YOUNG FORCE: Part 8

by:  Rabe
Feedback to:  rabe_1@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Only an hour had passed since Obi-Wan had left with Di-Mane, yet it seemed like weeks ago. Would the rest of her life be like this? she wondered. She'd talked to Obidan through a hologram and they'd both cried together. Maybe they'd made the wrong decision. Still, something told her they hadn't.


Obi-Wan was fascinated by everything he saw: the gleaming transport he'd gotten on with the Master, the way Cress looked from space, the bustling Coruscant landing platform, and the man he now took company with. He now found himself standing in the middle of a dimly lit room , surrounded by people he'd never seen. Some of them were different species that he'd never seen before. He was particularly curious about the one who spoke to him first, the small green creature who'd been introduced to him as "Master Yoda." He'd been introduced to the twelve people around him. He was frightened for the first time when Di-Mane stepped out of the circle and left the room.

"Don't be afraid" said the man who'd been introduced as "Master Windu"

"Yes sir." said Obi-Wan.

"Concentrate. " said Master Yoda. "Tell us. How feel you."

"Fine. " said Obi-Wan quietly.

"Are you ready to begin?" said Master Windu.

"Yes sir." said Obi-Wan again.

He knew he was about to be tested. Di-Mane had begun to explain that to him on their way there.

"Begin, we shall." said Master Yoda.

Master Windu, known to his fellow Council Members by the name of Mace, produced a small hand-held veiwscreen and concentrated on it for a moment.

"Tell us, Obi-Wan Lars" he began "What do you see. Not in this room, but in your mind. Concentrate. What is in your mind." He knew he had to be a little more explanatory with younger pupils.

All of the Council Members knew the correct responses. The image little Obi-Wan should be seeing was a landspeeder.

"A landspeeder." Obi-Wan whispered, perhaps a little surprised at this random image he'd called into him mind."

"Good." Master Windu said. "Now, clear your mind. What else do you see."

"A fish."

"Continue, Obi-Wan. Keep telling us what you see in your mind." he promted again.

"Another speeder. A bird. A cup. " He did not seem to be tiring. "A chair. A ship. A face. Another ship." he continued.

Master Windu nodded and lowered the viewscreen. He looked at Yoda, who nodded also. They all knew; he'd gotten everyone right.

Master Windu then reached inside a satchel and produced a piece of wood with many pictures and designs on it. He flashed it before Obi-Wan's eyes, and then hid it. He did not see it for more than a second.

"Tell us, young one" Yoda began, "What saw you?"

"I saw a piece of wood about as big as your hands." he said, pointing. " It's old wood sir. I know it was because I saw the termite holes on the bottom sir. Somebody had painted a picture of a big green tree on it. Lots of red fruit were in the tree and a pretty purple bird was flying next to it. Something must have happened to it sir, because a section of the wood was splintered off at the top. Did you drop it?" Obi-Wan finished his amazing analisys of the wood with a simple, innocent, childish question. Mace Windu smiled.

"That's exactly what happened, Obi-Wan." He smiled at the boy. Obi-Wan smiled back. He wasn't afraid anymore. Not in the slightest. He did feel watched. Every gaze was upon him and he could feel eyes probing him.

"You're feelings, Master Yoda." Mace Windu prompted.

"Clear, his mind is. Angered he is not. His fear is in control."

"My thoughts exactly, Master Yoda." Mace said.

"I ask you now then, " Yoda said, "Agree does this Council that this boy, Obi-Wan Lars, is to be admitted into the Temple as an apprentice and candidate to a Padawan Learner be?"

One by one, the Council members nodded their heads in agreement.

"So it is, then." Yoda concluded. "A Jedi Apprentice Obi-Wan will be."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||