Title: KISS ME CRUEL

Author/pseudonym: PEJA

Fandom: the sentinel

Paring: Jim/Blair Jim/Blair/Rafe Blair/other (meet JT, everyone)

Rating: NC-17 for abuse

Archive: the WWOMB

E-mail address for feedback: daltonavon@yahoo.com

Other websites: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

Disclaimers: Jim and Blair belong to Petfly, but their personas are my own, as is the delightfully protective JT who belongs to me and Blair body and soul.

Notes: This is an AU. Any resemblance to the well known characters is quite deliberate, but the character abnormalities make them mine

AUTHOR'S WARNING: These two are not the J&B you know well, so if a hard Au doesn't appeal, you know what to do

Summary: Jim leaves a battered and bruised Blair to another's tender care

Warnings: Jim is a man with a temper: Blair is a man with a secret to protect

 

KISS ME CRUEL

By PEJA

A big hand gasped Blair's bruised forearm, making him wince.

"Gotta go, Chief," his lover spoke gruffly into his ear then sprang off the bed, uncaring of his partner's injuries.

Riding the buck of the bed, Blair clenched his teeth against the jolting his battered body took. His soft whimper went unnoticed as Jim jerked away the velvet spread revealing Blair's well marked body to sparkling blue eyes.

"Oh we did have a good time last night, didn't we?" Jim asked, sliding into tight black jeans.

Blair met Jim's mocking gaze with silence, catching his quivering lip between sharp teeth.

Jim set his hands on his hips, his jeans hanging open, and turned a narrowed gaze on the slight man. "Didn't we, Blair?"

Suppressing a fearful shudder, Blair managed a softly whispered, "Yes....A very good time."

Jim nodded, smiling his satisfaction. "Good. Good." He quickly did up his jeans and snatched up his shirt, shrugging into it and buttoning up without sparing him another glance. "I won't be needing you for a couple nights, Chief."

 "A....a couple nights?" Ignoring his body's screaming protest, Blair propped himself up on his elbows. "But I thought...."

"Thought what?" Jim was on him with the speed of the great cat that was his spirit guide. "That I’d be back tonight like a backstreet tom panting after a bitch cat in heat?" Vicious long fingers curled over bruised arms, birthing new ones, deepening old ones. "Is that what you thought, slut?"

"No...." Blinking back his tears, Blair shook his head. "I...No...Forgiv...."

Disgust fouled Jim’s striking features and he thrust Blair out of his hands roughly. "Stop you damned whining. I said I'd be back in a couple days."

Whimpering, swallowing the bitter taste of blood that rose in his throat, Blair cringed under the brutal glare. "Yes. Yes, all right. A couple days."

"There's a good little whore." Jim scruffed Blair tangled russet curls. "You know, despite it all, you really are a good little pet," Jim stepped into his shoes, finishing his dressing quickly then turned an appraising glance on the smaller man. "You wear you agonies so prettily." His eyes narrowed and a sneer curled his lips. "Did you learn that on the streets?"

Blair's head snapped backwards, reacting to the verbal slap as surely as if it had been physical. His lush lashes drooped, hiding his secret thoughts. "I...guess."

Nodding, Jim pressed a tender kiss on Blair's pale lips. "Thought as much." Curling a finger under Blair’s chin he turned the smaller man’s face, studying the marring bruise with a cool smile. "Very nice. Very nice, indeed." He shoved Blair’s head away, forcing another hurting groan from him. "A couple days." he said and was gone.

Alone, Blair collapsed into contained tears.

Until another, gentler set of arms gathered up his trembling body and cradled him, rocking him tenderly.

"Shush, darlin’," Gentle lips murmured against the tangled curls. "JTs got ya. You’re safe now, Blair. Safe in my arms."

"Why, JT?" Blair sobbed, curling into the tender embrace. "Why?"

JT peppered Blair's curls with butterfly kisses. "I wish I knew, dear heart."

"He said he won't come back for a couple days. I thought he'd be with me tonight...."

JT pressed Blair back against the pillows. "Blair, what are you talking about? You want him to come back tonight? Look at yourself, for God's sake. You've been beaten within an inch of your life. You belong in a hospital emergency room and that....that....that cop leaves you alone. Hell, you could be bleeding inside...."

"I'm all right, JT." Blair scrubbed away his tears. "Jim knows what he's doing. He wouldn't risk hurting me too badly."

"Don't be a fool, Blair," JT snapped.

Blair winced away from the other man, his eyes wide and fearful.

"Oh, God, darlin’," JT murmured, softening his tone. "I'm sorry. Don't be afraid, dear heart. I would never hurt you. You know that, don't you? I would never hurt you."

Eyes cast down, Blair nodded. "I know."

"Listen to me, love. You have to get away from here. From him."

Blair sighed, shaking his head. "I can't."

"Do you want to die?"

With tears streaming once more, Blair turned his battered face to the wall.

Sudden fear spasmed over JTs angular face. "Blair," He rasped, his eyes searching Blair’s face for deceit. "Do you want to die?"

"It's not like that."

"Isn't it?" JT flung himself from the bed. "No?" He stalked across the room to the dressing table. Snatching up a hand mirror, he stormed back to hold the looking glass before Blair's ghostly, battered face. "Look at yourself, Blair. Look at your face and tell me it's not like that."

Blair's guarded gaze flittered around the room, landing everywhere but the mirror. "Don't do this, JT. I...."

"Don't do this?" JT countered. "No, Blair. You don't. Don't be a fool. Dammit, man, look at what he's done to you this time."

"I know what I look like," Blair rasped. "At least I can well imagine. I was a participant in what happened last night, you know? I could have stopped it. If I'd just told him....." He turned his head back to the wall, biting his lip bloody.

"What?" JT demanded. "You could have stopped this by telling him what? What did he want you to tell him, Blair?"

Blair tossed his head in denial. "Nothing. I don't know. I...."

