Title: Curses & Cures

Author: Vigdis

Fandom: BTVS/AtS

Pairings: Angel/Spike

Rating: NC-17

Category: AU

Spoilers: BTVS through Season 6 and Angel the Series through Season 3 up to, but not including, “Offspring”.

Status: WIP

Series: No

Date: May 29, 2003

E-Mail: vigdisvale@squidge.org

Feedback: Not just yes, but HELL, yes! Pretty please? I get discouraged and stop writing when I don’t get feedback. (No that’s not intended as
a threat - it’s just the honest truth. What can I say? I’m your average insecure, needy fanfic writer...)

Archive: WWOMB: https://www.squidge.org/~peja/; Vig’s Vale: https://www.squidge.org/vigsvale; and StepAwayFromMyXander:
http://www.safmxarchive.distanthost.com. Anyone else, please ask
permission. I like to know where my babies are...

Valdron’s Handy Dandy Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the series, concepts and characters are the property, copyright and trademark of UPN, Mutant Enemy and Joss Whedon. Angel, the series, concepts and characters are the property, copyright and trademark of Warner Bros., Mutant Enemy and Joss Whedon. No ownership or claim on said property, copyright or trademark is made or implied by the use in this work. This work constitutes a personal comment on the aforesaid properties pursuant to doctrines of fair use and fair comment. This work is non-commercial, not for sale or profit, and may not be sold or reproduced for commercial purposes. All other characters and situations which are not specifically owned by the above mentioned are sole copyright of the author.

Thanks: To Cassy for throwing open her “Quantum Xander” dimensions for us to play in. This one is from the “Willow Cursed Spike With A Soul”
Dimension. You can find “Quantum Xander” at Vig’s Vale. Cassy’s Page is at https://www.squidge.org/vigsvale/jameschick/index.html and “Quantum
Xander” is at https://www.squidge.org/vigsvale/jameschick/quantum_xander/index.html

Thanks to Mouse for the wondrous inspiration of her story "Old Friends". You can find it on her website, Bound By Blood (http://www.bound-by-blood.com/) and soon you will be able to find it on my website as well.

And a huge thanks to my gracious beta, Willie Jefferson. Will, I fall prostrate at your feet in gratitude.

And another thank you goes out to WordSmith for suggesting the actual demon version of Nazis, “The Scourge”, as the “Sunnydale Villain of the
Week”. They are going to work out very nicely.

Author’s Notes: Okay... I’m going on the premise, here, that when Halfrek and D’Hoffryn put things back, they did NOT erase memories. Just reinstated spells, etc., and removed actual items (like the paper Xander gave Willow with the Spell to make Angel and Spike’s souls permanent). If that’s not what Cassy meant, too bad! Deal with it! She handed it off and I’m running with it! Ha!

“ ” = conversation
‘ ’ = thoughts (or quotes within conversation quotes)
* * = italics

Another thing: This line belongs to someone else. “Sometimes a deep breath was required, even when not, strictly speaking, needed.” Or maybe it was “Sometimes a deep breath was needed, even when not, strictly speaking, required.” Either way, I found it inspiring, and used the spirit of it in this fic, but I cannot recall where it came from or who wrote it. I know it was a BTVS/AtS fic. If you know, please tell me, so I can thank the writer properly.

Also, I’m messing with the AtS history and timeline a bit. First, when Angel offered Penn the option of leaving his city, he did, so Penn is still out there somewhere. Second, this story begins a few months after BTVS “Hells Bells” (otherwise known as the wedding that wasn’t - which
never happened in this alternate reality) but in the Angel timeline it is only just after “Billy” which is the episode before Darla returns in “Offspring”. I’m putting a bit of time between the two episodes to facilitate my story. I figure that if time moves differently in the different dimensions, perhaps events unfold at a different rate as well.

This means that there is no Connor, yet, and Cordelia is still 100% human with brain-frying visions and nasty headaches. Spike never found out about the Gem of Amara, thus he never lost it to Buffy nor did he go to LA and torture Angel to retrieve it. He never left Sunnydale after the kidnapping fiasco. (That was what prompted Willow to curse him in Quantum Xander.)

This Spike is quite different from the one we know. He has had his soul for four years and yet he has had no one to turn to or trust. He is
bound to act a little different from the Spike we know and love. I have decided that this souled Spike only uses his little personal pet names
(other than pet and luv, which he uses for just about everyone) when he is either at ease or angry. That does affect the story a bit, so be
warned.

Warnings: There will be some stuff that will fall into the BDSM area, but mostly D/s, I think. I’ve got that whole Sire/Childe dynamic going.
And remember, vamps *like* it rough! There will definitely be biting! I mean, they may have souls, but they’re vampires! They bite! So I guess
you could say there’s bound to be a certain amount of blood-play. Vampire style.

More Warnings: Now, as the story grows, the characters are taking over. I didn’t mean for this to happen. It just did. Many of you know exactly
what I’m talking about.

So now, I find that I need to issue more warnings.

The trouble is that the warnings, alone, will be spoilers for the story. You can find them at https://www.squidge.org/~vigdis/fanfic/curses_and_cures/. If you feel the need to be warned, you can go and read them.

Or, you can just trust me.

(I will place notes and warnings that include spoilers at the end of the chapter after spoiler space so that those who wish to be spoiled
can read them first and those who do not can read them after. :D)

Summary: Due to the prodding of “the other Xander” (the hero of Cassy’s fic “Quantum Xander”), Spike, who was cursed with a soul by Willow
after the kidnapping fiasco, decides to go to LA and try to make peace, and a new life, with Angel.



Curses & Cures
by Vigdis


Spike carefully packed up everything he owned.

With the exception of the telly and his treasure, it all fit into a smallish trunk and two large black duffle bags. The trunk held his library of ancient tomes. One of the bags was fairly light, containing his clothes. He was a little surprised to find the bag hard to close. He had always considered his wardrobe rather sparse. The other bag was not quite as full, but it was very heavy. He had lined the bottom with the few books he hadn’t been able to fit in the trunk. On top of that was the heavy velvet curtain he used to block out sunlight when he had to stay in a hotel. His CD collection and other personal items were protected in it’s folds. The blanket he used to move about during the day lay on top of that. Discreetly hidden between the curtain and the blanket lay his secret stash - a velvet drawstring bag filled with loose gems. Not many. Just what he wanted immediate access to. His emergency fund.

He had stumbled across his treasure during his wanderings in the shallow caverns beneath Sunnydale. Most of it was fairly useless to him. It was simply too old and ornate to sell or pawn without questions he needed to avoid. But some was timeless. Strands of pearls, loose gems, plain gold chains - that sort of thing. He had already sold a couple of pieces. Just a small diamond and a pearl choker, but it had been enough to keep him in blood and cigarettes and alcohol. Now it would help him start a new life in LA.

Hopefully with Angel.

Half of the treasure was sorted and packed into the three antique chests he had found with the treasure. The rest - the ornate pieces - he piled, unceremoniously, into a steamer trunk. It was filled to the top when he was through. He locked it carefully.

As Spike began to load his possessions into the car, he wondered if he was doing the right thing. He wasn’t sure, but it seemed like the only course left to him. Truth was, he was scared to death. He just had to trust that the other Xander was right - that Angel would accept him.

He awkwardly loaded the telly into the front passenger side and tied it down carefully. It barely fit. It ran from the floorboard to the top of the headrest. It was one of those new 48” flat screens - the kind you can hang on a wall. He loved that telly. It was his pride and joy. Satisfied that it would be safe for the trip, he loaded the duffle bags into floorboard of the back seat. Then he loaded the steamer trunk in the back seat and closed the door. It was a tight fit, but at least there wouldn’t be a lot of unnecessary shifting. That left the three treasure chests and the trunk of books. He was pleased to find it all fit nicely into the trunk of his car.

Dusting himself off, he made one more sweep of the crypt. The only thing left was the bed - and it could stay. He didn’t need it anyway.

As he left the crypt for the last time, he took one last look around the cemetery. Then he climbed into the car and peeled out with a yell worthy of Billy Idol.

He knocked down the Welcome to Sunnydale sign on his way out of town...

*

Willow studied the spell the other Xander had given her very carefully. Once she was fairly confident, she started gathering her spell components. She put them carefully on the table and picked the spell back up. She wanted to be sure she had everything.

Suddenly, the paper burst into flames. She dropped it quickly with a startled little scream.

Tara rushed in. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah,” Willow answered hesitantly as she watched the spell turn to ash. “It looks like someone doesn’t want this spell cast.” Her face turned grim. “All that means is that I’m definitely going to cast it! But, I didn’t memorize it completely, so I’ll have to research a bit before I can fill in the blanks.”

“Can I help?” Tara asked softly.

Willow smiled. “Of course. But we can’t tell anyone what we’re working on. I’ll explain later, okay?”

Tara nodded. She wouldn’t press. Willow would tell her when she was ready.

*

Spike didn’t feel comfortable leaving his car on the street - not with his treasure in it - so he pulled slowly into the Hyperion’s underground parking garage and parked close to the stairwell. He left everything in the car, locked it, and went out the way he had come in. He wanted to enter the hotel through the front door, not the garage - he couldn’t afford to sneak in.

He paused for a long moment outside the doors, collecting himself. The drive down had frazzled his nerves. He felt like he was on the verge of collapse. He had seen Angel’s convertible in the garage, so it was a safe bet that he was home. Somehow he wasn’t as comforted by that fact as he’d hoped.

He glanced anxiously at the doors. All of his doubts and fears were screaming at him to run as far and as fast as he could. He tried to ignore them. Putting them firmly out of his mind, he proceeded to give himself a little pep talk.

‘At least I stand a chance. Maybe Cordelia won’t stake me on sight. Maybe Angel will be right there in the lobby and I won’t have to try to explain m’self to a bunch of children. Or maybe Angel isn’t home at all and no one will listen to me and I’ll be relegated to a small pile of ash by the time my sire returns.’

“This isn’t helping,” he muttered under his breath. He took the necessary deep breath, straightened his shoulders and opened the doors. He entered the hotel with a determined look on his face. He looked around, but he didn’t see his sire. He was close, though. Spike was sure of it.

“Where’s Angel?” he demanded.

“Spike!” gasped Cordelia. Suddenly there was a crossbow in her hands and it was pointed at him. Gunn noticed immediately, raising one of his own. Fred and Wesley looked up from their research. Fred gave a little squeak and hid behind the office door. Wesley frowned and left his books. He walked into the lobby to face Spike with confidence.

“What are you doing here, Spike?” he asked, coolly.

“I’m here to see m’sire, not you or your little friends. Where is he?” Spike’s confidence was faltering, but his determination was not. He had to see Angel.

Wesley’s eyes narrowed. Gunn circled around behind Spike. The point of his crossbow never dipped. Cordelia held her position. Fred slowly peeked out and, grabbing a weapon, she dashed out and took up a flanking position.

“Why?” Wesley demanded.

“None of your damn business, Watcher! Now, where - is - my - sire?” Spike grated out. He was beginning to shake.

Wesley saw it and frowned. It confused him, but he held his ground. “Not good enough, Spike. What do you want with him?”

Spike shook harder. He was losing it. “I need to talk with him. That’s all you need to know! Now, where is he? Where is Angel?”

Wesley glanced over at Cordelia, confused. She shrugged back. This beyond the normal weird.

Spike’s gaze darted back and forth between them. He glanced around at the dark-skinned man and the kittenish waif. Strangers… He couldn’t make any guesses about how they would behave, but he could see the determination in the frightened girl’s eyes and the hard confidence in the man’s. He looked back to Cordelia and Wesley, but they gave no indication that they would bend.

Hopelessness swept through him. But he couldn’t just give up. Could he?

The weight of his despair drove him to his knees as he wailed out “Sire!”

He dropped his head to the floor in front of him and wrapped his arms around himself, rocking, grief stricken.

A minute later, he heard Angel’s voice. “Will?”

A sob escaped Spike and he shook harder. Then Angel was kneeling in front of him.

“Spike?” Angel said softly. No response. He closed his eyes and thought for a moment. He could feel his childe’s pain, smell his terror - his despair. He knew the situation must be desperate for Spike to turn to him. He had to reach him.

Quietly, Angel looked around the room at his friends. Slowly, weapons lowered. Gathering his sire’s authority, he focused it into one quiet demand.

“William - Childe - look at me.”

Spike didn’t sit up, but his eyes shot up to meet Angel’s. Tears were pouring down his cheeks, but it was his eyes that clutched at Angel’s heart.

