FROM THE TALES OF RENT-A-JEDI: You and the Dark Master - A Testament of Love

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


You see Qui-Gon exiting Rent-A-Jedi agency. You run up behind him and hug him. Qui left your bed so early this morning, he didn't even say good bye.

"You didn't say good bye this morning." You purr.

The master turns around. His look is kind but there is something missing. He doesn't understand.

"Gabrielle." He smiles. "It is nice to see you again."

"My we are being formal." You giggle. "It is nice to see you too." You mock. He still looks at you with unfamiliarity. You reach out with your bond. He is not responding. It's scaring you.

"Qui what's wrong?" You frown. "You left so early."

Qui looks down and then shakes his head. "You have me confused with someone else. I am sorry."

"No. Don't be silly." You declare. There's something terribly wrong. "Last night you said we needed to talk. Is this why you're acting this way?"

"He hasn't told you yet." Qui clasped his hands. He exhales deeply.

Your chest heaves. You clear your throat, "Told me what?"

"We were together only once. After that, I did not share your bed." His hands disappear within the sleeves of his robe.

You hold up your hands, "What? Don't be silly. We have been together--."

"No Gabrielle." He explained with a sorrow filled expression, "We have been together only once. I am Qui-Gon Jinn but not the one you are thinking of. I give you my word as a Jedi that I am speaking the truth."

Your eyes are teary. "Then who was in my bed last night?" You render humbly.

"Me." A voice answers behind you.

You swing around to see an exact copy of the man standing before you. He stands in front of the door to the Rent-A-Jedi Complex, his robe billows in the breeze. The two men share every physical nuance from head to toe.

"Qui?" You hyperventilate. You turn to the Master in front of you. "I don't understand."

Djinn approaches you with silent grace. There is sadness in his eyes, "I wanted to tell you."

"Who are you?" You pull your hand away. He straightens.

"I am Qui-Gon Djinn."

Was this some kind of sick game? Who did your heart belong to? Who have you been giving yourself to all this time? "No." You point to Qui number one, "He is Qui-Gon Jinn. Who are you?!"

"I am the man you love." He answers quietly.

"I love..." Then it dawns on you. You have heard of the technology. The Order often did it in times of emergency or great war but now? During peacetime? "You're a clone? You're not real?"

Those last words cut him deeply. He looks away. Djinn stiffened and clasped his hands within his sleeves.

"I don't know what's going on here but I can't have anything to do with this." You bat away his approach. You shut your mind down not before projecting disgust and disapproval.

You hail an air taxi and head for your hotel. It was time to go back to Tellus.


Hours later, you slam your clothes into your cases. Your puffy eyes are still crying. Why did he lie to me? Why didn't he tell me? You slither to the floor.

Your heart ached. You loved him. You promised to love him. Did you promise to love a clone? A man taken from a cell in another man's body and grown in some sort of test tube? Though you weren't sure of the exact process, you know he wasn't born the old fashioned way. You pick yourself up and continue packing.

There is a tremor in your bond that makes your heart flutter. You grab your chest and stumble to the floor. The pain is profound. You catch your breath and hobble over to the pounding door.

"Alright alright." The door slides open. A furious Qui-Gon stands before you.

"Who are you?" You ask seriously.

He doesn't answer but storms in. "You have hurt him and therefore hurt me!" Qui-Gon roared.

"What are you talking about?!" You walk into your room to continue packing.

"Where is he?!!" Qui-Gon demanded

"I don't know! I've been here. Go find him yourself." You refuse to discuss this any further. This is too embarrassing too painful.

He grabs your arm, "You heartless bitch. He is closer to me than my own Padawan. I love him as I love myself. And I'll be damned if I let you ruin what we've built thus far."

"What?" You search his furious expression.

"He has problems with the council and his place within the Force. It is my fault." Qui losens his grip. "The day I went in I was filled with unresolved anger and guilt...he inherited these feelings as his first breath. His initial thoughts were rejection, loneliness and loss."

Qui paced staring at the floor, "They were experiences of my past, which became his present. You must understand, thoughts of this nature are a Jedi's enemy. He knows this, the council knows this and that is why he is on probation."

"Everyone has these thoughts." You zip your bag knowing the origin of your pain a moment ago. Your actions slow. The link you and he share dies slowly within you. Djinn is killing it.

"No. We cannot let these negative feelings overtake us. It is a path to the dark side. The council has stated that they can not risk another Jedi turning." Qui-Gon's deep timbered voice slows, "He is trying to find his place in this world. It is not an easy road traveled. Some of us have had decades to learn, others only a few years. If he fails--."

"Umm…" You scratch your head. New tears stream from your eyes, "I didn't know. I had no idea." You close your eyes. The last of your bond fades away, "I do love him. I do." You assert with a scratchy voice. "I-- I had no idea. We have to find him."


Djinn holds his glowing lightsaber before a cowering humanoid smuggler. Three unconscious bodies are strewn all around him. Their semi-dark ship rests on the windy platform within the forbidden zone of Coruscant. The Forbidden Zone is a place of abandoned buildings and dashed hopes where the bureaucrats never come and those who live here try their best to leave. He caught the smugglers illegally transporting slaves. It was pure chance that their drunken mouths let slip their bounty.

Djinn's hurt and anger with the world balled itself up into knot within his gut. His need to lash out was overwhelming. In one moment he lost the only person whom he ever loved. Gabrielle. She was his first love separate from his life with Jinn. And she like so many others rejected him when she found his true identity. Someone had to make the pain and hurt go away...or at least be made to suffer like he.

"I'm sorry. Please..." The man cried, "but you're a Jedi."

