UNSEEN ENEMY: Part 1

by:  Padawan Kira
Feedback to:  Pixie754@aol.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


When Obi-Wan finally reached his quarters for some rest, his mind hadn't quieted. He could still see Qui Gon's face when he had struck Bruck down. The surprised yet dissapproving face of the Master as the tight blue blade sliced through the younger boys chest. The way he had shaken his head and left the arena swiftly after the match.

Obi-Wan knew that what he had done was inexcusable, but he also knew that Qui Gon felt sorry for him. The master knew that Bruck had taunted him, and that Obi-Wan had only struck out of a certain self-defense. But that was still no excuse.

Trying desperately to force himself to forget the almost sad look on the masters faces, the young boy hauled himself into bed and buried his nose into the soft sheets. He didn't even try to hold back the tears of embarrassment, anger, and most of all, the feeling of failure. He had let Qui Gon down. Even though the boy had almost no chance of being chosen his padawan, he still felt that there was a very special connection between them.

And Master Yoda. Obi-Wan lowered his head, a chargrined look plastered onto his normally acute boyish face. He had dissappointed Yoda most of all. After all he had taught him. All the lessons, meditations, and hard work the two had been through together. It almost felt as though Yoda was the father that Obi-Wan never had.

Since he was taken from his dying parents at the young age of 4 months, Obi-Wan's parents were Master Windu and Master Yoda. The two had stayed by his side his entire boyhood, and now all of that hard work that the three had accomplished together for the past 13 years was all desintigrated.

"I'm sorry." he whispered softly as his tears engulfed him into a sleep of horror.


**"I'm telling you, the boy is dangerous! He strikes feircly, not with ease or prescision. He will be turned!"

Qui Gon turned to the window of the temple's high council room and sighed. "I will not take him as my Padawan."

Yoda shook his head. "A stubborn one you are, Qui Gon."

The younger man smiled thinly. "It's an aquired trait."

"A fine student, Obi-Wan is. Looks up to you, he does." Yoda's voice crackled.

Qui Gon shrugged. "We shall see at the tournament this afternoon."

"We shall."


"Obi-Wan? Hurry up! It's almost time for the tournament!!" Bant rushed down the hall of the great temple as her best friend tagged along at her heels. He was not very pleased.

"Bant?!? I have a whole half hour 'till I have to be there!!" Obi-Wan growled as he was dragged up one corridor and down another. "Hey! I do wanna keep my wrist attached to the rest of me, you know!"

Finally, Bant stopped. Obi-Wan toppled over as she quickly dropped his arm and bowed deeply. "Good afternoon, Master Qui Gon."

"Good afternoon."

Obi-Wan shot up from the floor and also bowed. "Good aftenoon, master Qui Gon."

The master smiled politely and nodded. "Good afternoon Obi-Wan."

The younger boy cocked his head. "How do you know my name?" He instantly regretted asking.

"Master Yoda has told me much about you."

"I'm sorry for all of my questions, sir. I mean no disrespect."

Qui Gon laughed. "None taken, Obi-Wan." He checked the time and spun quickly on his heel. "You'd better hurry, or you'll be late for the tournament."

"Yes sir." he turned as well. "Will you be attending the match?"

The master nodded. "Yes, I will. I guess I shall see you there, young one."

Obi-Wan bowed. "Yes master. Goodbye."

"Goddbye Obi-Wan. Bant."

Bant bowed and grabbed Obi-Wan's arm once more. "Come on! We have to hurry!"

"Oh no."

Once more, the girl started running.

"Oww!! Bant!! SLOW DOWN!!"

She turned and looked at him. "Do you want to be late and ruin all your chances of being chosen as Qui Gon's padawan?"

The boy lowered his head. "N-"

"I didn't think so." She continued running.

Obi-Wan laughed. "You didn't even let me finish!"

"I knew what you were gonna say. You don't have to be a space pirate to know what you've been thinking about the past two weeks!"

"Oh yeah."

Before the two could say bantha, they were standing outside the great arena in which Obi-Wan's match was to take place.

"Wow."

"I'll say." Obi-Wan looked up at the seats of the great masters. He saw Yoda, Master Windu, and master Qui-Gon all watching from their assigned seats in the balcony.

Suddenly, his insides turned to mush. "What if I don't owe up to his standards? What if I'm not good enough?"

Bant sighed. "Obi-Wan, if you aren't good enough, then I'm sure that hell will freeze over too."

"Cool."

"It was an expression, dumbass." Bant dragged the squirming boy into the arena just as the announcer came on.

*And now for our next match, Obi-Wan vs, Bruck!*

"BRUCK!?! Holy SHIT!"

"Obi-Wan, calm down, and go fight! Do it for me." Bant batted her long eyelashes and grinned.

He smiled back. "Anything for you, muffin."

"Muffin?"

"You heard me. Now go!" She pushed him forward.

He ran into the rink, and that's where the terror began...**


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||