Title: BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO 2

Author/pseudonym: PEJA

Fandom: THE SENTNEL/THE INVISIBLE MAN

Pairing: Blair Sandburg/Darien Fawkes Darien/Bobby Hobbes (?)

Rating: NC-17

Status: new

Archive: The WWOMB: PEJA's Ravings: Sense-X-Angst

Feedback: the story ends without it

Email: daltonavon@yahoo.com

Series/Sequel: The Breaking Up Series

Other websites: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

Disclaimers: Where they live depends on where they are...

Notes:

Summary: Blair's secret love is back for more.

Warnings:

 

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO 2

By PEJA

Voices raised in anger dragged a woozy fever hot Blair from the dredges of a healing sleep.

"Well, he can't stay here?"

He frowned, not recognizing the voice. Who the hell was in the loft? And why was he shouting at Jim.

"Hobbes, what do you think I'm going to do. Throw him out. He's sick for Christ's sake."

Hold up. Immediate mental reverse. That was Darien's voice. Darien... how?

"So sorry to hear that. Send him to the ER."

Oh God, Darien....

Yeah, that was right. He remembered falling into his lover's arms... Was it last night. So hot. Hard to think.

"He can't stay."

Jesus, had he come between Darien and his new lover? Was he spoiling Darien's life all over again?

"Says who? You? Who the hell do you think you are anyway, my lover?"

Not a lover then. Relief blew a soft groan from Blair's lungs. Darien wasn't intimately involved with the man riding rough-shod over him. That was something at least.

"Hey now..."

"No, I mean it. That man in there was my lover....My husband for a long time. He still would be if...."

If...?

"...If?"

"None of your damn business."

Jesus, Darien, don't go all closed mouth now. Answer the man.

"You love him." Hobbes laughed harshly. "Damn, you still love that hippie witch doctor."

A heated smile trembled on Blair's lips. Could it be true? Was there a chance?

"He's been living with a cop...A cop, for Christ's sake, for damn near three years and you...you have been hanging on, waiting for him to come back to you."

"Shut up."

Well crap, how much have you told this bastard, Darien?

"You'd take him back in an instant if he batted his baby blues at ya, wouldn't ya? Wouldn't ya, Fawkes?"

Blair's breath hitched in his throat as he waited for...

"Yeah, damn you, I sure as hell woul....

Yes....

"Hey, how the hell did you know he's got blue eyes? Hobbes, don't you turn away from me. Tell me how you know what Blair looks like? Christ, you had him investigated. Or was it the agency? Well sure it was. Who else, Hobbes? Who else have you snooped into?"

What the hell? What have you gotten into this time, Darien mine? I swear to God if you can't match me for finding trouble...

"You don't have any secrets, Fawkes. Not from me. Not anymore.

Whoa up here. Red flag. What gives here? Why does this guy think he can....

"Why? What gave you the right?"

"Need to know, Fawkes."

Need to know? That sounds soooo bad. Dammit Darien if you've gone and let some agency get their hooks in you...

"That's crap. Agency double talk."

"Keep your voice down about the agency, Fawkes. Don't want that cutsy cutsy waking up and hearing things his pretty little ringed ears shouldn't be hearing, do we?"

Oh shit, I'm in deep friggin' waters and they look to be heating up. Darien, when I get the energy to get out of this bed, I swear I'm gonna lock you up and hang the key around my neck.

"You leave him alone, Hobbes. Blair won't open his mouth to anyone no matter what he hears."

"Why wouldn't he? Because he loves you? Damn you, Fawkes, he hasn't spared you a minutes thought since he walked out on you. He's a fuck 'em and leave 'em kinda guy."

"The hell I am. Well, maybe just a little since..But damn....

"Shut up....Just....shut up..."

"Get him out of here, Fawkes. I want him gone by the time I get back. That give ya....three hours."

No way, hot shot. I'm here now.

"Where should I take him?

Darien, no...

"You said he was sick. Dump him in the ER. Or the shelter. I don't care. Just get him the hell out of here."

Oh, fuck, this can't be happening. Darien....

The sound of a slamming door echoed through the apartment.

Blair's hands curled in the spread as his active mind processed what he'd overheard. Darien, his Darien loved him. And he was in trouble.

"Blair..."

He turned his head toward the door.

Darien met his gaze with a worried glance, raking through his soft wheat hair. "You heard?"

Blair held his arms out to the man. "I love you too, Darien. I love you too."

Darien flung himself onto the bed, burrowing into Blair's arms.

END