THE VISITOR: Part 2

by:  Cheshire Cat and Mystery Jedi
Feedback to:  cheshire_cat78@yahoo.com
and mystery_jedi@yahoo.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the authors.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the authors.


"Greetings Master Jinn. I bring the gratitude of my Master with me." The voice belonged to fifteen year old B'Jara. She bowed respectfully to Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon smiled at her. "Be welcome, Padawan B'Jara. This is my Apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi." Qui-Gon nudged the reluctant boy forwards. Obi-Wan's first impression of B'Jara had already been sullied by the fact that he had to give up his room. He put on a polite front, however. Apparently some of Qui-Gon's diplomacy training was paying off.

Obi-Wan bowed slightly. By virtue of her age, she was his senior and he had to respect that. But he'd be damned if he was going to give her a single drop more than he had to.

Qui-Gon turned to his somewhat reluctant Apprentice. "Obi-Wan, I think it would be a good idea if you showed B'Jara to her quarters and then took her to the dining hall."

Obi-Wan's eyes opened wide and a frantic, panic stricken look fluttered briefly across his features.

"Yes, Master," he managed to choke out.

Five minutes later found the two Padawans walking side by side down the hall.

"So, Obi-Wan," B'Jara began, "What do the people around here do for fun?"

"Fun?"

"Yeah. You do know what fun is, don't you?"

"Of course I know what fun is," Obi-Wan said irritably. "But you live here too, don't you?"

"Master Finnae and I have been working on a settlement on Donis Tertius for the past four years. So, no, I don't live here. Not really. I was chosen at eleven. We didn't get out much at eleven."

"Yeah," said Obi-Wan noncommittally.

"You never answered my question, Obi-Wan. What do you like to do for fun?"

"Well," Obi-Wan began slowly. "There's the river that runs through the compound. My friends and I go swimming sometimes when we've finished our studies."

"Studies? You mean like real classes?"

"Mm hmm."

"So you have to turn stuff in on deadlines and all?"

"Mm hmm."

"Wow."

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. She was annoying the Sith out of him.

"What happens if you don't turn it in on time?" B'Jara asked, eyes wide.

"Well, if you and your Master are away on a mission or something, you're supposed to turn it in when you get back. But some of the missions don't allow for study time, so as long as you have a good excuse, it's okay."

"But if you're still here?"

"Then you get points taken off. Or sometimes if it's not in on time you don't get credit at all. It depends on who's teaching," Obi-Wan answered.

She looked shocked. "But…but what about a social life?"

Obi-Wan sighed. He'd never met so vapid a Jedi before. "I don't really have one," he answered honestly. "I mean, I have friends and all, but it's been ages since I left the Temple to do anything other than for a mission."

"Well," said B'Jara with a gleam in her eyes, "We'll just have to rectify that little problem."


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||