TITLE: FIVE MINUTES

AUTHOR: PEJA

FANDOM: THE SENTINEL

RATING: PG

PAIRING: BLAIR/JIM

SUMMARY: Blair is not satisfied.

DISCLAIMER: I want 'em, I love 'em, I know how to hide 'm...more follow

EMAIL: daltonavon@yahoo.com

FEEDBACK: If you like this crazy manipulation, let me know.

ARCHIVE: WWOMB, SXF, CKoS....all others ask first, I like to know where my babies are staying.

AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

AUTHOR'S COMMENT:I'm doing these silly bits as a writer's exercise. Dialogue comes easy for me, but I hate narrative. This forces me to do the thing I hate, and maybe become better at story telling.

This ones short and not so sweet, but have at it

 

********
FIVE MINUTES

by PEJA
*******

Tired, hungry and ready to sprawl out on the sofa in front of a flickering screen with a beer in his hand and his greatest treasure curled up beside him, Jim Ellison stomped into the loft. He blindly tossed the keys into the basket, hung up his jacket and groaning at the thought of finally putting the day behind him, took two steps forward before he stopped dead in place.

Blinking once...twice...he shook his head against what he thought he'd seen. Turning slowly, his jaw dropped, hitting his chest. The breath squeezed out of him and he made a negating sound, shaking his head.

Wide eyes darted, searching out the grimly resolved anthro. His lips moved, asking questions that would not break through paralyzed vocal cords.

"You look so disbelieving at my suitcase by the door," Blair said, biting each word off as if it tasted sour in his mouth. "My taxi's on it's way here. I can't take it anymore."

Jim took a step forward, arms outstretched.

Blair stopped him with a shake of his head and a hand braced to push him away. "Lately you've forgotten what loving me is about, and you've just got five minutes to figure it out. You've got five minutes to tell me what I needed to hear. You've got five minutes to show me that you're really sincere. That's not much time to change my mind. It'll take a miracle no doubt and you've got five minutes to figure it out."

Blair moved to the table and gathered up his backpack and laptop, setting them near his suitcases, then turned back to Jim.

"Now I've got your attention, here's what I've got to say. You better do some talking, cuz that taxi's on it's way."

Jim waved his hands helplessly, searching for a cracking voice. "We used to set the nights on fire...."

Blair shook his head. "Now every day is the same and you've just got five minutes to kindle the flame."

Jim staggered to the sofa, falling bonelessly down onto it.

"You've got five minutes," Blair repeated, hunching down before his pale sentinel, letting his own desperation shine in his eyes. "To tell me what I needed to hear. You've got five minutes to show me that you're really sincere."

A tear crept down Jim's ashen face. "That's not much time...."

Blair cupped his cheek. "To change my mind?" He smiled grimly. "It'll take a miracle no doubt. And you've got five minutes to figure it out. You can start with..."

"Please don't leave me," Jim croaked.

Blair's smile brightened just a bit. "And end with....

Jim grabbed Blair's hands, his anxiety pushing words that needed to be heard from a tight throat. "I....l-l-ove you."

Blair nodded encouragingly. "And if you'd only kiss me the way you used to do," He smiled that heart-wrenching smile. "You could see a miracle come true. Well, you've got five minutes to tell me what I've needed to hear. You got five minutes to show me that your really sincere. That's not much time to change my mind. It'll take a miracle no doubt and you've got five minutes, oh honey, five whole minutes...oh you've got five minutes.....come on and figure it out."

Understanding brightened Jim's frightened eyes and he folded Blair in a passionate embrace, knowing at last what he had to do to keep his one true path from crumbling under his feet..

-30-

FIVE MINUTES belong to Pam Tillis and company and was used without permission, but hey still not getting any money here so does it really count.