Title: TO ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE

Author/pseudonym: PEJA

Fandom: THE SENTINEL

Pairing: NONE, BUT THE FRIENDSHIP OF JIM AND BLAIR

Rating: G

Status: complete???? Perhaps.....Depends on the backlash

Archive: WWOMB. PEJA's Ravings. and since it's dues for SA they can use it. Anyione else, a simple request is all the payment I require.

Feedback: daltonavon@yahoo.com

Series/Sequel: ell now, that all depends on you

Other websites: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

Disclaimers: Petfly dissed all over them.....Scifi can't commit...And I have a terrible habit of taking in strays...dogs...cats....homeless...Ask my five new roommates...

Notes: this is the result of a three day migrime. Thought I'd share the pain...and besides, I just checked my due by date and found it late.

Summary: Blair reflects on his time with Jim

 

FOR ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE

By PEJA

"Ah jez, Jim, what's going on?"

Blair traced the path of a raindrop on the glass balcony door, shivering from the cold, both outside and in his heart. Life really had a way of playing heart-rending jokes.

He dropped his forehead against the frigid glass, letting the cold warm him inside. And the tears frozen in his soul seeped from between tightly closed lush lashes.

"It's about friendship, Jim." he whispered. "So, what's gone wrong with ours? Why are you pushing me away? What have I done?"

"Kind of scarey. Like you're face right now." The hurting remark lashed out yet again and Blair fingered long faded bruises, wincing as if feeling the physical pain once more.

But the pain was from the cold unfeeling remarks. No sympathy for that verbal beating. Not from Jim. Not from Simon.

"I think you'd hump a table leg." Jim had told him.

A table leg, by all that's sacred. Yeah, sure he played with the ladies, but they all knew the score. Or thought they did. No one really knew why Blair needed..yeah, needed the protection of being pegged a player. Only him, and he would never tell. Never speak the unspeakable truth.

That Jim had been his first real permanent relationship. His first...more than a passing acquaintance friend.

Was that all an illusion.

An illusion like everything else in his life?

Lightening flashed, illuminating the darkness of the loft. But not of his heart. It was getting late. Jim would be home soon.

Drawing a long shuddering breath, Blair fixed his bouncy mask back firmly in place and stepped away from his brooding thoughts. It was all about friendship. he would fight to keep his friend close. Would ignore the cutting sarcasticremarks.

Play the stupid pet....until Jim finally said the words that cast him out for good.

In his heart of hearts, he knew that time was close.

=30=

AND THAT'S THE WAY IT IS in Blair's world...want to hear from Jim????