YOUNG FORCE: Part 9

by:  Rabe
Feedback to:  rabe_1@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Obi-Wan was escorted out of the room by two men in robes and taken back to Di-Mane, who was told of Obi-Wan's success. He was proud of the fact that the boy he'd discovered had passed the Council's tests. It was now his duty to see that Obi-Wan was registered with the record keepers and assigned a room. Obi-Wan's entire family history would be obtained and kept on record for future reference and for Obi-Wan to explore once he became older. Though it sounded cruel, one of the more unpleasant jobs of the Jedi Masters was to help to seperate the children from their families and control the memories they had of them. The Jedi would become their family. Obi-Wan had not yet asked about them. That was a good sign. The first thing Di-Mane saw to was the official change of Obi-Wan's name. Unless there was a special circumstance, apprentices were allowed to keep their first names, as those are probably the ones they are most comfortable with. Last names are changed immediately for security and privacy. He took him to to the advisors and after some discussions and consideration, came up with a suitable last name to assign him: Kenobi.


Back on Cress, Obidan and Owen had just arrived from their journey. They all grieved over the ''loss'' of Obi-Wan. They had received word that he had passed the test and was fitting in well. His new last name was now "Kenobi".

His parents rejoiced over the fact that the meaningful first name they'd chosen remained.

Owen was having trouble understanding the situation. He had never heard of these Jedi and didn't understand why Obi-Wan must become one of them. They received word about 4 days after Obi-Wan's departure that they were to come and visit him at the Temple. Tommorow, a Republic transport would be sent for them. They needed only to pack their things for 2 days. Only short visits were allowed to suppress emotional conflict in the children. Snowan understoon: He is Jedi - in- training now.

Snowan could think of nothing but the visit. She would see her darling child again. She happily packed her things.

"Mother" Owen said as he entered the room.

"What is it, Owen" she said, seeing the clouds in his eyes.

"What'll we see when we get there. Will I be frightened?"

She drew her son near her and held him.

"Oh, no no son. There is nothing to be afraid of. They are taking very good care of your brother." she told him gently.

"Then why are you so sad?" he asked.

"I just miss him. " she sighed, "That's all."

She then gave him a reassuring smile and sent him along to pack. She thought about it for a moment. They were taking good care of her son...weren't they?


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||