All About Me



My Personal History…

I love laughing and playing…

I was born on October 20, 1967, in Houston, Texas.

I also grew up there…

I used to love to go to Hermann Park & the Museum of Natural Science.
I also spent more than my fair share of time at NASA (this was before it had an "amusement park" when it was still not all that easy to visit…).
I recall spending a lot of time hanging out in bookstores…

I don't have as much time to hang out anymore…
I got married and am working on building a home so we can start our family.

I guess that means I grew up…

OH NO!!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?

Ah, well… At least I still get to play with my friends… just not every day…

I majored in history at The University of Houston (or as we usually called it - The Universton of Housity - we had bumper stickers & everything!)

I met my best friends there… We still play together….



My Family…

First and foremost: My husband, Robert (AKA Starglider). He is wonderful and loving and he wants to take care of me. That's a big job these days…

A month before our wedding (On my BIRTHDAY!) I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

My mother (who had already paid for EVERYTHING - NON-REFUNDABLE) looked Robert in the eye and said, "It's not too late. You can still back out."

He just shook his head and said (very firmly, I might add), "The commitment has already been made."

Isn't he incredibly wonderful?!?

So, at The Chapel Of The Bells in Irving, Texas, in a beautiful, traditional religious ceremony, before our families and our friends, Robert and I pledged our love and commitment to one another.

(Anyone who wants to see the wedding description can follow the My Wedding link at the bottom of the page.)

I also have a stepson. He was 2 years old when we got married (too young to be the ringbearer…) He is absolutely adorable, and I have a feeling he is going to grow up to look an awful lot like his daddy…

My mother is a travelling nurse specializing in neo-natal intensive care.
(So she moves around an awful lot!)

I am her only child. I have 3 half brothers, through my father, but we don't really know each other - we grew up in different states…

My mom's extended family is very large.

I am closest to my cousin Sharon, who is only 3 weeks older than me. We were very close growing up. (Her mother is my mother's older sister.)

My In-Laws are wonderful. I love my them and they love me… How fortunate I am in that… So many people are not so lucky.

I have a sister-in-law as well. Her name is Nancy and, in addition to being Robert's sister, she is a part of the group of friends that came with him…

He was a package deal, I guess… I also got a DVD player and a 30" TV…

I tease him, sometimes… I tell him I married him so I could keep his family - or his friends - OR just the DVD player… hehehe…

The truth is, I knew I loved him when I realized I trusted him. I really can tell him anything.
And I knew he was the one when I realized I couldn't bear to think of my life without him. I literally can't imagine it… If I try, it's like I run right into a big blank wall that I can't see beyond. The only thing I can do is feel all hopeless and broken.

So I just don't go there…

My mom says she knew for certain that it was right when he said the commitment had been made and he would not back out of the wedding.


My Friends…

My best friends (mentioned above in the college section) are Mark & FerFer. I was Maid of Honor at their wedding. (Nothing like being best friends with BOTH the Bride AND Groom!)

Their oldest daughter's name is a combination of her mother’s name and my nickname.

I am also friends with Mark's brother and his wife (David & Kristen) and their kids (all 4 of them)! Their second son was my ringbearer.

I love being a part of this loving (and very functional - as opposed to disfunctional) family…

In addition, I sort of inherited a wonderful group of friends even crazier than I am when I married Robert.

First off, there are out religious differences…

We've got everything from "who knows what" to (agnostic) Buddhist to Wicca (one white and one gray and one Christian) to practicing and non-practicing fundamentalist Christians and there are only 9 of us…

Then there is the fact that one of our number is gay, one is a lesbian and at least one (female) is self-labeled as bi-curious. (Again, ONLY 9 of us!)

Then…

The strangest part of all…

We play Role Playing Games… (ACK!!!)



Fun And Games…

RPGs: Currently, we are playing Star Wars. My husband is the GM. We are, however, in the midst of a short break. GMing can be exhausting.

Previously, we were playing D&D and Mystic Rune; alternating between the two games (and game masters) between campaigns.

Television (past & present): I love LEXX, Dark Angel, Seven Days & Farscape (and boy am I mad about the way they ended the series!), Star Trek, Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Roswell, and MOST Sci-Fi/Fantasy-type shows. I also watch murder mysteries (such as Diagnosis Murder) and some sitcoms. I enjoy Will & Grace, Dharma & Greg, Just Shoot Me, and Friends.
I used to watch Highlander (I love Methos), Kindred: The Masquerade, and Freedom. I still morn the passing of the last two. I have groundless hopes that Freedom will return someday…

Movies: Star Wars, Star Trek and, in fact, MOST Science Fiction and Fantasy genre films. (But NOT "Event Horizon"! I HATED that movie! It was a Horror Movie pretending to be Science Fiction! The acting was good, though.) I also enjoy action adventure and romantic comedy (what can I say? I'm a girl…)
My video collection is… shall we say, extensive…
Still working on the DVD collection…
(No longer buying VHS…)

Authors: David & Leigh Eddings, Anne McCaffery, Alan Dean Foster (esp. his Flinx of The Commonwealth series - More, please!), Piers Anthony (esp. his Incarnations of Immortality), P.N. Elrod, Simon Hawke, Laurell K. Hamilton, Robert Asprin (More MYTH books, please!), C.S. Lewis, and - of course - Tolkien… etc…

Plus several undisclosed romance writers…

Okay! Okay!

Julie Garwood, Johanna Lindsey, Judith McNaught, Jude Devereaux & Catherine Coulter.

I love the historical perspectives. I love it when an author is true to the time period they are writing in. Medieval heroines SHOULD expect to have their husbands chosen for them. I suppose they rarely liked it - but they certainly expected it…

And these authors make an effort to be historically accurate. And they tell a great story, too.

Julie Garwood & Johanna Lindsay, in particular, add a great deal of humor to their writing.

Did I mention that my book collection is also extensive…






My Wedding


My Photos




Contact Me


Home