"I don't believe this." JT rampaged around the room, waving his arms wildly, clenching and unclenching his fists. "I do not believe this. You are one stubborn son of a bitch, aren't you? Why didn't you tell him what he wanted to know? Why, if you only had to open your mouth and tell him.....?" He came to a wild, rushing halt beside Blair, glaring down on the other man. "You stubborn ass. Why did you let this continue? What are you? A glutton for punishment?"

Blair refused to meet his gaze, plucking at the rough velvet bedspread. "Guess that's a little hard to deny, huh? I guess that about sums it up. I like to get beaten up and fucked. Turns me on."

"Bullshit." JT waved his arms, spinning around on his heel. "This is bullshit, Blair."

"JT, I really don't want to go into this. Not right now. I...." his words dwindled away, swallowed up by a guttural gasp, he curled over on himself, clasping his arms around his stomach.

"Sick?"

Blair nodded, covering his lips with one hand.

A bowl appeared under Blair's nose just in time as he lost control and retched violently.

"Oh, God," Blair said, finally slumping back into his pillows. "Oh Jesus God."

"Rinse," JT handed him a glass of water. Blair swished a mouthful around and spit into the bowl. "Again." Blair obeyed without resistance. "Better?" JT demanded, popping a tictac between Blair's paper white lips.

Pale and heavy lidded, Blair slanted him a glance. "Breath mints?"

JT shrugged. "Been carrying them since the last time he beat you to the point of puking. Don't like the taste of an after-the-sick kiss."

Blair's grin was a shadow of itself. "Man, this really sucks." he said, dropping his head back on the pillows and covering his eyes with a black and blue arm.

"Leave him."

He shook his head under his arm. "I can't."

"Bullshit."

"JT....I can't."

"No, you can, but you won't."

Blair shrugged, sighing. "Whatever."

"This is crap, Blair. Leave him."

A single tear crept down his white cheek. "I can't. JT, you have to understand. I just can't."

JT settled carefully down on the bed beside a trembling Blair. "What does he have on you, Blair?"

"What makes you think...."

JT cut him off with a glance. "Blair....?"

Blair ducked his head, resting his chin on his mottled chest. "Nothing...."

JT curled a finger under his chin and gently lifted Blair's face until their eyes met. "You're lying to me, dear heart."

Blair opened his mouth but JT silenced him with a finger against his lips.

"Don't compound the lie, Blair."

Uncertainty flickered in blue eyes, then drowned under a new rush of tears. "You gotta understand, man...."

"No." JT shook his head, wiping the tears away with gentle fingers. "No, I don't. And I won't..."

"JT...." The finger dropped again, silencing him.

JT smiled. "But I won't ask again.....For now."

Diamond bright eyes lifted. "JT, I am sorry."

"It's kewl, Blair."

JT nibbled Blair's lower lip. Moaning, Blair opened under him. JT deepened the kiss, gently taking the brutalized man in his arms. Blair sighed, reaching up to curl his fingers in JT's blond hair.

"Enough," JT broke the kiss and tucked Blair up against his chest. "So....?"

Blair nuzzled JT's nipple through his shirt, his nails scratched the denim covered cock under his hand. "There's nothing to tell."

JT stilled his hand. "Would that that be true. What brought this..." His hand hovered over Blair's bruised forearm. "....on."

Blair tipped his head to meet JTs eyes. "He's been having me watched."

"Oh, Christ."

"He knows."

"Blair...."

"No, JT. Don't ask. I can't get out." Blair protested. "I don't... want to get out."

"Why? Blair. listen to me..."

Blair seemed to shrink in on himself. "He knows about more than us, JT. And he found out about how I'm paying my school expenses. He knows about...."

"Oh, Blair, don't say it."

"I knows I'm a whore, JT. Knows I.....sleep around for cash. It... pissed him off."

"And he beat the hell out of you."

"And he beat the hell out of me."

"My poor dear heart," JT whispered.

Blair leaned up JT's chest, silencing him with a hungry kiss. "If I leave him, he'll expose my secret. Destroy my career."

"And you want to stay with the bastard."

Blair smiled sadly, stroking JTs face. "I love him. As much as I love you."

"My, my, my, isn't this touching." Jim's mocking voice broke them apart.

Blair jerked around, out of JTs arms.

Jim leaned against the door frame in a deceptively calm stance. It didn't fool Blair for a minute. "Jim....I...."

"Save it, slut." Jim said, the words mild. Then drew his service revolver, aiming it at JT. "Up."

Raising his hands before him, JT stood.

Jim swaggered into the room, his hard gaze traveling over the younger man. Sizing him up. Jim's lip curled in contempt. "So this is the bastard you've been sharing my ass with, huh, little slut?"

Struggling to get his battered body out of bed, Blair whispered, "Don't hurt him, Jim. Please.... It's my fault. JT...."

Chuckling, Jim caressed Blair's swollen cheek. "So, that's his name, huh? JT?" He suddenly lashed out, back handing the battered man across the bed. "You should have told me last night."

JT tensed, but the gun swung around, freezing him in place.

"My slut means a lot to you, doesn't he?" Jim said softly, scorn dripping from his voice. "Is he worth your life?"

JT swallowed hard, his gaze locked on the muzzle of the gun. "You're insane. You can't get away with this."

"You think?"

"You can't get away with killing me here."

"Oh, I don't know. I come back to Blair's place unexpectedly. Forgot a file, maybe. And found some intruder beating shit out of my little teaching assistant buddy. Bim Bam Boom. One dead assailant."

"Blair would never support that story."

An evil smile tugged at Jim's lip. "Let's find out, shall we?"

"Jim, no...." Blair cried, grabbing the hand that had hurt him and peppering it with kisses. "Please. I won't see him again. Jim, let him go. It's not like you think."

"I love him. As much as I love you," Jim mimicked. "You think I didn't hear you say that? Me?" His hand slid into Blair's hair, grabbing up a handful and jerking Blair's head back.

