15: Dream A Little Dream of Me

Photobucket

Fandom: Supernatural

Category/Rated: NC-17 for violence/sexual content

Year/Length: 2008/~12,828 words

Pairing: Sam and Dean

Disclaimer: No profit was made off this. The characters belong the originators of Supernatural. Was all in pure fun.

Warning: Wincest

Summary: The boys return back to New Orleans

Series: Supernatural Virtual Slash Season 3

Beta: [info]ailurophile6 for which much thanks.

hr

The air was cool and the moon full. A light breeze rustled the leaves. Ashley's blonde hair stirred on her face, and she tucked it behind her ear as a blanket of fog moved around her. She looked around, thinking that this felt a lot like when she used to dream walk. Sam had taken that away. The wonderful night of sex with him - her first time - had stripped her power away and kept the demon from getting to her.

Since that time, she'd dreamed, of course, but her dreams had always been normal... til now. Now she felt eerily cold and more than a little scared. She's found herself walking down a dirt path, and she felt as if something was watching her. Following her. When she turned, she couldn't see anything, nor could she spy the shadow that moved behind her. She kept walking, wondering where this dream was going to take her.

She heard a noise and quickly turned. "Who's there?" she shouted out. More noise came from the brush to her right, and she turned again, panicky. "Who's there?" she called out again, and then there were red eyes. Ashley backed up, feeling a darkness wash over her. Fear gripped her, and as she moved she backed into something. She turned and screamed when she saw a wolf/dog like creature with red eyes.

hr

Ashley woke, screaming, to find herself in her bed. She looked about in panic and saw she was in her room. Safe. Was that just a nightmare? She got up, going over to her window as she heard thunder. Closing it, she stared out at the growing storm, watching as the sky grew more angry. She glanced back at her phone, tempted to call Sam, but it had been just a dream. Nothing more.

hr

Dean was rocking to the music blaring out of the Impala's speakers. It rocked cause the music was from the iPod Sam had got him for Christmas. They'd bought an adapter to play through his tape deck, and now it was loaded with all his favorite songs, which he'd proceded to play over and over and over again. It had already taken them through several states.

Dean reached over and smacked Sam on the chest, "Dude, this is perfect. New Orleans. Again! Spring break. Girls. Booze. Girls. Oh and for you, a hot little number. Mmm, she looks hot in a dress. Those legs." Dean shook his head. "Lucky you. You excited to see her?" He could see that the sky in front of them was dark. Looked like storms again. Hopefully it wouldn't be that way for the whole time they were there.

"You call her and let her know we're coming?" Dean glanced in the rear view mirror.

"Dude, not since you started to be a girl. I told her the other day that we were going to come see her, but then you were a girl, and it kinda went out of my mind." Sam flushed, wondering whether he should confess to Dean that he was as jealous as sin of any girls Dean might decide to hook up with. "You think I should?"

He turned to study his brother, who was reveling in having the control of his car back. He'd been gradually coming to terms with Sam's gift of an iPod, and was now at last finding that it had advantages over the cassette deck he'd steadfastly adhered to up til now. Watching Dean as he sang and bopped his way along the highway made him feel a twist of love sharp as pain curl through his middle.

"I could do with some sunshine, I tell you," he murmured, thoughtful. He reached under the seat for the last water bottle and twisted off the cap, chugging half and offering the second half to Dean. "Maybe a plate of that gumbo."

Dean took it, taking a drink, "Bubba's gumbo was the bomb. But as for sunshine, dude," he motioned out the front window, looks like we're going into a storm. Hopefully it will blow over quickly, but it's a good excuse for you to stay inside with a hot girl anyway." He smirked at Sam and tapped out a rhythm on the steering wheel. "I think we should surprise her. What do you think?"

"Works for me." Sam stared out of the window at the gathering clouds. It had been like this down through South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa and now Missouri, and Sam wondered idly if there was something demonic affecting the weather. "Dean," he murmured. "I want you," he said, simply. "Don't think you can just take off and go pick up slutty girls. You and me are a couple. Ash... she'll welcome you, if you want that. I know I do, but if I have to choose, I choose you; I always will, you know that."

Dean looked at Sam then back out the window. "Dude, we can't be a couple, we're brothers. And jeez. Don't you think it's a little unfair you can have a girl, and, well, I have to sit in the car and jack off?" He sighed, "Sam, I will always love you and wouldn't make you choose." Then the meaning of Sam's words dawned on him. "She would?"

"People don't have to know that we're brothers," said Sam, instantly on the defensive. "I mean we don't look alike, and we don't have to tell them." He gave Dean his best kicked puppy look. "And I'm going to ask her. She likes you, and she cares for us both. Whenever I've called her, she's said as much. I think she'd like to be a sandwich." He smirked. "And besides, it's Dean Winchester. She wouldn't turn down Dean Winchester, now, would she?"

"Well, no but who would," Dean let his ego get to him but then glanced at his brother. "So. We tell people we aren't brothers and live with the fact that there are people out there that know. Whatever." He answered. "You really think she would want a sandwich? Dude, you are such a pervert to think like that. I'm proud of you." He smirked.

"Like I said, I'm gonna ask her," said Sam, meeting Dean's smirk with guileless eyes. "Aren't many folks left that know us for brothers. Missouri, maybe, and Bobby and Ellen. They're the only ones that matter, aren't they? And two out of the three of them know about us." He reached to squeeze Dean's thigh. "I'm completely gone on you, man. There's no room for fucking around." Sam coughed self-consciously, aware that he was skating very close to the 'no chick flick moment' rule. "I'm hungry," he announced. "I want barbecue. Can we get barbecue?"

"You are so greedy," Dean shook his head. "BBQ it is." Dean slapped Sam's thigh in turn.

The Impala continue toward New Orleans, and, after a few more hours of driving, Dean could see the city on the horizon. The lights were on. The city was alive, and after Katrina it was still a strange but pleasant sight to see. The black car weaved down the streets, and the brothers took in the sights. People walked the streets, coming in and out of bars, stores, event centers. All sorts of people had returned to make the city live again.

The Impala made a turn and soon they could see the building where Ashley lived. "There we are."

There was a fluttering in Sam's belly as they approached the building. Sam truly meant what he'd said to Dean, that he would ask Ashley to welcome his brother in, but he was terrified that he was going to lose Dean before he'd had a chance to do so, and he already felt venomous rage for whatever unfortunate woman Dean's fancy might alight on if things didn't go the way he hoped. "Ready for food, man?" he asked his brother, trying for a pleasant tone and hoping Dean couldn't see how much turmoil he was going through.

Dean looked at the building then finally climbed out of the car, locking it as he closed the door. He followed Sam. "Dude, just lay down the charm." He chuckled. "And don't be so tense. I'm not gonna bail on you at the first ass that shakes my way." He followed Sam up the steps, "Well unless it's yours." He pinched Sam's ass and chuckled as his brother jumped and threw him a look. Bounding up the rest of the stairs, Dean found himself at Ashley's door. He waited for Sam to knock, but it seemed that his brother was too busy drawing a nervous breath, so Dean banged on the door.

Ashley wiped her hands. She'd been cooking shrimp gumbo, and the sound of knocking made her jump. She moved over to open the door, and as she opened the door, the smell assaulted the two brothers immediately. "Sam!? Dean!?" She looked at them both and blinked. Leaning out to looked out behind them, she smiled and pulled them both inside. "It's so good to see you." She hugged Sam then turned to hug Dean. He was no longer there; he'd already found the kitchen.

