TITLE: THREE LITTLE WORDS 2: SECOND TIME THE CHARM

AUTHOR: PEJA

FANDOM: The Sentinel

PAIRING: Blair/OMC, implied Blair/Jim

RATING: NC-17/bondage

SUMMARY: To wed or not to wed, that is the question, and Jim has the answer on how to prevent it.

FEEDBACK: it got ya this one, didn't it. Want more, point me a direction

EMAIL: daltonavon@yahoo.com

DISCLAIMER: not mine, but I could do real interesting things to them If they'd reconsider.

ARCHIVE: PEJA's Ravings. Others ask, I'm as easy as Blair in hooker mode.

WEBSITE: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/

AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is an AU. Jim fathered Alex' child in Peru and is now raising the babe, sans Sandburg.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 2: I hadn't planned on a sequel on this story, but feedback and questions demanding answers bought you all this second piece. Don't hate me if you hate it. You all asked for it.

Stupid thought of the day: Three little words. They rip you apart. Start a flame that burns away your soul. Destroy the world you built and crush you beneath them

 

THREE LITTLE WORDS 2: SECOND TIME, THE CHARM

By PEJA

Manda pressed the comm button. "Sir, I have a special delivery for Romeo. Do you want me to bring it in?"

"Whatever, its probably another congratulatory note from one of our clients." Blair's bored tones responded.

The young woman rose from her comfortable chair, straightened her skirt and knocking once, entered the expansive office where Nick and Blair reclined on the cushy sofa. Smiling, she handed Blair the note. "Didn't mean to interrupt, boss." She ducked out, still smiling.

Nick eased Blair around so he rested with his back against Nick's chest. "Open it, Romeo."

Blair shook his head, chuckling. "Such impatience. You're like a kid high on Christmas." Blair leisurely thumbed the engraved envelope open and read. "Romeo, go to this address. You will be informed of what is expected when you arrive." He swiveled around and gave Nick's neck a peck. "Gotta date, Nicko. See ya at the wedding, okay?"

Nick tightened his embrace around the smaller man. "You are going out? Tonight?"

"Why not?" Blair said. "We agreed not to sleep together tonight. What's the big deal? Its just a date. Business as usual."

"But I thought..." Nick sighed. "I don't like this, Romeo. I don't want you to go."

Blair slithered out of Nick's arms. "I guess you're just going to have to get over it. I'm going. The money...."

"I don't give two cents about the money, Romeo. I don't like this. The whole thing has a funny feel about it."

"Don't be stupid, Nick." Blair snatched up his leather jacket and headed for the door. "I'll be back in time for the ceremony. Be there."

"Romeo, dammit, listen to me," Nick shouted at the slamming door.

Whistling a tuneless tune, Blair made his way briskly out of the office. His skipping step carried him down the few steps to the corvette parked in the owner's slot. Damn, he missed the old Volvo, but this ride had style. Nick said so. Cousin Robert said so. Just wasn't the Volvo.

"In the past, Romeo. Forget about it, Forget about all of it.."

Sliding behind the wheel, he fired the engine on the first try and made his way to the named address only to be redirected to a second secluded address. And a third before he arrived at the actual location.

Blair entered the remote country cabin and dropped the key on the hall table next to another sealed envelope with Romeo printed in bold strokes on the face.." Weird ass shit," he grumbled, glaring at the pristine envelope. "I'm not laughing, man," he shouted to the silence. "This is gonna cost extra. You hear me? And I ain't cheap to start with."

The silence closed down on him again like an oppressive blanket.

Glancing toward the door, he tapped the envelope against his open palm. "If I had even a spattering of intelligence, I'd turn my happy ass around and bolt straight back to Nick's welcoming arms." He gave a short snorting laugh. "If I really gave a damn."

Sighing, he turned the envelope over and pried it open.

"I will arrive at precisely 7 PM. At that time I expect the Romeo Special."

So the client was into rough, huh? Ah well, Blair shrugged, the guy wouldn't have requested him if he wanted something soft and cuddly. But damn, Blair had hoped to go to his marriage bed relatively unbruised. Still....