Blair's teeth cut deep into his lips, stifling a cry. His arms wrapped around his head, protecting his face.

"You want this guy, Blair?" Jim seethed, shaking him by the hair.. "You like it when he rams his limp cock up your ass, do you?"

"No, Jim. I swear...."

He back-handed the younger man, breaking open his lip. "Lair."

"Leave him alone, for God's sake," JT said, succeeding in attracting Jim's fury back onto himself.

"You...." Jim waved a furious hand at the other man. "You want this little bastard? Take him."

"Jim, no. Please...." Blair clutched at Jim's arm. "Don't..."

Jim jerked free, shoving the battered man away. "I want you out of here by this evening. Do you hear me, Sandburg? I'll be back to make sure you've cleared out."

Blair flinched as if he'd been struck and the little color he had fled his face. "No," he whispered. "Jim, no."

A cruel smile curled Jim's lips. "I don't know why I put up with your cheating this long." he snarled. "You're nothing but a little tramp who can't keep his pants zipped long enough to ......" He waved a dismissive hand, heading for the door. "Out of here by the time I'm off work tonight, Sandburg."

And then he was gone.

"This can't be happening." Blair's voice bordered on hysteria. "He'll be okay when he gets home tonight. Yeah. Tonight." He rose stiffly to his feet, nearly falling as his knees protested. "I'll...I'll have a nice dinner waiting for him. Candlelight. Champagne. A few hours of romance. Yeah, it'll be all right. I know it will. I..." His voice broke and the tears fell.

 

PART TWO

"Jim, I thought you might like to have...." Blair froze in mid-turn as Rafe preceded Jim into the apartment. "Rafe..."

A cruel smile curved Jim's lips and he nodded. "Yeah, I thought the same thing. What are you still doing here?"

Blinking, Blair's lips formed silent words before he found his voice again. "Ta...Taking up space, I guess." His hands fluttered, waving the linen napkins he'd been folding for the setting. "I...." The napkins dropped, forgotten, missing the laid out table by inches. "I guess I'll just get out of your way." he managed to push out of his tight throat.

"Look, it might be better if we did this some other time," Rafe said softly. "Blair, I am sor...."

"Blair was just leaving, weren't you?" Jim interrupted.

Shattered eyes flicked over Jim then dropped. "Yeah. I..." His diamond bright glance raced around the room. "I'll just grab my duffel tonight, okay?" he said, snatching up the bag in fumbling fingers. "Huh....JT can pick up the rest of my stuff tomorrow while you're at the precinct, okay? I....He knows what's mine. I...."

He came to a sudden halt, his embarrassed exit blocked by the two men in the doorway. Blair lifted apprehensive eyes to Jim. "Please...."

Rafe stepped aside and Blair darted between them.

He didn't make it to the door. Jim's hand snaked out catching up a fistful of russet curls. Slow pressure pulled him back to stand pressed against Jim's rock-hard chest.

Blair cringed under Jim's questing hand. He whimpered softly as strong fingers curled around his cock and squeezed until it hurt. "Jim, don't.... I..."

Jim brushed aside Blair's curls and nuzzled the sensitive spot on his neck, while his hand kept busy below. Blair arched back into his tormentor's embrace, his breaths picking up.

"You little whore. You were always a quick turn on." Jim shoved him toward Rafe.

Rafe caught the stunned man. "Jesus, Jim..."

Jim waved the shocked words away. "Want to sample the bitch before he goes, Rafe?"

Blair's knees trembled under a wave of pure anguish. "Jim, please. I'm sorry I didn't go sooner. I thought...."

Jim kicked the door shut. "Did you really?" His long finger traced Blair's bruised cheek. "Think, that is. How unusual."

"Jim, this has gotten a little out of hand, don't you think?" Rafe asked, his hands rubbing Blair's icy arms. "You're scaring the shit out of...."

Jim silenced him with a quick kiss. "We're gonna have fun tonight, Rafe. You and me...." His fingers tangled in Blair's hair again, tugging his head back painfully. "And the little slut."

"Jim, I don't like the way this is going." Rafe murmured.

"Ah, come on now. I know you want him. I saw you watching his ass in those tight jeans when he came to the station for one thing or another." Jim curled a finger under Blair's chin, forcing his head around. "You want Rafe to fuck you, don't you, slut?"

Blair winced under the harsh words.

"Don't you?"

Fear licked his soul. "Ye-es..." he stammered.

"Say it. Look at Rafe and tell him you want him."

Blair turned his head toward the man holding him, shuttering his gaze with his lashes. "I....want you to fuck me, Rafe."

Jim gave Blair's head a rough shove and stepped away, grinning. "See, its settled then. Blair's gonna service the both of us."

"Jim...." Blair tried one last time. "You don't have to do this. I got the message."

"What message would that be, slut?" Jim asked innocently. "Why so reluctant, huh?" A nasty glint entered cruel blue eyes. "Oh, yeah. I forgot. You haven't been paid yet." Jim dug around in his pocket then drew out a coin and flipped it hard against Blair's chest. "That should just about cover it."

Blair's eyes dropped to the coin.

A quarter.

Two bits.

The message was all to clear.

In Jim's eyes, Blair was a two-bit whore.

Something vital died inside him.

"Okay, let's do it then," he said softly and bent to pick up the quarter.

"Blair, are you all right?" Rafe asked.

Shoving the coin into his hip pocket, Blair turned a false grin on the detective. "Sure, man. Why wouldn't I be?" He slithered over the tall man's chest, drawing his head down for a slut's passionate kiss. "That what ya want, darling? Sure it is. Let me make you feel good." His hand cupped Rafe's cock, drawing nails over the denim covered shaft. "Oh, yeah, You are a big one, aren't ya? Just like I like 'em."

Rafe's breath hissed between his teeth, swallowing up his resistance. His arms wrapped tightly around the other man. "God, I never dreamt...."