"Is this gumbo?" He asked, inhaling the fragrance.

"Well, I guess he must be hungry." She laughed.

Laughing, Sam caught Ashley up and swung her around. "We made it!" he said, grinning down at her. "He chose to live, and we're bound together now." He bent to kiss her gently as he set her back on her feet, then looked past her to where Dean was standing in the kitchen. "Were you expecting visitors, baby? I hope we aren't intruding. He'll eat you out of house and home if you let him. Think we should take you out to dinner and save your food?"

Ashley let out a laugh as she was twirled, kissed Sam back, and then turned to peer at Dean. "No, no visitors. Just cooking for next week. You know, left overs." She turned in Sam's arms. "I don't mind if he does. If you both do. I'm just happy you are here. Why didn't you call?"

"Was Sam's idea. Wanted to surprise you," Dean was dumping a spoon into the pot to take a bite.

"Well I'm kinda glad that you did," She smiled, looking from one to the other and then put her hands on her hips. "You know what? If you set the table we can have some. I also have cookies." She walked over to the cookie jar to show them.

"Oh, she's got your number right there, Dean." Sam moved to find cutlery and began to sort knives and forks, passing them to Dean to put on the table. "Once we're sitting down, we can tell you all the stuff that we've done." Sam gave here a gleeful smile. "I did it, Ash; I managed to find a way to keep the hell-hounds from hurting him." They might come, but he's safe from them for now, and I'll find a way someday to break him free of that stupid pledge."

Dean gave Sam a glare that told him, 'No, she doesn't. Nobody has my number!' He grabbed the utensils from his brother's hand and grumbled as went to set the table.

Ashley looked at Sam as he said hell-hounds. She swallowed hard, thinking about her dream, but then shook it off, "Well, I always knew you would, Sam. I had faith even if you two didn't. You do know for every question out there, there's an answer. It's just finding it that's hard. But your determination on finding it is important, and I could tell from how determined you were that you'd find it."

"You've got no idea how much you helped." Sam had found some glasses, and was setting them on the table. "I found the whole blueprint for how to get the crystal after you told me about the Alamo." He shook his head, realizing that she had no real idea what steps they'd taken. "We have to tell you all about it. Did you know that Dean was a girl? We'd have been here earlier if we hadn't had to stop and look for a way of changing him back again." Sam grinned and winked at his brother. "He was really cute, but really short too. He couldn't drive the Impala while he was... uh... female."

Ashley looked at Dean, then back to Sam. "He was a girl?" She poured the gumbo into a large bowl to bring to the table. "That's interesting. Don't see how it would possible, but then I guess a lot of what you two do sounds impossible." She set the bowl down and took her seat at the table. "I bet it was heartbreaking for you not to drive your car, Dean."

"You don't know the half of it. Sam here gloated the whole time," Dean grumbled as he sat down.

"I did!" Sam smirked, unrepentant. "He had such a cute scowl, I couldn't resist." He drew the phone from his pocket and began to show her the photographs of Dean in his female body. "She was pretty though, wasn't she?" He looked over at Dean and poked out his tongue. "It;'s okay, bro, I still love you, even though you've got a rugged chin and bow legs."

"You took pictures?!" Dean tried to grab the phone but Ashley and Sam prevented him.

"Aww he was cute. I'm jealous. Look at those curls. I have to work hard to get mine while he had it naturally." She smirked over at Dean, "Oh stop pouting!" Leaning over, she kissed his cheek, then reached to serve them each a hot bowl of gumbo. "I think you look much better this way, Dean, and I know for a fact Sam likes you better this way too." She smiled at Sam.

"I like me better this way too," Dean answered as he started digging into his gumbo.

As they ate, the two brothers brought her up to speed on some of the things they had done since they'd last seen her. Sam was in the middle of a description of their escapade at the top of Mount Rushmore, when he started to picture his brother and Ashley together, and suddenly found himself dry mouthed and speechless as a flood of arousal hit him. The other two looked at him, puzzled by his sudden silence, and he wriggled uncomfortably in his seat.

"Sorry," he said. "I just remembered something I have to do." He finished his story and turned to the girl sitting next to him. "So have you had any more bad dreams? Any more dream demons come to try and make your life a misery?"

Ashley looked at Sam as if she was a child caught with her hand in the cookie jar. She felt her mouth get dry, and she had to swallow then lick her lips before shaking her head. A little lie, 'cause she didn't think her dream was anything important, "No, no dream demons." She turned back to her soup to finish it off. "So how long are you in town for?"

"Week or so, depends," Dean answered, finishing off his second bowl.

"I think we're taking a break for a few days. We've got as far as we can. Now we have to find out if what we've done is enough." Sam reached for Dean's hand, suddenly needing to feel contact with his brother. "I tell you, if it doesn't work, and Dean's taken, I'm going with him. There's no way that I can give him up - not after everything we've been through." He shivered, feeling a sudden chill run through him. "He and I are joined now. We're together in every way, and we will be for as long as we've got these." Reaching up, he pulled open the neck of his shirt to display the tattoo that matched the one lying over Dean's heart. "This is what the crystals became when we made our vows."

Ashley reached out and touched it, "Never figured you for the tattoo type." As her finger traced over it, she heard a noise from Dean. She glanced over as he rubbed his chest. "Wow, you really are connected." She looked at Sam then grinned mischievously. She leaned in and used her tongue to trace over it.

Dean shivered in his seat then looked up at them. "Stop that!"

She giggled then licked it again before giving it a nip just to see Dean jump.

There was a moment's silence, and then Sam growled, reached up to grab her hands and imprisoned her against him. "That was a diabolical liberty! Dean, you might want to get your own back, once you're done eating," he said, snorting with laughter. "I'll hold her down if you want to blow raspberries on her."

Smirking up at his brother, he tugged on her tank top, pulling it up to reveal her tummy. "There ya go. All yours."

Ashley let out a scream as Dean dropped his spoon and grabbed her legs, pinning her, so he could lean in and blow on her. She let out a louder scream, "STOP!" She laughed. "He started it."

"Oh no, you can't just blame him!" Dean blew again as she screamed and kicked.

"Hey! It wasn't me that started teasing him," snorted Sam, dropping a kiss on the top of her head. "Besides, he's having fun, watch!" Dean was laughing as he tickled her, and Sam felt his heart thump as he watched. His brother seemed to be thawing out from the long freeze he'd been in. Sam would give anything to see him stay this way, happy and warm in his company. Letting go of one of Ashley's hands, he reached deliberately for Dean and pulled him close to kiss. He didn't make it a long kiss, or a very deep one, but it was enough to show both his companions just how he felt about Dean."

It was the first time that Ashley had seen them kiss. She had known of the attraction but to actually see it was something different, something special and wonderful that Sam was including her in. Plus it was hot.

Dean was taken off guard, so when Sam kissed him he was a bit shocked. Especially as he'd done it in front of Ashley. He cleared his throat. "I'll, clean up the table." Getting up, he ruffled Sam's hair. "You can get the desert ready."

"Milk and cookies!" Ashley pulled her shirt down and turned to Sam, leaning in to whisper in his ear. "I knew things would work out for you." She caressed his chest then kissed him gently. "You get the milk, I'll get the cookies, and we can eat them on the couch."