Licking his lips in anticipation, he glanced at his watch. The client wouldn't be here for half an hour. Damn, he was ready now.

His glance skimmed over the rest of the message.

"There is food and champagne in the bedroom. Eat. Drink. Enjoy."

A slow grin turned Blair's frown around. "So the condemned man eats, huh? Works for me."

Flipping the note onto the table beside the keys, Blair made his way through the house to the bedroom. An elegantly laid out table set to one side drew him. Curious he lifted the silver lids, finding a luscious spread.

Foregoing the heavy meal, Blair popped a strawberry into his mouth and savored the sweet flavor as he opened the chilled wine. Pouring out a glass, he grinned again. He'd always enjoyed this seductive side of loving.

His bitter laughter brought him out of the dreamy contemplations. What the hell was he thinking, building this encounter up into something it wasn't? Christ, this wasn't love. It wasn't seduction. It was a quick fuck with a stranger. No romance, no matter how pretty the package.

And that was exactly how Blair wanted it. As long as his emotions weren't involved he wouldn't feel the pain. As long as he kept it strictly business, he could control the emptiness that came with betrayal.

Sprawling back on the pillows, he lifted the glass in a mock salute. "Here's to the quick fuck," he sneered. "Long may it reign." He slammed the champagne back and poured up a second glass.

Sipping at the deceptively potent brew, Blair's gaze wandered over the room. There was something not quite right. Something...sterile about the room.

Pushing up, Blair wandered into the bath. Curiosity compelled him to open the meds chest. Empty. His hand caught in the vanity handle and eased it open. Nothing.

Unease rippled up his spine "What's going on here?"" he muttered, retracing his steps to the bedroom. A quick check revealed that the closets were almost as bare as the bath. Almost, except for one locked closet.

A wave of dizziness slammed into him as he spun around and took a step toward the bedroom door. He grabbed at the closet, saving himself from a nasty fall. Taking a deep breath, he lifted his gaze. The room rolled before his eyes. "Oh, crap," he whispered. He'd been drugged too many times since getting involved with Jim not to recognize the symptoms.

Jim's face rose up before his eyes. Blair stamped down the vision savagely, his teeth grinding.

His swimming vision clouded.

"Got to get out of here...."

Weaving, stumbling, he headed for the front door, making a slow but successful trip through the house. The door refused to open under his hand. Locked. He turned to the side table, reaching for the key. Gone.

And his knees buckled under him, leaving him kneeling helplessly. "Nick," he whimpered softly as the darkness embraced him. "Forgive me."

Blair Sandburg slid into the abyss without further protest.

*********************

Blair came awake suddenly....with absolute clarity. Except he couldn't see. His kidnapper of the night had apparently blindfolded him. His head whipped around, listening for anything that would tell him how he came to be bound, naked and spread-eagle on what could only be the huge bed.

"Is...Is anybody here?"

Silence reverberated back at him.

A nervous laugh parted his lips. "Hey, man, this wasn't necessary, ya know? We can make a deal."

"A deal?" A hand brushed Blair's cheek, making him wince away. The voice was mechanically altered. "I am told you are willing to take a beating for cash. Why would you do that....Romeo?"

"Out of bounds, buddy." Blair tested the bonds securing him with several harsh jerks. "I don't talk about the whys of what I do, mister." He wrenched at the cuffs, twisting his hands against the tight, sharp metal.

Strong hands clamped down on Blair's wrists. "Don't do that. Your cutting your skin for no good reason. You won't get loose until I decide its time." A tinny laugh reached his ears. "Now, why don't you tell me what I want to know? You will in the end, believe me."

He did believe. With every fiber of his being. And that scared him more than being held captive by some unknown force. "Look, my fiancee knows where I am. If I'm not back by...."

"How would he know, Romeo? You left him to meet with me. Didn't have a chance to tell him where you were going. You kept the notes, Blair. Didn't you? Nick couldn't even trace you with them."

