YOUNG FORCE: Part 1

by:  Rabe
Feedback to:  rabe_1@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


The woman sat down gratefully in her modest kitchen. Time to prepare the next meal. She was weary in mind and body, but not in spirit. Her son toddled into the room, instantly lifting her heart. She anxiously grabbed him up in her arms and cradled him there for a moment. Though he was already two years old, he had not yet been named. It was not abnormal for parents on the planet of Cress to ponder a child's name for up to a year after birth, but never two years. People often questioned their slowness in selecting a name, which was a very significant condition on Cress. They just shrugged it off. To them, he was "son". Nothing mattered more than that name. As she stood up and opened the food cabinets, her husband and other son came throught the door. Her husband, a medium sized man with brown hair and eyes, a supervisor at the local farmer's market, hung up his overcoat. She greeted them with a broad smile and quickly closed the door as the cool air rushed in. Winter was approaching swiftly on Cress.

Snowan looked around and felt completely satisfied. She'd had a good life, starting with her full childhood, her happy marriage to Obidan Lars, the birth of her first son, Owen, and then the arrival of her second happy child.

"Oh mother!" Owen gasped as he ran up to her. "You would have been so proud of me! Today at work, father left me alone in the warehouse while he went to do take care of something, and while he was gone, a prarie tiger somehow got in."

Snowan stiffened at his words. Had her son been in real danger?

"Owen!" She gasped.

"Listen mother! I got the hidden emergency vibro-shiv from the cabinet before it could get too close. I killed it before it could hurt anyone or eat any of the fruit, and I did it all by myself!"

Snowan didn't know what to think. Obidan laughed and hugged Owen.

"That you did, son." Obidan said.

He looked at Snowan as if to tell her not to scold Owen for dangerously facing the tiger alone, just to let that part go.

Snowan must admit she was impressed.

"You are a brave boy, Owen. I'm very proud of you." She gushed.

And it was the truth. She listened as he continued to tell her all about the rest of the day he spent at work with his father, whom he adored. Owen, while only 7, was shaping up to be as simple, resourceful, and single minded as his father, and every bit as brave, as he'd proven today.

He and his father then went down the hall, and she could here them speaking to her other little son and she could hear him laughing as Owen tickled him.

She suddenly wondered how her younger son would grow to be: Perhaps like Owen and Obidan, or maybe quiet and reflective like his grandmother, like herself even, eager to please, yet shy and polite. Or perhaps, she thought with a frown, like his great-grandfather, Tam. Though he was her grandfather, she'd only seen him once, though stories and rumors filled her ears all her childhood. She knew he was rash and impatient. This much about him was certain: He'd been approached as a 5 year old and, as the rumor went, practically forced away from his family to train in the Jedi Temple. He was an apt pupil, and though his parents rarely saw him, he made them very proud. He was eventually Knighted, but fell out with the Jedi Council when, on a whim, he abandoned a mission to Dantooine and married a runaway slave from Kessel. He began to feel that he should work a little harder towards his own personal gain. He was not heard from in nearly a year. The Council feared he'd turned to the Dark Side. His family feared he was dead. When he reappeared before the Council, now with a wife and daughter, he intended to make everything right and continue his Jedi service. For he was indeed strong with the Force. Though he was truly sorry for his behavior, the Council, led by Yoda, immediately banished him. Had Tam turned to the Dark Side, he would have sought revenge on the Jedi.

But he did not. He felt terribly guilty. He moved his family out of the galaxy so that he might never have to face the Council again. He never even spoke of that part of his life. Only once did Tam revisit that galaxy. It was when he was nearly 90 years old and he attended a birthday celebration on Cress for his little grandaughter, Snowan. He died not even a month later, having basically shut himself away from his wife and daughter. She herself carried a grudge against the Jedi and accused them of mentally scarring her father and forcing him into exile.

Snowan sighed. She had no use for any Jedi herself. Perhaps, if it weren't for them and their strict ways, she would have known her grandfather. It was truly a fantasic story, but she needn't worry. Nothing that extraordinary could ever touch her little son.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||