Blushing red, Sam gave Ashley a smile. "Yeah, you could say they've worked out for us," he murmured. "It's taken a long time for us to get where we are now, and I'm so happy I can't even start to tell you." He had taken the three glasses from the table and was pouring milk from the jug he'd found in her fridge as he spoke. Taking a deep breath, he turned to face her, setting the jug down as he spoke. "I don't know how you feel about... about sharing. Tell me what you want. I'm trying to make him happy. He hasn't had much happiness in his life before now."

He was afraid of her answer, afraid of what she might decide, and he didn't dare to meet her gaze. Screwing the cap back onto the milk jug, he replaced it in the fridge and then began to carry the glasses into the living room.

Ashley reached out, stopping Sam. "Sam, I knew the moment I dreamed about you how this would be. I want you both to be happy, and as for the sharing part, it's you that should be asking if you can share." She let go of his arm to take up the tray of cookies and saw that Dean was already on the couch. He looked so tired. She walked over and sat down on one side of him.

Dean reached over with a smile and took a cookie, moaning as he and started munching. "Oh man, these are good." He handed one over to Sam. "Dude, she makes some awesome cookies."

"It's not her only talent, either," said Sam, setting the glasses down on the coffee table and taking his seat next to her. "That gumbo was pretty spectacular too, and I happen to know that she can dance a mean funky chicken."

He picked up his glass of milk and sipped, thinking for a moment, and then he leaned back against the couch, stretching his arm around Ashley's shoulders and across so that he could caress the back of Dean's neck. "This is awesome," he murmured. "Don't think I need anything else at all." Turning, he bent to kiss Ashley's cheek, nuzzling into her neck.

Dean glanced over, watching Sam nuzzle, feeling wistful as Ashley closed her eyes and leaned into him. He wasn't jealous so much as envious of Sam. He turned back, taking another bite. He felt a tingle upon his chest and lost no time in looking over to notice Ashley's fingers as they accidentally brushed Sam's tattoo. He sighed. This was gonna be a long night.

Ashley turned her head to Dean before reaching over and pulling him closer. "You know I missed you both and I'm glad you are here."

Mentally willing Dean to kiss her, Sam watched the two of them, feeling his heart warm as he saw Ashley make a move. He wanted to watch Dean with her, wanted to see what women saw when he bent his attention on them, and wanted to be able to join in and feel loved.

He sat forward too, reached for a cookie and turned to watch them both. Dean was scratching his head the way he always did when he got nervous, and Sam wanted to take him in his arms and reassure him, but on the other hand, he wanted to reassure Ashley too. He fed her a bite of his cookie and then turned himself so that he could lift Ashley, dumping her across Dean's thighs as he supported her back against his chest. "There. How's that?"

Dean raised his arms and rested them on Ashley's legs. He sipped his milk and then set it down. He knew Sam was trying. He loved him for, it but if anything was to work they all had to be in agreement. As he was thinking that, he felt Ashley move.

Ashley looked back at Sam, reaching up to caress his neck and run her fingers up into his hair. "I missed you, Sam." She whispered. She then looked at Dean and pulled him over by the collar of his shirt, making him lean against her.

"Huh? What?" He looked at her.

"Don't be scared of me, Dean," She told him.

"What? Me? Scared of a girl, nah," He gave her his most scathing look.

"Okay," She ran her fingers through his hair, around his ear and down over his chest, caressing the tattoo there. "If you say so." She wiggled a little then looked back at Sam once more. "I think I should break the ice." She leaned forward, pulling Dean to her.

"Sweetheart, really I'm ..." His words were cut off as her mouth covered his in a kiss and Dean closed his eyes to return it. Instantly his heart started racing and his body warmed up.

Watching Dean relax against Ashley and slowly clasp her to him, Sam felt his body tingle in response. He couldn't take his eyes off them. Reaching to run his fingers through Ashley's hair, he settled back against the arm of the couch, swinging his legs around a little so that he supported her as Dean laid her back against him. "Yeah," he breathed. "That's what I want. Both of you together with me. Don't want to have to choose."

Dean pressed Ashley back into Sam, sprawling over them both as Sam shifted. His hand moved along her slender leg and over Sam's as well as he caressed. Just kissing her, he could see why Sam liked her so much. She was a great kisser, working with him and against him at the same time. She was heating him up and just knowing his brother was hard under her because of this revved him up even more.

Ashley wrapped a leg around Dean, pressing him closer against her. She yielded a little more before breaking the kiss. "Wouldn't do that to either of you." Tilting her head back to Sam, she pulled him down to her to kiss. Her tongue tangled with his, working her mouth against him. "We should... should go to the bedroom," she breathed against Sam's lips.

"The bedroom, yeah," whispered Sam, rising to his feet and scooping her up in his arms. "I think you're right. We really should go there." He bent to capture Dean's mouth and jerked his head as if to say, 'follow me.' Turning, he carried his giggling armful through into the bedroom and set her down on the covers, then turned to see if his brother was following him.

He bent his head to nibble Ashley's lower lip. "Thank you," he breathed.

Ashley pulled Sam down and kissed him, "The pleasure will be ours." She pushed him back as Dean appeared in the doorway looking insecure. She could feel Sam's arousal, but she could see Dean's.

Dean came closer, looking about before he crossed over, "You guys ..." He was cut off as Ashley used her leg to hook between his and tugged him closer.

"Yes, we're sure." She pulled him down by his shirt. "Now kiss Sam," she half ordered.

Dean stretched out beside her, thought for a second, then leaned over her to kiss Sam while his hand slid along her leg, caressing it, feeling soft skin.

"Whoa! She's bossy, listen to her giving orders," laughed Sam, lolling back against the pillows as Dean pressed his mouth to him. He could feel Dean's lips on his, and Ashley's body snuggled against his side and wondered if this wasn't just too wonderful to last. Shrugging mentally, he vowed to enjoy it for as long as it might last. Dean's lips were nibbling along his own, and Ashley's hand was sliding up under his T-shirt to find and tweak his nipples. He moaned, sliding his hand along Dean's jaw and around to caress the back of his neck as his tongue slid out to taste him. "Okay, baby, what do you want us to do next?" he murmured to Ashley as the kiss came to an end.

Ashley ran her hand over Sam's chest, feeling every strong muscle. She remembered how he'd felt just like yesterday and had longed to feel it again. Now it was actually happening, and his brother behind her was a bonus. Dean was touching her too, his hand caressing along her legs and over her belly, making her squirm. She could feel the heat rising all around them as their breath began to labor. Leaning up, she captured Sam's lips and kissed him, running her mouth along his jaw to his ear to bite his lobe. "Undress."

Pushing Sam's t-shirt up, she managed to shove it off, taking his button down shirt with it. Dean helped, anticipating what was to come next. He pulled the material up over Sam's head and tossed it aside. "There's my boy," Dean whispered. He jumped a little as Ashley turned to yank his shirt off as well, pulling it off, then over his head with his tee shirt.

Ashley gave a little sound as she caught sight of Dean's body. Quickly leaning in, she kissed his tattoo, licking along it and up to his neck before capturing his lips with hers. Her hand moved down to his jeans, rubbing over his cock and squeezing just to feel his hips jump. A little sound escaped him as she turned and did the same to Sam. She licked her lips and smiled. "Get your pants off. Want to taste you both."