Blair rubbed himself over the taller man, stimulating him with every whore's trick he had ever learned. Rafe grabbed Blair's hips and pressed them tight against his own, groaning. "Feels so good."

"That's right, Rafe," Blair rasped, his mind slipping away to watch his body. It was a trick he'd used from the beginning. Separating body from soul. Keeping at least one small part of himself clean. "So good."

Jim chuckled. "Let's move this into the guest bedroom."

Blair contained a shudder. Jim intended to sully every aspect of his time in this apartment. Ah well, after tonight it wouldn't matter.

"Sounds...nice." He drew his hand down Rafe's arm, lacing his fingers with the overwhelmed detective. "Come on, darling. I'm gonna rock your world."

Jim followed them into the bedroom, propping his shoulder on the doorframe. "Strip, Blair. And get on the bed, crossways so we can both get what we want."

Blair hesitated a mere second than slowly slipped out of his shirt and pants, carefully folding them onto the bedside table.

"Briefs too."

Blair shucked off his last defense and stood naked before the two fully dressed men. Just get through this next bit, he assured himself. Afterwards, it won't matter.

Head bowed, he slanted a seductive grin toward Rafe, playing to the man who had been a friend, but was now nothing more than a john in his mind. It was easier than acknowledging that the man he loved hated his guts.

"Want me to undress you, Rafe?" he cooed, sliding his delicate hands under the sweater and easing it slowly up Rafe's chest, peppering the smooth skin with nips and kisses.

Rafe's head fell back and he moaned deep in throat. "God, Jim, he's got magic in his hands."

Blair drifted to his knees, attacking Rafe's slacks with the same seductive treatment. His long fingers slipped down the waistband of Rafe's boxers, stroking the silken shaft into urgent attention before he rolled the cotton briefs down to puddle at the detective's feet.

Rafe's cock shuddered against Blair's cheek. The young man turned his head, licking the hot flesh like a child with a lollipop.

"On the bed," Jim repeated, snatching Blair's arm up and settling the man down on his hands and knees across the bed. "Rafe over there. Let Blair suck you off."

Rafe hesitated a moment before he moved into position. Blair closed his eyes, casting his mind away and swallowed the long hot flesh pressed against his lips.

"That's right, slut. Suck him. Make it special for my new lover, whore."

The sound of a zipper being pulled warned Blair of what was next. He urged his protesting body to relax, waiting for the gentle fingers to prepare him.

Jim's sudden dry penetration tore a harsh scream from his throat, but the sound was muffled by Rafe's hard cock filling his mouth.

Blair closed his mind to what was being done to him. If he didn't think about it, it couldn't hurt him. If he didn't feel, it couldn't destroy him.

Moments later, the johns collapsed across the bed, leaving him the only one not lying down. "Bathroom," he muttered, slipping off the bed.

"Make it fast," Jim snapped, gathering Rafe for a long passionate kiss.

"Yeah, Just a couple minutes."

Blair snatched up his clothes and scurried into the bathroom.

He quickly donned his clothes, then crept back through the apartment and out the door. He dashed down the hall, making good his escape.

"Blair, wait..." JT's voice called him up short.

He turned to stare at the tall man and the tears burst through the ice around his heart. "I can't, JT." he said. "I can't." He whirled on his heel, dashing into the street.

"No." JT shouted. "Look out....."

Blair never saw the car that slammed into him. He never felt the street tearing up his body.

"Blair....?"

His breath rattling in his throat, Blair forced his eyes open. A soft smile curved his lips. "JT..."

"Hang on, Blair." JT turned his head. "Call an ambulance. Somebody, call 911. Blair, hang on, dear heart. Hang on."

"JT...." The light faded from his eyes and Blair slumped in the other man's arms.

 

PART THREE

Jim burst into the hospital room and ground to a sudden halt. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think?" JT glared at the hostile detective across the white sheeted, unconscious Blair. "Waiting for my friend to die."

"That's not going to happen." Scowling darker by the second, Jim strode to the bed and lifted Blair's colorless, chilled hand. "Blair? Can you hear me, Blair? Its Jim."

JT snorted. "Oh, that'll make him want to come out of this."

Jim glowered at the other man. "You think you know what's between me and Blair?" he demanded. "You think you know what my Blair wants?"

"No, not entirely, but I do know he wanted to die because of something you did," JT snarled. "I know he chose to step off the curb into the path of that truck, because I was there to see it happen."

"Don't be ridiculous." Jim growled. "Blair has the strongest survival instincts I've ever seen."

"Except where you're concerned." JT straightened already straight blankets over his injured friend. "Where you're concerned he just can't see past the..." He floundered for a truth he didn't want to acknowledge.

But Jim knew and smiled. "The word you want is love. The little slut had the fool's own luck to fall in love with me, didn't he? Even while he's slipping around, he believes he's in love with me. Even when I'm... Disciplining him for his indiscretions and he wants to hate me, he loves me, doesn't he?"

"Disciplining him? Is that what you call beating the life out of him. Discipline? You need help, cop."

"Blair trusts me."

The fight went out of JT. "And there's the pity. You'll kill him in the end, won't you? One way or another, you will be the reason behind his death."

Jim slanted him a curious glance. "Why would I do that?"

"I know you are the reason for him being here," JT hissed. "I know it. I just don't know what you did to him...this time. Tell me, detective, what pushed him over the edge? What did you do to him?"

Jim's lips parted in a shark's smile. "Not a damn thing any john doesn't do when he lets them pick his ass up off the streets."

JT stared at him in confusion, then his eyes drifted to the shiny quarter lying on the bedside table that the paramedics had pried from his clenched fist at the accident scene. "Oh, my God....You paid him...." JT picked up the coin, staring at Jim. "You paid him this....?"

Jim shrugged. "Figured that was about what he'd charge for a roll with me and my new lover. He's getting up there in age, isn't he? Street values tend to plummet at his age."

"You bastard....."

