Title: Slaveboy II: A Child's Rage

Author/pseudonym: PEJA

Fandom: The Sentinel

Paring: Jim/Blair

Rating: NC-17

Status: WIP

Archive: WWOMB and my personal site

E-mail: daltonavon@yahoo.com

Series/Sequel: The Slaveboy Series

Other websites: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

Disclaimers: Well now UPN sold them, Scifi screwed them (not in a good way) so I wants 'em

Notes: Violence and dispair ahead.

Summary: The child takes revenge

Warnings:

 

SLAVEBOY 2: A CHILD'S RAGE

By PEJA

Tears bathed Blair's face. His swollen eyes fixated on the Fires Of Sight, watching as he watched day after day, hour after hour. As he had watched every day and into the night for the past five years.

"Daddy?"

Wiping a hand over his streaked hollow features, Blair turned to the sturdy four year old with a false smile. "Have you finished your lessons, Lash?"

The boy's blue gaze lingered on the flames, seeing the man who was his second father. The man whose crass behavior had banished them to this realm. And who Blair-daddy mourned with his every heartbeat.

"Lash?" Blair said again. "Your lessons?"

The boy held out his hand, revealing the flickering flame of his magic. "I have done them."

Blair smiled again. "Well done, my son. You have advanced quickly. Soon I will have to take you to the home realm and apprentice you to a wizard who came teach you everything I...can not."

"Because of him." Lash pointed to the flames. "I would not have to go away if he...."

"No, Lash."

The boy pouted petulantly, stamping his foot. "It's true, daddy. It is. If he hadn't forced you to hide here you could have learned the ways. You could have taught me what I need to know. It is his fault. It is."

"What is, is, my son. That man, Jim, fathered you as surely as I bore you. Someday you will understand the rest. I promise you that."

"Someday never comes, does it daddy? It's just a specter hanging in the distant future tempting us to look ahead."

Blair tilted his head, studying the enigma that was his child. "You're soul is wise, my son, but you must not tap into the knowledge of your before life time. Not yet. The wisdom you learned in other lives is not for you yet"

Lash looked up at his father with wide eyed innocence. "I would never disobey you, daddy."

That made Blair laugh. A real, open laugh. "I am sure."

The boy toed the dust and tilted a glance up at Blair. "Daddy, what made you leave the other?

A stillness enveloped Blair for a brief moment then he shook it off. "It was not to be."

The boy's eyes narrowed and his head lifted like an animal scenting weakness. "Not to be? Then why conceive me? I know how close to impossible it is even for one of our kind to mate and breed with another of our sex. Why, if you did not want to be with...him...why use the spell of conception?"

Blair's shoulders slumped.

"Daddy, why don't you go back? Why exile yourself....and me...here?"

Blair went down on one knee, gathering his son to him. "I can not return."

"Can not? Or will not?" The boy demanded, thrusting out of the embrace. "You are a weak man, father. I do not want to leave you. I do not want to be trained by a stranger. I do not want to be afraid of going back to our own realm. If the other stands in our way, something needs to be done."

Blair blanched, knowing the danger those words promised. "Lash..."

"No. I won't hear you," Lash shouted, covering his ears with his hands. "I hate him. Do you hear. I hate him with all the force at my command."

"Lash, you must listen."

"No."

Blair grabbed his son by the arms, getting down in his face. "Yes. You will. The other. Your father. He owns me. Do you understand? I am his slave. A run away slave at that. And by right of birth, so are you. If I return to the other realm, he has the right to kill me for running away. And if he learns you are my son, he will claim you as his by right. He will sell you as he would have sold me. Do you understand, Lash? There is no return for me. Only you."

Lash turned flashing blue eyes on his father. "Something must be done to set us free." he spoke in a voice ages older than his years, then he broke free and ran.

CHAPTER TWO

A shiver of electric static swept over Jim and he paused in his daily routine, setting down the bucket of water so he didn't slop half of it over the ground. World-weary blue eyes swept the skyline, searching for storm clouds. Finding clear skies. He expanded his sense of touch, seeking some rumbling in the ground under his feet. The earth was still beneath him, like a slumbering babe.

And then he heard the soft weeping in the forest.

Senses scouting ahead, he followed the distressed mewling into a nearby clearing.

The child couldn't be more than five. Possibly younger. From the glistening chestnut curls flowing down to sweep the grass, he assumed the forlorn figure hunched over on itself was a girl child.

"Child," he said, letting the weeping child know he was there.

The child's head jerked up, revealing a boy's features.

"Don't be afraid." Jim took a step toward the boy, holding his hands before him in a show of friendship. "Are you lost, boy?" he asked, taking a second step. "Are your parents close?" Another step.

The boy shot to his feet, the look of a frightened doe on his pale face.

"No, don't run away," Jim murmured. "I won't hurt you."

The boy's head lifted. His nostrils flared, scenting the air.

"Do I know you?" Jim asked suddenly, approaching the child with out-stretched arms. "You look...familiar."

"Don't touch me."