Hands shaking so badly that he wasn't sure if he could actually comply, Sam began to fumble at the button holding them closed. He could see Dean's hands slide down to his own groin to pop his belt buckle and then flip the button open. Sam had to admire Dean's apparent calm. He wasn't feeling calm at all, because this was too important to fuck up. If he wanted to keep his brother by his side, and he did want that - in fact it was more important to him than pretty much anything in his life - then he needed Dean to know that this wasn't just a one-of deal, and more, that he wasn't just blowing smoke. Dean was the most important piece of Sam's universe, and he felt incredibly touched by Ashley's realization of that fact.

He managed to get his jeans open at last and began to shove them down, kicking them off at last to sail off the bed and land somewhere. He really didn't care where. He turned to kiss Ashley's lips, flicking his tongue over hers before drawing away to see Dean, naked now and proudly erect. "Check that out, Ash. Isn't he the hottest thing you ever saw?"

Dean finally got his pants off, and, when he turned his head, he saw the other two kissing. He watched as her plush lips covered Sam's and their tongues danced. Damn but Sam was a great kisser. He always had been. When Sam kissed someone, each time it felt as if his life depended on it, and that they were the only person that existed for him. It was hot. Dean could feel his own body steadily becoming more aroused as their gaze turned to him.

Taking in Dean, Ashley noted the way the tattoo stood out on his tanned body. She could see that Dean's muscles were not as sharply defined as Sam's but were still clearly visible. She reached out to run her hand over his chest then brushed her fingers along his cock. She felt it twitch, and it made her smile. Crawling up to her knees, she ran her hands over both brothers, fingers exploring as she started stroking them.

Dean moaned, closing his eyes as he turned his head, grabbing Sam and kissing him.

And for that moment Sam felt blessed, parting his lips beneath Dean's, tasting his brother, feeling the love they shared as though it were a tangible thing. Ashley's hand on him seemed to connect him to Dean, and he could almost, almost feel Dean's thoughts, could hear something in his mind and not quite get a hold of the words, save for, 'Sammy, oh, Sammy'. He reached for Ashley, tugged her hand until she was closer and slid his fingers under her shirt, pressing it up until she raised her arms and allowed her to remove it. Twining his fingers into Dean's. he brought them up so that they could unfasten her bra and push it down off her shoulders, and then he pulled her close, rolling so that she was between them and pushing Dean's face close to hers so that they could kiss.

Sitting up, he began to unfasten her skirt.pressing it down over her hips, gathering her panties as he shoved it down and off to lay her naked. "There," he murmured at last. "That's better."

Dean kissed her hard as Sam got her further undressed. His hand cupped her breast, teasing her nipple 'til it was hard. She had let out a little sound as he pressed her back, kissing down her neck til his tongue was teasing that nipple. A sudden idea came to him, and Dean pulled away, pushing Sam down. He rolled Ashley over, pulling her knees up as she was bent.

Ashley immediately curled her fingers around Sam's cock stroking it before her lips followed, running along the sides and swirling her tongue around him as she took him into her mouth. Then she felt Dean's mouth on her, and she whimpered.

Suckling at her breast, fingers playing along her throat, Sam watched his brother bend to start licking between her legs. He lifted his head for a moment to smile at Dean. "That's it. That's how you do it."

He rolled to find his pants and pull out a pack of condoms from his wallet. Crawling down the bed, he began to roll one of the condoms onto Dean and bent to kiss his cock. "There you are, dude," he murmured, sitting back. Turning back to Ashley, he lay down again and began to nibble along her neck and around to find her lips.

Ashley made little keening sounds as Dean licked and sucked at her, fucking her with his tongue. She missed Sam's cock in her mouth as he pulled away to dress Dean's cock, but when he returned, her lips covered his, hungrily. Caressing Sam, she took one of the condoms into her hand, reserving it and then dipped her head down to lick at Sam's balls.

Dean ran his hand over her body. He watched as Ashley took Sam's cock into her mouth before leaning over to kiss his brother. His cock was rubbing between her legs as he moved, and as he ravished his brother's mouth, Sam could taste her on his lips.

"Go on, dude. I know you want to." Sam gave a little moan as Ashley ran her tongue over the head of his cock. He reached for Dean's hard length and slid it between her legs, finding her opening so that he could press his brother inside her. "Do it. I want to see." He gave a breathless laugh. "You fuck her, and I'll fuck you. See how that feels, when your dick is driving deep and your ass is full of me." He reached to run his fingers through Ashley's hair as he was speaking.

He was looking around for something he could use as lube, and finally reached for a bottle of skin cream, coating his fingers with it and sliding his hand down between Dean's ass cheeks. "Ready?" he asked. "We're all gonna feel good."

Gripping Ashley's hips tightly, Dean felt himself pushed deep into her. His body pressed her down till she was nearly lying upon her stomach with her ass still up in the air. She looked back at him, a naughty smile on her face. "Don't hold back, Dean, either of you." Moaning, she curled her fingers into the bedding, and Dean reached for her hand, pulling the condom away. Sam wouldn't need it.

Dean reached out and kissed his brother, long and wet and sloppy. "You already do." He had to wonder if this was all just a dream, it was happening so fast. He looked down as he felt Ashley's muscles squeeze him, letting out a moan and rocking a little. "Be patient, wait till he is ready."

There was no room for speech. Sam was desperate now. He pressed into Dean's ass, one finger, two and then another, in and out, twisting and twining as he watched his brother slide easily in and out of Ashley. "God, Dean, got to..."

He could stand it no more. With a little sound that might have been a sob, he moved around and pressed inside Dean, gasping as he felt the heat enclose him. "Give me a minute more," he whispered. "I'm on a short fuse."

He licked a line along Dean's spine, then reached around him to cup Ashley's breast and laid his cheek against Dean's back. "Okay," he murmured. "I'm ready now." Drawing out as far as dared, he drove into Dean again.

Dean had let out a hiss, pain for only just a moment before he was awash with warmth. He really started to move inside Ashley, pushing her more into the bed as he drove in and then back against his brother. It was hard to know what he wanted, to be deep inside soft silk walls or against his brother's hardened body. He let out a growl, deep in his chest, turning to capture his brother's lips and then back to kiss her breathless.

The sounds his lovers were making, the sight of them sweating beneath him were making Sam crazy. He tried to go slow, to draw it out for Dean and make this the best fuck he'd ever had, but he was beginning to fear that it was too much for him. His body seemed to have a will of its own, and he couldn't stop himself fucking in deep, pulling back and going again, harder and faster until both Dean and Ashley were grunting beneath him, moaning and gasping.

"Love you," Sam whimpered, not sure who he was talking to, thinking it might actually be the whole world. "Never let you go. Feel so good."

Dean grunted with each stroke his brother gave him, and Ashley echoed it. With a twist of bodies, they were all suddenly on their sides. Dean held Ashley to him, bucking into her, bucking back to his brother. He let out a stream of curses under his breath. God! He felt like he was going to explode.

Ashley laid back against Dean, her head and lips near his, working over the areas she could reach as he cupped her breast.

Sam was wrapped around them both as far as he could go. He could feel every flex of Dean's hips, every shuddering thrust into Ashley, and he felt as if he were in heaven. He pressed his lips to Dean's back and concentrated on holding on for as long as he could, despite the growing need to go wild and let himself come. He kept on murmuring broken endearments, "So good... so beautiful... don't ever leave me... love you... love you so much," and wasn't even sure himself which of them he was talking to.

He felt Dean's hand skitter over the sweat-slicked skin of his thigh and that was enough. He had to move, and he did, fierce and hard, fucking into Dean on each of his brother's back strokes. "Gonna come," he finally gritted out, when he was wound as tight as it was possible to go.