Jim stepped into the other man's space, pulling him up by his collar. "You call me that one more time and I'll cram your teeth down your throat. Got it?"

JT glared into pale blue eyes. "Think you can?"

"Yeah, I do."

JT grinned. "Why don't you back off.....big guy. Blair won't think kindly on what your doing here, now will he? He walked away from you....finally. Why don't you let him go? You don't want him anyway."

"What I want is my business." Jim released the other man with a rough shove. "Blair is my business. You...I want out of his life. Got that? I catch you with him again and....." he chuckled, cracking his knuckles. "Well, you know how pissed it makes me to think of him with another man."

"I won't abandon him to you, Ellison." JT seethed. "You don't deserve him."

Picking up one of Blair's chilled hands, Jim chuckled. "Then it's damn lucky for me that we seldom get what we....." He kissed a knuckle. "...Deserve."

"I won't let you hurt him anymore, Ellison. I'll report you...."

Jim arched a dark brow. "To who?" A slow smile crept over his lips. "Simon Banks? I.A?" He laughed harshly. "I'm a cop, hooker boy. Who do you think they are going to believe?"

JT glanced at Blair. "You know...?"

"I know everything there is to know, slut. About you and my own personal whore. If I wanted, I could have you locked away so deep you would never see light again." He kissed Blair's second knuckle. "Both of you."

"You wouldn't do that to..."

Jim's brow crept higher.

A look of absolute horror flickered in JTs quicksilver eyes. "You would? My god. You would."

"He belongs to me." Jim brushed the wayward curls back from Blair's washed-out features. "What is mine, I keep."

"You don't want him...."

"Don't I?" Jim threw a cutting glare over his shoulder. "My, now who told you that?"

"The way you've been...."

"Treating him?" Jim's laugh was a harsh bark. "He deserves everything he gets. The bastard cheats on me on a regular basis. For money."

New horror dawned in JTs eyes and he slumped down into his chair. Oh, my God. You....you're jealous."

Jim speared the other man with a deadly glare. "What of it? Damn straight I'm jealous. I took this bitch boy into my home. I took him into my bed. And what does he do to repay me? He sells his fucking ass to any john with the blow to take him up on it."

"Not because he wants to..."

"No? Then why? Why when I'm taking care of him does he strut his ass on the streets?"

JT sighed. "He can't get out."

"Can't? Or won't"

"You know what goes down on the corner, dude," JT said softly. "Once you're in you are in. Out is only done one way." JT covered Blair's hand with his own. "Apparently Blair choose to take that only way this evening." A bitter laugh parted his lips. "Too bad he didn't succeed."

 

CHAPTER FOUR

Day eight and counting.

Jim glared over the body of his cast-off lover, spearing the man he considered his advisary with cobra venom eyes. JT returned the glare with a stubborn tenacity born of absolute conviction that he had his place in the room.

"You ever going home?" Jim asked softly, a shark's grin whispering over his tight lips.

"And leave you here alone with Blair? With all these pillows and plugs that can be pulled. Yeah...right?"

"I'm not going to kill my Blair for Christ's sake."

JT hurled a disbelieving glare at him. "You have been trying to kill him since I've known him. How many beatings do you think..."

"That's none of your business."

"Is when I love the man you're beating to slow death."

"You bastard...."

"Can you two fog horns blow somewhere else," a small voice interrupted, rocketing two men from their seats to latch possessively onto his hands.

"Hey, let go, already." Blair tried to retrieve his hands, but neither man was letting go.

"Blair, how are you feeling?" Jim demanded, pressing the call button for a nurse. "Does it hurt anywhere?"

"You'd do better asking where it doesn't hurt," Blair murmured, looking into the worried face hovering over him.

Jim brushed at the curls threatening to block Blair's face completely. "Well that's to be expected, isn't it? Walking in front of a truck has that effect?"

Blair sighed. "Was that what I did? Pretty stupid thing to do."

Jim had to grin. "Very." He cupped Blair's battered face. "We'll make it better, Little One."

Blair frowned. "We?"

"What else? When they let you come home..."

The scowl darkened. "Home?"

"Maybe he doesn't want to go back there with you," JT thrust.

"Maybe doesn't enter into it. Blair is my lifemate."

"I'm....gay...?"

Confusion darkened Jim's eyes. "Blair...?"

Whatever he was going to say was halted when the nurse pushed into the room and sent both Jim and JT scurrying from the room.

"What the hell?" Jim snarled, facing the closed door with fisted hands. "What the hell?"

"He's confused," JT whispered, his own fears tightening his throat. "He's just confused, right?"

Jim turned on the other man. "Is that what he is? Confused? I'm gay, he said. Like he didn't know...." Jim slumped against the wall, his head dropping back to slam into the wall. "Like he didn't know. Oh, God...."

"Hey, don't do that." JT took the other man in his arms, hesitantly at first, then when Jim responded to the comfort, tighter, patting his back gently. "Blair's going to be all right, Ellison."

Jim clutched at the other man like he was a life line. "I...need him," His words were a soft plea. "I need him."

"I....know..." JT rocked the detective in his arms. "He'll be fine. He's concussed. Confused. In a couple hours...."

A doctor strode past them into Blair's room.

Jim stared at the closed door for several minutes, silent and unmoving. "What if...."

"Don't," JT pressed Jim back enough to meet his eyes. "Don't say it. Don't even think it. Blair will be just fine. Do you understand? He's just got to have a little time to catch up."

*************

A few minutes turned into thirty before the doctor emerged from Blair's room. Jim didn't need to hear the words to know that his fears were a reality

"Are either of you Jim Ellison?" he asked formally.

Jim nodded. "That's me. What is it? What's wrong with Blair?"

"Mr Ellison, Mr Sandburg is experiencing some difficulty remembering."

"Brain damage?"

The doctor shook his head. "It's too early to tell. I've scheduled some tests. But these things. They happen. We don't know why. Not really. Trauma like Mr Sandburg experienced...." He shrugged. "We'll do everything we can."

