Citizens Against Bad Slash
   
Starting points:
who we are
recent updates
anonymity
news and views
home

Reviews:
Buffy
Highlander
Oz
Star Wars: TPM
X-Files
RPS
those 70's shows
Our recs

Writing:
Fanfic faux pas
Interviews
Tips, tricks and suggestions

Rants:
Slash-related editorials
Top 10 lists
Guest rants

Interactive:
The beta board
Discussion board
Contribute
Promote the cause
Letters to CABS
Sign the guestbook
View the guestbook
Contact

Other stuff:
Links
Corrections, clarifications and general f*ck ups
Our birthday

__________


Click to subscribe to the updates list




Site map

Who we are:
Bios - Bios for Jane Doe, Virginia Plain, C. Miller, June Cleaver and Nancy Spungeon, as well as a list of "honorary citizens."
Recent updates - A list of recent updates, obviously.
Anonymity - Virginia's explanation of why we use fake names.
News and views - Random fandom observations, usually about new badfic sites or archives or miscellaneous things I've noticed. Done by Jane.
Reviews:
Buffy - Contains story reviews and critiques from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fandom.
Highlander - Reviews and critiques for Highlander stories.
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace - Reviews and critiques for Star Wars stories.
Oz - Reviews and critiques for Oz stories.
X-Files - Reviews and critiques for X-Files stories.
RPS - Reviews and critiques for boy band slash and real people slash fiction.
Those 70s shows - Reviews and critiques for stories about Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky and Hutch, Emergency, etc.
Writing:
Fanfic faux pas - Common "errors" we see in fan fiction. Just our opinion. Done by Jane. Includes things like "fear of 'said,'" "tell-all opening paragraphs" and "begging for feedback."
Interviews - Home of our "Ten Questions," where we ask 10 writing and fandom-related questions to one person from each fandom. Includes people like Gemma Files, Te and Maygra. Also includes the RPS fandoms.
Tips, tricks, suggestions - Includes 14 rules of good fanfic, critiquing vs. flaming: know the difference, writing tips for the masses, before you post: a checklist, our general fanfic peeves, reasons to welcome constructive criticism, encouraging feedback for your story and a glossary of slash terms.
Rants:
Editorials - Includes well over a dozen slash-related editorials, including the CABS Awards 2000, pain and suffering at the hands of slash authors, pregnancy fic, boy band slash doesn't suck, things never to do on a mailing list, the "X-Men," careless underachievers, failed overachievers, why C. Miller doesn't read or post at Nifty, ways to know you have a big slash ego, the RPS debate, "how do you come?", the six degrees of badfic and untapped slash sources.
Top 10 lists - For humor purposes only. Three slash-related top 10 lists and "why did the slasher cross the road?"
Guest rants - Contains about half a dozen guest rants, including "The Art and Ethics of Boyband RPS," a young writer talking about discrimination against young writers, Boy Wonder, bad feedback, songfics in the 'N Sync fandom and "The Opposite of Slash."
Interactive:
The beta board - Find or be a beta reader. A classifieds of sorts.
Discussion board - Talk about whatever you feel like talking about, and we and other people will respond. It's fun. Really. It used to be really active, but it's kind of tapered off. I wish it was active again.
Contribute - If you want to write something for us, here are the "guidelines," I guess.
Promote the cause - Banners to link back to us.
Letters to CABS - Feedback from critiqued authors, as well as people who love us and hate us.
Sign the guestbook - Self explanatory.
View the guestbook - Also self explanatory.
Contact - A listing of e-mail addresses for all the contributers, as well as Jane's AIM handle.
Other stuff:
Links - To writing resources, fanfic archives, etc.
Reciprocal links - People link to us, so we link back to them. Contains a whole mish mash of stuff.
CABS corrections, clarifications and general f*ck ups - We spell and get a lot of things wrong, so we keep a sort of log of them here.
Our birthday - Just Jane rambling.
Updates list - If you join this list, every time we update the site, you'll get an e-mail about it.