Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Pairing: A/R. Life is like that.
    Rating: R (some language, some violence, some KickAss!Reed rage)
    Summary: Enterprise answers a distress beacon from a missing Starfleet ship whose captain was Archer's ex-lover.
    Spoilers: Prize for anyone who finds any real ones.
    Archive: EntSTslash, Archer's Enterprise, WWOMB, others ask first and I'll say yes.
    Author's note: This story came about as a homage to the original series. Take the following classic Trek themes: the captain meets an ex who may be deranged, but isn't able to tell even though the audience can; humans stranded on a less advanced planet proceed to take over and exploit the natives by claiming to be gods (yada yada); one of our heroes gets to have a kickass battle involving less than sophisticated-technology weapons... and add the fact that Malcolm Reed's gonna look pretty damned good (to say the least) in black leather with a sword. Certainly better than Kirk ever did in those classic gladiator-battle-type eps.
    Muchas gracias to the Trekslash chat crew, who thought Malcolm dueling was a fine idea, and that Malcolm in skintight black leather was pretty good all by itself. Everything else here is nothing more than a ploy to accomplish those ends in a logical way.
    Particular thanks to Kim and Drovar, who beta'd and test-drove this baby around the block. And to Kim for provoking the story in the first place (it's all 60's singer Gene Pitney's fault but explaining that's a loooong story...).
    Submitted through http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/makebelieve

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    15,907
    Chapters:
    1/1
    Collections:
    1
    Kudos:
    13
    Hits:
    1,299