Blair bite his lip. "How do you know abo....Jesus," Blair thrashed in his bonds. "Look, man, uncuff me. I won't run. We'll make a deal. You do what you gotta do and I'll disappear, okay?"

"Scared, Blair?" the voice taunted. "Why is that? I thought you wanted to die."

Blair's breath hitched in his throat. "Is that what you're planning to do? Kill me?"

The hand smoothed Blair's face again. "Would you care?" A testing kiss blocked his answer. "Consider what you say with care."

Blair's tongue lingered over his lips, savoring the taste of the man who held him captive. "I....That was sweet, babe. Why don't we forget all the chatter chatter. You take off the cuffs and we can get busy."

"Figure I can get just as.... busy with you restrained, Blair," the mechanical voice rasped. "And get a lot less trouble from you."

Blair grimaced. "Not as much fun, though, is it? Come on, man. Undo the cuffs and take off the blindfold. I won't resist if you want to get a little rough. Just like to see it coming."

"Maybe," A finger slipped under the edge of the blindfold, letting in a smattering of light, then withdrew. "Maybe not. Depends on.... things."

"What things?" Blair demanded, his voice inching higher. "Come on, now. You don't want this to get nasty, do ya? Why make bad when it can all be nice for both of us?"

"You really are a whore, aren't you?" the guy snarled. "This isn't just some stupid scam."

Blair snorted. "You made the appointment, jerk. What did you expect you were getting? An angel in a white wedding gown."

"You bastard." The slap that connected with his face, set a ringing in Blair's ears. The second one brought stinging tears to his eyes.

"Yes...Again," he said, lifting his head to receive the third blow. "Hit me again."

"Jesus, Blair," the mechanical voice rasped. "What is wrong with you?"

Blair fought the cuffs. "Hit me, damn you. Use your fucking fists on me. Do it. Do it, damn you. Do it now."

A big body came down on Blair's thrashing form, pinning him beneath warm living flesh. Just as naked as he was. "Stop, Blair. You have got to stop." Shaking hands brushed the wild curls back. Warm lips nuzzled the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry. I am so very sorry."

"Jim?" Blair whispered, recognizing the other man's voice without the mechanical enhancements. "Jim?" he shrieked. "You bastard. You fucking no good bastard. Get off me. Get away from me. Let me go, damn you. Haven't you done enough to ruin my life? What is this, some kind of a sting? You gonna arrest me? You gonna do that too?"

"I'm not going to arrest you, Chief," Jim slipped the blindfold off Blair's eyes, kissing each lid tenderly. "Unless I have to." Jim nibbled a path down Blair's clenching jaw. "What I am going to is make love with you."

"No," Blair rasped, bucking wildly against the restraints. "No, don't touch me."

"Why not, Sandburg?" Jim crooned. "From what my investigations have turned up you've been around the block more times than most hookers on the red light district." Jim stroked Blair's lean cheek, "So why not give it up to me?"

"What do you want anyway? Blood?" Blair shuddered, his gaze captured by Jim's. "Please, don't do this to me. I can't. Not with you. Please, not with you. I....can't."

"Sure you can, Chief," Jim cooed, plundering Blair's ear with his tongue. "You want me." His fingers enveloped Blair's straining cock. "This tells the truth no matter what lies your lips spew."

Blair cried out, arching into Jim's hot hand. His head rolled on the pillow, denying the responses of his body.

"Tell me what I want to know, Blair," Jim coaxed, milking the cock in his hand expertly. "Tell me why you left me."

Blair's breath hitched in his throat. His head tossed. "Don't do this to me," he whispered, his blue gaze stricken. "Don't do this to me."

Jim suckled his neck. "I want you, Blair. You want me. Why deny it? Your body wouldn't let your lies pass."

Blair's eyes blazed. "You made your choice. You don't get a second one. Release me, damn you."

"Made my choice?" Pushing himself up, Jim straddled Blair's hips. "What choice? I wake up. We talk. You act like there's nothing bothering you. You leave. And you never come back. What choice, Blair? Tell me that."

