YOUNG FORCE: Part 3

by:  Rabe
Feedback to:  rabe_1@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Obi-Wan's proud parents were anxious to get home and call him by his righful name. Though it seemed a little awkward at first, it soon rolled off their tongues. Obi-Wan himself seemed satisfied enough with the name, though all of it he could pronounce was a burble of "Obi Obi" over and over again. He would learn it soon enough.


The next morning, Obidan awakened to the flashing light and soft buzz of an incoming transmission from the hol-board. He tried not to wake Snowan. He made his way across the room mashed the receive button. The image of his brother Karn flashed before him on the platform.

"Brother" he said with pleading, urgent eyes. "It's our father."

"What Karn, what is it?" Obidan prompted, the fear rising in his now.

"Father's house has been destroyed by fire. He has been badley burned but is doing well. Though I do live in his village, I cannot leave my farm to care for him. I will need your help."

"Of course, Karn. What do you need?"

Obidan said. He couldn't bear the thought of his dear father Ben suffering. He'd done his share of that, living alone for the past six years since the death of his wife, Lis.

Ben had insisted on living alone and being completely independant. Obidan had always felt it was not a good idea.

"Well, I and my hands can work on rebuild his house in our spare time away from the crops, but someone is needed to care for father while his wounds heal. He is very weak."

Obidan didn't give it a second thought.

Quickly, he began to pack his things. He must leave immediately. Snowan woke and together, they rewatched the message. Obidan decided to take Owen with him. He and Obi-Wan had only seen their grandfather several times and he would immensely enjoy the journey. And the time with Obidan. Before the sun had risen, Obidan had taken Owen, kissed Obi-Wan's soft cheek, and bid Snowan and his home farewell.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||