A flash of anger speared Jim and he suddenly found himself thrown into the dirt. Invisible fingers pinned him to the ground. He struggled against something he could not see. Struggled to escape bonds that tightened painfully around his chest.

"You..." the child stepped into his tunnel of vision, smiling coldly. "I sentence you to death, Jim Ellison."

His small hand raised, silver flame danced in his cradling palm. And the childish fingers curled slowly around the flame.

Jim's scream rent the air.

"Stop."

The word thundered.

"I said stop, Lash."

Softer, ghost words spoken in a voice Jim heard every waking moment, whispering in his head. He turned his head toward the voice he dared not believe was real.

"Release him, Lash."

"He deserves to die," the petulant child railed, but the crushing energy loosened, allowing Jim a desperately needed breath.

Blair stepped closer to the child. "I do not want his life."

"He breaks your heart."

"He has no control over what I feel."

"Your tears...."

"Are my own."

"He holds you imprisoned."

"Again, no."

"If he lives, we will be separated." the boy argued. "I don't want to leave you, daddy." Lash cast him an imploring glance. "If he were gone..."

"No, Lash." Blair repeated. "That is not my wish."

Sparks of rage danced in Lash's quicksilver gaze as he turned toward Jim. "I don't want to leave you, daddy." His small finger's quivered around the magic in his palm. "He won't let us be together."

Jim writhed under the ever tightening energy bonds, curling into a protective ball.

Blair stepped between his son and the man he would forever love, siphoning the deadly energies into himself. He collapsed to his knees. "Lash.... stop."

"Blair....." Jim managed, his agonies lessening by slow degrees.

Blair's head swiveled around. "I'm sorry, master." he rasped.

"It's not fair.." Lash's hand dropped to his side. He stamped a foot in the dust. "It's not. It's not." He whirled around, dashing into the surrounding forest.

"Lash, wait...." Staggering a bit, Blair gained his feet and made to follow the fleeing boy.

A low moaned,"....Blair...." called him back.

Blair hesitated, glancing between the two who meant his life to him. Another lower whimper decided for him. He rushed to the battered man writhing in the dust.

Crouching down, Blair rubbed his hands together then ran them over the anguished man. Healing energies bathed Jim in a warm, white light and his tiny gasps eased.

Blair watched life's light fill his ex-lover's faded blue eyes and he smiled sadly.

If only....

Jim floundered like a fish on dry land, his hands fluttering for purchase in the dust. Blair rolled him over, murmuring comfort words that did nothing to calm the larger man.

"Rest." Blair smoothed trembling hands over a warm body he'd craved to touch for more years than he cared to consider. His healing fingers caressed pain drawn cheeks, absorbing more of the agonies into himself. "I can't do more, Jim. I don't trust you to let me walk away if..."

"Stay...."

Blair’s head dropped, concealing his own desires behind the curtain of his curls. "Your hurts will fade soon." he whispered, beginning to push to his feet.

Jim's harsh grasp captured his wrist. His commanding gaze, swirling with the intensity of years pain seized Blair's hapless gaze. "You belong to me." Jim ground out through tight clenched teeth. "You stay."

Fear sparkled in Blair's returning gaze. His head swiveled in the direction Lash had fled, his searching eyes frantic. "I....My son..."

"I'll capture him soon enough." Jim rasped, panting in his effort to gain his feet and still retain a hold on the distraught mage.

"Capture....No, please..."

"Shut up." Jim shook Blair roughly. "Do you hear me. Just shut the hell up."

"Please," Blair clutched at Jim's sleeve. "Please, master. I'll do...anything....anything for his freedom."

Jim's gaze darkened and a look of pure revenge crossed his haggard features. "Anything?"

Swallowing past the lump in his throat, Blair nodded.

A shark's smile whispered over Jim's lips. "Your word?"

Blair nodded again. "Just ask?"

"Give me your total allegiance, slave."

Blair recoiled as if he'd been slapped, the color fleeing his face.

"Your vow...Now."

Eyes swimming, Blair asked, "You'll leave Lash free?"

"I said so." Jim forced Blair's head up. "You don't ask the same for your...wife." he said, his lip curling.

"I...." Blair twisted his head away. "I had no wife."

"A bastard, then?"

A tremor shook him. "Tech....technically, I suppose."

"This woman who bore you a son?" Jim asked. "You had no feelings for her?"

"I....There was no woman, master," he whispered.

"No wo...." A look of unadulterated confusion flickered in Jim's eyes. "But...Oh....Oh, God's blood....You....A man....A man birthed the child?"

Blair ducked his head. "I bore the child."

CHAPTER THREE

Jim paled. "And the...the father."

Blair's teeth tore his lower lip, drawing blood. "I....Please, I don't want to talk about it."

Jim's finger touched the bleeding cut. "Don't do that, little one. You are damaging my property." He compelled Blair to meet his gaze. "You are mine, so you understand? Mine. As such, you will talk about this man, slave." Jim rasped, his fingers tangling in Blair's long curls. "It is my right to know."