"How long will he have to stay here?" Jim grinned ruefully. "He hates hospitals."

"Let's get those tests done and then we'll see." The doctor said. "Mr Ellison, there is something else. Mr. Sandburg has some injuries that do not fit the pattern of this sort of trauma. Do you know anything about that?"

A dangerous glitter reflected in Jim's blue eyes. "I don't like what you're implying, Doctor. Perhaps you should contact my superior, Captain Simon Banks of Major Crimes if you suspect...."

The doctor seemed to shrink under Jim's glare. "Banks? Major Crimes? You're a..."

"Yes. I'm a detective." The shark grin flashed as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Detective James Ellison, Doctor...." His sharp glance touched the name badge. "Foley."

Foley blanched. "Yes, well, eh.....I see. Detective Ellison, Mr Sandburg must have....uhmmm...must have fallen harder than we first... surmised." He made a quick note on the charts in his hand. "I'm making a note of that. We'll...not bother you or your captain with...this."

Jim nodded, once. "That's right. Now, I'd like to see Blair." He eyed the doctor sternly. "And I want to take him home...Soon. Make those tests. Make them good. And make then fast. If I even suspect Blair hasn't got the best handling...."

"No." Foley stammered. "No, your lifemate will be given the best possible care. I'll bring in our specialists on this case immediately." He glanced at the chart again. "Eh, there isn't a insurance supplier mentioned here. Do you know...."

"Blair hasn't got any."

"Oh....."

"That won't be a problem, will it. I'm sure you've got a way around that in special cases. Am I right?"

"Oh....Of course. No problem there. Mr Sandburg falls under a priority clause. Best possible care. The hospital will see to the bills."

Jim nodded. "The Major Crimes department will be happy to hear that, Dr. Foley. Most happy indeed. Blair is one of ours."

"Of course. Of course." The doctor looked around frantically. "If you'll excuse me, Detective. I want to get these tests arranged and..." The man dashed off leaving his words hanging on the air.

JT looked Jim over. "Why did you do that?"

"What?" Jim asked, turning away from the sight of the fleeing doctor.

"Scare the doctor that way. He was just doing his job. Why terrorize him?"

"Why not?"

"That's not an answer. What is it with you anyway? Why do you have to use force on everyone?"

Jim shrugged. "Because I can."

"But..."

Jim lifted a hand, silencing the other man. "Look, that doctor was side-tracking. He was too concerned with crap. Not giving Blair the proper care. The big problem here is Blair's memory. His body will heal."

"You think so?"

"Blair is strong. He will heal. Its his loss of memory that disturbs me."

"And that's all that matters to you, isn't it? You aren't at all concerned about his battered body. Just his battered mind."

"Like I said, his body will heal. It always does. His mind, that I have no experience with. That worries me."

JT glared, tight-fisted at the big cop. "I'm not going to be shut out of this, you know?"

"Oh?" Jim tilted his head, looking the man up and down. "You want to stay, huh? Be with Blair?" The shark smile flickered. "Are you willing to....be my fuck buddy to stay with him, slut?" His glance wandered toward Blair's room. "In every way. Just like my Blair?"

"You want me to let you....screw me? Beat me?"

The smile widened and he nodded. "Just like Blair."

 

CHAPTER FIVE

"You can't be serious."

Jim shrugged. "That's a no, then?" He smiled. "I won't say its been great knowing ya. I am glad you've decided to leave Blair alone, though?"

"No." JT rasped, casting a glance toward the closed door. "I..." He shuddered, swallowing hard. "I accept your offer. I'll....I'll do it."

Jim closed the distance between them, wrapped a cruel arm around the blonde man and jerked him hard against his chest. A sharp nail traced the other man's quivering lips. "You know what you are accepting?"

JT nodded, not able to break the hold Jim had on his gaze. "I know."

"Good." Jim's lips crashed down on JT's cutting the inside of his mouth against his teeth. JT whimpered but his arms crept up the bigger man's broad back, clinging to keep himself upright.

"I'll expect you in my bed this evening."

"Blair...?"

"Blair will be joining us as soon as he is released."

JT nodded. "I want to ask one thing, though."

Jim arched a dark brow.

"Blair....You'll....Promise me you won't hit him or....or anything until he's better. I mean, he's not going to be able to take much."

Jim hooked a finger under JTs chin, drawing his gaze. "You ask quite a lot. Blair as a way of sparking my temper."

"Then...." JT swallowed, closing his eyes. "Then use me when he upsets you. I'll take his punishment."

Jim slanted him a curious glance. "Why? Why would you take his punishment?"

JT shrugged.

Jim's fingers encircled JTs throat and he squeezed. "You love him that much?"

JT struggled, clawing at the deadly hand around his throat.

The pressure was gone as quickly as it had begun. "Then you will watch over him while he is recovering. Hear me well, this accident of Blair’s has revealed one surprising turn of events to me.” A soft smile touched his lips before he stifled it under a cruel glare. “I don’t know how it happened, but that man is dear to me. If you let anything...Anything at all happen to him I will kill you. If you try to take him from me, I will find you and I will kill you. If he goes with you willingly I will kill him first and make you watch him die. Slow and painfully. Are we clear?"

JT stared into Jim's rock steady gaze and believed. "Yes. Yes, we are clear."

Smiling, Jim nodded. "Let's go in and see how my Blair is doing, hm?" He cupped JTs elbow with hard fingers, drawing a whimper from the other man.

**************

Jim guided JT to stand beside Blair. "Aren't you going to kiss our Blair hello?" he purred, smiling at the uncertainty in two sets of eyes.

"I...." JT began. "I don't think...."

Jim's hand tightened on his elbow. "Come now, JT. After that hot clench I walked in on the other day, what’s a little swapped spit now?"

"Blair looks tired, Elli...." A hard squeeze warned him of his infraction. "....ehm, Jim."

"Kiss him, JT," Jim said softly. "And then we'll tell Blair our good news."