“Oh, my sweet boy,” Angel whispered in utter horror. “Who did this to you?”

Spike’s body shook with pained laughter. “Willow. Who else?” he managed to spit out.

Angel’s eyes went dangerously hard before he clenched them shut. Tears welled up at their corners. His whole body shook with the effort to control his rage. Spike was shaking like a leaf. He needed his sire to be strong for him. Spike had managed to overcome his hysteria and was looking up at Angel in desperation.

When Angel finally regained control, he looked down at his childe with compassion. “I’m here, Will. And you’re mine,” he whispered, for the ears of his childe alone. “I’ll take care of you.” And with that, he scooped Spike up in his arms, cradling him close, and turned to walk upstairs.

“Angel?” Cordelia called, worried.

Angel stopped, but he didn’t turn back. When he spoke, his voice was bleak.

“He has a soul.”

Wesley gasped and Cordelia’s crossbow clattered to the ground as Angel continued up the stairs with his precious burden.



Chapter 2

Willow smiled triumphantly.

Hours of research had paid off.

She had the spell.

And it would work!

It wasn’t exactly the same spell that the other Xander had given her. There were minor differences; she knew that. But that wasn’t important. What was important was that the spell would have the desired effect.

Angel and Spike would never lose their souls, once the spell was cast.

But there was a catch. A big one. This was something she couldn’t do without consulting Angel. He had to know what was happening.

It didn’t occur to her that she should warn Spike, as well, until Tara brought it up.

“It’s not the same,” Willow told her, confidently. Spike wasn’t off fighting evil. As far as she could tell, he was mostly off getting drunk. “He probably won’t even notice. And besides, he’s here in Sunnydale and we’ll be in LA.”

They went to pack. They would leave for LA early the next morning. The plan was to leave a note about a spur of the moment decision to go away for a romantic weekend and then just go, without saying goodbye.

Goodbyes would mean explanations - explanations about the spell and what it meant. And that was a choice Willow had promised to leave to Angel.

*

Angel was terribly gently as he lay Spike down on his bed. Almost instantly, the younger vampire rolled over on his side and curled up in a little ball. Angel sighed and went back to lock the door to his suite.

This was a terrifying experience for Spike. He could scarcely believe he wasn’t dust. And Angel was being so gentle - so careful with him. But now he was gone and Spike lay, cringing, on his bed. He could smell his sire all around him. It smelled of comfort and security. Angel had placed him in his own bed. Suddenly, he sensed Angel standing over him. He could hear the brushing of fabric as Angel stripped out of his clothes

“Your turn,” Angel said soothingly, as he removed Spike’s Doc Martens and his socks. Then he scooped Spike back up into his arms and lifted him onto his bare feet. He helped Spike out of his duster, laying it carefully across the chair beside the bed.

Spike didn’t speak or even move. He could feel the silk of Angel’s boxers against his bare arm, then the bare skin of Angel’s broad chest as his shirt was pulled slowly up over his head and off.

Angel cradled his shaking childe against him as he undressed him. Sleeping in those tight clothes would not be conducive to rest. And Spike had to rest. The emotional trauma of his arrival here was obviously immense. Angel pulled Spike’s back firmly against his chest and was relieved when Spike tilted his head back against his shoulder. He stroked his skin, petting him, comforting him. Angel’s large hands moved purposefully to Spike’s belt. As he unbuckled it, Spike whimpered.

He paused. “What is it, Childe?”

Spike turned his face toward Angel’s throat, scenting his sire’s blood. “Not wearing anything under ’em.”

Angel cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. “And?”

“Just thought you should know.”

“Alright.” Still soothing. Still gentle. “Is that a problem for you?”

Spike turned his head to meet Angel’s eyes. “I don’t know,” he answered honestly. “Haven’t tried anything since…”

“Since she cursed you.”

“Yeah.”

“When, Spike?”

“It’s been a while.”

“Why didn’t you come straight to me when it happened?”

“I didn’t think you’d want me. I figured if I showed up at your door, the best I could hope for was a stake through the heart.”

“What changed your mind?” Then he frowned as another possibility occurred to him. “Or did it change?”

“Xander.”

“The Zombie?”

Spike giggled. “Nope. Another Xander. This one was from an alternate reality. He was wearing my claim, Sire. My alternate was his Mate. Dust, now, though… Poor kid.”

Angel closed his eyes briefly. Even thinking of his childe as dust hurt deeply. “How?”

“Said he was cursed by a vengeance demon. Left her at the altar or some such. He was shiftin’ through dimensions when he met the other me. They fell for each other, apparently. Then when he shifted, one time, they ended up in the sun. At least it was quick. I know the boy loved him. I held him while he slept. Seemed to comfort him, but that’s all he wanted. He woke a bit. Thought I was his mate. Tried to kiss me. I knew better, though. He’d’ve just hated me the next mornin’. He was grateful that I hadn’t taken advantage. He said I should come to you. I told him you hated me-”

“I don’t hate you, Spike!”

Spike brushed his fingertips lightly against Angel’s lips to hush him. “That’s what he said. He said that in one of the worlds he went to, you took vengeance on a man - a human - who had hurt me. That you drained me to my final death ’cause I begged you to end it. Said it broke your heart.”

Angel’s voice was ragged when he answered. “It would. Truthfully, Will… I don’t think I could do it. I couldn’t bear to lose you, Will - especially by my own hand.”

“He said I couldn’t go on; couldn’t live with what had happened to me. Said that’s why. He wouldn’t tell me what happened. Only that it had something to do with that Initiative that the Slayer got mixed up with - and took down - a couple of years ago. Apparently it was bad. Very bad. Managed to steer clear of them, m’self. Lot of others weren’t so fortunate.”

“You never really answered my question, Childe,” Angel scolded gently. He felt a strong need to bring the conversation back what was preying on his mind. “When were you cursed?”

Spike’s eyes dropped to the floor. He started shaking again and Angel automatically drew him closer, soothing him. “About four years ago, Sire.”

“Four years? Four years and I’m just now hearing about it? Hell! I was in Sunnydale four years ago! Why didn’t anyone tell me? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“What part of ‘I thought you hated me’ are you missin’, here? I was afraid to come anywhere near you, Sire. I thought you’d stake first and ask questions later if I showed up at your door.”

Angel wrapped Spike tight in his arms and just held him as he whispered words of apology, forgiveness and hope.

When Spike finally stopped shaking, Angel’s hands drifted back to his belt. “You can’t sleep in your jeans, Spike. I have plenty of boxers. I’ll let you borrow some, okay?”

“Okay,” Spike nodded sadly.

“What?” Angel asked, concerned. “Do you want me to go? Let you change on your own?”

“Probably best. I want you so much, Angel. I want you to hold me like this forever. I feel safe here.” He gave a sharp laugh. “So I figure, bad idea, right? Wouldn’t want to lose my soul.”

“You think I could give you perfect happiness? Even for an instant?” Angel asked, disbelieving, but pleasantly surprised.

“Why not? You have before.”

Angel chuckled softly. “That wasn’t happiness. It was ecstasy. There’s a difference,” he grinned.

Spike turned in his arms and burrowed against his chest, nuzzling at his neck. “I love you, Sire. I always have. Why didn’t you take me with you when you left us in China? I would’ve stayed with you.”

Angel’s laughter rumbled deep in his chest. “I thought you hated me.”

Spike joined him in laughter and pulled him down onto the bed. “You really think it’s safe?”

“Spike, I’m fairly certain that nothing is going to cause me to lose my soul again. I have my doubts that being with Buffy could do it - but it’s not a chance I’m willing to take.”

“And what about me? What if I lose my soul?”

“I know the spell and I can work it, Spike. If you lose your soul, I’ll just put it back. And we’ll know we can’t do this,” Angel said, exploring his mouth with a long, sensual kiss.

Spike returned the kiss full measure. He really did love his sire. He lifted his hips as Angel slipped his jeans off. Spike recognized the intensity of the emotions washing over him as he held Angel in his arms. He tensed and pulled back. Angel mirrored his movement with a worried look.

“I’m afraid, Sire,” Spike confirmed.

Angel kissed his neck, scraping blunt teeth along his jugular. “We both know how bad it would be, Will.” Angel pulled back to look him in the eyes. “You remember how Angelus was. How cruel he was to you - and he loves you. And I tried - he tried - to suck the world into hell. There was more than a little insanity in that attempt. I think the knowledge, alone, of what they would do will be enough to keep us from that total bliss - perfect happiness. But for me, there’s more. There are things that have happened that no one knows about except me, Spike.” Angel looked away. The pain was overwhelming. “So much I’ve given up. Because… Well, that’s not important.” He turned back to Spike with a mischievous smile. “What is important is that orgasms don’t do it. Not even when they’re with someone else.”

Spike frowned, the question unspoken.

“Darla was here,” Angel confessed. “Last year. I was going through a bad patch. I let Angelus have a lot of leeway. It helped, actually. He still hates me, of course, but I guess you could say we’ve sort of come to an understanding. I let him fight and scheme, and he lets me be. He actually comes up with some great plans…” Angel paused. “There was a point to this. Oh yeah, Darla was here. I slept with her.” Spike’s eyes went wide. “And I see you remember how talented she is in bed. Well, she put all her skill to use. She was trying to make me lose my soul and I was content to let her try. I have to confess, it was definitely one of the most physically pleasurable moments of my life. But it didn’t make me lose my soul.” He chuckled softly at Spike’s expression. “Yeah. She was shocked, too. The point is, orgasms, no matter how mind-blowing, aren’t enough. Sex won’t do it. That’s not true happiness, it’s just pleasure. Physical pleasure. True - perfect - happiness is a lot more profound than that. And I don’t think I’ll ever find that again. With anyone.”

“Still, you’re not willing to chance it with Buffy.”

“No. We can never be together. Not really. That would risk it. We couldn’t have anything other than a series of one night stands and then I would eventually lose her anyway, because slayers aren’t exactly known for their long life-spans. Being with her hurts, Spike. It would always remind me of what I gave up. What I can’t keep. Being with you reminds me of who I was. That is a good thing!” he insisted at Spike’s hurt look. “It keeps me grounded. It keeps me in the now without making me forget the past. That means I keep my soul. I think I’ll have the same effect on you or I wouldn’t be risking this. I want you, Will. I love you.”

“You do? Really?”

“Of course,” Angel smiled and pulled him close. He waited for Spike to raise his eyes. They were filled with wonder and a large measure of disbelief. Angel’s smile widened into a grin as he swooped in for a passionate kiss.

Spike’s toes curled.



Chapter 3

Once the shock had worn off, Cordelia, eyes still wide, sank heavily into her chair.

“A soul. But how?” asked a bewildered Wesley.

“My guess? It would have to be Willow. No one else knows the spell.”

“Well, yes. Perhaps the better question would have been ‘why?’… It would have been kinder, I think, to stake him.”

“Yeah. He seemed so broken. The Big Bad? Not so much! More ‘Little Boy Lost’,” Cordy observed sadly.

“So,” Gunn asked, “what was that all about? I mean, not really used to the vamps falling down on the floor and sobbin’ their cold, dead, little hearts out. And what exactly did Angel mean, anyway? He has a soul? How’d a vamp get a soul?”

“You mean a vamp other than ‘tall, dark and deadly’? Same way, I suppose. He was cursed. Like Angel.” Cordy shrugged dismissively before muttering, “I need to call Willow.”

“Hold off on that, Cordy,” Wes ordered, thoughtfully. “Let’s not do anything hasty. Obviously, if it was Willow, she did not call and inform us - or even Angel. I could see it in his eyes - the moment he realized. He was completely horrified. I didn’t know what I was seeing until he said it, of course. I would imagine he is extraordinarily angry and, if it was, indeed, Willow who cursed Spike, I wouldn’t want to be in her shoes when Angel gets ahold of her. Let’s give him some time to collect himself and regain his self-control before we call anyone or do anything.”

“Good point,” Cordy acknowledged. “I just hope Angel is able to help him. I mean, Angel was a total basket case for, what? A century? I hope he can help Spike adjust a little faster than that! As much as I hate to say it, Angel’s little breakdown, last year, seems to have helped him. I mean, he’s so much more at peace now.”

“Angel had a breakdown?” Fred asked, sounding awed.

Cordy grinned. “Yeah. He was the boss then. He fired us all. There were some seriously hurt feelings, but that’s all. Aside from him donating certain items of my wardrobe to charity. Still not happy about that. You’ll notice I don’t leave a lot of stuff lying around the hotel. Anyway, he was scary, but he didn’t go nearly as Angelus-y as we thought he was going to.” Wesley raised his eyebrows at her. “Okay, so he let Darla and Drusilla eat Wolfram & Hart’s Board of Directors - or some such.” She rolled her eyes. “I mean, could he really have stopped them? One of him, two of them, evil lawyers. That still sounds redundant!”