Blair shook his head as much as Jim's grasp allowed. "No..."

"Yes, Sweet," Jim said softly. "Yes."

"Master...."

"The father...Did you care for him?"

A silvery tear slipped between quivering lashes.

"Tell me, little one. This man broke your heart, didn't he?"

Blair nodded. "I...loved him."

"And he....?"

A quick shake. "He never knew."

Jim caressed the bowed head. "He.... left you?"

Blair shuddered.

"Oh, Sweet...." Jim murmured, gathering Blair closer and smoothing circles over his back. "It's all right. I've got you now. Everything will be all right."

Blair stood quietly unresponsive in the tender embrace.

"Look at me, Blair." He hooked a finger under Blair's chin. "Look at me."

Blair's lashes lifted.

"You belong to me, Blair."

A tremor shook the smaller man and he nodded.

"Say it. I want to hear the words."

Blair's lashes dropped. "I....belong to you, master." His voice cracked and he swallowed hard. "I give my life and power to you. I swear to serve you, to protect you, master. With my very life."

"Thank the gods." Jim swept him into a breath-stealing hug. "Thank the gods for bringing you back to me, my Blair."

Blair whimpered, his hands fluttering for escape. "....hurting."

Jim hurriedly loosened his hold just enough so he could gaze at the downcast head of his lover. "Your.....son shall remain free."

Blair choked on a sob. "My thanks, master."

Jim gathered the other man in his arms, gently rocking him. "I....Oh gods, my Blair. I've missed you so."

Blair chanced a quick glance up. "You missed...me?"

"Five years..." Jim whispered his words a soft brush over Blair's lips as he closed the distanced between them. "Five years....wasted...

Blair nodded, trembling. "You waited that long to punish me. When will we begin the journey to the slave mart today or tomorrow?"

"Punish? Slave mart?"

Blue eyes drowned in tears. "I ran away because I was afraid, Master. I stayed away because I was afraid."

"Afraid?" Jim cupped Blair's cheeks. "Are you still afraid....of me?"

"Never of you, master. I....When you sell me...I will try to go bravely."

"Sell...? Blair I am not....Why would you think....Ah, my poor sweet Blair. No..." He brushed back Blair's wild curls. "No..." His tongue darted out capturing a silvery tear. "You are mine." He licked a path to Blair's lip, tracing them in a slow lapping way that had Blair groaning into Jim’s mouth. "Never," he admonished, breathing in Blair's sweet breath. "Never think it." His lips swooped, claiming Blair's open mouth in a soul-stealing kiss.

Blair sighed into the embrace, relishing being in the space he'd only dreamed of for so long. Then memory kicked in, replacing the passion. He groaned a no, hands fluttering for release.

Jim broke the kiss, frowning down on him.

"My son..." Blair whispered, his eyes suddenly frantic. "I must find him. He's only four and...."

A dark scowl lowered Jim's brow. "Four?"

New fear rose up in Blair's eyes. "Master...."

Jim captured Blair's face in a restraining grasp. "You said his father never knew? That's what you said, right? His father never knew...."

Enrapt in fear, Blair didn't so much as blink.

"Just exactly when was the child....conceived?" Jim demanded, giving Blair a little shake.

Blair's tongue moistened dry lips. "I beg you, don't ask me about my son. Anything but my son."

"That boy...." Jim gave him another shake. "That....little demon.... He's mine, isn't he? He's mine?"

Blair bowed his head. "No....."

"You're lying." Jim accused, forcing the other man to meet his eyes. "You are lying. I can tell, Blair. You don't lie very well. Not to me."

"Please," Blair whispered. "Don't...."

"Tell me the truth."

Blair melted in on himself, seeming to grow smaller in Jim's grasp as his body slumped. "He....Lash is our son." His gaze flicked up, imploringly desperate. "You promised you wouldn't claim him. You said you would leave him free. Master, please. I so wanted to take something of you when I went away. Don't punish him for my weakness."

"You think I would enslave my son?" Jim demanded. "My own son? Blair, what kind of monster do you think I am?"

"Forgive me, master," Blair murmured. "I...misjudged you."

"Well I certainly hope...." A look of wonder filled Jim's eyes and he lifted Blair's chin, bringing him back into eye contact. "You...You said you loved the boy's father." His smile grew into a wide grin. "You love...me?"

New tears welled in blue eyes and Blair nodded. "Forgive me."

"Forgive you?" Jim searched the lean features. "Why would you ask...Oh God's blood, Blair...My Blair" He gathered Blair close, his lips swooping down to claim his.

Blair stood, frozen under the passionate attack for a full moment before his own arms crept slowly up to clutch at Jim's shirt for support.

Jim tongued Blair's lips, demanding entrance. Blair moaned, opening under the bigger man and Jim's tongue drove forward, diving deep to devour the long desired flavor that was uniquely Blair.

The kiss ended in a vicious downpour of icy water.

"Lash..." Jim growled, shaking the water off his over heated body while Blair giggled helplessly.