WRITTEN IN THE STARS: Part 1

by:  Sunshine
E-mail address with held at author's request.
Any feedback to:  tpool@unbounded.com
and it will be passed on to the author



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment purposes and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Not to be archived without permission of the author(s).


On an extremely humid afternoon, an afternoon so hot that people initially persuaded themselves to drink cool glasses of iced lemonade and stay inside where it was air conditioned, a slender, frail-looking maid opened the massive French doors that led to the garden beyond and immediately her wide, intensifying green eyes took in the amazing sights. The blood red roses, snow white lilies, and violet-tinted lilacs; a small hummingbird sipping daintily from a rose petal while a few flies buzzed around him nonchantly; the bubbling brook that seemed to twist forever until it tumbled over into a frothy, rainbow-speckled cascade; the broad oaks, tall pines, and slender birches that stood bravely while spotted fawns, chattering squirrels, and timid rabbits frolicked beneath on the lush green grass. Her beauty-loving eyes saw this and more.

She was a natural believer in the fact that beauty was in high, snowy mountains, arid deserts, wet, humid tropical rainforests, vast plains, icy tundras, on isolated islands, shimmering lakes and raging seas, and even in towns and cities. It was near to impossible but she could even see the beauty in a run-down shack.

She was a beautiful girl with long, curly light brown hair, a high, white forehead, long, dark eyelashes, high, delicately carved cheekbones, a narrow, slightly upturned nose, and a wide, curving mouth. She was sensitive and timid by nature but occasionally she could be stubborn and courageous at the most unusual times and she was friendly to strangers, friends, relatives, and animals alike. She was the most open-minded, kind, sweet, gentle, innocent, polite, trustworthy, and honest person you could ever meet.

All of a sudden her mind clouded and a slate gray, anvil-shaped tunderhead appeared over her and rain pounded unmercifully upon her and lightening threatened to strike her, coming closer every minute while the thunder made a loud crescendo in the heavens. But as quickly as it had come it had disappeared, but Anna Robinson, the lady of the house, had come running into the living room, startled by the young girl's strangled cry.

"What is it, Larissa?" she asked with a touch of bitterness, obviously annoyed with her servant's discomfort.

"In my imiganation a thunderhead appeared over my head and it started raining and lightening. It seemed like it was trying to take me from this planet. Maybe it's the Martians," she added, biting her lower lip, thinking about the promised attack that would come from Earth's neighbor planet, Mars.

"A hallicunation," the stern woman snapped. "You've been having those of late, and apparently it's proven you can't work in this condition. You will be required to have the rest of the afternoon off, Larissa but be back here at six sharp tomorrow morning. If you're not you will be let go."

"Yes, ma'am," she replied meekly, turning away from Anna so she wouldn't see the raw tears that had begun to sting her eyes. She knew that the lady, if the name fitted such a woman, wouldn't listen about the attack or her reasons; she would simply brush them off as if they were a bunch of annoying flies.

Anna grunted with satisfaction and silently left the room, leaving a distraught, angered girl behind.

"Bitch," Larissa muttered under her breath as she too turned and walked out of the room.


A small spaceship hovered over Earth, it's occupants debating whether or not to fly in the planet's atmosphere and as usual this was greeted with curse words, grunts, and angered shouts.

"Is it safe?" young Anakin ventured cautiously. He knew that Obi-Wan was still suffering in grief after his master's death and had become more snippier than usual.

"It doesn't matter, Annie," the young man replied impatiently. "We were sent here to protect Earth from Martian attack and we won't leave until we fulfill our destiny. Dammit, if Qui-Gon were here he'd know what to do."

Anakin, Jar-Jar, and Queen Amidala glanced at each other because it was the first time the newly appointed Jedi Master had mentioned his own master since they left Naboo. Now all they had to do was cheer him up, assuming the headstrong, stubborn man would listen to reason.

"Obi-Wan," Amidala began, her usually calm voice cracking a little, "we all know how upset you are, but we feel Qui-Gon's loss too. We feel grief and despair, depression and agony, but we've managed to move on. I wish you would do the same."

"He wasn't your damn master for over twenty years. He wasn't a long friend to you. You don't know what pain or agony is, Your Highness. You've saved your planet, you know who your parents are, you have it easy, you even know who you're going to marry. Look at me, twenty-five and don't even know what I'm going to do for the rest of my life besides train Anakin."

The young boy who hadn't figured out the difference between reality and anger in another's voice became hysterical. "I'm a burden to you!" he cried. "After waiting for what seems forever I'm not really going to be a Jedi Knight! How could-"

His outburst was temporarily cut off by Obi-Wan's strong hand over his mouth, but he still fidgeted a little. "I didn't mean it that way, Annie," he apologized. "I will train you. I was just saying that I have the urge to settle down with a woman and start a family of my own. Believe me, my young one, I would never break my promise to you."

Jar-Jar immediately sighed with relief and did an imitation of a laugh in his alien race. "Messo agree wit, Obi-Wan. Yous gonna be a yung Jedi somedays."

"So we're agreed that we will go through Earth's atmosphere?" Amidala asked hopefully.

"Yep," an eager Anakin answered for all of them. "Fly in low...Master."


As Larissa glanced up at the speedily disappearing sun she swore she saw a ray of sunlight glinting off of metal and quickly covered her hand with her mouth to hold back her brewing scream and disappeared behind a massive oak tree as the spaceship landed right in front of her. Her brows knitted together as she realized how far she wandered into the country and hoped frantically that someone would hear her scream if the occupants decided to rape her, rob her, or murder her. And pray that they would have sense enough to call the police in case they should suffer the same fate if they tried to take them on single-handedly.

She watched as a young blond boy appeared first, then a young girl, perhaps a few years younger than herself in elobrate clothes, suggesting that she was some important person, some alien creature that she had never seen, and then a stern-faced, handsome rogue descended after the alien and Larissa forgot to breathe. Although he was fully clothed, dressed in pants tied with a sash and wearing a tunic, he was still handsome, even with that pigtail hanging over his right shoulder.

She watched, fascinated as the alien sniffed in the air and announced happily, "This'm air is cleans. Messo thenk messo gonna like it heres."

"What's the matter, Master?" Anakin asked, looking up at Obi- Wan's handsome face that was distorted with concentration.

"I sense someone else is here." He closed his eyes to get a better picture. "A young woman, five years younger than me. She's a brunette with green eyes and is slender. She's a timid, kind woman with the need to love everybody." He opened his eyes and added, "She's behind that tree."

Larissa had been enchanted by his voice and had barely heard his exact words until the last, then she managed a cautious glance around the corner and then pulled her head back when the handsome rogue turned in her direction only to come face to face with the alien. She screamed, a high-pitched, earth-shattering scream and hurried backward, only to trip over a root and land on her butt.

"Messo sory, miss," the downcast alien apologized. "Messo din't mean ta scare yous like tat."

"It's okay..." she faltered, realizing she didn't know his name.

"His name is Jar-Jar Binks," the man replied. "This young boy is Anakin Skywalker, the girl is Queen Amidala, and I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master to Annie and sent here to protect your planet from alien invasion. Do you know where Larissa Maxwell is? We're supposed to meet her here."

She smiled, a smile Obi-Wan had to admit was damn attractive. "You're talking to her, but I wasn't expecting you guys until tomorrow."

"You're Larissa?" he asked in disbelief. If she was an ugly, shameless girl who was no more than a whore he could have ignored her and continued on the pressing businees, but the fact that she was extremely sexy, polite, and resembled an angel wouldn't make his job easier. Oh well, he would have to deal with the consequences.

"Yes," she replied.

"Oh man, little darlin', I didn't expect you to be so beautiful. You've got a slender body and I bet you're innocent where-"

"Stop, please. For your sake, mine, and Anakin's let's just leave our relationship on a business basis. First of all, because that's what you're supposed to do and second of all, because I've been betrayed before."

"And because you don't want little ears to hear about what goes on between a man and a woman, do you, baby?"

The pet name shocked her and it took her a couple of minutes to recover before she answered. "Basically, yes. Obi-Wan, you have a responsibility to do and if you're afraid that your army-"

"I'm not afraid," he interrupted, clearly upset by her lack of interest in him. "The only thing I'm afraid of is losing you to a male slut, a womanizer, or a rapist. Other than that I'm not afraid of anything."

"Obi-Wan," she said tiredly," you have to understand that I don't share your enthusiam. The Martians are vicious, aggressive aliens and want to wipe out the planet, if not the galaxy or universe. They would rather have you feel fear or pain than happiness and joy. It seems to always fall in their rights. You must understand this or we have already lost the battle."

"Sweet angel," he murmered lovingly. "You don't know my power, do you?" After she shook her head he continued. "I'm a Jedi Knight, a master to Anakin who's a Jedi-in-training and can use the Force. I assure you I'm not afraid and if these tough assholes want to meet someone tougher who will tear them down until there's nothing left to remind anyone of them but their shit, send me in. I will fight until my last breath if it comes to that, but believe me, I'll fight. I'll rip their ears off, punch their noses in, poke their eyeballs out-"

"Okay!" Larissa cried wearily. "Enough with the violence already! Obi-Wan, you're far too aggressive and strong, I fear. Please, do this the polite and clean way, without having to spill blood, if nesscery. I have to admit that I won't be able to wait to watch you in action-"

"Can't wait to see me in action, huh?" he mocked, raising his eyebrows. "If you can't wait that long, love, climb aboard and maybe we can find a secluded spot where we can-"

"I swear if you say one thing about seducing me, you jackass I'll scream rape so loud that the whole universe will be able to hear. Believe me, I will."

Anakin, Jar-Jar, and Amidala who had been watching silently and open-mouthed began laughing hysterically and tried their best not to trip over each other, shouting pharases from the conversation.

"A secluded spot!" Amidala cried, hiccuping from female giggles.

"Screaming rape so loud the whole universe will hear!" Anakin hooted.

"Obi-Wan so's much tufer then the aliens!" Jar-Jar supplied laughingly.

"Okay, okay, that's enough of this silliness," Amidala announced, the first to recover. "You may go on, dear." She geastured for Larissa to continue.

"Thank you," the young woman huffed angrily. "Now, Obi-Wan-"

Before she could continue his strong arms were wrapped around her and he pulled her close until her cheek hit his taut, muscled chest. He wrapped her arms around his neck so she was defenseless and started massaging her hips until they pressed against his and lifted his hand slowly to the zipper on her jeans and began to unzip them but one of her hands interfered.

"Not here," she whispered.

"Later we will," he told her, not threatening her but promising her. "We will, baby."

Angered and humiliated by her defenses being knocked down a few seconds ago she turned around and called sharply to them to hurry up. All of them followed: a seemingly indifferent Jar-Jar Binks, a giggling Queen Amidala, a throughly confused Anakin Skywalker, and a fully aroused Obi-Wan Kenobi.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||