinning, I cross over to the chair to retrieve my jeans and then I begin to repack my bags as fast as I can.

xXx

Saturday, September 18, 1999. 6:00 PM. Dragon's Roost. Crossroads, Maine.

I hang up Scully's cell phone and hand it to her shaking my head. My lips turn up in a wry grin at the piece of paper she had on the night stand and indicated with a nod of the head that I should read when I came into the master suite.

"How did you manage to write that so fast with only one hand on such a small piece?" I ask her.

"Years of practice," she replies, giving me a rueful grin in return as she puts the cell phone on the night stand.

I hand her a cup of coffee.

"Thanks," she replies.

"My pleasure," I reply, glancing at the note again as I sip from my cup.

The note says:

/I talked to him. Go easy./

"So...if his opening salvo to me was any indication, I take it your 'talk' with Mulder was productive?" I ask carefully.

She must have let him have it and by the way he started our conversation that would have been obvious without the note. I figured she would blast him a little. I know I would have done the same thing, even though there's always a chance that lecturing Mulder will have the opposite effect you intend it to have on him. You always risk having him set his jaw and stubbornly do just the opposite of what you suggest. But, from the way Mulder sounded when we talked, that wasn't the case. He's on the same page. So, maybe when we do all talk later it will be an easy discussion.

Scully sips her coffee and then answers me.

"I was a little rough on him at first. I ended up apologizing for it. But yes, it was productive. He's agreed to talk later with no protests. I was also glad to hear his mother was amenable to discussing issues as well. That should make things a whole heck of a lot more easy," she replies, looking up at me with a brief smile.

"Good. And as far as being rough...I have a confession to make. One reason I didn't volunteer to call him was that I was afraid I'd let him have it with both barrels and that wouldn't have been productive at all," I reply, sighing a little as I shift my weight onto one leg, cocking my hip. I bring the coffee cup to my lips again.

"He can be so infuriating, can't he?" she replies, shaking her head in bemused annoyance.

"Vexing," I offer after I swallow my coffee.

"Maddening," Scully counters.

"Wouldn't want to change him," I deadpan.

"Ditto," she replies, starting to chuckle. Then she laughs and so do I.

It's a good, hearty, sputtering laugh and we both just manage not to spill our coffee. Finally, after we compose ourselves again, Scully speaks.

"He sounded good, didn't he?" she suggests.

"Yeah. He did."

"He sounded..." she starts to reply but then stops and I watch her face blush.

"What?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and grinning as the flush spreads downward. "Oh...I know," I chuckle. "Yeah...he sounded hot. Shit...I can hardly wait to see him too," I add, my ears burning a little as well.

Scully chuckles ruefully.

"God...we've got it bad haven't we?" she giggles.

"I've got it bad for both of you," I reply, huskily, watching her breasts as her nipples harden through her T-shirt.

"Oh...I quite agree. So...what do you suggest we do until he gets here?" she asks, raising an eyebrow. I walk closer and put my coffee cup on the night stand. She puts hers down as well.

"Let's clear off the bed," I reply, my voice rough with arousal.

"My plan exactly," she replies, smiling at me.

We carefully place all the packages next to the dresser for later unpacking. While I'm carrying the last one over, Scully goes back over to the bed. I hear the bed springs give as she climbs in. When I turn around she's seated, her back against the headboard, her arms behind her head, watching me.

"Stay right there," she demands as I advance towards her. I raise an eyebrow.

"Strip," she orders. I grin.

"With pleasure," I reply.

Oh yeah. This couldn't have worked out better. I had been trying to think of a way to reveal my earlier shopping excursion purchase. As it turns out...Scully has supplied me with the perfect venue.

She grins back as I start to slowly pull my clothes off. I've done this for Mulder and you know...to be honest...I'm kind of piss poor at a striptease. I can't get anything fancy going in the way of erotic movements and such. I mean I'd look fucking ridiculous shoving my crotch up into Scully's face or dancing around shaking my ass anyway. But I do know that if I take everything off slowly, maybe stroke myself in the right places, and maintain eye contact with my lover when they do look up at my face it's more than enough of a show.