Dean nodded, "Do it, Sammy." He swore again under his breath, gripping Ashley closer. He buried his face in her hair, rocking harder til he knew Sam was almost there, he was ready, and he knew she was as well.

She was the first to cry out, releasing over Dean, drawing his own climax out of him. He pushed back into Sam, needing him to follow as well. With sweat dripping from him, Dean continued to hold Ashley against him but turned his head back to Sam.

Sam always loved the sounds that Dean made when he came. He could hear them now, and there were breathy little cries from Ashley too. He let his control lapse and felt his excitement suddenly mount until he had no choice. Desperate, he let his body have its way, and shot his load into Dean, teeth biting down on his brother's shoulder as he rode the waves of bliss that pulsed through him.

When he was done, he flopped onto his back with a groan. "That was fucking intense," he growled.

Feeling empty as Sam pulled out of him, he pulled out of Ashley in his turn. He turned her over and pulled her to lie across him so she could touch Sam as well, resting his hand on her ass so her upper body was sprawled upon Sam's chest. She lifted her head to Sam, fingers mapping his sweaty chest. She looked over at Dean, feeling incredibly relaxed and filled. "God, you guys are..."

"Yeah, I know, amazing," Dean smirked, as he caressed her ass.

Body still tingling, Sam was purring, every inch of his large frame relaxed to such an extent he felt as if he were melting into a puddle. Tomorrow he'd worry about demons, and the coming war, and maybe what the hell-hounds would do to Dean when they couldn't take him, but for now he could have this, his pretty lady and his beloved brother, and not be terrified, because for once in his life he was not over-thinking. He lay, arms around the two of them, hand idly stroking, too blissed out to do anything other than grin. "You guys have corrupted me," he said at length. "Will you respect me in the morning?"

"Yes," Ashley answered.

"Hell no," Dean answered. "But then again when did I ever respect you?"

"That's mean," Ashley looked disapprovingly at the older brother.

"Yeah, and he is my brother," Dean smacked her ass.

"Hey!" Sam looked over at his smirking brother. "Don't you go smacking her butt. That's my job."

With that, he raised one large paw and brought it down smartly on Ashley's plush cheeks. "Wow. Feels good."

He pulled the pretty blonde in for a lingering kiss. "He never respected me to begin with. Don't worry about it. I'm used to it. Guess it's because he used to change my diapers for me."

"We should get cleaned up and into bed," Ashley mouthed against Sam's lips.

"Good idea," Dean answered. He gently pushed Ashley off him and rolled out of the bed, going to the bathroom.

Ashley kissed Sam one more time before climbing off in turn and reaching to pull Sam with her.

"Hey, baby, how do you feel?" Sam turned her around, looking down at her with questions in his eyes. "About Dean, I mean. He's... he's my love, but I wanted you to love him too. Tell me now if he isn't... I mean, if you don't want him in your life."

Ashley looked up at Sam and smiled pulling him down, "Sam, I love you, and to love you is to love Dean as well. Besides, you're both handsome. And he's pretty much your opposite, which is wonderful in it's own way as well."

"Stop pressuring her, Sam, and let her get to know me," Dean reached out from the shower and pulled them both in. He tugged her against him, trapping her between himself and Sam.

Following them in, Sam could only give his big brother a tentative smile and go with the flow. "It's a good thing that you have plenty of hot water, baby," he said with a grin. "There's a lot of skin to wash." He reached around Dean and grabbed the soap, drawing it down her skin and starting to soap her up. "And I am going to make sure that all your most important places get a good wash." He chuckled and bent to kiss her.

Ashley gave a giggle as she leaned back into the tile between them and raised her arms over her head, "Not gonna stop you baby."

Dean grabbed for the sponge and started soaping it up, washing his brother as he was washing Ashley. He whispered into Sam's ear, "It's gonna be good Sam," and kissed his brothers ear as his hands ran over him.

"It already is, dude." Sam gave him a wide smile. "And it's going to be better." He soaped along Ashley's back, sliding the bubbles down over the swell of her buttocks. "If only things could stay like this forever. Forget all the demon shit and just be happy, it'd be so nice."

He dabbed some of the soap onto the end of Dean's nose and smirked at him. "This is the cleanest you've been for a long time, dude," he said.

"You're one to talk," Dean chuckled.

Ashley in turn, tried to wash the pair of them. Bodies moved and slid against each other. Lips kissed, hands caressed, legs tangled. The water danced around them, bubbles spilled and slipped on wet skin. It was a while, before the three of them climbed out. Drying off, they climbed into bed. Ashley was in the middle, Dean at her back and sprawled very happily on his side. His eyes already closed.

"I'll make you both breakfast in the morning," Ashley murmured, laying her head against Sam.

Dean was mentally planning that he'd be up first so he could make the two of them breakfast. For once, things were going well. No monster to chase. No demon nipping at their hells. Yes, things were finally looking up for the Winchester boys.

The bed was as soft as he remembered, and Sam lay with his arm across both Ashley and Dean. He was warm, and sated, his body contented and his mind for once at peace. He usually found it difficult to drift off to sleep, but this time he had no trouble. After a few moments, he was asleep, breathing slow and deep.

hr

A mist swirled in the air, a breeze moved the water droplets, causing Ashley's nightgown to cling to her. She turned about as she walked the empty street. Barefooted, her feet made noises against the wet pavement. They seemed to be the only sounds. Not a bug was heard. Not a bird. Nothing. She looked about herself, frantically searching for any kind of life.

The City looked nearly as it had after Katrina. Not a soul in sight. No lights on. The street lights were out. The store-front lights were out. Everything was dead. A chill washed over her. She wrapped her arms around herself. "Sam?" she called out. "Dean?" But there was no reply. She padded further till she heard a trash can lid fall. She jumped, but instead of running away she walked towards it.

"Sam?" She called out again, but she stopped when she heard a low growl. Within the dark alley, a pair of red glowing eyes appeared. Ashley felt her own eyes go wide with fear as a darkness washed over her. The shadow from the alley started to reach out to her. Tentacles crept across the ground, reaching after her even as she backed up. Another growl emerged from the alley. The red eyes moved closer.

"He's mine," a voice danced upon the rain, dripping with an eeriness that gripped the young woman with fear. "I won't give him up that easily."

Suddenly the hell-hound leapt out, lunging at her as the tentacles of darkness wrapped around her legs and arms holding her in place. She let out a scream.

hr

Sam didn't know how much time had passed when the sound of screaming woke him.

Dean jerked awake at the scream, and reached for the struggling woman between them. "Ash?" He grabbed for her as she cried out, batting at him.

"NO! LET ME GO!" she jerked awake, her eyes wide and huge. Her breathing had hiked up to a fearful pace. Her heart thumped hard against her chest, and fear sweat beaded her body.

"Baby, what happened?" Sam had sat bolt upright, his own heart pounding at the sudden awakening. He turned to see her, sweat-sheened and panic-stricken. "Talk to me. Tell me what's wrong?" he reached to hold her and realized that she wasn't properly conscious. "It's okay, baby, you're with us. Nothing will happen to you while we're here. We'll protect you. Talk to me, please."

Ashley jerked her head around to find Sam, then back to Dean before sagging against Sam's body. It had been a dream, but so real. So very frightfully real. She grabbed Dean's hand, her own trembling. "I had a bad dream. It just seemed like a true one, even though I'm not able to do that any more."

