Title: BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO 3

Author/pseudonym: PEJA

Fandom: THE SENTINEL/THE INVISIBLE MAN

Pairing: Blair Sandburg/Darien Fawkes

Rating: NC-17

Archive: WWOMB/ PEJAs Ravings. The story is available on request, but only if you ask first

E-mail: daltonavon@yahoo.com

Feedback: If you want another dose of this let me know

Series/Sequel: "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" Series

Other websites: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

Disclaimers: Do I have to give 'em back? Can't I keep 'em? I'll treat 'em god. Really I will....

Notes: m/m

Summary: Jim finds Blair

Warnings: Blair Oooowies make Jim oooowies and I like it like that.

 

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO

By PEJA

"Bring me up to date, Jim?" Simon snapped, striding across the bullpen. "Any news on Sandburg's whereabouts yet?"

Jim turned a haggard face to his friend. "Nothing sir. It's like he fell off the face of the earth."

"You've contacted everyone?"

Jim nodded. "The University hasn't seen him. He hasn't been at any of his haunts. I've checked every back-alley and hole I can think of and come up with nothing, except..."

Simon raised a brow as Jim ran out of words. "Jim...?"

"One of the students he was tutoring mentioned that he was sick when he left her. She seemed to think he was real bad." Jim scrubbed his pale features. "Dammit, Simon, if anything happens to him it will be my fault. I treated him like....God, that porno flick...it was a shock to see him....like that...Doing.... that. With....with...." His hand flailed the air helplessly

"With Darien." A short balding man swaggered up to the desk, dropping his Fish and Game badge on the expanse before them. "My partner."

"Darien...Yes, that was the name Blair mentioned." Jim picked up the leather-encased wallet and handed it back to the man. "He's your partner, you say?"

"You got a hearing problem, cop?"

Jim exchanged a quick glance with Simon. "Must be I do. You know something about where Blair is?"

"Well, I don't know if I should say anything..." Bobbie drawled, tipping back on his heels.

Jim's snarl was the only warning Hobbes got before he was snatched up by the collar and dangling nose to nose with the big angry cop. "Talk," Jim rasped.

Hobbes cleared his throat, then reached up to adjust Jim's collar, grinning. "I don't get freaked by caveman tendencies, cop. Darien has rolled me all over the landscape more times than I care to think when he goes into his psycho act. Now why don't you put the little agent down and ask nice."

"Psycho act....Simon..." Fear spasmed Jim's worn features and he glared into Hobbes stubborn face. "Is Blair in danger?"

Hobbes remained thin-lipped and silent.

"Put him down, Jim," Simon said. "Mr...Hobbes, is it? Would you join us in my office so we can discuss this privately?"

Hobbes stepped back as his feet hit ground, glaring up at the big cop. "I might have to rethink telling you anything."

"Please, Mr Hobbes," Simon hooked the man's arm in his and walked him toward the office. "Jim is worried about our Sandburg. You must understand. They're partners. He gets upset if he thinks the kid might be in danger."

"Only danger he's in is of getting fucked into next week," Hobbes grumbled under his breath. "Damn Darien."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jim snapped shutting the office door a bit more soundly than was necessary.

"It means, you big, stupid cop, that Darien wants his lovebug, hippie, witchdoctor, punk, lover back."

"Blair is not gay," Jim denied.

Hobbes snorted. "Well then he does a damn good impression." He got up in Jim's face. "That man was sleeping with my partner for two years until he met you."

"Impossible, he was living in a warehouse..."

"Ever ask him how long he'd been there? No? Well, try four months. Moved out of his lifemate's apartment after a little tiff. Something about Blair fucking the man next door while Darien was away for a....shall we say weekend business trip."

"Lifemate...."

"That's right. The words and all the pomp and circumstance to go along with it. Darien considers Sandburg his estranged husband. And he wants him back."

"Hu...Husband..." Jim turned stricken eyes on the captain. "Simon..."

"I want your man away from Darien," Hobbes said suddenly.

"And what, exactly do you think we can do about that?" Simon asked.

"Go drag his ass out of that bed he's in and take him home with you. Darien has a new life. He doesn't have time for the punk."

"What if he doesn't want to go?"

"Then make him want to," Hobbes insisted.

"This is insane. We can't just go in and take him out of a place where he's been welcomed like a bad child. Blair is an adult...."

"Find a way, cop," Hobbes snapped, glancing at his watch. "Fawkes won't go ballistic for awhile, yet, but you don't want the kid with him when the ID takes over and he goes wacko."

Confusion flickered in Jim's eyes. "What are you talking about...?"

Hobbes frowned. "You know everything you need to know, except..." he slapped a stick-it note down on the desk. "Where to pick him up. The address is on that paper, there. I didn't tell you anything, see? I never met ya."

Hobbes spun on his heel and walked out leaving two bewildered cops staring after him for a moment.

Jim finally broke out of his amazed freeze and picked up the yellow paper. "He's close." His glance tracked the path Hobbes had taken. "What do you make of that?"

Simon shook his head. "A strange little man." he pointed to the paper in Jim's hand. "What you gonna do with that?"

Jim's glance flicked down, then back up to clash with a dark brown gaze. "Blair is sick, Simon. He needs to be home. With me."

Simon nodded. "Go get him, Jim."

end