A NEW ARRIVAL: Part 1

by:  Judy Marchman
Feedback to:  willow_bend@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.  Sugar is inspired by a friend's cat, and yes, the cat is actually named Sugar.  Shara Kender and Rees Toth are used with the gracious permission of Aya. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!


“Meowrr?”

“Meowrr?”

“Rowrrr?”

“MEORRR?”

“I thought you said she’d go away if we didn’t respond,” grumped Shara Kender sleepily as she nestled in against Obi-Wan’s chest.

“She usually does,” he groaned. He rubbed his hand over his face. “But she knows you’re here so she’s being perverse. Sugar! Go away!”

Another meow, almost a “hmph,” then quiet.

“She’s probably just jealous. I know I would be,” Shara giggled into her lover’s shoulder. She made purring noises and began to lick his neck.

“Hey! That tickles,” Obi-Wan couldn’t repress a chuckle and played at trying to push her away. Shara took the opportunity to pounce on him and Obi-Wan captured her mouth in a fierce kiss. “Here, kitty, kitty, kitty,” he growled low, as his mouth moved to her neck, then began its trek lower.

“Mmmm,” Shara moaned, then pulled away and sat up. “Unh-uh,” Obi-Wan protested.

“Patience, Ben,” she chided, with an impish grin. Without warning, she pounced again, this time tickling him furiously. He gasped with laughter.

“Stop...stop, Shara, gods! Shara, stop...” Shara’s laughter joined his as her hands roamed all over his lovely backside and Obi-Wan began licking her stomach, tickling her with the Force.

Their frolicking came to an ubrupt end when an ungodly yowl issued from the living area. “What was that?” Shara asked, eyes wide. “Sounded like someone was trying to pull the ears off a gundark.”

“No,” Obi-Wan had already hopped off the bed and was pulling on pants. “That’s Sugar. Something’s wrong.”

“But I don’t sense anything,” said Shara. “Except...”

“Qui-Gon’s back.”

“But that wouldn’t upset the cat, would it?”

“No, he’s not what’s upsetting her.” Obi-Wan palmed open the door and virtually ran into the living area.

Shara stayed behind, getting dressed more slowly, but the exchange she heard provided a clear enough picture:

“What’s wrong with...? Oh, no! No, Master. No, no, no, and no!”--Ben

“Now, padawan, it’s a gift from the Urussean ambassador. For the negotiations we helped with last week. I couldn’t refuse. It would be a gross breach of protocol.”--Qui-Gon

“Well, can’t you just lose it somewhere?”--Ben

“Obi-Wan.” --stern Qui-Gon

“Did you hear Sugar? This...creature upset her.”--Ben

A sigh. “Sugar ran out before I could stop her. She’s probably made her way to Adi’s.”--Qui-Gon

“What? See, you frightened her off. Gods!”--angry Ben

“She’ll get used to him.”--placating Qui-Gon

“No, she won’t and neither will I.”--still angry Ben

“Padawan, you don’t have a choice. He’s staying.”--angry Qui-Gon

A sound of frustration. “I’m going to look for Sugar.”--Ben

Shara busied herself trying to get ready as Obi-Wan stormed back into his room. He grabbed his tunic and thrust it over his head, then began pulling on his boots. He definitely was in a temper. Having been away on a mission until two days ago, Shara hadn’t realized how much he had come to care for this cat, although several of his communiques had mentioned the animal’s antics.

“Damnit,” cursed Obi-Wan as he fiddled with a hook on his boot. “Why does he insist on making our quarters into a zoo?”

“He is very much in tune with the living Force, Ben. He loves creatures of all kinds and they him.” Shara tried to be soothing, but laughter was bubbling up. Ben looked so indignant.

“You’re laughing at me, I can tell,” he groused, giving her an evil glare.

“Yes. I am,” she said, putting on her most innocent face. Obi-Wan’s glare didn’t waver. “Well, on that note, I have to go.” She hooked her lightsaber to her belt. “More drills, you understand.”

“Sure, run out on me in my time of need,” Obi-Wan’s tone was sarcastic but he quirked a smile for her and pulled her close. “See you tonight?” He kissed her soundly.

“Of course,” Shara kissed him back, then left him to finish fighing with his boot.

In the living area, Shara grinned at Master Qui-Gon who sat crossed legged on the floor with a wriggling yellow ball of fur in his lap. All paws and ears, the creature, a canid species by the looks of it, was growling and grring in play, tongue lolling, as it wrestled with the chew toy Qui-Gon was holding.

“Hello, Shara,” Qui-Gon smiled. “Did you manage to calm him down?”

“I think so. For now. But he’s really quite attached to that cat. This will prove interesting.”

“Indeed. This is a Urussean canine. The equivalent of dogs here. And only a puppy at that. He’ll be good-sized when grown. Too large for this place, so I will have to find a good home for him before long....But Obi-Wan doesn’t have to know that, just yet.” He grinned mischievously.

“Ooo. I’m glad you’re not my master!” Shara laughed.

“Convey my greetings to Rees, will you?”

“Will do. See you later.” Then she was out the door.

Qui-Gon smiled down at the puppy, who now was chewing enthusiastically on the toy, slobber going everywhere. The Master Jedi didn’t seem to notice. He patted the puppy gently on the head. “Good dog.”


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||