"What kind of dream?" Dean asked, feeling her hand tremble.

"There were these things, in the darkness, reaching for me," She watched Sam, not noticing Dean looking down at her legs. The last time he'd seen marks on her had been because of her dream walking. "I heard growling and a voice said ..." She stopped, biting her lips, "That they wouldn't give him up so easily," the last part coming out small.

Sam drew in a sharp breath. "What did you see?" he asked. "What was it that said that? Did you find out?" He felt an icy chill in the pit of his stomach as he met his brother's eyes. "They can try, but Dean's mine, and there's no way he's going down. I'm going to make sure of that." He slid his arm around her shoulder. "Do you think it was just a dream, baby, or was it... something more sinister?"

Ashley jumped when she felt Dean's hand touch her leg, gently caressing or so she thought till she looked down and saw the bruises from where the tentacles grabbed her.

"Don't think it was just a dream, Sam," Dean commented. "Ash, are you dream walking?"

"I ... I don't ..." She looked to Sam then back to Dean. "It felt like I was." She sighed heavily. "I saw red glowing eyes. Like a dog."

"Hell hound," Dean threw back the covers, grabbing his jeans and pulling them on, "You two stay here, I'm gonna go get the salt."

"Makes sense that they'd try for you." Sam nodded. "They ain't gonna get you, dude. I promise you that."

He turned to Ashley. "I thought that you couldn't do it any more. You've somehow got your abilities back. How do you feel about that?" He pulled her to him and settled her onto his lap. "We need to work out how to protect you from things like this. The world seems to be full of scary stuff lately, and I'm getting tired of it."

Dean returned with his canister of salt and began to lay it down over the threshold and across the window sills. Sam nodded approvingly, then turned back to her.

"We should go back and see that voodoo lady, see if there's anything she can do that'll protect you from the black stuff that's attacking you in dreams."

Ashley clung to Sam, watching as Dean was laying down the lines. "They won't stop, and they don't care who they go through to get him." She only said it loud enough for Sam to hear. She looked anxiously up at him and clung tightly to him as Dean returned.

"Okay, lines are down, lets look at those bruises." Dean began checking her legs over.

"Anything really worrying?" Sam was terrified, but he was trying his best not to show it. He'd protect Dean with his life if he had to, but his mom had told him that Dean would be safe, and he believed her. He was afraid for Ashley, and he was scared to death about the ramifications of the bond he had with his brother through the crystals, but the one thing he wasn't going to do was give Dean up. He'd give himself up first.

He smiled reassuringly at Ashley and then sat forward to look at the painful bruises on Ashley's legs. "That looks nasty," he murmured. "Want us to kiss them better?"

Dean shook his head in response to Sam's question. He really didn't like that something could reach out in dreams and affect her this way. Or anyone else for that matter. He looked up at the pair of them, his face shuttered, the tattoo upon his chest showing bright against his bare chest.

Ashley leaned against Sam. She didn't know what to do. How to stop her dreams. "I'll be okay," she whispered. "Can you make me some tea?" She asked.

Nodding, Sam let her go and climbed out of bed, heading for the kitchen to heat up some water. He'd shared a dream with Ashley once, but he didn't know if he'd be able to do so again, and he was afraid that she would come to harm because of his ignorance.

He made tea and took it back into the bedroom, settling down beside her and holding out the mug. "You think that voodoo mambo will be able to help you, love?" he asked her. "I'm scared that they'll be able to damage you in your dreams somehow. Remember, she helped us share a dream before. Maybe she'll do it again if we ask her."

Ashley shook her head, "A few months after you left, she vanished, moved I guess. No one had seen or heard from her after that."

Dean frowned. "Okay, so that blows that idea." He scratched his head then sat back after covering Ashley up to be cozy in the covers with her tea. "Well, we could call Bobby, see what he knows." He gave a look to Sam to see if he agreed.

"Good call, dude," murmured Sam. "Bobby's good at finding that sort of thing out." He checked his watch. The time was still only 5:15am, and he shook his head. "Bobby won't thank us for calling him yet. He'll be in bed, sleeping right now. We'll call him after breakfast, shall we?" he petted Ashley's hair and stretched out beside her, then changed his mind and hopped out of bed to go find his laptop. "I'll take a look and see what I can find. The least we should do is get some of that goofer dust, don't you think?"

Dean settled back in the bed, crossing his legs at his ankles and then pulled Ashley to lean against him. He felt her settle against his chest and he rubbed her arm as she drank her tea. "Yeah, see if you can find out what that stuff was made of. We can mix some up and use it to go with the salt, 'cause I have a feeling that if those things want at her, they'll take the pain that salt inflicts." He watched as Sam got up to go into the other room, returning with his laptop. Dean playfully reached up and covered Ashley's eyes, "Careful! When he opens that, you might see porn."

She gave a little laugh.

Sam rolled his eyes as he powered up his laptop. "I deleted the link to your fat lady porn site, so Ashley can breathe a sigh of relief," he said, grinning. He frowned at the screen, waiting for his boot to be complete, and once it was up and running he opened a browser and began to search for goofer dust. It didn't take him long. Uttering a little grunt of satisfaction, he started to read. "Recipes for making it vary, but it is almost always a mixture of simple natural ingredients, usually including Graveyard Dirt, powdered sulphur, (which can give it a yellowish colour) and salt. Subsidiary ingredients may include powdered snake heads or snake skin "sheds," red pepper, black pepper, powdered bones, powdered insects or snails, and greyish, powdery-surfaced herbs such as mullein and sage. In the past, some formulas for Goofer Dust included anvil dust, the fine black iron detritus found around a blacksmith's anvil. A modern substitute for this now-uncommon ingredient would be magnetic sand, which is also black in colour." He grinned at Dean. "Sounds yummy! Okay, I guess we need to find some."

Dean gave a shrug, "Okay, well that last stuff we had I guess had the black sand in it, so we need to find some, the rest of the stuff we can get pretty quickly."

Ashley reached over Dean, putting her cup down. "We can check the local shops and see if we find some. I'm sure with all this that is New Orleans, there are more than one voodoo shops."

"I'm still going to be phoning Bobby as soon as it's time for him to get up," said Sam, frowning. "But we can find iron filings easy enough in a kids' educational store. They have them for magnets. I remember playing with them when I was a kid. Iron filings and magnetic fields. It was awesome." He started to make a list of the ingredients they'd need. "Course, it doesn't tell us any amounts, so I suppose we're going to have to guess them and hope for the best."

"Yes, he was just as geeky then as he is now," Dean informed Ashley.

"Well I guess we'll be shopping today. And speaking of which, you can help me get some groceries too," Ashley answered with a smile. "I'll need help carrying all the food I need to buy for you two."

"Resorting to slave labor." Dean joked.

"Too right she is," nodded Sam. "I can see her evil ways without trying. She's going to exhaust us and then have her evil way with us before we recover. We'll be powerless to resist her vile scheme." He cast a worried eye at Ashley, who was still sipping her tea. "You and me, dude, we're going to have to band together to combat the insidious erosion of our masculine mystique, although you'd look real pretty dressed only in an apron and a smile. I'd volunteer to stand behind you and make sure that you don't fall down from sheer fatigue."

Dean gave a chuckle.

"I'm not that evil. I'll let you recover and I do treat my slaves very well," Ashley grinned. "At least I'll feed you to keep your strength up."