Fred giggled. “Yeah, it does.”

“He locked them in a room with two of the most vicious vampires in history! Of course, he followed that up with setting those same two vampires on fire.” Wesley added. “That’s terribly frightening, but not something Angelus would do. Angelus adored Darla. And Dru is his childe. Actually, I’m still a little surprised that even Angel would try to destroy her. But I suppose he expected her to survive it. And she did. As did Darla.”

“Yeah, man, that was messed up,” Gunn shook his head. “But Cordy’s right. Once he got over it - worked through his shit - he seemed okay. He’s a lot happier now, that’s for damn sure. My man never used to smile. And he was always so dead serious when the shit hit the fan. Now my boy enjoys himself in a fight. It makes him cooler to be around, at least.”

“Wow! I never realized. I guess there’s even more I don’t know about all this than I thought. I thought the soul thing was about it. I didn’t understand how painful it must be for him.”

“Yes, well, Fred,” Wes told her informatively, “he lived almost 150 years without a soul, doing utterly despicable and horrific things, and then he suddenly had a conscience. It was - and still is - very painful for him. That’s the whole point of the curse, really.”

“See,” Fred said, “I never really got that. I mean, if his soul wasn’t there when he did all that awful stuff, then why should the soul have to suffer for it? It seems, to me, that it’s more like pointless cruelty than anything else.”

“I seriously doubt the Romani who cursed him were at all interested in justice.” Wesley’s voice was grim.

“Yeah. They just wanted to make him suffer!” Cordy added, vehemently.

“Well, if they wanted Angelus to suffer, they could’ve come up with somethin’ better. I mean, from what you’ve told me about when he lost his soul in Sunnydale, the things Angelus found the most disgustin’ were the fact that Angel was in love and that he was helpin’ The Slayer fight evil. So, you see? All they really had to do to punish Angelus was let Angel’s soul fight for good and be truly happy. I mean, can you remotely imagine Angelus being anything but enraged by the whole ‘we help the helpless’ thing?” Fred grinned. “And, apparently, he hates the fact that Angel loves Buffy! If they could have been together - if Angel could find true happiness with anyone - it would’ve been Angelus that suffered for it, and not Angel. Which would be a lot more fair.”

“Girl’s got a point. Gotta wonder what they were thinking,” Gunn said.

“I doubt they were really thinking at all. They were grief stricken over the loss of one of their own. A favorite, in fact.”

“Geez, Wesley,” Cordelia said, shaking her head. “Have the Watcher file on Angelus memorized, huh?”

“But, of course,” he answered with a wry grin.

“So what do we do?” Fred asked, softly. “I mean, how can we help?”

“I don’t think we can, Fred. At least not right now. What we need to do is clear out and give them time alone to work through this. Angel is the only one who can truly understand what Spike is going through. Let’s let him take care of it. Cordelia? Do you suppose you could put Fred up for a few days?”

“Are you kidding? I haven’t had a sleep-over in positively ages! At least, not one with actual humans.”

“Oh, I don’t wanna be a bother! I’ll just stay here. I can keep out their way. They’ll never know I haven’t left. I can mostly stay in my room and all.”

“Do not even think about it, Fred!” Cordy demanded. “You are coming home with me and that’s that! We are going to stop at Blockbuster™ on the way and rent a ton of movies and buy hordes of popcorn and candy and live on that and take-out all weekend! And there will be no arguments-” she said, shaking her finger, when Fred started to speak, “no objections and absolutely no testosterone! Every movie we rent will be an unrepentant Chick Flick! This is a girls only weekend! You guys are on your own. Unless I have a vision, of course.”

“Of course,” Wesley nodded, trying not to smirk.

“Gotcha,” Gunn said at the same time. “Chick Flicks only - no guys allowed. Hey, Wes, what say we rent some action movies and have ourselves a boy’s night?”

“Sounds good to me. My place?”

“Sure.”

“Good,” Cordy sighed in relief. “Now that that’s all settled… Fred? Go pack. I’ll write Angel a note.”



Chapter 4

Spike sighed as Angel moved away from his mouth and rained kisses down his body. He buried his fingers in Angel’s short dark hair and moaned as Angel nipped at his skin. Angel braced himself on his forearms and dipped his head to toy with Spike’s nipples with his tongue and teeth. His lean, well-muscled body lay, heavy, on top of his childe, Spike’s cock trapped between them. Angel was still wearing his boxers. The silk teased at Spike’s legs as Angel moved over him. The low purr his sire emitted was soothing and he felt himself relax.

Angel slowly worked his way down Spike’s body, nipping and licking and sucking at the pale skin. He meticulously avoided the hard flesh laying flat against Spike’s stomach. There would be plenty of time to taste him later. He nudged Spike’s legs further apart and settled himself between them before moving back up his body to claim his mouth. He pulled Spike’s hands from his hair and pinned them, together, above his head as his full weight pressed him into the bed. It wasn’t as if he needed to breathe.

Lifting himself off of Spike, Angel hissed, “Don’t move,” and he stood. Standing beside the bed, he stared down at his beloved childe. Spike lay exactly as Angel had left him. Hands clasped above his head, legs lying flat on the bed, spread wide and bent at the knees, and his head thrown back, exposing his slender throat. “Exquisite,” he whispered. Spike’s eyes flew open and he whimpered low. Angel smiled. “It’s okay to look at me, Childe.” Spike turned his head to watch, enthralled, as Angel stripped off his boxers and pulled open the drawer of the bedside table. He silently removed a black bottle.

“Silicon lube?” asked Spike, recognizing the shape. Angel nodded, solemn, as he set it down on the bedside table - within easy reach of the bed. “I hope you have some of that special wash to remove it after. That stuff is great - slippery - lasts forever - but it’s the very devil to get off.” Angel broke into a slow, sexy grin. “Uh, perhaps I could have phrased that better,” Spike acknowledged with a sheepish grin. Angel didn’t speak; his grin just got wider - and his eyes started to twinkle. Spike’s eyes went wide. He abandoned all pretense of submission and started scrambling away.

Angel pounced.

Effectively pinned, Spike shrieked as knowing hands began mercilessly tickling his ribs.

‘Nice thing about tickling a vampire...’ thought Angel, still grinning, ‘breathing isn’t much of an issue.’

When Spike’s laughter and begging turned ragged, indicating he wasn’t able to take in enough air for speech, Angel’s hands stilled, laying flat along Spike’s soft skin.

Spike lay back, taking a long moment to relax, before raising his eyes to his sire’s. He was met with a tender look and a loving smile.

“Feel better?” Angel asked.

Spike grinned. “I hate being tickled,” he said firmly.

Angel grinned back. “But I do it so well!”

“That you do!” Spike acknowledged, still grinning like a maniac.

Angel didn’t even try to resist. There was no reason to. He kissed that grin away leaving Spike’s face soft with passion. His ice-blue eyes were filled with warmth as they opened to gaze longingly into Angel’s.

“Angel, don’t tease,” he pleaded. “I need you inside me.” Then his smirk returned with a vengeance. “C’mon! Fuck me already!”

Angel pulled back. His expression didn’t change. “No.”

“No?” Spike demanded incredulously. “Then what the fuck am I doing here?” he demanded, pushing Angel away in an attempt to leave the bed. He was fighting back tears. If Angel touched him he was sure he would break down. ‘So much for love, eh?’ he thought viciously.

Angel grabbed him and pulled him back, hard, against his chest. Sure enough, Spike started to shake and the tears rolled down his cheeks.

“I’m not going to fuck you, Spike. We’ve been down that road. It was obviously the long way around, because it took us this long to end up where we are.” His arms tightened around Spike as he struggled to break free.

“Will!” Angel said sharply. Spike went instantly still. “I love you, William. And I’m going to show you that I love you. I’m not going to fuck you. I’m not just going to use your beautiful body for my own pleasure.” Angel dropped a kiss on Spike’s temple. “I know you don’t really believe that I love you, Will. So, I’m going to make love to you until you do.”

Spike melted against him, tears on his cheeks. “Okay,” he said with a sniffle. “But can we try that ‘using my beautiful body’ thing another time? ’Cause it sounded really hot!”

Angel chuckled and said, “Sure. Just not this time, okay? We can do that when you are feeling a little more secure.”

Spike tilted his head all the way over to the side, exposing his neck in a desperate invitation. Angel understood. His childe needed this connection. His face shifted and he gently sank his fangs into his mark at the junction of Spike’s neck and shoulder. Spike sighed his relief as his sire drank from him.

After a long moment, Angel withdrew and, still in gameface, began to work his way down Spike’s chest. As he did so, he gently placed him back in position on the pillows. Spike was pliant in his sire’s hands, moaning his pleasure and occasionally pleading for more.

Angel reached for the lube and poured some onto his fingers. He set it aside and began to gently massage Spike’s puckered entrance. As the muscle relaxed, Angel slipped one slick finger inside. Spike began to purr. Angel smiled in satisfaction and added a second finger, brushing his prostate lightly. Spike’s purring grew louder as Angel took his cock in a firm grip and began to pump. Then he lowered his face, sinking his fangs into the tender flesh of his childe’s thigh.

It was too much. Sensory overload, perhaps. His sire’s fingers stimulating him from the inside, his hand pumping him on the outside, while bringing all the sensations into sharp focus with a single bite. A Sire’s bite. Spike growled low and came.

Angel removed his fangs and lapped a soft tongue over the healing wound. His face fell back into it’s usual human façade. He watched, not moving, while Spike regained his senses. Then, when their eyes finally met, he shifted his fingers. Spike gave him a soft little whine. Angel’s eyes were dancing as he added a third finger and pressed against that tiny nub. Spike actually yowled this time. Angel grinned. He was careful to scrape lightly against his prostate one more time as he gently pulled his fingers from his childe’s body. Spike whimpered again.

“I love the sounds you give me, Will. The way you whimper and growl and purr. It makes me hard to hear you like this.”

“Oh, Sire! Please! Please? I need to feel you inside me. I need you.”

Angel sat up and moved into position between Spike’s legs. The pillows put him at exactly the right height. Quickly, he liberally lubed his long, thick cock and placed the tip at Spike’s entrance, pushing slightly - not enough to enter, but enough to tease.

Spike whimpered in need.

“Will?” Angel said his name softly. Spike opened his eyes and struggled to look at him. “I love you, Will. Are you ready for me? I know it’s been a long time.”

“I’m more than ready, Peaches. Just bleedin’ well do it, already. I need you in me. Now!”

Angel’s eyes turned slightly sad. “Will. This isn’t about any power plays or dominance. It’s about love.” Spike looked at him, pleadingly and he pushed into his body in one smooth stroke. “Is that what you want?”

“Hell, yes! Angel, it feels so damn good!”

Angel sighed and smiled. “Tell me, Will. What do you feel?”

“Oh, Angel, there’s no one like you. Never. Only you. I feel-” He stopped abruptly, eyes wide at what he almost confessed. He searched Angel’s eyes. Angel waited, not prodding, not moving. There was only love in his eyes. Spike sighed. “I feel complete.”

“Oh, Will!” Angel breathed. “So do I, my love. So do I.”

Spike wanted to believe that it meant as much to Angel as it did to him. He wanted to. He closed his eyes and thrust his hips, encouraging Angel to move. Slowly, tortuously, Angel began to slide in and out of his tight channel. Spike sighed in blissful pleasure. Maybe Angel did love him.

Nearly an hour later, Spike wasn’t so sure anymore. Angel was still moving at an agonizingly slow pace. Spike was harder than he could ever remember being. ‘Damn, but he has stamina! Who would have thought? I mean, you’d think that he’d be ready to burst, being so long without and all. But no. He’s determined to draw this out for all eternity!’

Angel reached up with one hand to caress Spike’s face. “I love you, Will. More than there are words to describe. Are you ready for more?” Spike looked at him like he was insane and tightened his muscles around Angel’s cock for what had to be the hundredth time. Angel grinned. “Good. Because, I’m ready for something different.”

He pulled Spike up into his arms and rocked back on his heels. Spike was still supported by the pillows, but his mouth was within reach of Angel’s. One hand swept up to bury itself in Spike’s white-blond hair and pull him closer so that Angel could claim his mouth in a passionate, possessive kiss. The other hand moved between their bodies to grip the base of Spike’s cock firmly, almost painfully, as he pulled out of Spike’s body.