So, I go through my pretty basic repertoire of moves with Scully and I'm gratified to see that they work as well with her as they do with Mulder. Her breathing picks up quite admirably and those sweet, hard nipples nub up even harder as I run my hand over my chest and stomach muscles.

I take everything off except my jeans, just letting my clothes pool on the floor. The only things that go on the dresser are my glasses and watch. I'm saving the best for last. Well at least I hope Scully thinks it's the best. I have to tell you it took all the guts I could muster to go into that Frederick's of Hollywood store in Derry. Christ. Yeah...what do you think I looked like in there? Some tight-assed middle-aged executive who didn't have a clue what to purchase to add some zip into his and the wife's night life? Hey, at least I wasn't dressed for success in full Bureau regalia.

But...I certainly stumbled my way through my encounter with the exceedingly helpful sales clerk. I was at my lock-jawed best that's for sure. The clerk didn't bat an eye though. She helped me out and said nary a word when I decided to wear my purchase home and stuff my briefs in the bag she gave me after I paid for the thong. I have to thank Gloria of Frederick's for any success I have here this afternoon much more than my own meager striptease talents or any God given assets I possess.

I turn around and unbuckle my belt, pushing my jeans down so Scully gets a tantalizing revelation of my ass. I hear her make a small noise as I drop my jeans on the floor and step out of them. Finally I turn towards her, trying to keep a straight face because now I'm dangerously close to thinking how silly I look and the thought is making me want to laugh like hell at myself suddenly.

Luckily, Scully isn't looking at my face. No. She's looking right where I want her to look as I snap the elastic strap on the leopard print Frederick of Hollywood's men's thong with both my thumbs. She's zeroed in on my cock and balls as they do a nice little jiggle for her inside the confines of the animal print silk pouch. Jackpot. Oh yeah. If she could see her face.

"Ta da," I finish up with a flourish, taking a small bow.

"Oh my...I'll say," she giggles.

"So...do I look as ridiculous as I feel?" I chuckle, looking down at the spotted scrap of material struggling to cover what is rapidly becoming too large to contain it.

"You're kidding, right?" she laughs harder. "God, Walter..." she adds, shaking her head in amused delight.

"I'll take that as a compliment," I husk out, standing tall, my feet splayed apart, hands on my hips. I'm waiting for her to tell me what to do next. I sense from the way she started out this little scene she wants to be in control this time. I'm in the mood to give it to her.

"Oh, you should. Now...come here," she whispers, crooking her finger at me and patting the bed with her other hand.

I saunter over to the bedside and she moves over closer to the other edge.

"Yes?" I reply, stopping and teasing her, I run a finger down inside the edge of the leopard skin pouch a little as I watch her face. Her eyes drop to my crotch again and she does that thing where she licks her lips. That thing that makes my cock jump every time she laps with her pink tongue tip. She smiles seductively and looks back up at me.

"On your back," she orders, pointing towards the mattress and then she slides off the bed.

I grin and do as she commands, first putting one pillow on top of the other so I can elevate my head for a better view. I lie down with my head on the pillows, my legs spread slightly and my arms behind my head. She walks over to the dresser and slowly removes her watch and the bracelet I gave her, placing both on the dresser next to my glasses and watch. Then she returns to me, standing at the foot of the bed and starts to disrobe.

"Showtime?" I breathe out, as she stands in front of me.

"Tit for tat...so to speak," she replies, grinning at me as she pulls her T-shirt off over her head.

I let my eyes play over her body. God she's got gorgeous tits. When I was in the Marines the guys used to call those high standing tits. They're fucking outstanding tits in my book. I watch as she unsnaps her bra and lets it fall to the floor.

