THE VISITOR: Part 7

by:  Cheshire Cat and Mystery Jedi
Feedback to:  cheshire_cat78@yahoo.com
and mystery_jedi@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the authors.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the authors.


B'Jara sat down on the edge of the couch, attempting to hide her nervous hands so not to give herself away.

Qui-Gon watched the girl with a nod. He knew Obi-Wan was telling the truth. The boy has never lied to him before and he knew it. He wasn't about to accuse the girl outright; he had to wait for her to tell him. He had been waiting since she had arrived here.

"Of course you both know that lying to a Jedi Master is one of the worse offenses," He started. They both nodded. He watched B'Jara glance downward as she nodded. "It is the first wrong step towards the dark side. Stirring up trouble because of one's boredom will always come back tenfold to the one who starts it."

B'Jara fidgeted nervously, keeping an eye on the door.

The Jedi Master watched both of them closely. Obi-Wan watched his Master unblinking.

"Obi-Wan claims you were with him when you went to the dance club, yet you claim you were here all night. B'Jara, Obi-Wan has never lied to me so far and I would hate to think he has recently started. I seem to have a dilemma. Any suggestions?" Qui-Gon asked.

When neither of them answered he said: "Well I guess I have no choice but to send you both before the Council. I'm sure Master Yoda would know who's telling the truth and who's not."

"NO!" B'Jara yelled out suddenly. "I ... uh...mean that's not necessary." She stuttered when they both looked at her curiously.

"Do you have a better idea how to solve this then?" He asked again.

"All right then, let's go..." He started when she didn't answer.

"No, wait.... please." She pleaded softly.

Qui-Gon turned to the reluctant girl who couldn't seem to meet his gaze. B'Jara glanced over at Obi-Wan, who had a pleading look in his eyes.

"Oh stop it, Obi-Wan. Don't give me that heartbreaking look." She snapped.

"B'Jara?" Qui-Gon asked.

B'Jara flopped down on her back covering her face.

"B'Jara..." The Jedi Master urged.

She got up suddenly, turning her back to them, lowering her head. Qui-Gon gently spun her around, lifting her chin and forcing her to look at him.

"Is there something you'd like to tell me, dear?" He asked softly. Qui-Gon watched as B'Jara's chin quivered slightly.

"I ...I lied to you." She whispered, looking down again.

"I know, B'Jara. I know." He told her reassuringly.

She glanced up at him surprised. "Huh?"

"Now, what else do you have to tell me?" The Jedi Master asked.

B'Jara swept a piece of hair from her eyes, attempting to speak. "I told Obi-Wan to go to the dance club with me." She glanced over at Obi-Wan again who smiled at her. She rolled her eyes at him continuing. "He didn't even want to go, he complained practically the whole time."

"I see."

"I also started the food fight." She finished.

"Well, young lady, I'm glad you have decided to speak out. Now, for the remaining two and a half weeks you are here, you shall have the same punishment as Obi-Wan."

"Yes, sir." She sighed.

"But Master!" Obi-Wan protested violently.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes for a long moment before saying, "Yes, Padawan?"

"Now that you know it wasn't my fault…" He trailed off, uncertain of how to ask his Master to alleviate his punishment.

"Obi-Wan, are you suggesting that I lower your punishment because this was all B'Jara's fault?"

Obi-Wan nodded.

"Padawan, did you or did you not allow B'Jara to talk you into doing something you knew was wrong?"

"I did, Master," Obi-Wan nearly whispered.

"Then you have your answer, Padawan."

"But-"

"No buts, Obi-Wan. I don't want to hear another word." He turned towards B'Jara. "From either of you."

"Yes, Master Qui-Gon," both of them chorused.

"Obi-Wan, I believe I said you were to have extra lessons."

Obi-Wan winced. "Yes, Master."

"Very well. Go get your texts."

Obi-Wan sighed dejectedly, but obeyed.

Qui-Gon looked at B'Jara. "Did you bring any lessons with you?"

She nodded. She was afraid to open her mouth for fear she'd lose her composure. She did not want Qui-Gon to see her cry.

"Very well. Go get them."

She nodded again and walked down the hall to Obi-Wan's room.


Obi-Wan looked up as she entered. He was digging through his closet, looking for the data pad that contained his astro-nav text.

"This is all your fault," he hissed at her.

"Shut up, Obi-Wan."

"No, I will not shut up! I wouldn't even be in this mess if it weren't for you."

"Look, okay, I told you I was sorry."

"You are not sorry. I'll bet you did this on purpose, but now that you've gotten caught, you're not so high and mighty any more, are you?"

A cough from the doorway made them both turn, startled.

"I believe I said I didn't want to hear another word from either of you." Both Padawans blushed a deep red. Qui-Gon stood aside and they filed out of the room.

Qui-Gon pulled back a chair from the kitchen table. "Obi-Wan, sit here."

"Yes, Master."

Qui-Gon walked across to his desk, which sat against one wall. "B'Jara, I want you to sit here."

"Yes, Master Qui-Gon," she said quietly.

"Now," said Qui-Gon. "You will sit and you will study. If you have questions, you may ask me, otherwise, I don't want to hear a single word. Is that perfectly clear?" His voice was mild, but held a note of iron that brooked no argument. Obi-Wan had come to recognize it in the short time they'd spent together. He heard it often.

Both Padawans nodded, for once struck dumb by the sheer power emanating from the Jedi Master.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||