The Place of Our Legacy


Updates


Back to 2000 Updates


DECEMBER, 1999
  • Wishing everyone a fantastic New Year, century and millenium - hope next year is a blast!
  • Star Wars stories: "Bathtime", "A Call to Joy", "Choice", "Confessions of a Tired Padawan", "Connection", "Counting Coup", "Deep in the Night...", "Doing the Wash", "The First Few Days","From the Tales of Rent-A-Jedi", "Home Leave", "Just Another Day", "Language, Language", "Laundry Duty", "Legacy" (by OzKaren), "Legacy" (this one by Shana Nolan), "Lessons in Concentration", "Mine For the Asking", "The Mission to Rakari", "Mists", "Prelude to Destiny", "Protector", "Requiem", "Role Model", "Royal Origins", "Sabé's Journal", "Sa're", "The Senator's Daughter", "Shock", "Sneaking Around", "Sometimes You Learn the Hard Way...", "A Spiritual Journey Home", "Sugar Returns", "Time After Time", "Time Again", "A Time For Pain", "Timeout", "Their Journey's Beginning", "The Trials and Tribulations of Cooking", "A Trying Time", "Under the Mistletoe", "The Visitor", "Xandabo Maneuvar", "Your Place In the Middle", parts 1 & 2 of "All My Days Are Dark", parts 2-5 of "Banished", part 12 of "Connection", part 3 of "Escort", chapters 1-16 of Part 2 of "Mosaic", parts 2-4 of "New Allies", parts 1 & 2 of "Old Flames", and parts 2-7 of "Shipwrecked". 
  • Stargate Stories: "All I Want For Christmas", "Blood Ties", "The Gift", "Redemption", "Star Light Star Bright", parts 1-11 of "The Devil to Pay", parts 18-43 of "The Hunting Fields", and parts 1-10 of "Take Me Home".
  • Story Indexes: Alright, hopefully this will be the last time (for a while) that I have to fiddle with the index pages for the stories. It is now only an option to view the full index of stories in either archive - you will not be taken automatically to it after finishing a story. I'm trying to work on a better system, but who knows when that may get done... if ever. *smile*  Eventually, each letter of the alphabet will probably have it's own page, but not for some time yet (I hope).
  • The Star Wars story "Treachery at Kalla" has been removed as the author is rewriting it and making lots of changes. Allie (the author) has been very busy recently, but I hope the story will be returning soon. *smile*
  • We've moved! (Well, duh) *grin*  I was sick of Xoom's servers going down all the time - it made viewing pages and uploading them a continual pain, so I decided to take advantage of the great deal Squidge (https://www.squidge.org) offered. My thanks to Squidge for hosting the site!
  • Some exciting news! (Well, for me, anyway *grin* ) The Place of Our Legacy is now the official archive for TheFabFive mailing list which runs out of Onelist. Thank you to List Mom Amy for allowing me this opportunity! *waves*  TheFabFive is a list for fans of the handmaidens from the Star Wars prequels. To subscribe, go to http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/TheFabFive.
  • I recently realised that the counter on the Stargate main page wasn't working, so I've added a different counter. The last amount of hits that I saw on that page was a number of weeks ago, and was just a couple shy of 11,000, so that's where this new counter is starting from.
  • Changes have been made to the submissions and FAQ pages. Now that we're based at Squidge, I can accept slash stories, which (hopefully) means a greater variety of submissions, authors, and fics. *smile* So for any of those authors who wanted to submit something but were worried about the slash content, never fear. *grin* Now you can submit your work with no worries. I also made a slight change regarding disclaimers for the stories.
  • As well as updating the FAQ, I've also added links on the submissions page to the new Stargate betas page and Star Wars betas page. These lists contain the names of other fans willing to beta any work you want to have archived. If you also wish to be listed as an available beta reader, fill out the proper form on the relevant page and send it to me. I'll have your details up on the next update.
  • I've added two submission e-mail forms - one for Stargate submissions, and one for Star Wars submissions. Some people may prefer this option of submitting their story, so it is now available. But please follow all instructions and fill in all fields as necessary. People are still quite welcome to submit their stories the old way (in an e-mail or as an attachment, via their own e-mail address) - these forms simply present another option.
  • Another Stargate beta reader listed
  • Because of the greater potential for adult content, there's a new warning page that people must pass through before entering the site (unless, of course, some are cheeky and decide to bookmark particular pages already within the site *wink*)

NOVEMBER, 1999
  • It was a big update month after I returned from my exams. There are a number of new or changed things on the site, so bear with me whilst I get through it all.
  • New SW fics: "Approaching Storm", "All Alone in the Night", "Eliana's Baby", "Heart of the Force - New Discoveries", "Her Father's Daughter", "Intersections in Life and Death", "The Jedi Who Went Off to Learn What Fear Was", "Sugar Tales - Life Goes On", "The Mistakes You Make...", "Mother and Child", "New Allies", "Weeds", "With Friends Like These", "Young Jinn - The Seeker", "Young Jinn - Adjustments", parts 1 & 2 of "Escort", parts 7-9B of "A Mistaken Love", "How Do You Say Goodbye", "Interlude", "Nightmares", "Shadows", "Mrs Yoda", "One Day", part 1 of "Shipwrecked", Prologue and Part 1 of "Mosaic", and Interlude 1 of "Mosaic".
  • New SG-1 stories: "Fleeting Thoughts", "How the Goa'uld Stole Christmas", "Amalgamation", "Day After Day", "Day's End", "It Don't Matter to the Sun", "Never Again", "Recovery Operation", "In Time Of Need", "Forbidden", "Personal Demons", "Little Things", "The Meek Shall Inherit", and parts 1-17 of "The Hunting Fields".
  • A note on the SW fic mentioned above ("Mosaic"). This is a novel length work that was sent to me (it's already complete), so I'll be archiving it one or two parts each update (possibly more if I'm not being run off my feet). I'm not sure how long it will all take, but will be up sometime before Christmas I hope! *smile* Well done to Nyc for writing it!
  • Yay! The site's passed the grand total of 10,000 visitors!! Thanks to everyone for this!
  • For those who've been asking *waves to Brenna*, the SG-1 fic called "The 'Better' Life" is being worked on again. The next part might be done within the next month, but no promises. *grin*
  • I added some things to the Submissions Page and FAQ.
  • I changed the 'letter links' at the top of the Stories Index pages - hopefully they'll stay properly formatted now.
  • Thank you to all the Star Wars authors who've made this site so successful - this part of the site has only been open... 4 months, and already there are more stories in the SW archive than in the SG-1 archive! Well done, everyone!
  • Sorry for those of you who were trying to view "Young Jinn - The Seeker" and/or "Fleeting Thoughts" while I was on hiatus - the links are fixed now. *smile* And sorry it's taken so long for this update to happen!!
  • Onto more mundane things. *grin* You'll probably notice the font is different throughout the entire archive. In my ignorance, I didn't realise how hard it might be for people with Apple Mac's to view the stories, but also that some PC owners may not have had the font I was using. It's all changed to Geneva/Helvetica/Arial now, so if anyone is still having trouble with things, drop me a line at tpool@unbounded.com and let me know - I'll see what I can do. *smile*
  • There's a new links page! Rather than maintain the old thing all by myself, I've put up a Free-For-All Links page which lets you add any links you think are appropriate. It's split up into a couple of different categories (the drop-down menu holds them) so add the link where you think it should go. I'm attempting to add all the links that I had previously, but it may take me a while.
  • The (other) biggest news is that the site may be expanding again! I'm looking at adding Pretender fanfic and Highlander fanfic, but I want to do all the other things to the site I've been wanting to do first. Then maybe I can think about adding more. *grin*
  • There are now links to all the major pages of the site on the bottom of every page.
  • I've also re-done the mains (as in front page, and mains for SG-1 and SW) of the site. This was to (hopefully) cut down on loading time. If you're looking to go somewhere other than what the picture links offer, scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the text links.
  • I've chucked the Amazon and Voting pages - Amazon is gone simply because I just can't keep up with it, even every month.
  • The webrings I'm a member of have been chopped and changed - there are now 3 pages: one for SG-1, one for SW, and one for general Sci-fi/Fantasy webrings. I also joined the Star Wars Chicks webring, and Sci-fi Webmasters webring.
  • The SG-1 and TPM Fanfiction Webrings have changed home. I'm still running them, but they're now using space at Geocities. You can visit them at the links at the bottom of this page. There are also some new table designs for the SG-1FF ring - if you're a member, you must visit the page.
  • Added an FAQ page in the submissions area, which will be added to as time goes on.
  • Last, but not least, the 'About this site...' page has been updated.

