SISTER: Part 4

by:  My-Gin-Gone
Feedback to:  Spacefan@cybergal.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  The character of Ardeth Fey is from the movie "The Mummy" which belongs to Universal Pictures.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Later on that afternoon, you try to ignore Indra's black eye. She does not address it and neither will you. Qui-Gon and Ardeth have gone into town on business leaving you here with your sister and her drunken husband. You and she fold the wash in silence. Has it always been this weird with her?

"Channie I need a favor," Indra says in a whisper. She places the clothes in neat piles on the dining room table.

"Yea."

"I wouldn't be asking you if it wasn't an emergency--"

"Dammit, where in the hell are my boots?!" Ray yells slurring his words. "Indra!"

"What is it Indie?" Your boy shifts inside of you.

"Ummm...things have been kind of tight lately and I..."

Ray swears in the background slamming things around in the bedroom.

"We..." She begins again, "need to borrow some money."

"How much?"

"Not a lot. Just enough to get us back on our feet."

"Sure," She is your sister. You want to help her.

Indra follows you to your purse. You pull out a data pad.

"This is a big help Channie."

You punch in the numbers for your security code and begin a transfer of credits.

"How much?"

She eyes you with innocently, "Fifty thousand."

"FIFTY!"

"Things have been tough."

"I can give you ten."

"TEN! That's it?!" She gestures around, "you live in the lap of luxury and you can only spare ten?"

"We are not independently wealthy. In case you've forgotten I am bonded with Jedi that means I'm the bread winner in this family. And right now I'm on reduced pay and I've got a baby coming real soon. Ten is all I can spare."

Embarrassed, Indra nods. "Thanks, we'll pay back every penny."

Though you love your sister, she has never been the reliable one in the family and you know you'll never see this money again. She gives the code to transfer it to their account.

"You sure Ardeth and Qui-Gon won't mind?"

"Money has very little meaning to them. It has it's uses but it does not concern them much. That's why I run the finances." You shrug your shoulders suddenly feeling the weight of the galaxy.

"Dammit Indra!" Ray yanks her by the hair. "I call you and call you and you do not respond. No respect."

"Ray calm down."

He stinks of liquor. His icy stare turns to you.

"Stay out of this Chana." He pushes Indra to the floor.

Indra moans as you help her up.

"Don't touch her!" He demands shoving you away from her. "She's not hurt. ARE YOU!!"

"Ray, ray." Indra pleads, "Everything is okay now. She helped us out."

His face shrinks out of embarassment then flashes with anger, "I don't need your pity. I am a man! I can take care of my family. I am as good if not better at it then those Jedi."

He hauls Indra up by the arm, "You like him. You like that Titanese scum."

Indra goes sailing across the room as his hand meets her face.

"NO!" You yell.

Your sister moans as she stumbles trying to stand. Ray lunges for her but is stopped and disabled from a kick to his lower back, delivered by you. He lands face first into the carpet.

"Get up Indra!" You yank your lethargic sister. Your heart races, you can hear it beating in your ears. He does not scare you. Then you remember, your son.

Indra stumbles away but not quick enough. Ray throws a punch, you block and deliver a punishing blow to his midchest knocking the air out of his lungs.

Got to get away. Got to leave.

Indra sluggishly moves as Ray coughs on the floor clutching his stomach.

"Come on!" You try to drag her.

"He looks..."

"Now." You pull her out of the living room.

"RAY!!" She screams as he yanks her back.

You turn to see her face turn blue as he chokes her. Ragged breaths escape her mouth.

"NO!" You scream running towards her. One kick to the back of his knee causes him to fall letting her go in the process. While he is down, you kick him in the back near his kidneys. He topples to the floor. Indra crawls away from you two holding her throat gasping for air.

Behind you are the bedrooms. In front of you is a way out. You decide to go for it hoping is still disoriented. He grabs your leg. You fall to the floor landing on your back. He is upon you now. Ray's face is a contorted mess of anger and hate.

The first blow to the face merely stings, the next time he closes his fist. You are disoriented. In this condition on your back you are like a turtle-- helpless. The only thing you can do is protect your son.

He wails on you. Ray fingers wrap around your neck. It is hard to breathe. Your hands scratch his face, hands, arms anything you can reach trying to stop him.

You gasp for air as he crushes your wind pipe. Suddenly he is off of you and thrown against the wall. Pictures and plants crash to the floor. You scootch away from him coughing. Ray lunges at you again but runs into Ardeth.

Ardeth hits him so hard you swear you hear a crack.

"Get up." Your life mate demands coolly. "You want to hit someone. Hit me."

You struggle to stand but fall. Qui-Gon catches you. His strong arms pick you up and carry into the living room and places you on the sofa. Indra sobs in the chair across from you. Suddenly Ray comes flying into the living room and crashes onto the front door. Ardeth strolls in looking quite pissed off.

"That is enough." Master Jinn commands standing next to Ardeth.

Ray stands obviously shaken, sore and quite beaten.

"Leave now." Ardeth orders.

The front door flies opens. Qui opens his hand and out Ray goes.


Ardeth kisses you delicately on your lips. You lay on your bed.

"Where else does it hurt?" He asks softly.

"I am fine."

They have healed you as much as they can. Your black eye and split lip are healed. All that is left are minor bruises. If Ardeth hadn't come when he did...

"Your jaw does it hurt?" He examines your face.

"Much better. A little sore though."

He nods and kisses you again. Qui enters and shuts the door carefully. He sits on the edge of the bed. His large hand rests on your womb. He closes his eyes, you wait. When they open again, he kisses you and sighs. He was worried. They both were.

"Is he all right?" Your hands massage your stomach.

"Yes." The master answers.

"Where is my sister?"

"She is resting."

"He can not come back in my house." Ardeth asserts

"He won't."


You are snuggled in a cozy cocoon of Ardeth and Qui-Gon.

BANG! BANG!

"BABY PLEASE!" Ray squeals.

BANG! BANG! He pounds on the front door again.

"Indie I need you! Indie please!!!"

You stare at the ceiling debating about what to do.

"I AM SORRY! I REALLY AM!! INDIE I NEED YOU!!"

Ardeth's breathing changes. He is awake. That means Qui- Gon is awake.

"INDIE YOU ARE MY WIFE! I LOVE YOU!!"

Will this go on all night? Should you call the police?

A high pitch yowl signals an incoming storm. Sandstorms can be very dangerous.

"He can sleep in his transport." Qui's voice is low and determined.

Ardeth turns on his side. He places a leg and arm around you protectively.

The banging stops. All is quiet.

"He's in here." You say scrambling trying to move.

Your suspicions are confirmed when you see Ray in your living room on his knees in front of Indra. She stares at him like mother greeting a lost child.

"He is not allowed in here." You growl. That man tried to kill you, her and your baby.

"Channie it is dangerous out there." She strokes his inky hair, holding his head close to her womb.

"I don't care. He can sleep in his transport but he must leave now."

Ray wraps his arms around Indra.

"I can not leave him."

You blink back tears filling all that you went through was for nothing. But you can not go through it again. You will not. You want him out and your lifemates want him out.

"Then you must go to."


You cry in Ardeth's embrace as the loud roar of the transport's engines permeate the air. The last viable connection to your family now flies away possibly never to see again.

Ardeth rocks back and forth soothing you. Holding you. Qui stares out the window as the craft recedes into the darkness.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||