YOUNG FORCE: Part 2

by:  Rabe
Feedback to:  rabe_1@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


After their meal, she put her little son to bed. He reached up to her with his tiny finger and grabbed her wrist. She loved him so much. She stared at him, hoping to see herself. Yes, she definitely wanted him to be like her. She also wanted to see some part of her in Owen, but it had been obvious right from the start that his mannerisms belonged soley to his father. She turned and walked from the room as she watched him close his lovely eyes and sleep.

Snowan, Obidan, and Owen went for a walk, despite the fact that the temperature was dropping. They enjoyed what was left of the greenery that was now folding up for winter. The area they lived in, somewhat in the suburbs of the city of Guche, was unusually lush, while Cress was maily rolling plains. She and Obidan walked on as Owen stopped to investigate a falled sapling off to the right of the path. Snowan thought that now would be a good time to discuss the matter of their son's name with Obidan. She wasn't afraid to bring it up, for Obadin was a meek as a rabbit, but strong and fair. He was sturdy, but not at all intimidating. And he loved her.

"Obadin..." She began.

"Yes?" He answered quickly as he seemed to see she was concerned. He could never bear the thought of anyting troubling her.

"Our son...he needs a name." She said.

"Indeed so." Obidan responded. "He is already growing into a fine young boy."

"Have you considered anything?" Snowan asked.

"No. I haven't." Obidan lied. He had mused over his sons name many times. Owen had been named for Snowan's father and he'd hoped to have this son named for him.

"Well", Snowan started. "I've been considering Macen, after my brother."

Genuine regret registered on Obidan's face. He tried not to show his disappointment. Snowan had known him for more than 18 years, so he couldn't deceive her. She read his face completely, picking thought after thought from his every feature.

"Or..."she continued "We could simply call him Obidan, after you."

"Oh, no." Obidan returned sincerely, for he was honorable. "I could not take the honor away from your brother."

The regret did not vanish from his face. Snowan could see that Obidan wanted desperately for the child to be named after him. She could see the love for him in his eyes. She felt it. The bond between father and son was strong. For one blinding moment, it made her jealous. But it vanished completely as quickly as it had come. Obidan looked at her with the hopeful face of a child. She smiled.

"Let him be named for you."

"Only if you..." Obidan started, but Snowan cut him short.

"It will be as it should. You are his father." She said.

"What exactly then." Obidan said. "Not my name exactly, but something similar." Obidan was clearly excited. His eyes fixed expectantly on Snowan as she made her suggestion.

"Obi." She whispered.

Obidan gazed at the ground as he turned the name over in his mind. It grew on him every second.

"Obi. The first three letters of my name." He said. "Wan. The last three letters of yours. Just as you and I are the others beginning and end, let our named both be recognized in our son's. "

Snowan, her eyes producing emotional tears, was first to breathe their son's title: "Obi-Wan."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||