"You," Blair's eyes blazed with the fires of hell. "Made all the choices. All of them. That was Alex, you said. She got pregnant, you said. I'm marrying her, you said." His eyes dimmed and closed . "You married the woman who killed me, damn you. You didn't even stop to think how I'd feel about it. You just told me what you were going to do and that was that. The God damn bitch who killed me."

"No." Jim caught Blair's face between his hands. "No, Blair. I didn't. I didn't marry her."

Blair's struggles stilled. "You....didn't?"

"No. Jesus, Blair, I only considered it because of the kid. But I talked to Simon and my dad. They pulled some strings and got me custody without the muss and fuss. If you'd stuck around...." He cut off his regrets, plundering Blair's unresponsive lips.

Jim drew back. "Blair, is that why did you did it? Is that why you left me?"

"I..." Blair wet his lips. "I couldn't stay, Ellison. I couldn’t watch her take everything away. Not again. Not like South America. Do you have any idea what it did to me watching you protect her? Watching you forget everything she did to me? What she planned to do with that gas? There were so many times we could have had her. So many times you stopped her from being hurt. Jesus, Ellison. On the beach when she pointed that gun at me, I thought you were going to let her kill me. I thought...." His flat gaze reflected the death inside him. "And then you told me you were going to marry her. I couldn't go through that again. I couldn't stand by and let you tear my soul apart again." he sighed. "Lot of good it did me, huh?"

Jim grasped Blair's face between his hands making the shuddering man meet his eyes. "I thought you understood," Jim whispered. "You explained your theories like you understood. Instinct, you said. Remember? I thought you understood I wasn't...in control."

A harsh bark of laughter broke from Blair's chest. "You're so damn stupid about some things, you bastard. I....loved you, asshole. I loved you so damn much I would have reached into hell to give you an excuse for being the way you were. I would have forgiven anything. Anything, but...." His voice broke. "Uncuff me, damn you. Let me go. I don't play that game anymore."

"Go where?" Jim demanded, shaking his head. "Back to that pimp? I don't think so. Not gonna happen."

"Nick.... loves me." Blair's lip curled into a disgusted sneer over the words. "Like I deserve to be loved."

"Every pimp in the world uses that line to keep his sluts in line." Jim jeered. "If he loves you so damn much what are you doing here? Why's he let you put it out for anyone who wants to drop your shorts."

"You think you've got it figured, don't ya? Think you know how it is?" Blair jerked in the cuffs again. "You don't know anything."

"You can forget him, Blair. You're not going back to him. There's not going to be a place to go back to when I'm through. Your precious Nick is going down, Blair. I'm taking him down to set you free."

"Stupid jerk," Blair laughed harshly. "You go ahead and do just that. You just try." He glared up at the bigger man. "You won't nail Nick, damn you. Count on it."

"What are you talking about?"

A look of pure triumph entered Blair's gaze. And contempt. "The escort service is mine."

"You're lying."

"Am I?" Blair's laugh turned into a devilish taunt. "Face it, Ellison. I went into the family business when I slipped your leash. Robert was delighted to hear I'd finally come to my senses. Arranged for me to take over the service. Set me up in business. All legal. You go after the service and all your going to take down is me."

"Robert?"

"You go ahead. You do your worst. You won't hurt my lover. You won't touch him. He's clean, do you hear? Clean."

"Do you love him, Blair?" Jim said. "Is that why are you so angry? Why you're screaming at me like he matters?"

"Love?" A jeer curled Blair's lips into an ugly sneer. "God, I hate that stinking word. I hate the whole idea of love. Its so much crap. A lie all wrapped up in pretty lies to keep the masses reproducing."

"You know about lies, don't you Blair?" Jim rumbled. "All the variations." He nuzzled Blair's neck, licking the salty sweet flesh. "How about the truth, Blair? You know anything about that?" Jim washed Blair's lips with his tongue, breathing his words across the man's mouth. "I love you, Blair."

Blair went rigid in his bonds, staring with growing horror at his captor.

"No...."

"Yes. I love you, Blair."

"No.." A low keening cry parted Blair's pale lips, grew to fever pitch and he thrashed wildly in his restraints. "No....No...No...No..."