"And you're a common thief."

The man clawed at his own neck as his air passage constricted.

"How would you like to live the life of a slave." Djinn hissed.


You exit the transport following Jinn's lead. He'd been in a trance for most of the trip just telling you where to fly. You obeyed. You just wanted to find him.

Off in the foggy distance, you see two figures on the platform. One stands the other kneels. As you near them you notice the lightsaber in the standing man's grip.

"Gods," You mumble and take off running. "NO!! Qui please!!!"

He doesn't appear to hear you. Qui-Gon Jinn reaches him first. There is word play. Suddenly Jinn ignites his saber. They battle. "NO!!!" You run faster. The man on the ground grasping his throat scurries out of the way.

The two battle fiercely. Their emotional fury radiates outward. You need to stop them. You want to stop the man you love. You want to tell him you are sorry. You hope he will take you back.

You stop. They are dressed exactly alike. You need to tell them apart.

"Qui I love you." You say. They don't respond. You sink to your knees and close your eyes. Through your memories of his touch, his former bond with you, your love--you search for a clue. A tiny sliver of your connection remains. You feel it, just a hint. You open your eyes, suddenly being able to tell them apart. You feel and see echoes of your bond with Djinn surrounding him like a dim haze which is slowly fading to black.

Djinn's life belongs with the Jedi. Without them, his life would be over. You could never allow that to happen. Not because of your pettiness! You love him too much for such a sacrifice to be made. People need him, they need both of them. You are the only one that is not needed in this worthless battle.

Your gait is steady but determined. You walk into their path of battle. The arc of their sabers glow in the night. Jinn is not trying to kill but Djinn is. He must let go of his anger.

You stand directly in the path of Djinn's blade. He stops short before beheading you. You reach out through your bond.

"I'm sorry." You say moving closer as he pulls his blade away from you. "I love you. I always will. I made that promise. And I will keep it. But don't," You begin to sob, "hurt him. Hurt me. Please. Be angry with me. Not him. I betrayed you. Not him."

Djinn shook his head slowly. "No. You are right. I am not real. I never will be real. I am an aberration. So go away before you are hurt."

"You are a Jedi" You take one step toward him, he steps away, "always. Please don't throw that away."

"Gabrielle step aside." Djinn growls and raises his saber.

"No. I will not." You open your mind fully to him. Showing him all that you are, all of your ugly past, your hidden secrets. You flood his conscience.

He shakes his head as if to clear it.

"Brother. Come back to us." Qui says turning off his saber.

A wave of energy pushes you out of the way. Djinn attacks Qui. They resume their battle. You stagger to your feet. You see the humanoid pulling out a blaster and aiming it towards your lover.

"NO!" You scream and lunge in the beams path. You are hit in the chest.


Djinn turns off his saber feeling your wound. You approach him timidly. You send love through your bond once again. Djinn closes his eyes. Love comes back to you. You collapse to the ground.

Your vision is tunneling. You feel someone pulling you close. There is a wetness on your face. You focus your blurry vision. Djinn is holding you tightly crying. He kisses you.

"I love you." He says quietly. "Please don't leave me."

"I love you." You say in between stifled sobs. Breathing is getting hard. Your life force is slipping away. "Love him, do not fight…"

Your world goes black not before you hear your name.


You climb on to the bed and consequently upon a sleeping Qui- Gon Djinn. His face is peaceful, content. You stroke his beard and kiss his firm lips.

You sigh with contentment. It has been a week since you have been released from the hospital and two weeks since he and Djinn saved your life. Together they poured their Living Force into you to sustain you. All you remember is waking up in the hospital immediately, when in actuality it you were in a coma for four days. Now you are perfectly healthy.

Tomorrow your lover was going before the council and possibly away for deep contemplation for a couple of weeks. Upon his return, Jinn is going to see if he could arrange for Djinn to take on Obi-One as a padawan. He sensed they needed to find a route within the Force together. It was, as Master Jinn said, the natural order of things.

Of course the Djinn lying before you now was presently sleeping in the middle of the bed. And taking up most of it in the process. Qui-Gon wasn't exactly a little man. Six foot four is pretty big especially when it's stretched diagonally across a bed.

"Qui move over." You shake his shoulders. Nothing.

"Qui." No response except a giant snore big enough to suck the ceiling in.

"Okay. I know what's going to get you up." You place a hand which he has called icicles on many occasions under the sheets. You grin knowing he hates wearing clothes to bed.

GASP!! His eyes shoot open. You smile innocently and let go of his penis.

"Hi." You wave.

"Cold." He narrowed his eyes.

"Move over." You gesture.

He shakes his head.

"Why?"

"You know the rules." He yawns.

You role your eyes. He and his eccentricities, "Qui it's late."

"No. You're not getting in here until you take off your clothes." He motions at your thermal underwear.

"Qui. It's cold. The air won't turn off." You fold your arms and shiver.

"I don't care love. You're not getting in here." He makes himself comfortable on a pillow.

"Fine." You strip as he watches with a gratified expression. Your skin develops goose bumps and your nipples are at attention. You shiver, "Are you happy now?"

He pulls you under the warm sheets. His body is like a furnace radiating oodles of heat. You curl up into a ball trying to warm yourself.

"You're cold?" He whispers.

You nod quickly. A large muscular arm wraps around you and pulls you close. Your cool body is pulled next to his warm physique. He kisses the top of your head. You shiver again as his breathing slows. He warms your body with little effort.

"Better?" His voice is soft.

"Yes." You answer sweetly.

"Little one--"

You swivel to face him, "I love you too Master."

He kisses you with care. You fall asleep in his arms.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||