OCTOBER, 1999
  • ALL SITE UPDATES HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD until I finish my final exams for high school. The site should re-commence updating sometime early in November.
  • Quite a few new fics added to the SW archive: "Atomic", "Remember", parts 1-5 of "A Mistaken Love", and parts 7-10 of "Past Tense Rising". Also in the SW archive, the story previously known as "The Blue Egg" has had a title change, and is now called "The Test". If you are looking for further chapters in this story, look under T.

SEPTEMBER, 1999
  • A number of fics uploaded into both the SW and SG-1 archives - keep those stories coming!
  • Some more links (both SW and SG-1) were added
  • *wince* I did it again... another webring was created. The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Webring was created. There was also a slight change made - site owners now have the opportunity to use a text-only table if they prefer. This is due to the fact that some site owners do not like to use graphics on their site. Any site owners whose sites are in the ring who would like the text-only HTML, e-mail me at tpool@unbounded.com with your site ID and let me know.
  • Pictures of the two main characters from Allie Davidson's "Treachery at Kalla" series, have been posted on the story's page. Thanks to Hutch for them!
  • It's been brought to my attention (thank you Kathy!) that people can't save the stories to read offline - sorry guys, that's xoom. I'll see what I can do in the future about possibly putting some text file versions up somewhere, but it will have to wait until at least early November, because that's when my last exam finishes. Please be patient! *pleading*
  • I'm on the home stretch - I've done my last day of school and now all that's left are the big exams in mid-October (which then last for 2 weeks). Leading up to this, I won't be doing much site work, but I'll make up for it by some (maybe) big changes early-mid November. *smile*

AUGUST, 1999
  • Tonnes and tonnes of new stories added to both of the archives (it was a very busy month for the SW archive - thanks to all who submitted their fic *smile*).
  • Lots of new SW links
  • Joined the Jedi Council Banner Exchange.
  • The Amazon page was finally updated (and the merchandise there now will stay there for a while until I can get the next lot ready). The Jedi Apprentice books are there now.
  • I won my first award!! *very big grin* Talk about unexpected - but what a nice surprise!! It's on the new Awards Page.
  • The voting buttons for the SW side of things have been moved to their own page - I didn't want the page to be too long and take forever to load.
  • Two new pages - Awards and Voting Pages.
  • Almost all the picture/font links are gone, except for a few cases - text links are now on every page instead.  I'm hoping this will cut down on time for the pages to load. *smile*
  • Joined the SG-9 webring! "The first to go, the first to know."

JULY, 1999
  • New archive up! The Place of Our Legacy is now a dual archive for Star Wars fanfiction. Any and all submissions are greatly welcome.
  • New stories to both the SW archive and SG-1 archive.
  • The chat room's up! Go here to chat Stargate or Star Wars.
  • An "about" page for the site added - just a little background on how the site came about basically... and maybe some plans for the future? *smile*
  • In association with Amazon.com: This month... "Stargate - The Movie".
  • Woohoo! The SG-1 archive reached the 5000 visitor mark! *grins*
  • New SW links and SG-1 links
  • Did some fiddling around so that now the message board and guest book are no longer just for the SG-1 part of the site - they're now for the entire site.
  • New: SW webrings
  • Vote for my site in the Star Wars Top 200 sites! Click here.
  • Joined Jawa Trader Banner Exchange

JUNE, 1999
  • The Place of Our Legacy is now in association with Amazon.com. New merchandise will be displayed every 4 weeks. This month: The Stargate Books by Bill McCay.
  • Links  added. (Note: anyone who is linked at this site that would rather a banner/logo/what-have-you up, just send it to tpool@unbounded.com and I'll put it up next update.)

MAY, 1999

APRIL, 1999
  • More stories added - about 30 fics total now! Not bad for 2 months!! *wink*
  • Heap of links up
  • A new look site was in order - for starters, as the amount of fics being archived here increased, it was taking the main page forever to load. So a separate stories page (indexed by title) was added, and the webrings eventually got their own page as well. *smile*

MARCH, 1999
  • A change of ISP's meant a new address - thanks to XOOM for hosting me. *smile*
  • More stories added
  • Links page added

17th FEBRUARY, 1999
  • The Place of Our Legacy opens!!
  • Three stories in the archive


Back to 2000 Updates


   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 


|| TPOOL || SG-1 Fiction || Star Wars Fiction || Site Updates || Links ||
|| Webrings || Submissions || Beta Readers || Chat || Message Board ||
|| Other Stuff || The SG-1 Fanfic Webring || TPM Fanfic Webring ||