Jim's eyes widened, his senses narrowing on the man freaking out under him. He could hear the faint heartbeat fluttering against a heaving chest. Could smell the rank fear flowing off Blair in waves....Could see the tide of sweat pouring off pale skin....

"Blair...?" he commanded, his own growing terror forming a lump in the pit of his stomach. "Blair, dammit, stop." He lowered himself on the bucking, thrashing man, hanging on for all he was worth.

After a time, exhaustion wore Blair down and his screams ground to a halt. He turned his face away, unfocused eyes fixed on the far wall.

Jim leaned up on his elbows, managing to brush the wild curls out of his ex-guide's pasty face. "Blair?" he murmured, pressing a chaste kiss to the corner of Blair's mouth.

The smaller man shuddered.

"Blair, please....."

Blair's breath hitched in his lungs. "You can't hold me here." he whispered. "This is kidnapping, you realize that, right? You could be charged...."

"You're in protective custody, Blair," Jim told him softly. "This cabin belongs to Rafe."

"No..."Blair's head jerked around, wide eyes locked on Jim. "I don't believe you. Simon..."

"Would you believe Simon?" Jim leaned across Blair to snatch his cell phone from the bedside table. He hit speed dial and spoke. "Simon?" A pause. "Yeah, I've got him."

Jim pressed the phone to Blair's ear.

"....great, Jim. Keep him at the cabin until further notice."

"No," Blair rasped. "Simon, you can't do this. I...Nick..."

"Blair, is that you, kid?" Simon's deep voice oozed down the phone line.

"Let me go, Simon," Blair said softly. "You have to tell him to let me go."

"Can't do that, Blair."

"Go to hell, damn you." Blair jerked his head away from the phone. "Both of you can go straight to hell."

"No, sir, he's not exactly thrilled to be back with me," Jim spoke through a dry chuckle. "Yes, I'm sure you're right. I can bring him round to my way of thinking. I know he still has those feelings for me, yes, sir."

Blair glared. "You're crazy, man."

Jim cocked a grin at him. "Like a fox, Blair. Like a fox."

"This is so fucked up," Blair muttered, thrashing against his restraints.

Jim stilled him with a firm hand against his chest. "Simon, Blair's not really pleased to hear I've got you behind me. Gotta let ya go."

"No, ya gotta let me go," Blair muttered as Jim broke connection. "Dammit, Jim, I'm getting married tomorrow. What the hell do you think you're accomplishing here. This....This is kidnapping, for Christ's sake."

"Is it?" Jim stole a kiss from pale lips then shoved off his captive and the bed. He padded across the room to the laden table, picking off the silver lids. "You didn't eat anything?"

Blair glared at him in tight lipped silence.

"Give it up, Chief," Jim's words were slick oil in the dimly lit room. "You can't make me believe you really want to leave. I know you don't love that bastard. I know you don't really want to be in his bed. If you did you sure as hell wouldn't be out shaking that ass of yours for the johns. You sure as hell wouldn't be here with me tonight with that hot buck back there waiting for ya."

"What do you know about it?"

"I know...." Jim settled down on the bed again, slithering up Blair's body, leaving a hot moist trail from Blair's toes, along the inside of his thigh, tickling the sensitive belly button until Blair squirmed up into the sensation. "...You want me."

"You're full of....yourself," Blair gasped.

Jim leaned lower, kissing the tip of Blair's relaxed cock. "Not as full of myself," he said, glancing up the other man's body from under dark lashes. "As you're going to be before I take you home."

"It's not going to work, Ellison," Blair rasped, turning his head to break the seductive eye lock. "I don't want you, man."

Jim resumed his flavorful trip up the younger man's long form, licking and nipping through the forest of dark hair that furred his chest. Blair moved restlessly under him but his sex remained still and uninterested.

Jim reached between them, caressing the sweet, soft strength. Blair thrust up into the enveloping fingers, moaning, wanting.

Soft.

Jim leaned up to stared into Blair's frustrated features. "Blair...?"