"You have skin like cream," I whisper, smiling as she toes off her socks and then reaches down to pull them completely off.

"I have the skin of a redhead. Freckled," she replies, chuckling as she looks up at me through a fan of her copper tresses.

"All right, cookies and cream," I reply and she laughs.

"Smooth talker," she teases as her hands stop at her plain, white, cotton panties. She captures my eyes.

"I have my moments," I reply, grinning at her. I glance down at the tented material between my thighs and her eyes follow.

"Definitely. No question," she purrs, looking back up. We lock eyes again and she lowers her underwear, letting the cotton garment fall into her jeans. She steps out of the pile of clothing and then walks forward, climbing onto the end of the bed.

"Oh, lady," I rumble as she crawls forward, straddling up over my legs, past my knees until she stops directly in back of my little leopard patch pouch of wonders. Oh...please...do it I think as she pauses over my crotch. She places both hands on either side of the pouch and pulls the velcro tabs that disconnect the front flap from the waistband. Oh yes, thank you. My cock springs free and I take a deep breath as it sends a jolt of excitement right up my spine.

She looks down at me.

"God...that's beautiful," she whispers, smiling at me afterwards.

I chuckle.

"It's all yours," I reply, pulling one of the pillows out from under my head so I lie a little flatter.

"Oh yes," she replies, nodding.

She shifts forward and catches my cock between her thighs, slowly rubbing it between her leg muscles and the folds of her cunt. Oh sweet Jesus that feels good.

"Christ," I hiss.

"Like it?" she inquires, arching an eyebrow as she grinds against me.

"God, yeah," I reply, reaching to touch her breasts. She bends forward a little so I can toy with her nipples, which puts even more exquisite pressure on my cock and balls. I grit my teeth with the sensation and run my hands from her breasts all over her upper torso, caressing, squeezing and stroking wherever I can reach. She seems to like it a lot, moaning a little as I roll her nipples hard between my fingers.

Before long I can feel her arousal soaking my balls as she pumps slowly against me.

"That's it, babe...I can feel every inch of your warm, wet cunt," I whisper as she arches her back and wiggles against me. My cock strokes up over her clit again and again. I'm holding back as hard as I can, and enjoying the show as she uses me to pleasure herself. It's a total turn-on. "It's getting me as hard as a fucking rock," I add with a grunt of pleasure.

"Granite," she groans, her head tilting back.

"Get up and ride," I rumble, reaching forward to take her hip with one hand.

She nods, bringing her head forward and down to gauge her position. I help her steady herself as she levers up. She takes my cock in hand and I use my free hand to take her other hip as she moves into position.

"Oh yes," she hisses as she inserts the head of my cock into her body.

"Yeah...there you go," I reply, arching up my hips slightly as she sinks down onto me slowly. "Uh...good, good," I grunt as I feel her tight, warm sex enfolding me.

She slides down flush with my nuts and relaxes, running her hands over my groin and stomach. I stroke her thighs.

"I can't get over how you fill me," she whispers.

"It feels great," I reply, smiling up into her sweating face. "I...I love you," I add, rubbing my finger over her clit.

"Oh God...oh," she moans.

"I wanna see you come, lover," I whisper as I stroke her clit rhythmically. "Let me do the work. Relax and enjoy it," I add as she looks down at me, her eyes slightly hooded from her arousal.

"I love you," she moans, thrusting her hips gently. I rotate my finger over the sensitive right side of her clit and feel her start to tense up.

"Close your eyes if you need to," I whisper. "I won't mind," I add. She does, and her mouth opens as she starts to pant. Her stomach muscles tighten suddenly and I feel her clamp down on my cock. Her back arches up and she cries out hoarsely as she comes, her arms reaching out blindly for me. I catch one of her hands and hold it tight as she rocks and shudders on top of me.

"Go with it, babe," I whisper. "Do it."

