YOUNG FORCE: Part 7

by:  Rabe
Feedback to:  rabe_1@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Snowan had packed all of Obi-Wan's belongings in several chests, but Di-Mane reminded her that only the bare essentials would be needed. And besides, should Obi-Wan fail the test, he would be home in two days. She felt a flutter of joy at the words, but then scolded herself. She would never wish her son to fail.

"Is there anything else I need to know, about anything. I beg you, Di-Mane Farr. Don't conceal anything from me. He is my son. " Snowan said earnestly.

"I would never do that." Di-Mane said. "Nothing other than if he passes, he will be brought back here within a week for one final visit before he is officially assigned a room and a schedule. "

"May I ask you something?" Snowan said.

"Of course. Anything." Di-Mane said.

"Did you sense power in my son that day on the street when I caught you staring at him?"

"I did." he said.

"Then why have you wait so long to come to me." she asked.

"It is a matter of procedure. That is how long it took me to complete my mission, return to Coruscant, and request to the Council that I test a prospective Padawan."

"A Padawan?"

"Yes. A Padawan is a Jedi-in-training."

Snowan nodded solemly. How would she ever explain all this to Obidan. How could she tell Owen that his brother was gone?

Di-Mane sensed her dilemma.

"If you wish, one of our Masters or myself personally could inform your husband. That is, if it would bring you any comfort. "

Snowan smiled at his kindness. Perhaps she had been wrong about the Jedi.

"I would greatly appreciate it. The hol-board is down the hall to the left. The correct number is set, you have only to send the message." she said.

Di-Mane nodded graciously and strode down the hall, his robe flaring out behind him.

Snowan knelt down on the floor and played with her son, maybe for the last time. She held him and kissed him and told him how much she loved him. Her tears flooded down and ran onto his face. She wiped them away, but there were fresh ones to take their place.

"Mother" Obi-Wan said, carefully pronouncing his words "Why are you crying?"

She just luaghed at hugged him again. She heard Di-Mane coming and tried to recompose herself. She stood up, stilll holding Obi-Wan.

"Well?" she said.

"You're husband was brave, but he isn't taking it too well. It would be best for you to contact him yourself later on."

Snowan nodded.

"Daddy!" Obi-Wan squealed.

Di-Mane looked serious. "We must be off now."

Snowan heart caught in her throat. The moment she'd been dreading had come. All she could do was nod. Any words, she knew, would bring a flood of tears. She didn't want to lose control in front of Obi-Wan. She'd put off actually telling him he was leaving because she'd hoped that something, anything, would go wrong; Di-Mane would get an emergency call and have to leave alone at once or he'd change his mind and say he'd contacted the wrong child. But none of that happened, and she must tell Obi-Wan what was happening.

"Obi-Wan" she called. He strolled up to her, completely unaware. "You're going to go on a trip."

He smiled. "To where?" he asked, wide eyed.

"You're going to go to Coruscant with Master Di-Mane and he'd going to teach you there. You'll stay there until you learn to be a Jedi Knight."

Obi-Wan just slightly nodded and stood there looking at her. Whether he just didn't understand what was happening or whether he was conciously willing to go wasn't clear. But something told Snowan that he was aware of exactly what was going on.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||