YOUNG FORCE: Part 5

by:  Rabe
Feedback to:  rabe_1@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Obidan sent word that Ben was recovering and he and Owen wouldn't be gone for more than another month. Another month without them, Snowan thought. That would make 5 months in all. She turned back to little Obi-Wan for comfort. She hadn't lost the uneasy feeling she'd gotten since she'd caught the strange man eyeing her son. But she was determined to forget that now.

She returned to her sewing. Though she had the ample weekly funds, she'd taken a job reparing and tailoring clothes in her home to help support them. She was nearly done mending a poncho for a local farmer whose wife had brought the damaged article in the day before. The door buzzer sounded. That must be her now, Snowan thought. She hastily completed the last two stitches as she rushed to the door. She depressed the weathered round button and raised the door.

"Come in, please." She started, cheerfully. "I've just finished..." But her words trailed off as she viewed the figure in her doorway.

There he stood. She knew it all along. He'd come again. The occurance wasn't behind her as she'd hoped. And there she stood, terrified, face to face witht he man she knew wanted something in her son. But what? The man nodded politely, filling the entranceway. He started to speak, but Snowan cut him off.

"Why are you here." She asked in her steadiest voice. The alarm obviously radiated from her face. She knew it showed, and it worried her.

"Please, my dear lady, don't be afraid. I come in peace." The man said, lifting his hood to reveal a 50ish face with once solid dark brown hair and a bit of a beard. He stood very tall and muscular. "If I may enter..."

Snowan, though she was clearly no match for this man should he truly be set on entering, blocked his way.

"What do you want." She asked in a low voice, for she feared Obi-Wan would hear her and come to find her.

"I wish to speak with you." He said. He gaze fixed steadily on her and didn't falter. Even as he said this, part of her fear suddenly vanished. Part of her eased. She stepped aside and the man entered into the house.

"Now," he said, "About your son."

Snowan's breath caught in her throat.

"What?!" She could only frantically whisper the word. She knew she should have never let him in. Now it was too late.

She was so confused. Perhaps he was a kinapper? But then why would he bother to show up at the front door? A slave trader maybe, here to capture a strong young boy. That still made no sense. She wished Obidan were here. Just then, Obi-Wan entered the den. Snowan was filled with fear. Now was the man's chance, but he made no move towards Obi-Wan. Everyone was still.

"Please, let us sit and talk." the man said.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||