She gasps as air enters her lungs again. She lets out a low moan, bending forward to swat at my hand where I'm still rubbing her clit. I pull my hand away immediately and catch both her arms.

"Ok?" I ask as she sags against my supporting hold.

"God yes. That was incredible," she pants, shaking her head to get her hair out of her eyes. "I really like that full feeling when I come," she adds, smiling down at me. I release her arms and stroke them, looking down at where we're joined.

"Yeah...I like to feel full too," I reply, a little discomforted at admitting it.

It took a lot for me to utter that simple statement. Scully and I haven't talked much about what Mulder and I enjoy together. We do have that kiss and tell rule of course. We don't like to talk to each other about what we do specifically in bed. But Scully has firsthand knowledge of me riding Mulder's cock and how much I obviously enjoyed it. So, I guess it's about time I admitted what I like to her so we can share things on a very basic sexual level.

"I sort of had that idea...uh...after that night I saw you with Mulder in the hotel," she murmurs, touching my hands and stilling them on her biceps. I look up at her again, my brow furrowing. "Walter...it's ok. I...I'm way past any indignation or shock I had that night. I saw you and Mulder making love here in Crossroads. It was beautiful," she adds quietly.

"Thanks, Dana," I reply, smiling. My heart fills with love for her as she looks down at me with understanding. "It's a rush...just like being with you right now is fantastic. At this point I can't argue with how incredible this is," I add, grinning at where she still straddles my erection.

She laughs.

"You have a definite point," she replies, trembling a little.

I stroke her again for a few moments, letting my fingers toy with the curls of her pubic hair and then her tits again.

"Would you like to be on top?" she asks quietly as I shift a little.

"Yeah," I reply, giving her a rueful twitch of my lips.

I think I'm going to need a different position after lying here without really thrusting for this long. I need better leverage for more stimulation.

"It's fine," she replies smiling. "Let's shift then."

"Great," I nod, grinning. I hold the base of my cock to steady it and she pulls up and off. My cock glistens with her inner juices after she moves away. She knee walks over and lies down on her side. I sit up for a second and pull the thong out from under my butt, tossing it on the floor.

"Nice while it lasted, wasn't it?" I ask, chuckling.

"Inspired, Walter. I can't tell you how wet that got me earlier," Scully giggles.

"You should have seen me in the store. You would have been laughing your ass off," I joke, rolling over and facing her on the bed.

"I can imagine," she replies.

"Hey," I reply gruffly, in mock indignation.

She laughs.

"Ok...you got me...yes...I looked my most constipated," I reply and she laughs a little harder. I laugh too, making my cock bounce between us.

Scully becomes more quiet, running her fingertip over my lips. "But it was a sweet surprise. I know it must have taken you a lot to go in that store. I appreciate it," she finishes, removing her finger.

"You're welcome," I reply, bending forward and capturing her mouth. As we kiss a rumble of thunder makes the house shake slightly and we break the kiss, both of us chuckling.

"Earth moved," I grate out.

"Most assuredly," she agrees.

A flash of lightning illuminates the room as she cuddles in close, tipping my erection up between us. We move together again and our mouths play eagerly over each other's. I insinuate my knee between her legs and then she rolls over, and I'm on top of her, deepening the kiss. We part, breathless. I stroke her hair.

"You want a pillow under your hips?" I ask her quietly.

"Good idea," she replies, smiling and touching my face.

I get up on my knees, grab a pillow and help her position it so she's comfortable. She wiggles around a little and then looks up at me where I rock back on my knees, watching her. She strokes her breasts and arches her back a little.

"You look like a fucking cat," I growl, moving in between her legs.

"Like what you see?" she asks seductively, spreading her legs out wide.

"You know it," I answer, arousal making my voice raw.

"Then show me how much," she murmurs, raising her legs up.

I grunt my assent, grab both her legs, shoving them apart and enter her with one firm thrust of my hips.

"Oh God," she moans. "Just like that...yes."

Continued in Part 5
Back to story page