Distress stole the little color left in Blair's face and he turned his head away. "Hit me, Jim. Just...Please....Hit me."

"Wha....What?'

"Hit me," Blair repeated brokenly. "God, just do it."

"I...."

Blair wrenched violently against his bonds, crying out as the pain he inflected on himself washed over him, filling his cock. "There..." he whispered, repeating his self-abuse. His cock hardened even more, pulsating in Jim's hand. "Oh, yeah," he rasped arching against Jim.

Jim's eyes widened, darkened with understanding. "Blair, what the hell...?"

"Don't fuck it up, Ellison." Blair murmured, his eyes dreamy in pain-induced lust. "My neck. Bite my neck. anything. I need you to hurt me. I need..."

Blair ran out of words as he met Jim's horror stricken gaze. He bit deeply into his own lip and turned his head away.

"Blair...?" Jim brushed back the russet curls.

His body stiffened and he shook his head. "Don't..."

"Blair, what's going on, babe?"

Blair closed his eyes. "Let me go," he whispered. "Now you know, let me go."

"What happened to you?" Jim murmured, stroking the smaller man's cheek. "What....? Oh, Jesus, no."

"Don't analysis me, Ellison," Blair rumbled. "Don't even think about it for a second."

"It was me, wasn't it?" Jim croaked. "When I..."

"No, dammit," Blair shouted. "Don't say it. Don't....think it."

"You thought I was throwing you away when I told you I was marrying Alex." Jim continued.

"No."

"I hurt you so bad you can't...."

"Shut up," Blair screamed, thrashing against Jim. "Shut up. Shut up. Shut up."

Jim caught his face between strong hands and forced him to met his eyes. "I love you, Blair."

A slow tear crept down Blair's cheek to wet his hair. "You can't."

"I do."

Blair shook his head. "Too late. It's too late."

Jim pressed a tender kiss on Blair's trembling mouth, thrilling to the answering desperation in Blair's lips. "Never too late," he whispered, trailing his lips down Blair's neck and nuzzling him there. "I love you. You love me."

"No."

"I can't hear the lies, Blair," Jim said, smiling softly. "I'm listening to your heart, even if you won't."

"Let me go."

Jim reached into the bed-side table's drawer and pulled out the key. He eased down Blair to free his legs then slithered up the trembling body to free one arm.

"You're letting me go?" Blair asked.

Jim shook his head and snapped the cuff around his own wrist, binding them together. He unlocked the second wrist and tucked Blair into his warm embrace, then heaved the keys across the room, out of reach. "Never gonna let ya go, Chief," he murmured, kissing the top of his lover's head. "Just having a change of plans."

"You don't want to do this."

"Yeah." Jim dragged a blanket over them, chuckling. "I do."

"You're crazy, Ellison. When did you go crazy?

"Don't you know?"

Blair shook his head.

"Happened the day you took away the sun." he told him. "Now I'm taking it back. I'm taking you back."

"You're not going to listen to reason, are you?"

Jim silenced his protests with a gentle kiss. "Not in this lifetime."

Blair searched the bigger man's face for some sign of betrayal, of backing down, and found none. Sighing his resignation, he snuggled closer to the big body warming him. "You are a fool, Ellison. You'll see that in the morning."

"One of us will see things clearer in the morning, Darwin. Now, close your eyes and get some sleep."

END PART TWO

I'm dedicating this sequel to the Three Little Words story to Patt's inquiring mind, because she asked:

1. I want to know why Jim would ever feel the need to be with her, and stay with her. I need you to write that part. Because I can't imagine why. Write it for me, so I can understand. :(

2. I also want to know more about where Blair is coming from. Who is this person he's with and is going to marry? Do we want to like him? Or do we continue to hate his guts like I do now???? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

3. What the hell is the deal with Alex. What happened to her? Why did she die and why is the baby there if she died?

4. Why did Sandburg disappear from the face of the earth. Leaving his car and everything. Did someone take him, or was it totally his choice?

5. How will Simon, Rafe and Jim feel about Blair after this episode? I think we might see some hate come out of everyone. Towards Jim mostly.