Spike gasped in shock as Angel released him completely and he fell back on the bed. He looked at his sire in horror and confusion. Angel leaned down and gave him a quick, gentle kiss before sitting up again. Spike frowned.

“On your stomach, Will,” Angel commanded. Spike’s eyes went wide with surprise and he quickly complied. “Open yourself for me, my love,” Angel whispered and Spike’s hands moved back to grasp his cheeks, pulling them apart to expose his now-tender hole.

Angel sighed at the sight. “You’re so beautiful, Will. I want to draw you like this sometime. Soon.”

Spike whimpered at the notion. It was highly erotic. He remembered the hours of pleasure that resulted, in the distant past, when he had posed for Angelus.

Angel rested one large hand on the small of Spike’s back as he moved into position. Guiding with the other hand, he push roughly into Spike’s willing body. The pleasured whimpers and moans, that he loved so, came at a steady pace as Angel pistoned in and out. He was rough, but not brutal as he moved, well aware that Spike had to be sore already, but he also knew that they both needed this. Spike needed to know that Angel could and would give him what he needed and Angel needed to know that Spike would let him.

Spike’s hands continued to hold himself open to Angel as he savored the sensation of Angel’s cock pounding into him. He whimpered as each stroke scraped over his prostate. ‘So, Angel,’ he thought, ‘you finally decided to get serious.’ He pushed back, letting Angel know he was ready for more and the pounding got fiercer.

And then he couldn’t think anymore…

When Angel saw Spike’s gameface, he realized that his childe had relinquished his self-control, trusting Angel completely. The restraint he had held on to, so tightly, was gone and, trusting in his childe’s strength, Angel allowed himself free reign. He abandoned his own efforts to contain his passion. His touch became more brutal, his fingers digging into Spike’s hips, and he shifted into gameface.

He slid his hands up Spike’s sides and pulled him up to him. Spike was incoherent, babbling, “now, now, now, please now.” Angel snarled and sank his fangs into his mark on Spike’s shoulder. Spike screamed, “Sire!” as he came. Angel followed, the clenching of Spike’s muscles milking him.

When he started to come down, Spike realized that Angel was licking at his mark. Spike shivered in ecstasy. He could feel Angel’s cock softening inside him. His head was tilted back resting on his sire’s shoulder and Angel’s arms were wrapped around him, holding him, lovingly.

“Sire…” he sighed.

“Love you, Childe,” Angel murmured beside his ear.

Spike smiled, sated and weary to the bone. “I know,” he whispered, in wonder. He turned his head and captured Angel’s mouth in a kiss that was sweet and gentle and filled with all the love in his heart. “I love you, too, Sire.”

Angel pulled gently out of Spike’s body and drew him down onto the bed, still holding him close. He pulled away, momentarily, to draw the covers up over them, then lay back, opening his arms to his beloved.

Spike settled into Angel’s strong arms, feeling well and truly loved.



Chapter 5

“So much for our ‘romantic getaway’,” Tara whispered as Willow hung up the phone. Willow leaned over and kissed her quickly, in apology, before rolling out of bed.

It was 4 AM and Buffy had just called an emergency scooby meeting. Apparently a horde of demons known as ‘The Scourge’ were headed into Sunnydale and an immediate research and planning session was called for. The rumors weren’t specific as to time frame, or what, exactly, The Scourge was. Giles said it sounded familiar - he just had to remember where he had heard it…

“It’s okay,” Willow assured her. “Another week won’t make any difference. He’s been waiting for years, after all.”

Tara couldn’t help but feel that something was terribly wrong with that reasoning, but she didn’t say anything. She didn’t really know Angel, after all, and Willow did. She would just have to trust her lover’s judgment.

She resolutely turned her mind toward the immediate threat.

*

He woke to an empty bed. He looked up and saw Spike, wearing only a pair of borrowed boxers, standing in the balcony doorway, smoking a cigarette. He was in the exact place Angel had stood, all those months ago, when he left Darla alone in his bed. Languorously, he stood and walked slowly over and wrapped his arms around his childe’s waist, hugging him loosely. He wanted Spike to feel comfortable. Spike didn’t look at him. He just continued to smoke.

He finished the cigarette and crushed it out on the doorframe. Dropping it, he covered Angel’s arms with his own. “I do love you, you know,” he said quietly. Angel didn’t speak, but he lowered his chin to rest on Spike’s shoulder. “I want to stay with you. Be with you, Sire. Like last night.”

Spike paused for a long moment as they looked out at the barely lightening sky. “I’ll do whatever it takes,” he continued, his voice assuring and pleading at the same time. “I’ll hunt the way you did in China. Or, if you prefer, I’ll eat out of bags, like you do. I won’t hurt the kiddies. I’ll even leave that damned witch alone, if it makes you happy. If you… do the spell… we won’t be able to be together like last night. You said so yourself. I couldn’t bear that. Neither could he. He wants you as much as I do, Sire.”

“You love me that much?”

“Yeah.”

“Good. Then here’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to be very careful to keep it from them. If the kiddies, as you called them,” he smiled, “find out, they will stake us both. No question. I happen to know Cordelia has been planning for this moment for years. She never really lets down her guard.”

Spike turned to look at his sire with wide, frightened eyes. “Angelus?”

“Now, don’t be like that, William. I know why you did what you did. I’m even glad of it. Sucking the world into hell - not one of my better plans, was it?” Angelus nuzzled at Spike’s neck before turning his shaking childe in his arms and kissing him senseless.

“We have to be careful,” he repeated. “At least until we can work out a plan. I think Cordelia would make an excellent vampire, don’t you? I wonder if she’ll still have the visions? And Fred is rather delightful in her way.”

“Kittenish, I thought,” Spike said softly. He wasn’t at all sure he liked the idea of his sire turning Cordelia. She was far too much like him. She could easily usurp his position with his sire.

“Yes,” Angelus mused. “Reminds me a bit of Dru before I drove her mad. I think, perhaps, it will be more fun to have her around if I don’t drive her mad. Dru’s lovely and fantastically vicious, but she’s a bit hard to follow. Fred’s hard enough to follow without adding madness to it. She has a brilliant mind, though. First Fred, then Wesley, I think. They’re both resources we can’t afford to waste. And he’s too great a risk if we don’t turn him. I’m not sure about Gunn, though. What do you think?”

“Not sure,” Spike said, uneasily. He wasn’t entirely sure Angelus wouldn’t turn on him. “Didn’t really even meet him. He wasn’t the least bit afraid of me, though. Tough. Strong. Completely confident. That’s how he came across, anyway. He would make a Master Vamp if you turned him. ‘M sure of that.”

“Yes. You’re quite right. I’m just not sure… Perhaps you should be the one to turn him - if we decide that’s the best course. That way we will both have sire’s rights. Could be useful, that. He’ll be hard to control, no doubt.”

Spike burrowed into his sire’s embrace. “Sire?”

“Yes?” Angelus stroked his back lovingly.

“I don’t understand. Why aren’t you angry with me? I… I want so much to please you, now, but… you hurt me so much before. Why did you do that? Why were you so cruel to me? You weren’t like yourself at all. At least not toward me.”

“You’re right, William. I was not myself. I was mad with freedom and filled with rage. I took it out on you, Childe. You were a convenient target. I knew that, once things had calmed down, I could woo you back to me no matter how far away I pushed you. I know you love me. If we were human, it would be a weakness. But you’re my childe. The bond between us is written in stone. I abused that and you retaliated. Only natural. We are demons, after all. I should have taken my rage out on the minions. They were, at least, disposable. But childer are not. I should have fed you my blood until you healed instead of making snide comments and fucking Dru in front of you without offering you the slightest relief.”

Spike winced at the memory and Angelus grabbed his chin, roughly. “You are mine, Childe. Never forget that. I won’t. Not again.” And he shifted into gameface and kissed Spike brutally.

Spike followed suit and returned the violence full force. He shoved Angelus back into the room, stripping off his boxers along the way. He pushed Angelus down onto the bed, covering him with his smaller frame. Angel had made love to him. Now Angelus was doing so, their hands frantically trying to touch everywhere at once, the taste of blood on their lips. Violent and rough, yes, but there was love in every touch.

Spike wrapped a cool hand around Angelus’ hard cock and started pumping rhythmically. Angelus groaned his approval and reached over to grab the lube from the bedside table. He grabbed Spike by the hips and pulled him around so he could easily reach his opening. Quickly, he slicked two fingers with lube and pushed them inside his body, stretching him, searching for that certain spot.

In this new position, Spike’s mouth was in just the right spot to reach his sire’s cock. Leaning forward just a touch, he licked at it with a long stroke of his tongue. At just that moment, Angelus found what he was looking for. They both moaned, loudly.

“Take me in your mouth, Will,” Angelus commanded and he hissed his pleasure when he complied. Angelus closed his eyes and concentrated on the sensations his childe’s mouth was providing. His fingers stopped moving, but remained buried inside Spike. It wasn’t long before Angelus added a third finger, still not moving - not providing pleasure, just stretching his hole to accommodate him. ‘Mine.’

Finally, he reached down with his other hand and grabbed Spike by the hair, pulling him away. “Enough,” he said quietly, eyes narrowed. Spike stilled. He recognized the look he saw in his sire’s dark eyes. His face lit up in a brilliant smile. Angelus couldn’t help but smile back. His Will still knew his every weak spot, even after a century apart. Removing his fingers, he sat up and pulled Spike up to crush his mouth in another searing kiss. Spike whimpered at the sensations. He loved his sire!

Angelus broke the kiss and shoved Spike down to the bed on his stomach. He grabbed a couple of pillows and tucked them beneath Spike’s hips, then, with no further preparation, he slammed into his childe’s body. Spike threw his head back with a gasp - half pleasure, half pain. He was tender from his bouts with Angel. Angelus grinned and started to pound in and out mercilessly.

“Mine!” he insisted, harshly.

“Yours! Always yours,” Spike agreed. “Sire!” he cried out in desperation.

“No,” Angelus said firmly. “Not ’til I say.”

Spike whimpered in need. “Please, Sire!” he pleaded.

Angelus slowed his thrusts and leaned forward, bracing his arms beside Will’s body and whispered, “Do you need it?”

“Yes,” Spike whimpered in response.

“How bad do you need it?”

“Sire, please!”

Angelus pushed himself back up. “You obviously don’t need it that badly, yet. You’re still coherent.”

Spike sobbed with need. Angelus angled for his prostate. Spike wailed, “Please!”

Angelus smiled. “Come, Will. Come for me.”

Spike exploded against the pillow he was lying on with a shout of “Sire!”

That was enough. Angelus closed his eyes in bliss as he came, pulsing deep, buried inside the body of his favorite childe.

The room was growing lighter by the moment. Angelus pulled out of Spike’s tender hole and was rewarded with a pained whimper. ‘What a sweet sound,’ he thought. He was more than a little tempted to shove a few fingers into his boy just so he could hear more of those musical sounds. ‘Later, perhaps,’ he sighed softly as he dropped a kiss on the small of Spike’s back. He gave Spike’s perfect ass a gentle caress as he rose from the bed.

Angelus walked over to the balcony an looked out. ‘It’s a good thing it faces north,’ he shuddered. The twilight feel of the predawn had dissipated and he could feel the sun rising. Glancing down as he started to shut the door, he grimaced at the sight of three cigarette butts littering his balcony. ‘I’ll have to get Spike a nice stone ash tray,’ he mused. ‘A nice decorative standing one.’ He leaned down and picked them up and then pushed the door closed. He walked across the room and deposited the butts in the trash can before returning to draw the heavy curtains closed over the balcony door.

He turned back to face the room. His exhausted boy was so lovely lying, still as death, on the rumpled sheets. He was already asleep. Angelus leaned back against the thick curtains covering the door and watched. It was a sight he had been denied for far too long. His pleased smile turned to a puzzled frown when he heard Spike whimper in his sleep. Soon, there was a slow but steady stream of those soft, sad sounds coming from his sleeping boy.

‘That won’t do at all,’ Angelus thought, with a wicked smile. Any such sounds coming from his childe should be the direct result of his actions, not some random dream. He pushed himself away from the door and walked over to the bed. He looked down at Spike for a long moment before sliding into the bed beside him. He drew the covers up over them and pulled Spike firmly into his arms.

Spike tensed, waking slightly, then relaxed against the familiar body and returned to sleep. This time, he didn’t whimper.

He felt safe.

Angelus smiled and and allowed himself to follow his childe into sleep.



