Title: NEW BEGINNINGS 5: KNOCKING ON HEAVEN'S DOOR

Author/pseudonym: PEJA

Fandom: THE SENTINEL

Paring: BLAIR/JIM

Rating: PG

Status: COMPLETE

Archive: The WWOMB, SXF, CKoS, anyone else ask first

E-mail address for feedback: daltonavon@yahoo.com

Series/Sequel: NEW BEGINNINGS

Other websites: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

Disclaimers: Their not mine, but they are here often enough to give me some rights.

Summary: Jim's zoned. Blair's exhausted. Will it ever end?

Warnings: I don't do death stories, but I sure do straddle the razor's edge. the title has two options...which heaven does Jim choose?

KNOCKING ON HEAVEN'S DOOR

By PEJA

"Here, you look like you really need this." A cup appeared before Blair's eyes. The fragrant smells of Chamomile, honey and lemon teased his nostrils, making his dry mouth water.

"Jes, warn a guy, won't you, Simon?" he complained half-heartedly, taking the cup and breathing in the heady scent. "Oh, that smells so good."

"Well drink the damn noxious stuff. You sound like hell."

Blair sent him a grateful glance, sipping the hot brew carefully. "Oh, thanks, man. I really did need this," he sighed, leaning back in his chair as the hot tea eased the soreness that roughen his voice. "How long...."

"You've been up here for twelve hours, Blair." Simon turned his attention to the big man curled up on the bed. "Any change?"

Bleak sadness dulled his blue eyes and Blair shook his head. "Not so much as a twitch. I really screwed him up this time, Simon."

"Don't do that, Blair." Simon snapped, frowning. "Don't climb on board that damn guilt train with Jim."

"If I'd stayed here this morning..." Blair whispered, setting aside the brimming cup to caress Jim's arm. "If I'd realized the damage I was doing by walking away...." Brimming eyes met Simon's concerned ones. "Simon, if I hadn't been so damn scared of being hurt again...."

Simon patted his shoulder, handing him the tea. "I told you to drink that. You think I made it for you to let it go to waste?"

Blair obediently took another small sip, then leaned over to replace the cup.

"All of it, Blair."

"Simon, I....."

Arms akimbo, Simon towered aggressively over Blair. "I'm going to stand here until you finish it, Blair."

Blair stared up at him for a long moment then nodded and settled back to drink the cooling brew.

"It would have done a better job on your throat if you'd drank it hot."

"Yes sir," Blair acknowledged, eyes downcast.

"You two are the stubbornest men I've ever had the displeasure to deal with."

"Yes, sir. Sorry."

"Just my luck you are also the best friends a man could have."

Blair's eyes jerked back to him, grinning. "Yes, sir, Simon, sir."

Simon snagged the empty cup, easing Blair to his feet with a hand on his arm. "Time for you to get some rest, kid."

"I can't leave Jim, Cap. I'm afraid he'll..."

Simon guided him toward the bed. Toward Jim.

Blair resisted. "Simon, what....?"

"You've already made love with him, Blair. What's the big deal about sleeping next to him now?"

Blair searched Simon's dark eyes for some sign of disapproval and found none. "You are okay with all this?"

"Blair, I have a lover of my own," Simon confided with a secret smile. "Rafe and I are very discrete, but...."

"Rafe?"

Simon chuckled. "Couldn't resist that accent, Blair. Or that tight ass. Now climb into that bed and snuggle up to the big bad cop. Maybe if he can feel you up on him he'll come back."

**********

Hearing a soft droning from the upstairs bedroom, Simon tilted his head to the side and grinned. Mixed in with gentle snores, Blair's roughened voice droned, coaxing Jim to come back even as he slept.

Deny it all he wanted, the little anthro was as deep in it as a guy could get.

**********

Jim thrilled to the warm skin pressed so intimately against him. He sucked in a deep gasping breath...drowning, choking on the heavenly Blair scent.

Rolling over in his near waking state, he wrapped his arms against the sleep talking guide. Lush lips curved against his chest.

"I love you, Jim. Come back to me, man. Don't leave me lonely." The mantra continued over and over.

Still half asleep, Jim brushed a gentle kiss over Blair's brow. "I love you too, Blair. Sleep, my own. Sleep."

He drifted back into a gentle, normal sleep. Tomorrow would bring the first step to healing.

=30=