"Oh, how thoughtful of you," Dean took the cup from her to place it back on the end table. He pulled her over his lap. "I think little girl needs a spanking."

"I guess you can spank her, dude, but you might want to think about it first. Thing is, she might stop with the cookie baking in retaliation, and then where would you be?" Sam clambered onto his hands and knees and began to crawl across the bed towards his brother and his lap full of naked, squirming girl. "I think that we should humor her," he said, nuzzling into her buttocks and gently nipping the tender, dimpled flesh.

He peered up at his brother with a grin, studying Dean's eyes. "We're gonna make everything work, dude. You're safe. All we have to do is protect Ash until we find out how to banish the hellhounds. Bobby will know how, and if he doesn't, I'll get Star and company to call them off."

"If she is inclined to," Dean grumbled as Ashley squirmed on his lap, batting his hands away so she could sit up. "Well, first we can get her one of the medallions Bobby gave us for her to wear. Then we'll protect the apartment. As for what's next, we can wait to see what Bobby says." Dean was slipping out of bed, gathering up his clothing, tossing Sam's at him so they could dress. "Well, might as well get the day started."

Sam nodded, fielding his underwear as it hurtled past his head and stooping to pull them on. "I'll go and get some coffee going, see if I can wake up all the way." He bent and picked up his jeans. "Dude, you want to go to the car and grab a talisman for our girl here. She should wear one all the time for now, til we get this sorted out."

Dean nodded while heading out into the living room. Ashley climbed out of bed and started to dress, pulling on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt before walking out. She went into the kitchen letting Sam get the coffee going while she started making breakfast. "I think we're gonna need a big breakfast."

Dean ran out to the car yet again, opening the trunk to pull out the small leather bag in which he kept Bobby's talismans. He got one out for Ashley and then suddenly paused, the feeling that he was being watched setting the hairs on the back of his neck prickling. Heading back inside, he closed the door and lay down a line of salt. then crossed to take a seat at the counter in the kitchen. "Here you go." He held the amulet out to her.

Reaching across, she studied it intently before placing it around her neck. "So this little thing will protect me?"

"You'd be surprised. Sam fumbled in his pocket to pull out a similar talisman and showed it to her. "It's really important to carry it all the time. It'll prevent demons trying to possess you. We don't want you to end up as some bitch demon's meat suit." He bent to kiss her and ran a finger over it where it hung around her neck. "There, baby, all the other girls are gonna want one now. It's a classy piece of jewelry."

Ashley touched it thoughtfully and then looked back to Sam before smiling. "No I guess not. Don't want to be a bitch." She started cooking again while Sam poured his brother some coffee. She'd assembled everything to make toast. She also had cinnamon rolls in the oven. "Your job must be incredibly scary most of the time."

"Understatement, but yeah. Still, we also get to play with guns, so that's a perk," Dean sipped from the mug Sam had passed to him. "I swear you have the best coffee, sweetheart."

"It's Hawaiian," she smiled.

Sam had brought his laptop into the kitchen with him, and now he was making a shopping list of all the ingredients he needed for the goofer dust. "You think that we should go together to get all this stuff, or would it be better to keep her indoors while we bring it back?" He reached out and grabbed Dean's coffee, chugging it as he tucked his notepad into his pocket, beginning to start looking for information about the hellhounds. "They have no power to take anyone except the one that they're sent for. I don't even know why they're trying to get you, girl."

Rising to his feet, he went over to Ashley and bent to kiss her neck. "You're going to be okay. We won't let anything happen to you."

"I know you won't," She turned her head and nuzzled him.

"Doesn't mean they can't hurt those who try to stop them." Shrugging, Dean batted at Sam's hand, "Get your own coffee, bitch."

"Boys!" Ashley poured Sam a cup and handed it to him then refilled Dean's. "Breakfast is ready, so go sit at the table."

They ate. Sam was starving, and Dean was... well, he was Dean, and everything she set before them vanished in very short order. Afterwards, Sam rose to start clearing away the dishes to stack into the dishwasher while Ashley went to shower and dress.

"What do you think, man?" Sam sat facing his brother, allowing his worry to surface. "We've got to do something, and we've got to do it fast."

"We do what we can, and we do what we know," Dean answered, drinking his coffee. "Look, the things want me. They know they can't get me, but it's not gonna stop them from trying, Sam. I think we need to talk to Star, see what's going on. Actually, it's you that needs to talk to her. She seems to really dig you. Dude, when did things turn around for us? Since when do you get all the girls?"

"Oh, I guess since I was the best looking," nodded Sam. "And also the dependable one that radiates an aura of safety." He laughed at Dean's face and bent to grab his ears and kiss him hard. "And I think that they can tell that you belong to me now. It's true, you know it."

He straddled Dean's knees and sat down on his brother's lap. "Mine, all mine. Nobody else gets you."

"Not what you said last night," Dean pushed his brother off playfully. "You radiate something but safety is not it. More like stinky." He chuckled, taking his cup back to the kitchen and setting it down. "Okay, well, maybe I should go shopping, you stay here with Ash. Make babies or practice doing so at least," he chuckled.

"I don't know. I think we ought to stay together," murmured Sam, shuddering at the thought of babies. "If something gets in we need to be able to co-ordinate our defenses, and they aren't complete, until we get that goofer dust made up and ready. He paused for a moment. "You know what? There must be somewhere we can buy the stuff ready made. Maybe that's the way to go. It'd save time, I'm sure."

"And that is why I suggested one of us stays here." Dean countered. "And Ash did say she knew of some shops."

"I think we should all go," she answered as she came out, looking pretty, made up with her hair curled. She'd put on a tank top with jeans, and she'd slung a tote over her shoulder. "So no arguing. The dreams only come when I'm asleep, so I'm okay. It's you I'm more worried about, Dean."

"Yeah, well we have an ace that shoots. Okay, so we all go." Dean walked over, grabbing his jacket, "So let's go."

It was still early, but New Orleans was already sweating under the sun's fierce scrutiny. The air was rich with moisture, full of a mixture of scents. Somewhere nearby there was freshly baked bread, and the heady fragrance of oleander, while behind it all, the scent of the Mississippi lay thick and sour, mingling with the salt from the bay. Despite having just eaten their breakfast, Sam vanished into the bakers on the corner of the block and reappeared several minutes later with beignets for each of them, and when Ashley laughed at him he merely shrugged his shoulders. "They're really good," he murmured. "I just remembered them. Do you know how to make them?"

They made their way to the store that Ashley had mentioned earlier. She didn't know if they'd have goofer dust, but they'd very likely have some of the ingredients if not. As they stepped up to the counter with Sam's list, Sam felt a sick chill go through him.

Walking into the shop, Dean was wiping his fingers on his jeans, powdered sugar all down the front of his shirt. He wrinkled his nose. "Dad took me into one of these shops, they all smell the same." He leaned to look in a jar, trying to see if he could tell what was in there.

hr

Ashley moved up beside Sam, touching him as she noticed the chill in the air. "You okay?" she asked softly as she rubbed his back.

"Yeah," he nodded, taking her hand. "It just felt like there was something watching us for a minute." He smiled at her reassuringly, but at the same time, he fumbled in his pocket for the handful of salt there. "Dean, you got the list?" he asked his brother.

"Can I help you?" The woman who emerged from the room behind the counter was almost as tall as Sam, and she had a front tooth missing. "Y'all look to be in a hurry."