Chapter 6

‘Hours of research on almost no sleep is wearing on an individual,’ Tara thought as she yawned.

Giles noticed immediately. The rest of them had been doing this for years, but Tara was new to the game. Watching her helped him gauge their bodies’ actual exhaustion level.

“I believe that is sufficient research for now,” Giles said, snapping his book closed. “It’s time to call it a day and go get some sleep.” His voice seemed to reverberate in the silence.

Willow looked up, startled, from the ancient tome she was absorbed in and glanced at her watch. “Giles! It’s barely noon,” she protested quickly. “We should order lunch and keep going. We haven’t found anything yet!”

“And I doubt we shall if we can’t think properly due to exhaustion,” he insisted calmly, rubbing the bridge of his nose. “Now, let’s call it a day and go get some rest.” At Willow’s mutinous look, he continued, “Tara, I trust you will see to it she does not return until she has had at least 8 hours sleep?”

Tara grinned, “Certainly, Giles.” She glanced over at Willow, a wicked glint in her eyes. “I’ll take care of it.”

A shiver ran up Willow’s spine. Suddenly, she couldn’t wait to get home.

*

When Spike woke the second time, he was alone in Angel’s bed. He didn’t move. He could hear the soft scratches of a pencil against paper coming from behind him. Angelus was drawing him. He could only imagine how he looked, stretched out, naked, on his stomach, half-wrapped around a king-size pillow. Soon, he wouldn’t have to imagine. Angelus would finish the drawing and he would see what his sire saw when he looked at him like this. He waited.

Angelus sketched the beauty before him with sure and steady hands. He knew the instant Spike awakened. He didn’t move or even breathe, but there was a change, none the less. Angelus could feel it, like a subtle shift in the air on the link between them. He could also feel his childe’s hunger. He didn’t rush, though. Spike was a Master Vampire. He could control the hunger, the bloodlust, long enough for him to finish his drawing. It was still early in the day and it wasn’t as if they had to go far. Yes, animal blood was all that was to be found in the hotel, but it would do until nightfall.

Angelus discounted the tunnel system entirely. He didn’t want to risk running into any of Angel’s pet humans just yet. And there was no telling where they were or what they were up to. He knew they weren’t in the hotel. Not even Fred. He was a little disappointed about that. He knew he could fool her into thinking he was Angel. Unlike Cordelia, she had never met him and she certainly wouldn’t be expecting anything out of the ordinary. He had thought to turn her first, while the others were out, and then have a bit of fun. The idea of sharing his bed with both Fred and Spike was very appealing.

Spike waited patiently until silence told him that the drawing was complete. Still, he didn’t move. He allowed a rumbling purr to start, deep in his chest and murmured, soft and low, “Sire.”

Angelus smiled. It was a cruel smile, filled with satisfaction. He loved his childe, certainly, but he was a demon, after all. He climbed onto the bed, making sure Spike stayed where he was, and placed the drawing in his hand.

Spike gasped. It was magnificent. He was magnificent. A slow, self-satisfied grin made it’s way across the sharp angles of his face.

“What?” Angelus asked from behind him.

Spike rolled, slightly, until he was lying on his side, his back to his sire, one leg still wrapped around the pillow. He gave Angelus a little chuckle. “I’d do me,” he said happily.

Spike heard him open the lube bottle. ‘At this rate, we’ll need a new bottle by tonight,’ he thought. Then he gasped in pain as three slick fingers were shoved, unceremoniously, into his abused hole.

As he keened in distress, Angelus stroked his back with one hand while the other played mercilessly inside the entrance to his body. Occasionally, Angelus would allow those fingers to brush Spike’s prostate, eliciting further whimpers and moans of pain-filled pleasure.

All the while, Angelus whispered to him, passion bringing out his lovely rolling brogue.

“Such sweet sounds ya give me, m’boyo. Ah, I do love the way ya whimper for me, Will. Give me more. Let me hear yer sweet pain, my precious childe.”

Spike gave him what he wanted - needed - to hear. He whimpered and moaned and begged… holding nothing back. He opened himself completely to the sensations Angelus was inflicting on his bruised and sore body. It had been so long since anyone had cared enough to give him this intoxicating pleasure-pain. So long since he had felt the sweet agony as his sire took pleasure in his body.

It might seem like torture to an outside observer, but Spike and Angelus knew it for what it was - vampiric lovemaking.

Three fingers turned to four as Spike whimpered, pressing back against his sire’s hand, wanting the pain, wanting the pleasure, wanting his sire however he could get him. He cried out as Angelus’ hand entered him, knuckles pushing into his body, stretching him, until he had sunk in so far that the junction of thumb and hand rested firmly against Spike’s perineum. That thumb gently massaged as Spike’s weary muscles spasmed around Angelus’ hand.

Spike’s whimpers had turned to all out cries of pain, but he didn’t try to pull away. Tears fell from his ice-blue eyes as Angelus continued his gentle torment, sweet words of encouragement and love telling him how beautiful he was to his sire’s eyes in those moments of blissful agony.

“I know, dear boy, how sore ya must be, after our lovely night together, and I know it’s been forever since we’ve done this. I know how it hurts ya, and how ya love the pain and hate it as well. But yer mine, sweet William, and it pleases me to see ya like this. Yer so lovely in yer pain, my Will. So beautiful with the tears of it flowin’ down yer sweet face.” Angelus leaned down and kissed Spike’s temple softly. “I want you, boy. Are you ready for me?”

Spike smiled through his tears as he nodded his assent.

“Good then. But, Will?” Angelus waited until Spike’s eyes were looking into his own. “I’ll not let you cum this time, m’boy. This time is for me alone.”

Spike’s eyes were wide as the words sunk in. Then they drifted closed as he took a deep, unneeded breath and nodded his understanding. “For you, Sire. Only for you,” he murmured contentedly.

Angelus slowly, gently, pulled his hand from Spike’s body and lay back, rolling his shaking childe over to his side and then on top of him. He pulled him up off of his body and lowered him slowly onto his thick shaft. His hands continued to hold Spike’s ribcage, helping him balance as he began to move. Angelus allowed Spike to brace himself against his broad chest as he drove upwards into his childe’s willing, pain-wracked body.

Spike knew from long experience what this really meant. They both did. It meant that Angelus was re-claiming him - exerting his sire’s authority without apology or restraint. And when he was satisfied that his childe had submitted to him completely, the rewards - for both of them - would be mind-blowing.

Spike’s eyes locked on his sire’s, all the love and all the pain he felt welling up and pouring out through his gaze. It took every ounce of control he had left, but he managed to get the words out.

“I love you, Sire. I am yours. I have always been yours. I will always be yours.”

He felt Angelus still as his words penetrated. He whimpered softly, but his gaze did not falter. He resolutely held those dark eyes with his own. Balancing as well as he could, trusting that Angelus would not let him fall, Spike moved one hand up to cup his sire’s cheek. “I love you, Angelus,” he said, his voice firm, though his body was shaking.

“I love you, too, William,” Angelus answered him. Suddenly, in a flash of vampiric speed, Angelus sat up, turning so that he was on the side of the bed, feet on the floor. He was still deep inside his childe, his arms tight around Spike’s body, holding him close. “Wrap your legs around me, Childe,” he ordered, reinforcing his dominance. When Spike instantly complied, he continued. “Now give me your throat.”

Spike immediately tilted his head to the side, laying it lightly against Angelus’ shoulder, and waited for the sharp fangs to pierce his pale skin. When they did, he sighed in relief. Only seconds later, he felt Angelus pulse within him, and then cool, soothing, wetness flooded his sensitive internal tissues.

“Yours,” he whispered and began to purr in answer to the low rumble emanating from his sire.

Angelus drained him almost to the point of danger before he removed his fangs and allowed the wound to seal. Spike wasn’t shaking anymore. He was barely conscious. Angelus lifted Spike off of his softening cock and stood, cradling his childe in his arms for a long moment before helping him onto the bed and drawing the covers over him. “Sleep, Childe,” he commanded gently, kissing his cheek. “I’ll take care of you. And when you wake, all will be well.”

Spike sighed pressing toward the kiss and finally allowing himself the complete rest his battered body needed to recover from the unaccustomed use of the last twenty-four hours.

Angelus sat in the chair and watched as his precious boy slipped in the deep healing sleep he needed so desperately. Soon he would head downstairs for blood and, once he had glutted himself on the the less than appetizing animal variety available, he would return and feed his William from his own body. He would be at full strength tonight when they left the hotel to hunt and play. He knew beyond any doubt that Spike was his. The younger vampire had proven his true devotion in the moment he begged to stay with him even if it meant giving up the vengeance he craved.

Angelus’ eyes narrowed. The witch would pay. And once she was dead - or turned, he wasn’t sure which yet - there would be no one to work that accurséd spell. He and his childer would be safe. And there would be more before he sought out the witch. He would not face her without several strong childer at his side. Childer who would bow both to him and to his sweet William. For Spike would never submit to another - nor would he ask him to. Spike was his and his alone, no matter who shared their bed.

There was no one else on Earth who could claim Spike’s submission like this. Not even Darla or Drusilla. Drusilla had turned him, but Angelus was his sire in every other way, and as her sire, he had full sire’s rights. And as Angelus’ sire, Darla had the right, but not the will. She knew that in claiming Will, forcing him to give her this level of submission, she would lose both him and her precious Angelus. Since she couldn’t bear that possibility, she has little choice but to let the two of them be.

Spike had always considered Angelus his true sire. And Drusilla had as well. She might be completely mad, but she had the sense to know that Spike had never truly been hers. He had always belonged to Angelus, just as she did. But she also knew something Spike did not. He was always the favorite. He was the one Angelus truly loved.

Darla had seen it from the first. She had instinctively known from the moment she met him that this beautiful boy was her only real competition for Angelus’ affections - his love. That was the real reason she didn’t like him at first. That was why she wanted Angelus to stake him. She could have done it herself, of course, but if Angelus did it, it would cement the bond between them and deny any future competition as well. But he didn’t do it. Couldn’t? Wouldn’t? Neither of them ever really knew, but it was the beginning of the end.

Everyone thought it was his soul that divided them, and in the end, it was, but it began long before the gypsy curse.

It began with a young would-be poet named William.



Chapter 7

Angelus quickly completed another drawing. He even titled it.

‘My Beloved William In Deep Repose’

Placing it on the bed beside his sleeping child, he drew on his green silk pajama bottoms and padded silently downstairs to the kitchen.

On his way, he stopped by the office to see if there was a note. Cordelia would certainly have left one. He found it, prominently placed on the front counter.

It read:

***

Dear Tall, Dark & Broody,

We’ve all taken the weekend off to give you and Broody Jr. time to bond. I’m not sure what Wes and Gunn are up to, but Fred and I are having a Girls Only Weekend at my place. Phantom Dennis will just have to deal with the chick flicks, the popcorn and candy, and the Chinese delivery, because it’s not like I can kick him out.

There’s plenty of blood in the fridge and I set up an extra delivery for Monday night, so feel free to gorge yourselves. And I told them we would be needing enough for 2 Master vamps from now on, so they should be bringing plenty.

Anyway, we’ll all see you on Monday, so make the most of the next couple of days, okay? Only, no blissfulness and not too much happiness, right? Because coming back to work to a couple of soulless Scourge of Europe types - not my idea of fun.

Love & kisses!
Cordy

***

Angelus’ laugh started low in his chest and turned into a deep rumble that filled the lobby. He took the note with him. Spike had to read it.

In the kitchen, he heated up mug after mug of animal blood, drinking until he felt bloated. He sat there for a while, allowing his body to process the blood, then he rinsed the mug a final time and left it in the sink. He found a large tray and filled it with the note, two clean mugs and as many bags of blood as he could pile onto it, and carried it up to his suite. Once there, he efficiently placed the blood bags in the mini-fridge and set the mugs by the microwave. He took the note over to the bed, picked up his drawing and and placed them both on the bedside table.

He stood, staring down at Spike for a long time before he crawled into bed beside him, still wearing the silk pants. He wasn’t here for sex this time.

Spike was deep in the healing sleep and he would be difficult to wake. Still, Angelus knew that he didn’t have to be awake to drink sire’s blood from the source. All he had to do was make a small cut where he wanted his childe to feed and then unconscious instinct would take over.

He gently hauled Spike’s smaller body on top of him and into his arms. He reached up and made a small cut at his throat and pulled Spike’s mouth down to cover the wound before it closed. The taste of his blood cut through even the near coma of healing sleep and Spike’s fangs sank into Angelus’ throat and he began to drink.

After the sheer volume of blood he had consumed, first from his childe then from the bags of animal blood in the kitchen, it would be a long while before Angelus was in any danger. Spike could drink his fill and heal completely from the power of his sire’s blood.

*

Spike awoke sprawled over Angelus, with his head tucked comfortably under his sire’s chin. One cool arm was draped over him, hand resting gently in the small of his back while the other had slipped down to rest on the bed, elbow bent and fingers still curled lightly in his hair. He felt strong and protected all at once. He realized that Angelus must have fed him Sire’s blood while he slept.

He sat up quickly, rolling off of Angelus.

For a horrified moment, he thought he had gone too far - that Angelus was in torpor - but then a hand reached out to draw him back, and he relaxed against his sire’s side, head tucked firmly against his chest as the rumbling purr began, soothing him.

*

When Angelus woke, it was to the feel of the sun setting and the ding of the microwave. He took a shallow breath to scent the warm blood on the air. No matter how many times he claimed he didn’t breathe, it wasn’t, strictly speaking, true. The sense of smell required a certain amount of breathing. Speech required breath as well. And singing? Well, that wasn’t something Angelus planned to do anyway... He had more pride than Angel.

He smiled lazily, admiring the veiw, as Spike walked to the side of the bed holding two mugs. The dark blue silk boxers made Spike’s crystal eyes seem to darken to a pale sapphire. Just the way passion did.

Spike smiled and handed Angelus a mug.

Angelus sat up slowly, turning so Spike was standing directly in front of him, and took the mug. Choking down animal blood was repugnant, but he was in need of some kind of sustenance. He set the empty mug on the bedside table and pulled Spike’s face down for a hard, quick kiss before commenting.

“We need to go out. Find a decent meal.”

“Not to mention lube,” Spike grinned. “Probably ought to buy a case at the rate we’re going through it.”

Angelus smiled back. “I know just the place. Believe it or not, Angel shopped there. It’s called Cassy’s. It’s actually perfect for our needs. She carries toys of all kinds, too. I’m sure we can find something to interest us.”

He paused and tossed Spike a sly look. “I know what I want to get you.”

Spike raised an eyebrow. “I won’t wear a collar, Angelus. Not even for you.”

Angelus snorted. “Of course not. I would never ask you to. Well, not unless we were playing a game of some kind. But that’s not what I had in mind, lover.” His arms snaked out and large hands grabbed Spike’s hips, yanking him flush against Angelus’ body. Long fingers trailed down Spike’s legs, playing against the midnight-blue silk. Then one hand moved to gently massage his sac while the other slid over his buttocks seeking the entrance to his body. Fingertips tapped lightly against Spike’s anus.

The sensation of silk brushing against his most vulnerable flesh, had Spike moaning in seconds. Angelus grinned against his stomach and nipped at the bare flesh. He pushed carefully inward with a fingertip. He didn’t want to tear the silk. Spike bucked against him. Angelus laughed.

“Imagine,” he whispered against Spike’s chest, “All the while we’re out hunting, playing, you are holding something for me. Something deep inside you, where I want to be. Where you want me to be.” Spike groaned and threaded his fingers through Angelus’ hair, holding him close. “I want to buy you a nice butt plug,” Angelus smiled. “I want to you wear it tonight while we hunt. Just for tonight, I want to know that it’s there, inside you, every moment I’m not.” Spike shivered. “Just for tonight,” Angelus assured him, looking up to meet ice blue eyes. “Maybe other times, as well, but not often. Only when I need you this much.”

Spike looked at him, hurt in his eyes.

“I always need you, Spike. I love you,” Angelus said quickly. “But right now, after so long apart, I wouldn’t even go out for blood if there was a decent vintage in the hotel. But we both need it, Will.” He got that soft, faraway look in his eyes that said he was remembering the way things used to be. His rich brogue filtered through, thickening as he continued. “We need ta hunt together an’ feed together an’ fuck together. In that order. The probl’m is, I don’t want ta be apart from ya fer that long. I want ta fuck ya now and prob’ly ever’ ten minutes we’re out. But I canna be pullin’ ya inta ever’ alleyway we pass, now can I? So this is the next best thing. And if it gets too much, an’ I need ya withou’ delay, or vice versa, then we can duck inta the nearest alley an’ I’ll pull the thing from ya and fuck ya to our hearts’ content. ’Course, I’ll be putting it back when I’m done wi’ ya, m’boyo. I want ya wearin’ it an’ thinkin’ o’ me inside you all the while.”

Spike groaned. “Now, Angelus! I want you inside me now. I can’t wait until we find a convenient alley. I need you before we leave, too.”

“Ah, m’precious boy.” Angelus’ long, limber fingers slipped blue silk down Spike’s legs, freeing his rampant erection. “Were ya thinkin’ we’d be leavin’ before I saw to our need?”

Spike groaned again as Angelus’ lips closed over him. His fingers tightened in the dark hair as he tried not to thrust into that welcoming mouth.

Angelus drew back and looked up at his boy. Spike whimpered when his sire’s mouth left him. His head was thrown back, eyes clenched shut with the effort to maintain control.

“Will.” Blue eyes, glazed with passion, fluttered open to meet his. “Let go. Don’t try to control it, boy. Yer mine. I’m wantin’ all your passion. Give it to me, Will. I won’ let ya fall.”

Spike drew in a shuddering breath and nodded. “Love you,” he whispered. Angelus smiled up at him and lowered his mouth back to the hard flesh waiting for it. Spike gasped. He didn’t hold back this time. He thrust and whimpered and moaned, giving Angelus all the sounds and passion he craved. Angelus stroked up Spike’s back with one hand, petting him, as he swallowed Spike deep.

Spike shouted his name as he came.

*

Spike rubbed lightly at his backside. The light bruising was already fading. He was still a bit tender, though. He smiled at the thought. He had cum the second time without a single touch. All he had needed was Angelus - big hands gripping his hips, big cock pounding in and out of his body at just the right angle - and that lovely bite at just the right moment.

Angelus walked out of the bathroom wearing only a towel. Noting Spike’s smile, he raised his eyebrows. Spike’s grin only grew wider. Angelus gave him a look that said ‘you’d better start explaining before I come tickle it out of you.’ Spike giggled. Yes. Giggled. He would admit that to himself. But only to himself.

“Just thinking about the way you feel inside me.”

“Damn, Spike! Don’t say things like that when we’re trying to get dressed.” He gave Spike a grin of his own. “Save them for when we’re getting undressed!”

Spike groaned.

“Can’t help it, Peaches. Love you.”

Angelus dropped the towel and pounced.

*

“We are never going to leave this room, are we?” Angelus groaned, resigned.

“Can’t see it happenin’, no,” Spike smirked.

“Well, damn.” Angelus sat up quickly, rolling out of bed and to his feet. He rummaged through a few drawers gathering clothes before he went back into the bathroom and slammed the door. Quickly washing up, he carefully dried himself before yanking on the silk boxers, silk shirt and leather pants - all black. He slammed back out into the bedroom looking for his socks and boots.

As he put them on, he glanced over at Spike. “You didn’t come all the way down here without even a change of clothes, did you?”

“’Course not!” Spike snorted. “Brought ever’thing I own, I did.”

Angelus raised his eyebrows again. Spike grinned. “Car’s in the parking garage. Stuff’s in the trunk and backseat. Oh… And my books are in a trunk on the front seat.”

“Good,” Angelus said gruffly, looking away. “I’ll bring your things up while you shower.”

“I guess we can figure out where you’ll put me later, huh?”

“What?” Angelus almost shouted.

“What?” Spike demanded innocently. “I am staying, right?”

“Damn right, you’re staying!” Angelus stalked over to Spike, fury on his face. “You’re staying right here. With me. In this room.” He kissed Spike possessively. “Forever! Got it? You’re mine!”

Spike was shaking when Angelus let him go, but not from fear. “I’ve always been yours, love. Even when you were Darla’s.”

“It was never my choice to be Darla’s.”

“Sire’s Right...” Spike grumbled softly.

“Exactly.” Angelus turned his back and took a few steps toward the sitting room. “A mating by Sire’s Right is isn’t complete without the full consent of the childe. Did you know that?”

“No.” His tone was almost belligerent. He didn’t want to talk about Darla. Or mating. He knew his own Sire hadn’t wanted him that much. He could only hope that one day Angelus would.

“It isn’t.” Angelus fisted his hands at his sides, but he didn’t turn back to face his lover. “Can you imagine what Angel staking her would have done to me if our mating had been true?”

He forced himself to relax before he continued.

“It’s why she was so slow to accept you. She knew I’d never truly be hers. And she saw immediately that you could win my heart.” He smiled at the soft gasp behind him. “She was very intuitive. It was part of her strength. I always admired her. I even loved her. But I was never what she wanted me to be - her mate. I think Angel staked her as much to prove that as to protect his little slayer. He hated her as much as he loved her.”

“Angel loved Darla?”

Angelus smiled. “Surprised? He loved you all. But you were his favorite,” he finally turned to face Spike, “just as you have always been mine, Will.”

“Really?”

Angelus’ eyes were soft with emotion. “Really. It was one thing we always agreed on. We both loved you - all of you... But you most of all.”



Chapter 8

Angelus dropped Spike’s duffle bags on the floor by the dresser. The TV was already set up in the sitting room. He’d carried it up to the room first. He’d even figured out how to hang it on the wall in front of the sofa. “The things I do for my childe,” he groused, disgruntled. “I suppose I’ll have to get cable now, too.”

“Only if you love me,” Spike returned with a grin as he walked out of the bathroom. He was still toweling off.

Angelus grunted in exasperation and averted his eyes. He didn’t want to get distracted. He opened the lighter of the two bags. Clothes, just as he’d suspected. He tore through Spike’s wardrobe with a frown, strewing items across the floor. Finally, he settled on a cornflower blue t-shirt he was fairly certain would be skin tight - even with the weight Spike had lost. “Don’t you have any leather pants?” he demanded in frustration.

“Yeah. Black ones. To match m’duster. They’re rolled up at the bottom - on one end of the bag. Not sure which end,” Spike confirmed easily.

Angelus smirked. He dug in one end and pulled out the pants. He tossed them to Spike and then pulled out a matching belt.

“What? No boxers?”

“No.”

“You sure, Peaches? I got some nice black silk ones in there.”

“No.”

“Well… If you’re certain.” Spike smirked playfully.

Angelus growled.

*

“So,” Spike asked idly, “do you have a safe or a vault around here somewhere?” They were in the parking garage, preparing to unload the rest of Spike’s belongings. Angelus had refused to bring anything else up alone. The steamer trunk was sitting on the ground where he had pulled it out of the car to get to the duffle bags.

“Why?”

“Ummm…” Spike hesitated. “Well, you see… I was wandering around under Sunnydale one day and I stumbled across something - well - interesting, to say the least.” Spike shot Angelus a grin and unlocked the steamer trunk.

When he opened it, Angelus gasped. Then he smiled. “Well done, Childe.” He reached in and grabbed a handful up, letting it slide through his fingers back into the trunk. “Lock it back up. We’ll put it in the hotel vault. I’m the only one who knows the combination. I’m not sure the others even know it’s there. There is a small safe, but that’s all I’ve shown them.”

“There’s more,” Spike smirked. Angelus’ eyes widened. Spike opened the car trunk and emptied it quickly. “This trunk is filled with books. Some are pretty ancient. Even you might not have them.” Angelus snorted. Spike pointed to the three chests. “These, on the other hand, are filled with treasure. This one is loose gems. This one is gold. And this one is simple, timeless jewelry. Everything in the steamer trunk is too ornate or obviously antique to be useful,” he shrugged. “I also have a small bag of loose gems in one of the bags upstairs. It’s my emergency fund.”

“Will,” Angelus sighed, “you amaze me, boy.”

They carried the treasure into the lobby and stored it away in the vault. The trunk of books was stashed in the library, before they headed back down to the garage.

“Wesley will be pleased,” Angelus noted casually.

“Pleased, hell!” Spike returned. “He'd sell his grandmother to the bloody Rom for some of those. There are books in that trunk so rare - even those wankers on the watchers’ council don’t have a copy.”

Angelus chuckled, shaking his head. He shrugged on his black leather jacket as they climbed into his convertible.

*

Spike tapped his fingers idly on the car door as Angelus drove. He was, as usual, vibrating with barely contained energy. Angelus took it in stride. That tightly wound exuberance was one of the things he loved about William.

“Music! We should turn on the radio!” Spike announced, reaching for the knobs.

Angelus shook his head. “It doesn’t work.” Spike drew his hand back and looked at him in shocked silence. Angelus winced. “Sorry. I just haven’t had the time - or inclination - to get it fixed. It isn’t high on my list of priorities.”

Spike sat back in his seat and turned to face forward. Angelus sighed in defeat. “Alright. I’ll get it fixed. I promise.”

Spike grinned. Angelus rolled his eyes.

*

As Angelus pulled into the parking spot directly in front of the store, Spike sighed in disbelief. “You really are a lucky bastard. All this traffic and you get the space right out front.”

Angelus just smiled - that wicked smile that said, “Of course. I’m evil!” Spike kissed it.

“Come on. Let’s go inside. I can’t wait to show you off. Cassy’s gonna love you.”

“Ooh. Does that mean I get to flirt outrageously?”

“Certainly. Do whatever you want. Just remember. She’s not on the menu. I like her store too much.”

Spike smirked and sauntered into the store, full swagger, duster snapping around him.

Angelus just shook his head with a tolerant laugh and followed.

*

Cassy was leaning against the counter thumbing through the newest sales catalogue from Spartacus Leather™ when she heard the door jingle. She glanced up casually, then straightened quickly, trying to catch her breath. ‘He’s a vision. He’s divine! Must breathe!’ she told herself.

She was so enthralled with Spike that she didn’t even notice Angelus walk in behind him. Spike tilted his head and gave her a seductive smirk as strong arms slid around his waist, pulling him close. Angelus’ chin dropped to his shoulder. “See. I told you she’d like you.”

Cassy tried to speak, but no words came. Spike stepped out of Angelus’ embrace and cupped her cheek with his hand. “You alright, luv?”

“Uh-huh,” she nodded, green eyes wide.

Spike licked his lips. “Lovely hair, you’ve got there, pet. I always did fancy redheads.” She just swallowed as his hands slipped into her hair and his eyes raked her lithe curves. “Nice,” he said, all syrup and sex. “Wanna play?”

Cassy shivered. Angelus cleared his throat. “Angel!” Cassy said, jumping back, startled. “I’m sorry. I didn’t see you come in.”

Angelus shrugged. “A common phenomenon when my boy, here, is in the room. Delicious, isn’t he?”

“Lord, yes!” Cassy sighed. Her eyes flitted nervously between the two vampires.

“Ah, now, don’t worry, luv,” Spike assured her gently. “Angel, here, loves to watch me flirt with beautiful ladies such as yourself.” Cassy glanced at Angelus who smiled, eyes smouldering with passion. She blushed a very becoming shade of pink. Spike raised her hand to his lips and kissed it gently. “I understand you have quite an inventory. Care to help us with our choices?”

Cassy smiled, biting at her lower lip. “It would be my pleasure,” she purred. She led them over to the first rack of leathers. “Where would you like to start?”

*

Spike was loading their purchases into the trunk when Angelus came up behind him.

“One more thing,” he whispered. “Come back inside.”

Spike raised his eyebrows, closed the trunk and followed his sire back into the shop.

Cassy handed Angelus a small bag and a key and ushered them to the back of the store. “So, Angel, let me know if you need any… help,” she whispered flirtatiously.

“Care to stay and watch?” he challenged. Spike’s eyes went wide for a moment, emotions flashing rapidly across his face, before finally settling into a speculative leer.

Cassy sighed. “Wouldn’t I just love to!” Then she whispered conspiratorially, “But I make it a practice never to get sexually involved with vampires. You never know what could happen in the heat of passion.”

Angelus looked at her in shock. “You know?”

Cassy rolled her eyes. “Well, duh, Angel. Maybe you haven’t noticed - this shop is full of mirrors.”

“Right.”

Spike kissed Cassy’s cheek and pushed Angelus toward the dressing room with a laugh. “Come on, then, Sire. Let’s get on with it, shall we?”

“Uh-huh. Sure.”

*

The room was large as dressing rooms go. It had a wide, padded bench and sink with a pump bottle of antibacterial toy cleaner. Angelus unwrapped his purchase and washed it thoroughly.

“Uh, not really gonna catch anything, pet,” Spike reminded him with a quirk of his eyebrow.

“So? Do you know how many people have touched this thing? I want it clean when it touches what’s mine.”

“Well, if you’re gonna put it that way…” Spike grinned.

“Just get your pants down, would you?”

Spike laughed as he unbuckled his belt and pants and then lowered them past his slim hips. “Where do you want me?”

“On the bench. On your knees.”

Spike was quick to comply.

Angelus opened the bottle of lube and drizzled it down his fingers. He moved his other hand down Spike’s butt, caressing as he gently slid two fingers into the waiting body. Angelus stretched carefully, playing with Spike’s prostate. Spike moaned frantically. “Don’t cum.” The voice was soft, but the words were iron. “Don’t cum.”

Spike groaned. Angelus covered the butt plug with lube and carefully began to insert it.

“Damn that’s cold!”

“Yes, well, it’ll warm up. A bit. It’s stainless steel.”

“That explains why it feels so heavy, too.”

“Are you complaining, Childe?” Angelus asked, with a hint or retribution in his voice.

“No!” Spike assured him, quickly. “Not at all. Just making observations.”

“That’s good. I’d hate to have to punish you here. Right before we go find us some dinner.”

Spike shivered. Angelus had stopped moving. The plug was at it’s widest part. He closed his eyes and waited. He was tempted to breathe, or at least push back, but he didn’t want to risk angering his sire. Angelus’ moods were volatile at best.

Finally, Angelus slid the plug the rest of the way in. He carefully wiped up the excess lube so that Spike’s leather pants would not be stained. Then he pulled Spike to his feet and fastened his pants and belt. Placing a finger under Spike’s chin, he raised his childe’s eyes to meet his. “You did well, Will.” He lowered his face and kissed his childe passionately.

“If I hadn’t seen it,” Spike whispered, “it would have been harder.”

“I know.” Angelus gently stroked his cheek. “That’s why I let you see it.”

Spike smiled.

Angelus smiled back. “Shall we go out and play?”

“By all means, Sire.”

Angelus led Spike back through the store, thanking Cassy as they passed.

She smiled and waved as she helped another customer. Angel was always welcome. And tonight he had spent a lot of money. His orders would be coming in all next week. She grinned as she thought about her week’s profit margin. She grinned wider as she thought about Angel and Spike actually using the toys, equipment and case of lube they had purchased. “Oh to be a fly on the wall…” she whispered.



Chapter 9

“That looks like just the sort of place we’re looking for.”

“Are you sure, Angelus? It’s a gay leather bar.”

“So?” He pulled into a parking place in the crowded lot.

“I was kind of hoping for a lush female form to crush up against me, all wriggly-like.”

Angelus shook his head as they got out of the car. “You’re hopeless, you know that?” He walked around the car, opening the trunk as he continued. “We’ll go to that club across the street later and you can look for one of those voluptuous high society chits you were always so gone on back in the day.”

Spike smiled. “Sounds like fun, Peaches.”

“Spike?” Angelus waited for Spike’s eyes to meet his. “Leave the duster in the trunk.” His hands moved slowly over Spike’s blue-clad chest. “I want to show you off.” He leaned in and whispered in Spike’s ear, “I want every man in the place to wish you were his.”

Spike moaned, helplessly. “Yours…”

Their mouths met in a crushing kiss as Angelus slid Spike’s duster off his shoulders. Spike dug his fingers into Angelus’ shoulders and began pushing his jacket down his arms. Angelus pulled back with a questioning look. “You too,” Spike murmured. “I want ’em to see how built you are, beefcake,” he finished with a grin.

Angelus chucked deep in his chest. “Tonight? Anything, Childe.”

He tossed the two jackets into the trunk, slammed it shut and crushed Spike back against his chest with a contented sigh.

*

“I can’t believe I let you talk me into this!” Vigdis said, rolling her eyes. She was wearing a black leather mini-skirt and vest with a very small halter that barely covered her large breasts. “I mean, look at me! Do I look like a man in drag? I don’t think so. So why do all these gay guys keep hitting on me? This is SO not fair.”

A hand dropped onto her shoulder. “Hey, babe,” the stranger started only to be cut off by James.

“Hands off my girl, buster!”

“Sorry!” the man’s gaze swept over James, taking in his tight, faded 501's, chaps, Harley boots, and slashed black sleeveless t-shirt. He backed off with a snooty glare.

“Thanks. And, James?”

“Yes, Vig?”

“I love you dearly, but when you promised me a night I would never forget, I was sort of hoping for some wild animal luvin’. Ya know what I mean? All these gorgeous guys are gay. The only reason they’re looking at me at all is because they think I’m in drag.” She dropped her face into her hands. “How utterly humiliating!”

“Now, Vigdis, don’t feel bad. There are lots of men who look as pretty as you in drag.”

Vigdis lifted her eyes to glare at him.

“Ouch!” James winced. “Sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. I meant you’re very pretty and…”

“Yes, James?” Vigdis asked, coldly.

“Maybe I better just shut up.”

“Good idea,” she grated out.

“Your boots are really very nice.”

“Thanks,” she returned wryly.

“No, really. I like them.”

“You should. You picked them out for me last month at that cute little leather shop down the street.”

“Cassy’s?”

“That’s the one.” Vigdis sighed and sat back up with a shrug. “If another guy hits on me, he better mean it. ’Cause if he isn’t at least bi, I’m slugging him.”

James laughed. “Sulk, sulk, sulk.”

“Oh! Go ahead. Laugh. Next month I’m dressing you up in drag and taking you to a lesbian leather bar. We’ll see how much you like it.

“Uh, Vig? You’re not a lesbian.”

“No? Well I’m not a gay man in drag either.”

“You’re really not taking this well.”

“James! We have been getting together at least once a month since college. We are 27 years old. Now maybe it doesn’t matter so much to you, but I’m ready to start looking for someone to settle down with. And I am not going to find him at at gay leather bar!”

“Point taken. I just thought you would like the change of pace. I mean we always go to the newest ‘anything goes’ club. And you’re always asking about what I do and where I go when you’re not with me…”

Vigdis blushed. James could tell even in the darkness of the club. “You’re right,” she confessed, shaking her head. “I am interminably curious and I badger you incessantly. I’m sorry. I should just play along and enjoy myself.” She smirked and a mischievous twinkle came into her eyes. “I mean, imagine if I do dance with some of these guys and one of them cops a feel?”

James burst out laughing at the thought. “Is this where I say, ‘You go girl’?”

Vigdis giggled uncontrollably. Finally catching her breath, she asked, “So what do you think the chances are? I mean, I just wish at least one of these gorgeous guys was at least bi!”

“Wish granted, luv,” came a voice as smooth as silk. Vigdis looked up into crystal blue eyes. James gasped. The blonde looking down at them was pure walking sex. And the big guy behind him was… amazing.

“Please,” Vigdis murmured, looking up at him through her eyelashes, “do join us.” She raised her head and finally saw Angelus. Dark eyes seemed to pierce right through her. “I’m Vigdis and he’s James. What are your names?”

“The giant, there, is Angelus and me… I’m called Spike,” he answered, slipping into the seat beside her.

“Spike, huh?” Her eyes traveled up and down his wiry muscles. “Wherever did you get a nickname like that?” she asked, trailing her fingers lightly across his chest.

“Maybe,” he told her with a wicked leer, “if you’re a very, very bad girl, I’ll show you.”

“Promise?” she leaned toward him, licking her lips. Spike grinned and kissed her hard and fast and then came back for slow and easy. “Mmmm…” Vigdis sighed.

“Variety is the spice of life.”

“So they tell me,” she grinned. “How do you feel about dancing?”

Spike returned her grin and offered her his hand. “Come on, pet. Let’s show these poufs how it’s done.”

She slid into his arms, with a backward glance over her shoulder at James. He smiled encouragingly and got down to the serious flirting with Angelus.

“Angelus. That’s an interesting name. I’ve never heard it before.”

“Rumor has it I have a face like an Angel. Apparently the idea stuck.”

“So, are you and Spike a couple or…”

“Let’s just say we… hunt… together.”

“Ooh. Sounds… primal.”

Angelus leaned in with a husky sigh, “You wouldn’t believe it.”

“Try me.”

“Oh, I intend to.”

“You think I’m what you’re looking for?”

“I think you look like you could satisfy my craving.”

“I’ll certainly try. You appear to be a man with a big appetite.”

“As they say in the fairytale,” Angelus leered, “all the better to eat you with.”

James grinned at him. “Shall we join our friends on the dance floor?”

“Certainly,” Angelus answered smoothly. “I can’t wait to feel you against me.”

“Well, then,” James stood and offered Angelus his hand, “what are we waiting for?”

*

“So,” Vigdis said happily, “are you both bi, or just you?” She was held tightly against Spike’s lean body, her head snuggled into his shoulder as they swayed to the music.

“Both of us, pet,” Spike answered easily. He was watching the expert way Angelus was flirting with James.

“So, what’s next?”

“Just consider this the appetizer, pet. The real meal comes later.”

She smiled contentedly, at that.

The beat of the music changed and they moved into a sensuous slide that looked like something out of Dirty Dancing™. Vigdis let herself go. She felt secure in those deceptively strong arms.

*
Angelus held James against him. Grinding, rubbing, sliding. James felt so small next to that massive chest. Angelus was more than a little overwhelming. Still, who in their right mind would pass up this chance to be with him? Even if it was only for one night…

James gave himself over to the music and the night and the man who held him.

Someone tried to cut in, but Angelus shoved him away lightly, sending him tumbling across the dance floor.

James never noticed.

He was so caught up in Angelus’ magnetism that the world around them seemed to disappear. All that remained were those dark eyes, that broad chest and that hard body pressed so tightly against him.

It could have been minutes or hours later when Angelus led him back toward the table.

*

Spike saw them leave the dance floor and guided Vigdis back to where her friend was standing with Angelus. She hugged James and whispered, “This was your best idea ever!”

A soft, sensual smile melted across Spike’s face and one slender hand reached out to her. “You two wanna go off somewhere more private with me and m’mate, here?”

She took Spike’s hand and murmured, “Uh-huh. You coming, James?”

James grinned. “I wouldn’t miss it.”

Angelus smiled as he slipped his arm around James’ waist and led them out to his car.

Spike and Vigdis made out in the back seat all the way to the hotel. James kept glancing wistfully back at them, until Spike pulled him over the seat into the back with them. Fortunately, they were at a stoplight. Spike pinned James against the car door and kissed him savagely. Vigdis watched, fascinated, until Angelus turned into the garage and parked. Then it was his turn. He pulled her out of the car and into his arms. His kiss was excruciatingly gently. When it ended, she was breathless. Spike and James were watching, eyes hot.

Angelus smiled softly at Spike and nudged Vigdis toward him. “Voluptuous, isn’t she?”

“She’s just what I wanted, Peaches. Just what I wanted.” He pulled her into his arms and kissed her thoroughly, her breasts pressed firmly against his hard chest.

James gasped at the erotic savagery of it.

When the kiss ended, Angelus led them up the to the lobby.

“Wow. This place is beautiful.” Vigdis glanced at the vacant desk and asked, “Where’s the staff?

“No staff, pet,” Spike answered casually. “The great Irish pouf over there owns the place.”

“Really? How nice. And you live here?” she continued. Vigdis was good at chatter.

James was looking around, trying not to be impressed.

Spike grinned at the girl. She was looking yummier by the minute. He wondered if his sire felt the same about the man.

Angelus’ arms slipped possessively around James from behind and pulled him close. He raised his eyes to meet Spike’s.

Taking the cue, Spike pulled Vigdis into his arms once more, his eyes never leaving his sire’s. He kissed her gently, leaving her breathless, once more, then he shifted into gameface.

James jumped, but Angelus’ arms were like steel bands holding him in place. He tried to shout a warning to Vigdis as Spike’s fangs flashed down slicing through her slender throat, but no sound came out. Then he felt Angelus’ fangs slice into his own throat… and he understood why Vigdis wasn’t struggling.

He felt himself relax into the vampire’s embrace. His knees were like putty. He found himself wondering why they had set aside their rule about never going home with strangers. Why it had never even crossed their minds.

And then he was gone.



Chapter 10

Angelus was awakened by a sharp pounding on the suite’s outer door. A glance at the clock told him that it was early afternoon. He could hear Cordelia shouting something about a vision. He turned to wake Spike, only to see cool blue eyes staring back at him.

“Do you think she knows?” Spike asked, softly.

“I doubt she’d be pounding the door down if she did. Still,” Angelus flashed a fanged smile, “better safe than dusty.”

“Oh, ha-bloody-ha. Don’t make jokes, Peaches. You just don’t have the knack.”

Angelus gave him a little growl. “Watch it or you may find yourself being tortured,” he grinned, pulling on silk pajama pants and tossing Spike the blue pair, to bring out his eyes.

“Promise?” Spike waggled his eyebrows. He tugged on the large silk pants. He pulled the drawstring at the waist to make a snug fit and then sighed heavily. They were way too long. He sat back on the bed and started rolling up the legs, while Angelus laughed and headed for the door.

He cautiously opened the door to a panicked Cordelia. “What’s wrong, Cordy?” he asked gently.

She looked around quickly, making sure Fred hadn’t come up behind her. Her words tumbled over each other when she spoke. “Fred’s in danger, Angel. I had a vision that she was turned. She was a vamp. Is Spike okay? Feeling better and all?” She tried to peek around and see for herself, but a huge hulking vampire was blocking the door.
“Geez, Angel, move it, would you? I wanna see him.” She lowered her voice - as if Spike couldn’t hear her. “He was so - well - broken, Friday night. I just want to see how he’s doing.”

“He’s doing much better.” Then he lowered his voice and hissed at her, “He is not, however, ready to face the world - much less you, Miss ‘Let’s Bang Down the Door and Scare Angel’s Poor Souled Childe Out of His Wits!’”

Cordelia blushed. “I am SO sorry. Spike?” she called, apology in her voice, “are you okay? I didn’t mean to - uh - startle you. I was just worried about Fred.”

Spike peeked hesitantly around the bedroom doorframe. His contrived reluctance was completely convincing. He had heard every word, of course. It was taking a great deal of concentration to keep from laughing. He stepped slowly into the sitting room and looked, shyly, at Cordelia through his eyelashes.

For a moment, he was stunned. He had never looked at her with an eye to turning before. She was magnificent. He could see why his sire was interested. ‘Best to take steps,’ he thought. ‘Can’t let anything come between us. Killin’ her is out of the question. He’d be enraged. Don’t wanna get staked. But if I turn her as a childe, she’ll be mine first. He’ll still have her, but through me. An’ if she tries to get between me an’ m’sire, I’ll be free to punish her.’ Sometimes the lore came in handy. ‘Now I just have to convince Angelus!’

He smiled, keeping it tentative, hesitant - wouldn’t want her to catch on - and said, “It’s okay, Cordelia. I know you didn’t mean to frighten me.” He was careful to keep a shy, gentle expression on his face. ‘Let her chew on that. The Big Bad would never admit to being frightened by anyone, let alone a slip of girl!’

Angelus was smiling his approval. William’s acting was just as enthralling as it had been all those years ago, when they preyed on the wealthy in the sitting rooms of Europe. Still, he knew what was going on in Spike’s head. He was afraid Cordelia would take his place in his sire’s affections. ‘Silly boy. He’s always been my favorite childe. That will never change. I ought to toy with him, a bit, for that idiocy. Let him wonder.’ While the idea was intriguing, he actually felt guilty for what he had put his boy through in Sunnydale, and Angelus hated feeling guilty. He had had more than his fill of it living with Liam’s soul. ‘So, I’ll make amends by giving my dear William an exquisite gift. One to match his lovely self… Cordelia.’

Angelus smiled graciously and walked back into the room, to put an arm around his ‘frightened’ childe, allowing her to enter. “So, Cordy, did you see who turned her? Who am I looking for?”

“No, I didn’t see who turned her, Angel. I would have said so if I had. I only saw her as a vamp,” she said, rolling her eyes as she entered the room. Her eyes were on Spike. ‘Lord, he’s beautiful,’ she thought. ‘He and Angel look good together! Oh, god! My mind did not just go there! So not!’

“I’m glad you’re feeling better, Spike.” She stopped as he cowered back, turning his face into his sire’s shoulder.

Angelus leaned down and whispered something in his ear and Spike looked up at him in shock.

“Really, Sire?” he whispered urgently.

“You have always been my favorite, Will. That will never change.”

If Spike could have blushed, he would have. His sire could read him so clearly. He would have to be careful.

A thought occurred to Cordy. Several at once, actually. Her eyes narrowed.

“I can see you guys are happy together, but not too happy, right?”

Angelus laughed, broad and friendly. After all, she would soon be his grandchilde. “No, Cordy. Not too happy. Just the right amount of happy. I have my childe back,” he smiled down at Spike.

“Good,” she said firmly, not quite assured. “So are you hungry? ’Cause I can go downstairs and get you some blood - save you the trip.”

“That’s okay, Cordelia,” Spike said softly, shyly. “We have enough for now.”

“O-kaaay,” she said hesitantly.

“Where did you put Fred?” Angelus asked, stroking Spike’s hair reassuringly.

“Oh, I sent her to her room. I figured, it’s practically a fortress, anyway, and I needed to talk to you alone. I didn’t tell her what I saw - only that I saw her in danger from a demon.”

“Good,” Angelus nodded approvingly. That would make it much easier to turn her. She wasn’t looking for it. “It would only frighten her unnecessarily.” Silently, he added, ‘And if she hides from me, I may not find her before she dies of old age. She’s just too damn good at it.’

Cordelia returned her attention to Spike. He was staring at her like she was something to be worshipped. She walked toward him slowly. he was just too submissive to be the Spike she knew. “So,” she said gently, “do I still call you Spike? Or do you prefer Will or William?”

He stepped away from Angelus, glanced up at him hesitantly in question, and smiled shyly at his nod of assurance. He turned his uncertain gaze back to Cordelia and closed the distance between them. She was smiling at him kindly, without fear.

He gently took her hands in his, moving them so that he was holding both of her hands in one of his while he petted them with the other. Then his grip turned to steel as he reached up to encircle her neck with his other hand and pull her to him.

He said, “You can call me Sire.”

Her eyes went wide with realization and she tried to pull away. It was hopeless, of course. She knew that. She had allowed him to get her into this position and now she would pay for it with her life. She expected to feel terror coursing through her, but she didn’t. Her last thoughts as his fangs sank into her throat, were more surprised than anything else.

‘Well, that didn’t hurt nearly as much as I expected. Damn… That feels good!’

*

Angelus made his way slowly down the hall to Fred’s room. Spike was getting Cordy comfortable in the room next to theirs. Sure, she was unconscious - or dead, as the case may be - but there’s tossed in a corner, dead, and there’s laid out on a nice comfy bed, dead.

Guess which one would put Queen C in a better mood…

Angelus tapped on Fred’s door. “Fred,” he called softly. “It’s me. Would you open the door, please?”

“Where’s Cordy?” she called through the door.

“She’s with Spike. I didn’t want to leave him alone.”

“Oh. Okay, then.” The door opened, just a crack, and she peeked out. “Do I have to come out?”

“Yeah. I think you’d better.”

She seemed to collapse a little. She was doing so much better since her parents came to visit, but she still had relapses. He smiled in encouragement. “Do you know, Spike thinks you’re kittenish? I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts calling you kitten.”

“Really?” Fred opened the door hesitantly. “Cuz I think I’d like that,” she admitted with a tentative smile.

“Good.” He held out his hand. “Come with me.”

“Okay,” she whispered, and placed her hand in his.

He led her back down the hall to his room.

“Where are Spike and Cordy?” she asked, worried.

“They’re in the next room. They wanted us to be able to talk privately.”

“About what?” Fred was really nervous now.

“About Cordy’s vision.”

“Oh, that,” she blushed.

“Yes, that,” Angelus said calmly. “Do you know what she saw?”

“She said I was in danger from a demon, but that’s all she said.”

Angelus nodded. “Don’t worry, Fred,” he said, pulling her gently into his arms. “I’ll protect you.”

“I know you will,” Fred smiled against his chest.

He eyes widened in shock as Angelus kissed her - a sweet gentle kiss, promising all things she was told he couldn’t give. She tried to pull away, but he held her tight.

“Fred!” he said intently. “Be still. It’s going to be alright.”

“It is?”

He looked into her eyes. “Yes, Fred. It is.”

She gasped as he shifted into gameface. She didn’t even have time to scream before his fangs were buried in her throat. Panic welled up inside her, but Angelus caressed her soothingly as he drank her blood. Finally, just as she was sure she was about to die, he turned her in his arms. Slicing through his own wrist, he placed it to her mouth, telling her to drink. His cool blood filled her mouth and she swallowed frantically. He murmured his approval, soft, against her ear, until she went limp in his arms.


end part 10