Blair looked back and forth between the two men. "Good news?"

JT glared at Jim for a brief moment, then leaned over, giving Blair the required kiss. Blair went very still as JT's lips covered his own. JT's tongue brushed the crease between full lips, asking but not demanding.

Blair groaned and his hands anchored on JTs forearms.

Trembling lips parted with a soft sigh. JT advanced the heat of the kiss. "Oh, God, Blair." He drew Blair into his shuddering embrace. "You scared me so damn much."

"JT witnessed your...accident, Blair," Jim said.

Blair met JT's miserable glance. "You were there?"

JT hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "I shouted to you to stop. You were...You didn't hear me....I guess."

"Tell him you'll be more careful from now on."

Blair nodded. "Yes, of course I will," Blair mumbled his gaze dropping to his hands. "I...I'm sorry I scared you."

"Of course you are." Jim brushed a chaste kiss over Blair's pale cheek. "Don't you ever scare us like this again, Blair love."

Blair nodded again. "I'm sorry."

"And well you should be." Jim's arm crept around JT's shoulders, drawing the blonde man tight against his hip. "Maybe you don't deserve to know our surprise."

Blair's teeth clamped down on his lower lips as he took in the casual embrace. "You....Are you a....couple, now?" he asked, his voice breaking. "Is that it? I thought you said we...."

"Yes, Blair love." Jim smiled coldly. "JT is moving in tonight."

"Oh....I see..."

"Do you, Blair love?" Jim traced Blair's quivering lower lip. "Don't you want your lover to join us in our....happy home?"

"Join..." Blair's confused gaze sought Jim's. "Us? You mean...."

Chuckling, Jim took Blair's hand and kissed the warm knuckles, one by one. "But of course, us, Blair mine." He slanted a mocking glance over the trembling hand. "What else?"

"I..." Blair offered a tentative smile. "Do we....do that? Include others, I mean?"

"We didn't." Jim said, his voice dropping dangerously. "Or at least I didn't until I discovered you've been..."

"Ellison, don't...Please.." JT stammered.

Jim’s cold glare lifted to JT and he smiled. "....Hooking downtown."

Blair recoiled as if he'd been slapped. "Hooking?"

"That's all over as of right now, though," Jim warned. "For both of you."

"What?" JT jerked around. "You can't do that. Madrid will kill us."

The shark's smile flashed. "Madrid, huh? Hangs out in that Italian cafe on Cascade and third, right?"

"Yeah, but..." JT clamped a hand over his mouth. "You tricked me."

Jim nodded. "For your own good. Yeah, I did. You would never have given me his name otherwise."

"What are you going to do?"

The smile faded. "Take him down."

"It won't help, you know. His operation...the next guy in line will just take up the reins. We'll be right back out on the streets...."

Jim tapped a silencing finger over the other man's lips. "Trust me, JT. No one will pick up on either of you. Not after Madrid is taken down."

JTs glance darted between Blair and Jim. "What are you....going to do?"

"Don't worry your pretty blonde head, JT. Just trust me."

"But..."

Jim jerked JT against his chest. His lips crashed over quivering lips, drawing a soft whimper from the other man. "Ah, JT.." He broke the kiss, but not the embrace, tipping the man's chin until their gazes met. "You remember what I said? You understand that after today, both Blair and you are mine. I keep what belongs to me." he smiled showing sharp white teeth. "Does that frighten you?"

 

CHAPTER SIX

The news of one Jericho Madrid, well known pimp boss, dying while trying to evade arrest only bought a small clip in the paper on the day Blair was released from the hospital. It didn’t rate any blurb on the TV news at all.

It did however have JT shaking in his boots when he dared to ask, "How? What happened?"

"An arrest gone south. Happens." Jim shrugged out of the truck and nodded for JT to get out on his side.

JT scampered across the seat and stepped out next to him. "But how?"

"Madrid bolted. We gave chase. Crooks always run up. Stupid. Not to mention tiring." Jim shrugged. "Near as I can figure, his foot slipped on a rung. Seven flights is a long fall. Messy. Like I said, it happens."

"You didn’t…" JT bit his lip to stall the words.

"Push him off the building? Is that what you want to know?"

JT’s gaze darted frantically, looking everywhere but at Jim. "You said you….Ehmmm, forget it, huh? A dumb question."

Dragging JT into his arms, Jim grinned. "Scared of the answer, JT? Just now realize I’d have to do you if I admitted to killing that bastard?"

JT blanched, squirming in the embrace. "No, I…."

"Relax, babe," Jim murmured, petting back blonde hair with a restrained hand. "Rafe and H handled the arrest. Was Rafe who chased Madrid up the fire escape. I wasn’t even in on the arrest."

"Then you didn’t…."

Jim’s hand cupped JT’s cock possessively "That’s not to say I didn’t put the word out that something similar could happen to anyone who messes with one of the Ellison boys."

"Jesus…."

"You think to much, JT," Jim claimed a soft kiss. "For a whore."

Shuddering against the snake calm detective, JT lifted green eyes to blue. "Why do you want Blair and me when you can’t get past our selling our asses? Why don’t you go hunt down a goddamn virgin and make everyone happy?"

"Is that what you think I should do?" Jim leaned down to blow a hot breath over JT’s left nipple through his shirt.

JT arched under the heated breath. "Jim…."

Chuckling darkly, Jim flicked his tongue over the silk cloth. "Who wants to train a babe," He captured the now hard flesh with hungry lips, suckling strongly through the barrier.

"Oh, God." JT’s fingers tangled in Jim’s shorn hair and he arched, pressing deeper into Jim’s heated mouth. "Not in the middle of the parking lot, for god’s sake." He gasped, holding Jim tight against his breast.

Jim nipped the tender nub. "Want me to stop?"

"Oh God, no."