Dean pulled away from the bottles and walked over, digging in his pocket for the list. "Yeah, we need these items." He handed them over.

"Not really in a hurry as much as important," Ashley answered the tall woman.

Taking the list, the tall woman inspected it with her eyebrows raised. "Goofer dust?" she murmured. "You children been messin' with things you shouldn't?" She set the list down on the counter and folded her arms. "I can give you goofer dust, but you'd be better going into the church an' prayin' to the good lord Jesus to forgive you an' save your souls."

"That might be an idea too," nodded Sam. "But we should take the dust if you've got it. That way we cover all the bases."

Dean looked at the woman and then leaned on the counter, smiling, "Sweetheart, we've been messin' with a lot more than you can imagine. But we do know what we're doing. So unless you have hell hound muzzles in the back there, this should do us fine." he poked his finger at the list and pushed it towards her.

Gasping, the woman stepped back from the counter, crossing herself. "You been messin' with the devil himself," she said. "Oh, children. There ain't no way to stop the hounds. You better pray for Jesus to receive you."

She turned and disappeared into the back of the store, returning a few minutes later with a bag of the powder that Sam recalled from their previous battle with the hellhounds. "Here," she said. "Take it, but it won't do you no good. Others have tried, but them hounds, they always win in the end."

"Yeah, we know," Dean pulled out some cash this time, tossed it on the counter before turning to head out.

hr

Ashley whispered a thank you and started to follow. She looked at the bag then back at Sam. "Maybe we should go to a church."

"It'll be all right, sweetheart," murmured Sam. "We're just working on insurance. You won't be hurt any more." He thanked the woman and they turned to leave the store, trying not to notice the fact that the woman had dropped her knees and was fervently telling a set of rosary beads.

Once outside again, Sam frowned as he turned to his brother. "What a weird woman," he mumbled. "I'm gonna call Star to make sure we've got everything set up. Then I guess we'll see what happens."

"Not alone you aren't," Dean stressed, this involved him, and he didn't trust demons. Though he knew he had to trust something, there was still the part of him that was like his father. That voice in his head which said never to trust anything but family.

Ashley looked between them, "Then I want to go too."

"Fair enough," grumbled Sam. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed the number Star had given him. "We're in New Orleans, and we want to talk to you. Can we meet?"

He listened for a moment and then smiled grimly. "Yeah. We'll see you there." Closing up his phone and tucking it back into his pocket, he spread his hands. "That restaurant where we went with Ashley the first time we came. "The place with the gumbo. We'll meet there in an hour."

"Bubba's place?" Ashley asked.

"Hour huh?" Dean looked about, "Well, let go find some coffee then and wait. We'll head over after they get there." Dean started walking.

The other two fell into step with Dean, but Sam was still frowning. "How the hell did they know we'd been there before?" he asked, not really expecting an answer. "That's creepy. Don't you think that's creepy? You'd think they'd have better things to do than follow me about, wouldn't you?" He gave a sigh. "Dude, you need more coffee? I think I need a shot of Jack or something. This is getting weirder and weirder."

"What you freaking out about. We've had a demon following us since you were in diapers," Dean shook his head. "And what do you expect? They gonna stop, just because you discovered yourself in the shower?" He pushed open the door to a coffee shop, walking in first.

Ashley walked between the tables looking for a booth, and looked back over her shoulder as she shook her head, "Look, it doesn't matter now, as long as they help."

They finally found an empty booth at the back of the little cafe and crowded in, waiting silently while the server brought them coffee. As they sipped it, Sam reached to fondle the tattoo on his chest the way that had become a nervous tic since he'd got it. "I know it isn't that much of a big deal, but I'm still nervous. I really don't like consorting with demons." He leaned his head back against the leather seat. "I'd feel so much better if I wasn't some weird sort of demon magnet. Why can't we just own a pizza store, or a garage or something? Why the fuck did we have to be special?"

Ashley ran her hand over Sam's leg trying to comfort him. "We're all special. I didn't ask for my abilities either, Sam. But I do make the best of what I have."

Dean kicked his brother to stop him from rubbing the tattoo. "If we owned a Pizza store or anything like that, you'd hate me, and I would weigh at least three hundred pounds 'cause I'd eat all the profits."

Dean's words had Sam's lips twitching in spite of himself. "I guess that's true," he said with a sigh. "And if you think you'd only weigh 300lbs, you're joking. You'd be one of those guys that needed a crane to get you down the stairs. I guess it's a good thing that we don't have a pizza place. Maybe a garage or a marriage guidance place or perhaps some kind of interior design shop would be better. I can see you doing interior design for up-market trendies, Dean. I bet you'd wear pink shirts and tight trousers with a crease."

"Just shoot me then. I don't want to see that. Pink is gay." He took another drink. "Besides, I've seen what my life would be like. I'd work in Dad's garage and have a hot nurse girlfriend. That'd be totally respectable, mind you." He nodded.

His words made Sam wince. He remembered all too well finding his brother suspended from the ceiling in that warehouse, while the djinn slowly drank his lifeforce. Yeah, well for that scenario to be true, Mom would have to still be alive, and so would Jess. I don't see that happening any time soon." He bowed his head. The thought of Jessica seemed very far away now, but the sight of Dean hanging there like some side of meat, just waiting for the djinn to come and drain him was very real and fresh in his mind. "I think I'll keep you the way you are after all, dude," he said softly. I guess I can bear the demons."

"I'm so happy to hear it." Star had entered the cafe, and was now standing beside him at his shoulder. "How are you, Sammy? Did you miss me?"

Dean looked up and shook his head. "Hello! Hotter girl next to him, what do you think?" He sipped his coffee. "Oh but I missed you. I can't find a target to shoot at." Smirking, Dean gave her a challenging look.

Ashley studied her. "You must be Star."

"Give her a prize." The demoness studied Ashley with a sneer on her face. "Slumming, are we, Sammy?" She squeezed into the booth beside Dean and gave him a smile that was a mere baring of her teeth. She ran her fingers down over Dean's cheek to his neck. "We'd so love to play with you, Deano. Maybe some day, once this battle is over, I'll have you all to myself. We'll have so much fun I can't even tell you."

"Star? You said you would meet us at Bubba's in an hour." Sam's voice was toneless, and he'd folded his arms as if to defend himself. "What changed your mind?"

"Good question, Sammy. I always knew you were the bright one of the two." Star reached across and took his coffee, drinking it with a smile. "There are hellhounds around. I thought you might like a little help with them, but maybe I'm wrong. I could just go and leave you lovebirds to it..."

Dean rolled his eyes at Star. However when she said hellhounds, Dean shared a glance with Sam that was pregnant with meaning. When his eyes flicked back to her, he was no longer smiling. "Well, we kind of discovered that last night. Thought you guys were smarter than that. So, tell us something, how you gonna help us?"

Ashley passed her cup to Sam to drink since she hadn't actually started it yet.

"The hounds want you, Deano, my love." Star smiled at Dean as she spoke. "And you can't really do anything to protect yourself. The colt might help... a little, but it's going to take a much stronger mind than yours to control them." Turning to Sam, she gave him a smile. "You'll know what to do, when the time comes, Sammy, I promise you. All you'll need to do is decide what to give away. It really depends on how much you want to keep your brother from hell."

She set Sam's cup down, rose to her feet and sauntered away.

Back: Episode 14 –|– Next: Episode 16


| Back to My Stories –|– Email Dr. Ruthless |

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional