THE VISITOR: Part 8

by:  Cheshire Cat and Mystery Jedi
Feedback to:  cheshire_cat78@yahoo.com
and mystery_jedi@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the authors.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the authors.


The next two weeks passed in relative tranquility, largely because Qui-Gon had placed the two Padawans under martial law.

One morning, Qui-Gon sat, reclining on the settee, reading. Obi-Wan and B'Jara sat on opposite sides of the room, each intent on studying - or at the very least, pretending to study.

The door chime sounded. With a faint sigh, Qui-Gon went to answer it.

"Finnae! Am I ever glad to see you," Qui-Gon said. It was B'Jara's Master, home from his mission.

Finnae seemed to be slightly surprised. "Has something happened?" He asked, confused.

The corner of Qui-Gon's mouth quirked. "You could say that," he said softly.

B'Jara sprang up from the desk where she had been studying. "Master!" She cried, throwing herself into his arms.

Finnae patted her back awkwardly. "Here now, B'Jara. What's wrong?"

"Uh," Qui-Gon began. "Why don't we all go have a seat?"

Finnae looked at Qui-Gon questioningly. Qui-Gon shrugged.

When all four of them were seated around the living room, Qui-Gon began by saying: "B'Jara, why don't you tell your Master what you got up to?"

B'Jara looked up at her Master, large eyes pooling with unshed tears. She sniffled. "I'm sorry, Master. I just wanted to see a little of the city. I didn't mean to get in trouble. I didn't know it was against the rules."

"You did too!" Obi-Wan exclaimed. "I told you. I told you we shouldn't leave, but no! You had to go out and 'see a little of the city,' didn't you?" Two weeks of pent-up aggression had taken its toll on the young man.

"Easy, Padawan," Qui-Gon warned softly.

"Master, I-"

"Padawan Kenobi," Finnae began. "Just what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that B'Jara dragged me out of the Temple in the middle of the night. She even pulled rank on me and ordered me to go with her. She stole a credit chip from my room and we took a taxi to this club. Then she off and disappears with some random guy!"

B'Jara started to cry. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. /Does she always have to be the drama queen?/

B'Jara looked up at her Master, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I just wanted to have some fun," she sniffled.

He rose in one smooth motion, hauling the still-sniffling B'Jara to her feet. "Get your things, my girl. Now."

She nodded, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. She returned a few moments later, carrying a satchel.

Finnae's face hardened. He turned to Qui-Gon. "My apologies for inflicting pain upon your household, Master Jinn," he began formally. "This will not happen again."

The corner of Qui-Gon's mouth quirked as he bowed in return. "Be well, Finnae. May the Force be with you."

"And with you," Master Finnae replied.

As the door swished shut behind them, Qui-Gon turned to his own Apprentice.

"Well, Padawan, I learned something today."

"Master?"

Qui-Gon tossed one arm around Obi-Wan's shoulders. "I'm lucky to have you, brat."

Obi-Wan looked up at his Master. "Does that mean I'm not confined to quarters any more?"

Qui-Gon considered for a moment. He took a deep breath. "Are you going to be sneaking out again any time soon?"

"Well," Obi-Wan began with a smirk. "I don't have any plans at the moment…"

Qui-Gon chuckled. He ruffled his Padawan's hair. "Well, I suppose, if you promise to be good…"

"Master, you make it sound like I'm three."

Qui-Gon looked down at his Apprentice. He quirked an eyebrow. "Padawan, what you did was extremely irresponsible."

"Yes, Master." Obi-Wan bowed his head, prepared for another lecture.

"However, sometimes your maturity makes me forget that you're only thirteen. I, too, did some pretty stupid things at thirteen. To which Master Yoda will undoubtedly add more if you ask him," Qui-Gon paused, rubbing his hand over his face. "So, in answer to your original question, yes, Padawan, you are no longer confined to quarters. I trust you've learned your lesson?"

"Yes, Master."

"Excellent. Now run along, Obi-Wan. I'm sure your friends have missed not seeing you for the past couple of weeks."

Obi-Wan looked up at his Master and grinned. "Yes, sir!"


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||