Jim grinned around the straining nipple, patting JT’s full to bursting erection "So damn responsive." He laved the man’s breast again drawing a ragged moan from tight lips. "I could make you come in your pants just by licking and sucking on those, couldn’t I?" He stole a quick kiss, his fingers brushing over the damp cloth. "Let’s go get my Blair, sweet. I want him home."

JT held back, ignoring the scowl on Jim’s face. "You remember your promise, right?" He sliddled up against Jim, rubbing his hips suggestively. "You won’t…"

Jim’s fingers clamped down hard on JT’s hips, stilling him "Don’t try to use sex to lead me, JT. I know plenty of whores who can get me off." He kissed the tip of JT’s nose. "I said I’d give him time to recover. Just don’t push me, slut boy, or I’ll teach you both a lesson when we get home."

"A….A lesson…?"

Jim nodded. "You want him to see what happens to bad boys?"

"You’d…In front of him you’d…"

Jim laced his fingers around JT’s. "I do love him, JT. But the sooner he remembers how our relationship is run, the better for everyone concerned."

"Jim…"

Hard fingers crunched down around JT’s , pulling a whimper from him. "Please, I’ll be good…"

Jim tapped his cheek sharply. "I know you will. You’d do anything to keep Blair in the dark."

JT’s lashes dropped sheltering his gaze. "I love him."

"Love him…"

"I do." JT said sharply. "I’m sorry if that pisses you off, but I won’t pretend I don’t love him. I won’t. If that means you’re gonna punish me on a regular basis I’ll take it and I won’t complain."

"What about me, slut boy?" Jim jeered. "You love me too?"

JT smiled into Jim’s chilling gaze. "I…could….if you let me."

Jim’s jaw dropped. "Let’s….Let’s go get Blair." He set off, dragging JT behind him.

"Jim, wait…"

"Shut up, slut boy." Jim barreled on.

JT trotted behind. "You asked. You wanted to know, right?"

Jim stopped suddenly, wrenching JT up against him. "Don’t be stupid. You know what a long term relationship with me would be like. Is that what you want?"

"No," JT admitted. "But it doesn’t have to be like this. You don’t have to be like this."

"Don’t I?" Jim sneered. Then his eyes warmed slightly. "Don’t I?"

"Jim, you just have to trust Blair. He loves you. You don’t have to rough him up to keep him. You don’t have to blackmail him. He loves you, do you hear me?"

Jim snorted. "He doesn’t even know who the hell I am."

"But he will. He will remember."

"You don’t know that. Not even the doctors know how long…" Jim’s voice cracked. "He may never be right again. Brain damage…"

"Don’t," JT silenced him with a hand to his lips. "Don’t borrow trouble, Jim. You have to believe it’s going to come out right. Blair…"

"Stow it. I don’t want to hear it." Jim snapped and was off again, dragging JT behind him

 

CHAPTER SEVEN

JT settled Blair on the sofa with pillows supporting his back and an anthropology best seller next to his hand. The tea kettle shrieked as he straightened and he scampered into the kitchen, returning with a tray loaded with the steeping tea pot, biscuits and a vase with one white rose bud.

Blair grinned up at him. "You sure know how to spoil a guy, JT."

JT's narrowed glance darted to Jim, who watched the whole procedure with an indulgent smile curving his lips. A gentle sigh parted JTs lips and he patted Blair's shoulder. "I, hm, I just wanted to make your first day back as nice as possible.

"JT is such a gem, Blair," Jim said softly, his lips turning up in an almost amused smile. "If we're not careful, he'll be chewing your..." The smile faded as he flicked a dangerous look JTs way. "Food for you."

Blair's nervous laugh sounded. "I really don't need a nursemaid. Most routine things I can remember and do for myself. The rest," He shrugged, accepting the herb scented cup. "Will come. Or it won't." He sipped cautiously. "Sweet. I do love jasmine tea."

JT beamed. "You remember the hours we used to spend chatting over a cuppa?

Blair looked at Jim helplessly and only found the amused smirk. No help from that corner.

He set the teacup aside. "I am sorry, JT. I wish I could say I remembered all that but..."

Understanding shadowed dark eyes. JT reset the cup in Blair's hand. "I know. Its not your fault, dearheart. I guess we'll just have to make you some new memories, huh? it'll be fun." His glance included Jim. "Won't it, Jim? making new, better memories.

Jim crossed his arms over his chest, tilting that arrogant stare at Blair. I like the memories I've already got."

Blair stirred restlessly under the heavy attention. "Ah, I'm...a little...tired."

Jim's smile quirked. "Coward."

Dark shadows stirred in a sea of blue. "I..."

"Jim, don't tease our Blair," JT begged. "If he says he's tired...Blair, do you want to go to your room and sleep a little?"

"Don't baby him, JT," Jim snapped. "He needs to begin getting back into our routine."

"But...he's just out of hospital. Surely a little pampering..."

"Its okay," Blair said quickly. "I don't really want to sleep right now anyway."

Jim's amused smile returned. "There, it's settled then." He reached for his own cup of coffee, lifting it to his lips, only to pause long enough to say over the rim, "Besides, Rafe is coming over tonight. he wants to re-establish his...friendship with Blair."

Blair's stormy glance meshed with Jim's. "Rafe?"

"Yes, don't worry if you don't remember him. He was here the night of your...accident. Wants to make sure you're all right."

Staring into the icy blue eyes of the man who claimed to be his lover, Blair shivered.

"Are you cold?" Jim asked. "JT, get our Blair a blanket. Can't have him catch a chill, can we?"

JT moved quickly to obey, tucking a brightly colored chair blanket over the smaller man before Blair could protest.

Watching from hooded eyes, Jim allowed a half-smile to curve his lips. "You seemed to remember something when I mentioned Rafe, Blair."

"Re...remembered?" Blair stammered, shaking his head. "No."

"Really?"

"Yes, really," Blair said quickly, then ducked his head. "I mean....Its not like a memory...More like a....a feeling." He shrugged. "Its not important. I can’t explain it....Not at all."